Thanksgiving Opinions

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
I know it's still early, but this came up when we were discussing our upcoming Nov/Thanksgiving trip. We are undecided about where to eat Thanksgiving dinner, being that we've never been there at this time of year before, so we have no idea what's good - what's to stay away from. We are a party of 4, maybe five - 2 or 3 15 year olds, 2 adults. These are our thoughts, please give your opinions or experiences. I know Liberty Tree Tavern is a fav for Thanksgiving, but we don't want the most popular (we're thinking crowds, table turn over, etc.) so that's off the table.
1)We are considering Boatrights at PO since it's "out of the way" of the major ongoings were thinking it might be quiet. Anyone know if it's good food (Thanks menu)?
2)Ohana - hubby doesn't like smoked food, I know the regular dinner offers smoked meat, but I'm taking a guess that Thanksgiving is just regular turkey? Am I correct?
3)Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge, how is it for Thanksgiving?
4)Jiko or Boma? Any opinions?
5) Does anyone know if any of the Thanksgiving meals any where in the world are all you can eat? I've got a growing boy on my hands, and boy can he eat!
Thanks so much for any and all help you can give - have a disney day!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We haven't been at WDW for Thanksgiving so unfortunately I can't give any suggestions. Hopefully someone will be albe to give you some help. Enjoy your vacation!

Pretty much all the Disney restaurants serve the traditional Thanks meal as their special of the day.

Boatwrights is very good for Thanks as are the following:

Buffets: Trails End, Yacht Club Special Buffet in the Convention Ctr & Yacht Club Galley.

Parks - We ate at Brown Derby one Thanks and all agreed it was good. I know 50s PT as the bird meal as well, just like Mom used to make.

Resorts - Yachtsmans St, Concourse St, GF Cafe, Konas

You are smart to think about this early. Those who dont will be eating at CS locations.

I have heard many times that the Thanksgiving offerings that are added to the menus are often BAD. I guess they make a lot of plates of "turkey etc" so the quality is not so good. That said, we had a WONDERFUL meal last Thanksgiving at Boma. The buffet was as wonderful and varied as always, but they added carved turkey to the meat area and also had some great mashed potatoes (white, where they always offer sweet). We had a great meal as we always do at Boma, and appreciated the more traditional items they added. There is something there for everyone, and the desserts alone are worth the trip. Plus the Xmas decorations will be up, and the ones at the AKL are beautiful and unique.

Have fun.

the Hoop Dee Doo Review? That would be a fun Thanksgiving dinner that would be remembered!

Boma is a great place to eat. Great tastes, high food quality and something different. Am sure it would be busy on Thanksgiving but which place isn't?! If you have never eatern at Boma or visited the AKL, you should try it.

Enjoy!

Kapp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter