thankyou for your kind wishes-update

katypop

DIS Veteran
hi all,
first of all i want to thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers for our family after i told you about the assault on my son. although i didn't answer at the time i want you to know i did read your responses and was comforted by them. it seems like much more than 5 weeks have gone by since it happened....but we are coping and finding strength in each other...we are all so truly fortunate to have the love we have as a family, which includes that of grandparents, brothers, aunts and uncles.

my son brian is healing well, at least physically. i told you teens inflicted this upon him, and he is a teen himself...so i cannot blame teens in general, i know they are not all like this. brian thought at the time he was blinded, but although it was two weeks before his eye opened, thankfully he can see. his sight is somewhat blurry but the doctor's feel his eye will be fine. he will have a scar under his eye and the eye was pushed back so he may need plastic surgery in the future, the fractured bone will heal on its own. he is determined this will not scare him into never being able to walk around the neighbourhood again, but i have to admit i am terrified everytime he goes out after dark now.

so...we are surviving and beginning to find joy in life again, and i do believe the challenges we have faced in the last few months have made us realize just how much we need and love one another, and how precious life really is .

thanks again
kathe

Hi Kathe,
Thanks for the update. It's nice to hear that Brian is recovering. You are absolutely right about life being precious. I'm glad that you have such a great family to help you through this. I am also blessed with a supportive family - they are always there in good times and bad. I hope that things continue to get better for Brian and you.
Take care.
Nancy

Oh Kathe, it's so good to hear from you! I'm VERY glad to hear that Brian is doing so well. Family support is such an important thing at times like this. I'm glad that you've had it.

Kathe, I've been wondering how things were going with your son. I'm very relieved to hear that he's recovering very well. Support from family and friends makes all the difference, doesn't it. Take care.

So good to hear from you! I'm glad things are progressing well for your son, and especially glad about his eyesight. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kathe I'm so glad to hear your son is healing well.

I actually was looking for you on the boards last night as I know exactly what you're going through.We went through the same thing late Friday night.

Our son was on his way home (he's 27 and lives on his own)Fri. night and was walking his bike when a complete stranger called him and when he confronted our son another 5 thugs jumped him from behind and hit him on the front of his face and head with a beer bottle. My son was knocked unconscious and beaten all around his head.They then stole his new bike (worth $1000.00) and only 4 months old and left him for dead on the sidewalk.He wears glasses and they are also gone.

He came around and made his way to a phone booth and called us but we were sleeping and never heard the phone. He somehow made his way to a nursing home down the street where he passed out and an ambulance was called. We finally got another call at 4:30am. His head and especially his eyes are terrible and he's got stitches in his face. This made me so sick when I heard of your son and now mine. Also our DS is 6'2" and 220 lbs but when you have a gang jump you?? Not alot you can do. Thank God for my family and friends.It's been a long weekend and the healing for him will take even more time. I wasn't going to mention this here but I think it will help me to heal as well.

All the best Kathe
Cindy

Oh Cindy, I'm so sad to read of the senseless attack on your son! If there was that many of them, why did they have to resort to such brutality in stealing the bike? You're right, these people are thugs!!! Do the police have any leads ~ this sounds like a gang related thing.

I'm so sorry that this has happened to your family, Cindy and I do hope that your son is able to recover from both the physical and emotional scars of this horrible incident. Please keep us updated on how he is doing. Once again, I am so very sorry about this. Take care.

Thanks Julie for your kind wishes. It's starting to give me a few sleepless nights as it all starts to "sink" in and I realize what could have happened. His eyes are sooo bad and have now turned purple with severe bruising also to his chin. He has to see our family Dr. Thursday to get stitches out. His spirit is definately been shot down by this.

I really don't expect the police to find these "things" I can't call them people! The bike since it was worth a great deal will probably be long gone and sold for crack or such.He was wearing a "fanny pack" with his wallet and a discman,keys etc but they were not touched....except for headphones that he was wearing (they're gone along with his glasses and his bike) Obviously that's what they were after.

I think it helps to put this down in words.........thanks again.:)

-Cindy

Cindy,
I am so sorry about the attack on your son. I hope that he recovers quickly.
Nancy

oh Cindy, i am so sorry:(
i do know exactly how you're feeling and what your son must be going through. no matter what their age, it is beyond words to try to describe how it feels to see your child so beaten, and for such a senseless act of brutality.

i do know how awful facial injuries can look especially involving the eyes, but i also know how incredibly they can heal. after seeing my son at the time of the attack i thought his eye was gone, the swelling and bruising was terrible, but after a few days the swelling began to come down and after two weeks his eye opened. yes there is some scarring and possibly surgery ahead but he is healing, and your son will too.

emotionally it is harder. they did not catch brian's assailants either and likely never will. that is hard to accept. but even harder is the fear that it instills. we are both afraid that such a terrible thing could happen again, but my son is beginning to go out and see friends and feel good again. he is determined that these thugs will not take away his freedom too, and i think he is right although i'm scared to death when he goes out now.

my heart goes out to you. give it time, you both will heal with time.

kathe

Thanks everyone for your kind words.:)

Kathe I sent you a PM.

-Cindy-

Kathe, so nice to see you put an update on the boards. Glad to hear that things are going about as well as could be. Sending pixie dust your family's way. Hang in there, take care. We're thinking of you.

Cindy... oh no! :( That's so absolutely terrible! Sending pixie dust to your son and you too. I hope that he heals quickly and easily.

Gosh, both of these incidents are just sickening. :( :( :( {{{Hugs}}} all around.

Thank you for the update Kathe...I've been wondering how he was. I'm so happy to hear he is better.

I'm also saddened to hear about your son Cindy...what a terrible thing...and it is happening too often.

My prayers will be with both of you and your families.

Lisa

Thanks for the update Kathe, my continued good thought are being sent your way.

Cindy...I'm so sorry this has happend to your family also! I am sending my positive thoughs and wishes for your DS to heal quickly

hugs for both of you

{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

Kathe, thank you for letting us know that things are looking up.

Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about your son. Prayers go out for a speedy recovery-both physical and emotional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter