Day 2, Part 3: Not My Magicband!
[But say it like “Not my gumdrop buttons!”]

After lunch, we headed over to RnRC to use our second FP of the day. We were in and out of RnRC in 20 minutes. Everyone enjoyed the ride. Nathan has autism and doesn’t like loud noises and instinctively covers his ear, and somehow managed to get his arms under the chest harness and had his fingers in his ears the whole ride.

*Side note on Nathan’s autism: we did not use DAS at all, we honestly didn’t even ask about it. He’s used to standing in lines from going to water parks and smaller theme parks in New England and he had no issue waiting. Just in case anyone was curious. We also thought it wouldn’t be possible to use it for a large group.*

At the end of the ride, while were still strapped in, Logan was telling us how his phone slid out of his pocket during the ride, but that it was under his butt. We were all dying laughing.

48609236963_e104d22f00_c.jpg

48609753077_a6923c3919_c.jpg

48609260228_bfc3078024_c.jpg

After RnRC, we headed over and got in line for Tower of Terror. Joe was feeling a little rattled from RnRC and thought about sitting out of ToT, but he came in line with us and was going to bail at the last minute if he had to. It was raining while we were in line, and Mom had her umbrella and all the kids were huddled under the umbrella with her. It was pretty funny, I wish I had taken a picture.

The line was moving fast at first and then not at all. And we were out by the big tree… in the rain.

We saw some bird eggs on the ground by the tree and were all talking about how they could’ve ended up there. Jessica said, “that was a stupid bird if it left it’s eggs there.” We were all dying. The line pickup at this point and we were under cover in no time. All in all the wait took about 45 minutes.

48609757872_146be7e613_c.jpg

We got off the ride, and Logan was crying because he hated the ride. We went over to look at our pictures and Jessica SCREAMED.

“MY MAGICBAND!” To an 11 year old losing anything is a big deal, so the tears ensued for Jessica as well and Jill and Jessica ran up to the ride attendant to see if they could check to see if there was a magic band. Kelly was doing a magicband check on her boys when she looked and realized Chris didn’t have one on either.

Dang Twilight Zone, stealing Magicbands!

We were out of luck, they didn’t have the magic bands. The CM told Jill they could get new ones at the front desk hotel, but for now they could go up to Guest Relations and get cards so we could use their fastpasses. We only had one ride left and then we were leaving for the day, so we made the executive decision to go to the next ride and play dumb.

I didn’t want to walk to the front of the park just to turn around for one more ride.

48609779112_43f777ee75_c.jpg

48609627446_1c1c3c1233_c.jpg

Talk about a close up

We took a few photopass pictures (do you guys know how hard it is to take a group photo? Extremely apparently) and went to use our last FP, Star Tours. We told the CM at the touch point we lost some magicbands and they said it was fine and let us on no problem.

Star Tours ended, we helped the rebellion… I think? Star Tours makes me incredibly car sick. I get such a bad headache and feel so ill, but I wanted to be part of the fun so I went on anyway. We were in the back row so I thought maybe being so far away from the screen would help. Nope. I figured out a few days later what would help me on this ride, air flow! On FOP there’s air and that keeps me from feeling sick, same with an actual car, I just open the window and have the breeze. Star Tours, add air!

The boys wanted to lightsabers with their money they had saved up for the trip. So they picked out their handles and colors and all the things. Jessica, Jill, and Joe headed out of the park at this point and Mom went with them to buy Jessica a new magicband so they could use her AP. She picked a Stitch one but ended up swapping it out for a rainbow one when she got back to the hotel.

I stayed with Kelly, Chris, and the boys as they made their lightsabers.

48609292393_f68c76d5d4_c.jpg

I poked around the store and looked at the mugs for my boyfriend, big Star Wars guy. I decided I was most likely going to get this one, but that I would get it later in the week.

48609805482_593ea388ed_c.jpg

We were going to head out at this point, but we popped over to Launch Bay to meet some characters. Mom met us over at Launch Bay. We were going to do the Visa meet & greet but it only went til 4 and it was a little after that at this point. But the lines for Kylo and BB-8 were short so we did those two.

There was no wait for Kylo Ren when we got there, but as we waited an influx of people came behind us. This seemed to happen a lot this trip, we got places right before a crowd.

Kylo Ren was the photographer-less photo, which was kind of weird. The boys didn’t really get it. Nathan was very wary about meeting Kylo, but he joined Logan after a few minutes when he realized he wasn’t thatttt scary.

48609240668_bf19170d0a_c.jpg

48609256388_a0c5bd13f5_c.jpg

48609241323_034015733f_c.jpg

Next we popped over to BB-8. I haven’t seen the newest movies (please don’t shun me, I’m working on it) but BB-8 is so cute I wanted my picture with him too. The CM working with BB-8 had a cane that looked like a lightsaber. It was super cool.

48609292193_98f436f7c0_c.jpg

48609765362_f8b8888959_c.jpg

48609611961_bb6506c883_c.jpg

48609250508_abfc4d88b7_c.jpg

48609764367_bd7792c0e6_c.jpg

I love my shirt, I saw it on instagram a while ago and had to have it. And it was a big hit throughout the day. Random people walking by would say “pew, pew, pew” and honestly at first I was so confused and forgot I was wearing it and like “hmmm, that was strange” but by the third time or so I was used to it. The shirt is from Magic Threads Co on instagram.

After our meet and greets, we started to head out of the park, but stopped to watch the Star Wars stage show.

48609294428_fd9a58f139_c.jpg

After the show we headed out. As we were nearing the front of the park a CM with a lightsaber came up and asked the boys if they wanted to have a lightsaber fight. Logan said heck yes!

48609653311_ef2936acd6_c.jpg

*Video*

48609804017_78b8d6f8eb_c.jpg

48609651906_5845b42dcb_c.jpg

Thank you to Emily from Hong Kong, China for the magical moment. It was so fun to watch and Logan had a blast.

We left the park at 5:45, were on the bus rather quickly, and back at Pop in no time. Mom and I both climbed in bed and took a nap. We had a plan for everyone to meet in the food court around 7 to get dinner and then head back to the park for fireworks.

*napppp time*

We got to the food court around 7:30 and all had dinner. I wasn’t too hungry, and I was incredibly cold, so I got quiche and soup. I got the caramelized onion with bacon and tomato quiche and potato soup. Mom also got quiche but she got the goat cheese and spinach one I think. Her’s was much better than mine, I barely ate any one mine, the tomatoes were so much bigger and sweeter than I expected and there were sooo many of them. My meal was definitely a flop.

At 8:30 we were done eating and got in line for the bus back to DHS. We waited a while for a bus to come and eventually at 8:50 a bus showed up. The driver said, “you know the park closes at 9 right?”

I *knew* the fireworks were at 9:30 so I assumed the park closed at 9:30 as well. I was 97% sure they would still let us in, but that 3% of doubt was getting to me as the clock ticked down. We got off the bus at 8:58 and spedwalked to the front of the park.

There was one security table open still and one touchpoint, and no one said anything to use about the park being closed, it was 9:05. We walked towards the chinese theater to find a spot for the fireworks. There was a projection show going on we’d never seen before. I asked a CM what it was and she said it was called Wonderful World of Animation. It was super cute, we really enjoyed what we saw of it.

48615144997_8ceda2daf8_c.jpg

Jessica went off to a nearby cart to buy a water, and when she came back she said “this is my water and I don’t have to share cause I paid for it with my own money”.

All of us adults burst out laughing. Chris said, “ OH that’s how it works?! Silly us, sharing things with these kids all these years even though we didn’t have to cause it was OUR own money” We were dying.

48609290468_bb752424e9_c.jpg

After the fireworks, we did a little shopping. The shops on Hollywood Blvd were closed so we did our shopping on Sunset. I was over the moon because I found a Bing Bong plush and I’d been wanting them for so long, but the last few times I went (Sept, Feb, April) I couldn’t find him and I was certain you could only get him in DCA at Pixar Pier. HE SMELLS LIKE
COTTON CANDY!

Logan bought a Buzz Lightyear gauntlet, Jessica bought a Lotso plush, and Nathan didn’t want anything. We headed out of the park.

We were a little disappointed in the Star Wars “fireworks”. There were barely any fireworks. I remember seeing what I’m guess was a different version of Star Wars fireworks during my college program and being blown away by them. But this time around it was all projections and laser and fire, with barely any fireworks. It was cool, but a little lame that there weren’t more fireworks.

We were on a bus by 10:45 and had waited about 15 minutes, it seemed like everyone in the world was staying at POP this week. The bus line was always so long.

Mom, Kelly, Jill, and I all play Disney Emoji Blitz pretty religiously and it’s all we talk about. Logan and Jessica also play but they’re not as into it. So it became a trend that we would all be playing when we were in line for the bus or a ride or on the bus. Chris doesn’t play so he doesn’t *get it*.

We were back at POP around 11 and headed to the front desk. We got new magicbands for Chris (gray) and Jessica (yellow) and we purchased a one day one park ticket for Chris’s daughter Sydney who would be joining us for the day on Saturday. And we requested more blanket.

The CM told us the blankets would be up in about 20 minutes. Mom and I headed to the room and Kelly & gang went into the food court for dessert.

I, for one, was exhausted. And I know Mom was too. Straight to bed for us! Our blankets never came.

Continued…

Last edited:
We have a family trip for 9 people coming up next year. I am amazed that you are all able to stay together so well! I am taking notes for sure!

I'm really enjoying your TR! Way to go coordinating a trip with so many people.

Thanks for joining in! It definitely was a challenge at times!

We have a family trip for 9 people coming up next year. I am amazed that you are all able to stay together so well! I am taking notes for sure!

Aw good luck on your 9 person trip! You'll have a blast! We didn't initially plan on doing EVERYTHING together but we spent about 85-90% of the trip all together.

Joining in! Sounds like a great trip!

Love your Pew Pew shirt!!

We're going to be at POP in 3 days. Can't wait!!

What a jam packed day at DHS! I give you guys a lot of credit for heading back for the fireworks! I've come to realize once I leave a park its very hard for me to get back! lol

Following along.

It's actually really hard for me to tell which pictures you took and which were photopass. Your camera quality/photo taking skills are on point!

Also, we leave this Thursday with a group of 11 family members so I love reading about how you guys dealt with a "large" group. So fun!

At the end of the ride, while were still strapped in, Logan was telling us how his phone slid out of his pocket during the ride, but that it was under his butt. We were all dying laughing.

This actually happened to me in June lol and I spent the whole ride thinking my phone was gonna fly out :rotfl: :rotfl:

essica went off to a nearby cart to buy a water, and when she came back she said “this is my water and I don’t have to share cause I paid for it with my own money”.

:rotfl::rotfl:

I was over the moon because I found a Bing Bong plush and I’d been wanting them for so long, but the last few times I went (Sept, Feb, April) I couldn’t find him and I was certain you could only get him in DCA at Pixar Pier. HE SMELLS LIKE COTTON CANDY!

Yesss it took me forever to find him in stock online and I love him!

We were a little disappointed in the Star Wars “fireworks”. There were barely any fireworks.

Agreed! Give us back the fireworks!

Mom, Kelly, Jill, and I all play Disney Emoji Blitz pretty religiously and it’s all we talk about. Logan and Jessica also play but they’re not as into it. So it became a trend that we would all be playing when we were in line for the bus or a ride or on the bus. Chris doesn’t play so he doesn’t *get it*.

Yesss same! I'm obsessed!

Following along! Our group of 9 heads to WDW in a few weeks - looks like your group trip worked out great!

Joining in! Sounds like a great trip!

Love your Pew Pew shirt!!

We're going to be at POP in 3 days. Can't wait!!

Thank you! I love that shirt! I hope you're having so much fun at POP!

What a jam packed day at DHS! I give you guys a lot of credit for heading back for the fireworks! I've come to realize once I leave a park its very hard for me to get back! lol

It was hard :rotfl: I was so cozy and warm in my bed, getting back up and out there was rough!

Joining in! Your first 2 days sounded so fun!

Thanks for joining in!

Following along.

It's actually really hard for me to tell which pictures you took and which were photopass. Your camera quality/photo taking skills are on point!

Also, we leave this Thursday with a group of 11 family members so I love reading about how you guys dealt with a "large" group. So fun!

Thanks for joining in! Thanks haha! I know the photopass cameras used to not be so great so I was shocked when I couldn't even tell the difference myself this trip! My camera is the Canon G7x! I hope you have so much fun on your trip! It definitely was overwhelming at times with some many people, but it was a lot of fun!

Just joining in and loving your report so far! I can't wait to hear more of your family adventures...

Thanks for joining in!

Loving the trip report! I too give a thumbs up on your return :).

Thanks for joining! And thanks so much lol! It was tough!

This actually happened to me in June lol and I spent the whole ride thinking my phone was gonna fly out :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Yesss it took me forever to find him in stock online and I love him!

Agreed! Give us back the fireworks!

Yesss same! I'm obsessed!

YES! Team Blitz Emoji! OMG the RnRC phone thing?! I would've been freaking out if it had happened to me. Bing Bong is seriously the best. And yesss! Give us back the fireworks! I 100% agree!

Following along! Our group of 9 heads to WDW in a few weeks - looks like your group trip worked out great!

Welcome! I hope you have so much fun on your big group trip! It was such a blast! Overwhelming at times, but definitely worth it!

Just now joining in. I had no idea Bing Bong smelled like cotton candy, WHAT!

Following your TR....so fun! How did you deal with the rain? We are going August 2020 and buying rain ponchos before we get there. We've been there in July but many moons ago and only remember one afternoon of showers. Other trips no rain.

I miss the original SW fireworks! We aren't SW fans but that show was close to amazing and I was so disappointed when they changed it. I'm not a fan of projections in "fireworks' shows anyway.

Nice day at HS and kudos on getting back to the park after a late nap lol!

Just now joining in. I had no idea Bing Bong smelled like cotton candy, WHAT!

Thanks for joining! AND I KNOW! I was so happily surprised by that!

Following your TR....so fun! How did you deal with the rain? We are going August 2020 and buying rain ponchos before we get there. We've been there in July but many moons ago and only remember one afternoon of showers. Other trips no rain.

Thanks for joining! We brought 9 ponchos with us, and rain was on the forecast every single day. The first day (MK) we brought the ponchos in a drawstring bag and took turns carrying them and only a few of us ended up wearing the poncho at the worst moment of rain. The second day we brought the ponchos and took turns carrying them and then no one wanted to wear one. And then we opted not to bring them anymore. We found that we were too hot in the ponchos so it was either like you were wet from the rain or wet from sweating under the poncho :rotfl:

We also have been plenty of times in August and have always seemed to escape the rain, too!

I miss the original SW fireworks! We aren't SW fans but that show was close to amazing and I was so disappointed when they changed it. I'm not a fan of projections in "fireworks' shows anyway.

Nice day at HS and kudos on getting back to the park after a late nap lol!

Yes! I'm glad I wasn't just imagining the original fireworks being much better!

Joining in on the fun!

Thanks for joining!

Thanks for answering! I kind of figured it will be very hot in those ponchos, my son and hubby will probably ditch them fast. LOL :rolleyes:
We will be bringing a stroller for my granddaughter so we won’t have to carry them. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!