Thanksgiving week must do's?

camnhan

DIS Veteran
So first time going during thanksgiving (and last since we are now realizing we will miss out on Mickey's Xmas party :( ) So for those of you have HAVE been during this week....what are the must do's? Anything special going on that we shouldn't miss?
It has been 10 years since we have visited during the winter holidays and I don't want to miss out on anything else.
So shoot me suggestions/ideas/recommendations!

The holiday storytellers begin on Sun the 18th at Epcot and the Candlelight Processional begins on Thanksgiving. There is the Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs and visiting the deluxe resorts for the decorations. Also the projections at HS and JBJB. When do you arrive?

The Grand Floridian has a giant gingerbread house if you have not seen it before(or for 10 years!) There is the Jingle Cruise(Jungle Cruise overlayed with Christmas decor and corny Christmas jokes) - not sure if it was running last time you visited. And of course, the castle lighting at MK is one of our favorites - you may have seen it before - now themed as Frozen, lit up by Elsa each night.

I love visiting (or staying at) GF or WL for the amazing Christmas trees and decorations!!! The gingerbread house is a must see at GF and I love sitting in the lobby listening to the live Christmas music. We also enjoy walking around Epcot and trying the different adult holiday drinks they offer! There’s a lot to choose from this year! (Food too!) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/holiday-festival/
HS has a nice Christmas show, lasers and projections, really cool. There’s so much to do and see for the holidays, it will be fun! Enjoy!

Great time to be a WDW.
  • Agree on the Story Tellers. I think must see are Italy, Norway, and at least 1 for France - Canada.
  • Christmas tree trail should be good to view
  • It has been 3 years for us, so looking forward to Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and the Tower projections at DHS. We went for the final showings of the Osborne Lights
  • The group at EPCOT - Joyful Noise - is REALLY good. They play at the Fountain

When we go at Christmas, we are in to the Christmas scene more than just attractions. We seek out each park. View the windows in the shops, catch any special event, music entertainment, and performers. Usually some fun food items during this time. Resorts are also very neat to check out. Probably easiest would be the monorail resorts at MK, or the Board Walk area resorts. I think AK now has the least amount of Christmas stuff. The trees are at the Disney Springs Trail (or a similar idea) and the Jungle Jingle Parade is no longer running (and that was a favorite).

We leave Friday. We were there for thanksgiving last year of Osborne’s so we r looking forward to the tower of terror light show and that area. Jingle cruise is always fun. Just seeing the different decorations from here since it has been 10 years for u should be cool for u! Have a great trip. I’m assuming it’s going to be crazy busy since it just gets worse and worse so I’m deff stepping back this trip to just be there.

We leave Friday. We were there for thanksgiving last year of Osborne’s so we r looking forward to the tower of terror light show and that area. Jingle cruise is always fun. Just seeing the different decorations from here since it has been 10 years for u should be cool for u! Have a great trip. I’m assuming it’s going to be crazy busy since it just gets worse and worse so I’m deff stepping back this trip to just be there.

We arrive then as well. 5 more days!

Hollywood Studios for all things Christmas
Voices of Liberty
GF for gingerbread house
Beach Club and Boardwalk lobby displays
Yule log from booth in France

We always try to visit the gingerbread house at Grand Floridian and see all the Xmas decorations at the monorail resorts

We arrive the 21st!!! So excited for Epcot, I love the different Christmas Santa's etc in the countries. Where is everyone eating Thanksgiving dinner? We are only doing CS so hoping to find turkey :). Last time we were home for Thanksgiving we ate turkey dinner at Sunshine seasons but I think we are going to HS Thanksgiving day.

See u at mco! Lol. Don’t forget ur Mickey tags for ur bags! Lol

What time do you land? If all goes well we will be there around 9:30 but we rent a car. We have our luggage tags that match our MBs on the suitcases just need to start packing and get through the week.

We arrive the 21st!!! So excited for Epcot, I love the different Christmas Santa's etc in the countries. Where is everyone eating Thanksgiving dinner? We are only doing CS so hoping to find turkey :). Last time we were home for Thanksgiving we ate turkey dinner at Sunshine seasons but I think we are going to HS Thanksgiving day.

We love the storytellers and CP! Our Thanksgiving dinner is at Boma. We were there 3 years ago so don’t know if things have changed but Flame Tree at AK offered a special turkey meal at lunch. We didn’t get it but it looked good as we were passing by. I think I heard about other CS doing similar at the parks and resorts.

What time do you land? If all goes well we will be there around 9:30 but we rent a car. We have our luggage tags that match our MBs on the suitcases just need to start packing and get through the week.
730 at night. only flight out of the airport we fly from. they got rid of the day flight so we loose a day but we are there for 10 days so no big deal. we never rented a car in over 20 years now. have always talked about it but we always get lazy and just depend on disney.

730 at night. only flight out of the airport we fly from. they got rid of the day flight so we loose a day but we are there for 10 days so no big deal. we never rented a car in over 20 years now. have always talked about it but we always get lazy and just depend on disney.

We usually do 1 or 2 area attractions on Disney trips so always rent a car. I forgot to mention that we land in the am. Where are you from?

The holiday storytellers begin on Sun the 18th at Epcot and the Candlelight Processional begins on Thanksgiving. There is the Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs and visiting the deluxe resorts for the decorations. Also the projections at HS and JBJB. When do you arrive?
we arrive on Saturday the 17th and leave on the 24th...

This is my first time going to the world for Thanksgiving! I know it will be crowded, but we go often and aren’t too concerned about rides. I love the suggestion of going to WL. I planned on GF, but didn’t know what other resorts decorate for Christmas. Can’t wait!

Do they ever add a Christmas party? I would love to go but none are scheduled while we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter