Thanksgiving meal

Flipflopfly

Earning My Ears
Last year we ordered a full Thanksgiving meal from Publix and enjoyed it in our condo. Besides a turkey leg in Frontierland, do y'all have any suggestions? Not sure which park we will be in so we are open.

It is going to be kind of limited at this point. I woudl look now and take what is open. Personally, I like my own Thanksgive dinner, so when we are in WDW for the holiday, we choose an "anti" Thanksgiving option. The last time we picked Spirit of Aloha.

I'm the same. I like what I am used to. This year we will be at HS and we are eating at Brown Derby. I think they might have a turkey meal, so the rest of the family can have turkey if they wish.

Doesn't look like much is available this late in the game. I've heard good things about Boma and they have availability.

Last year we had Garden Grill and we loved it, but we reserved about 3 months in advance. You could always try setting up an alert with Touring Plans. If you can't decide which park you'll be in I'm afraid you'll have to take whatever you can get that day.

I think the quick service in the America section of World Showcase has a traditional meal.

I planned a last minute trip for Thanksgiving and have been researching this myself. I've read that Garden Grove at the Swolphin has a Thanksgiving meal, and the QS restaurants at the resort offer a Thanksgiving meal, although it varies by resort as to what they offer, apparently.

I planned a last minute trip for Thanksgiving and have been researching this myself. I've read that Garden Grove at the Swolphin has a Thanksgiving meal, and the QS restaurants at the resort offer a Thanksgiving meal, although it varies by resort as to what they offer, apparently.
Garden Grove is great, I did that last year. It feels like a real Thanksgiving meal since it's a buffet so you can keep getting more food if you want. They have the traditional carved turkey and all the sides, there is also other items which I really liked since I'm not a huge Thanksgiving food fan. My Fiance only agreed to go if I found him a real Thanksgiving meal. The characters were all there which was really fun too.

We are eating at Jiko this year for Thanksgiving!

We are planning to do dinner at Biergarten for Thanksgiving next year. It has meat and potatoes, and is different enough to not compete with my mom’s thanksgiving dinner.

FYI, I was looking at the Trails End page on the WDW website, when I found this blurb below:

Disney Dining on Thanksgiving Day
Indulge in one of the most beloved American traditions with a Thanksgiving meal at Walt Disney World Resort!

Come November 22, 2018, treat your tastes—along with family and friends—to a cornicopious feast, available at the following Disney dining locations:

Don’t miss your chance to savor the festive flavors of a one-of-a-kind Thanksgiving experience—book an online reservation today!

Please note that availability is limited, and that all dining events are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

we r doing yachtsman. this is our typical place for the holiday when we r there.

1. If you don't see anything on the WDW website for Garden Grove, check their own website for more availablity.
2. If you want a buffet, Trail's End has the most "bang for your buck," plus you can check out Chip & Dale's campfire sing-along after.
3. In 2016, we had an amazing meal at Art of Animation's food court on Thanksgiving night. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies, sweet potato pie, and more.
4. Last year, a few counter service places in the theme parks also had Thanksgiving meals This is from the DisneyFoodBlog:
What’s Thanksgiving Day without Turkey with all the trimmings? For years now, Table Service restaurants all over Disney World have served traditional Thanksgiving Day meals to visitors on Thanksgiving Day. But this year, a few Counter Service locations are even getting in on the Thanksgiving fun!
Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe- Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Green Beans, Cranberry Sauce, and Gravy.
Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons will serve a Thanksgiving Plate for lunch and dinner featuring all those same elements.
And in Animal Kingdom, Satu’li Canteen- Wood-grilled Turkey Breast with Gravy will be accompanied by Apple and Sage Stuffing, Green Beans, Orange Marmalade Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Candied Pecans, and Mashed Potatoes, all topped with Cranberry Boba Pearls. Dessert will feature a Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse.
Pinocchio Village Haus- Thanksgiving Flatbread is topped with cheese, turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, and it’s all drizzled with gravy.

Last year we ordered a full Thanksgiving meal from Publix and enjoyed it in our condo. Besides a turkey leg in Frontierland, do y'all have any suggestions? Not sure which park we will be in so we are open.

It might too late to get an ADR inside a park.
I would highly recommend a sit down at one of the Deluxe Resorts. I've done that twice during T Day and was happy to avoid the park insanity of the day!

I have eaten at 50s Prime Time before and have had traditional Thanksgiving dinner as part of the blue plate special. It was good and would recommend if it is available.

We dined at 50's PT and 'Ohana last year - 50's PT had a turkey special that my husband thought was decent. 'Ohana was the standard menu, nothing different for the holiday.

We don't care about eating traditional fare on Thanksgiving so we are just down for something fun with good food. This year we're going to HDDR so ribs and chicken will be on the menu :)

If you want to snag a table service spot, I would look now - maybe even set a reservation finder for someplace you'd love. Last year, we got 'Ohana for 8 people a month out so they will pop up as people firm up their plans.

We'll be eating at FF this Thanksgiving but it took a few weeks to find an available ADR open via TP.
On the bright side we are cancelling this 3 person lunch reservation :

EVENT NAME - TIME details here

Reservation:
3:55 PM
hollywood-brown-derby-00.jpg

Plan Details
The Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios, Hollywood Boulevard, The Hollywood Brown Derby
Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx View Confirmation
so will post it on the forum today.

1. If you don't see anything on the WDW website for Garden Grove, check their own website for more availablity.
2. If you want a buffet, Trail's End has the most "bang for your buck," plus you can check out Chip & Dale's campfire sing-along after.
3. In 2016, we had an amazing meal at Art of Animation's food court on Thanksgiving night. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies, sweet potato pie, and more.
4. Last year, a few counter service places in the theme parks also had Thanksgiving meals This is from the DisneyFoodBlog:
What’s Thanksgiving Day without Turkey with all the trimmings? For years now, Table Service restaurants all over Disney World have served traditional Thanksgiving Day meals to visitors on Thanksgiving Day. But this year, a few Counter Service locations are even getting in on the Thanksgiving fun!
Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe- Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Green Beans, Cranberry Sauce, and Gravy.
Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons will serve a Thanksgiving Plate for lunch and dinner featuring all those same elements.
And in Animal Kingdom, Satu’li Canteen- Wood-grilled Turkey Breast with Gravy will be accompanied by Apple and Sage Stuffing, Green Beans, Orange Marmalade Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Candied Pecans, and Mashed Potatoes, all topped with Cranberry Boba Pearls. Dessert will feature a Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse.
Pinocchio Village Haus- Thanksgiving Flatbread is topped with cheese, turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, and it’s all drizzled with gravy.
Pecos Bill's and Satu'li menus sound delicious. Has anyone seen anything about doing this again this year?

Doing a check around at Open Table for our December trip and noted Wine Bar George has a few reservations available for Thanksgiving Day and will be serving a special T-Day menu for lunch and dinner. Disney's site says it's booked solid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!