Thanksgiving trip?

cmbelle

Chocoholic extraordinaire
It has been almost two years since our last trip, and I can't wait to go back. I am thinking Thanksgiving would be a good time since my DS is out of school for 3 days, the attendance should be low, and hotels are at the off-season price. Has anyone else been at Thanksgiving? What is it like? We would be there on Thanksgiving day.

At Thanksgiving time the attendance is anything BUT low. Parks are packed and can reach maximum. Do you have your lodging already? If not, you might not be able to get anything onsite. Disney hotels are higher at this time since it is considered Holiday rate. If you stay offsite, you might not get into the parks on Thanksgiving Day if you don't get there early when the parks open.

Oh no, that really stinks. I was going through the Disney website, and November was included in the off-season prices. I guess I will have to call and even see what is available. Thanks for the heads up.

We've been three times at Thanksgiving--the last time being 2000. Sat - Tues the crowds were low--the crowds didn't start picking up until Wed & Thurs. MK on Thursday is a ZOO--so go to another park. Using fastpass and planning well we think this is a perfect time to go.

If you go the week AFTER Thanksgiving weekend, you'll be MUCH better off! Attendance really drops off for the weeks after Thanksgiving, leading up to (but NOT including!!!) Christmas.

We typically go the week after Thanksgiving. Even the Sat. after Thanksgiving is pretty packed at the parks. However, the Sun. after Thanksgiving we found MK to be great. We rode Buzz probably 10 times in a row. That whole next week was very manageable as far as crowds. But, I've hard horror stories about the parks on Thursday and Friday...especially MK.

Be sure to call about a hotel room. There may still be some but I have heard they are fairly booked for that weekend. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter