Thanks for answering! I kind of figured it will be very hot in those ponchos, my son and hubby will probably ditch them fast. LOL :rolleyes:
We will be bringing a stroller for my granddaughter so we won’t have to carry them. :yay:

Definitely! And I'd definitely bring them if you have the stroller and don't have to carry them. They're nice to have when you do want them!

Day 3, Part 1: Rise & Shine & Swim

The rest of the week we had planned all our days to start around 11am or later so everyone had time to sleep in or hang by the pool or whatever they please.

I woke up around 7:30am cause I’m an early riser and just laid in bed for about an hour and looked at all the PhotoPass pictures so far (I was dyinggg at the pictures of the little girl battling Darth Vader while crying from the day before), and played Emoji Blitz. At 8:30, I decided to get up and head to the food court then the pool for a little and Mom joined me.

48615114222_608fda73f5_c.jpg

Mickey Waffles for me!

The food court was out of ketchup… and knives. It was quite the fiasco.

I got an OJ as well because I wasn’t feel too hot. I started coming down with what I thought was a cold, but later realized was a mix of a cold and allergies combined. We finished breakfast and popped over to the pool.

48614966196_9d010ed857_c.jpg

48650892617_9f30bdf906_c.jpg

48650748976_f37fc77fc5_c.jpg

It was only about 10am, but it was hot! I hopped right in and was swimming around like a fish for a little. Mom sat on a car in the shade while I swam. After like 15 minutes or so I was done, we went into the gift shop to poke around a little. I got a set of pens and a magnet I had been wanting since January, and a POP Century pin because they had changed them since the last time I stayed here. Mom also purchased reusable straws for us to use in the parks and we carried them in our fanny packs the rest of the trip.

48614965906_eb007c5c97_c.jpg

I took a shower when we got back to the room and got ready for the day. We ditched the poncho backpack we’d carried around the entire day before and everyone agreed they didn’t need a poncho if it rained. Storms were in the forecast every single day, and it seemed to be a 4:00 storm on the dot every day.

My dad was joining us on the trip today, he had a 6:00 flight from Boston, landed by 9, and arrive at Pop around 11. He had gotten a text that his room was ready, but then almost immediately after got an “oops not quite yet” text. He came up and used our rooms to get ready and leave his stuff.

Chris’ suitcase had practically exploded in transit when we got here on Wednesday. It was a hard case suitcase and one of the corners got crushed and the wheel came off and clothes were hanging outside of it. It was a major bummer because it was a carry on but since they were asking people to check it, he did. And he had borrowed it from a friend so it wasn’t even his. Dad brought him a duffle bag so he’d have a way to get all his stuff back home. Dad also brought some items (pins and shirts) that got delivered after we left home.

We all met in the lobby around 11:30. I think some people were grabbing coffee or snacks or even lunch and then we headed out to Epcot.

While we were on the bus and chatting Jill told us someone brought blankets to their room last night out of the blue…. So THAT’S where our blankets ended up.

48614616568_845fc1c98f_c.jpg

We got to Epcot around 12:00

We took some pictures, the PhotoPass photographer wasn’t the greatest.

48615134627_ce1cce480e_c.jpg

Nathan was covering his eyes, which clearly none of us could see as we were standing behind him and the photographer stood there and stared at him/us, not saying anything or taking the photos, just staring looking annoyed. And we didn’t know what was going on until Logan said “Nathan, put your hands down”. Like c’mon guy you could’ve said something instead of staring.

48615129422_199e433265_c.jpg

Also it really bugs me that most of the photographers don’t try and help you out a little. 10 is a big number of people and clearly we couldn’t tell who was in the openings or who was blocked, but like the guy taking the photo can. Speak up and be like “hey you in the blue move to your left a little” or whatever it is.

Honestly, this is where the “I want my money back” jokes started. My dad is a pretty funny guy and we were catching up on the trip so far and (jokingly) complaining about the rain the days before and how the rides were all down because of the rain. I definitely feel like this was a funnier joke if you were there and part of it, but we were all dying and it continued all week. If there was rain or anything that was slightly inconvenient, it was instantly “I want my money back”. And we were 100% joking, obviously.

It was 12:20 at this point and we had a FP for Spaceship Earth that was about to end followed immediately by a Test Track FP. We headed straight into SSE. We weren’t able to get FP for Dad because he decided to come so late in the game, so at each attraction I would just explain that we had a big group and 9 of us DID have fastpasses and 1 did not. It was never a problem, except for this one instance because the girl must’ve heard me backwards and thought only 1 had a fastpass and we wanted 9 people to join. She looked so confused and like she was about to say no, but another cast member was like it's fine just go.

SSE was great as always. I love this ride and I’m a little sad it’s getting a refurb because I love it the way it is. After SSE we headed straight over to Test Track and got in the FP line.

48614616933_2ee4726eed_c.jpg

48650746281_11c8cd3c2e_c.jpg

48650389583_5c806bcfd2_c.jpg

48650390063_393bb3e295_c.jpg

48650889472_7a9871a96b_c.jpg

48650746351_d2f51583f3_c.jpg

The line was moving a little on the slow side. We eventually made it into the design your car area and let all the kids design cars. We we were in the next area they announced that the ride was temporarily closed due to weather. The CMs were walking around giving out fastpasses for those who were getting out of line at this point to come back. We opted to stay in line for a bit, and we played Heads Up while we waited.

One, it was pouring outside so where were we gonna go? And two, I didn’t want this to affect the flow of the rest of our day if we had to come all the way back to future world later.

After like 15-20 minutes, the ride came back on and we were right around the corner from loading so it took no time. We looked at the Chevy cars after the ride for a little bit. Everyone in my family except for me drives a Chevy. And Joe works for GM. He asked about the Chevy Lounge and the CM told him that it was closed for an event.

48615143527_ebd6e3b160_c.jpg

48614626913_062d993829_c.jpg

We poked around the gift shop, got some candy, and made some pressed pennies before heading out into the light rain. We went right over to Mission Space after. We all did the green side and the wait was non-existent. When we got off Logan and Jessica both wanted to do orange and so did Kelly and Chris. Off they went to get in line, we didn’t think it would take that long… we were wrong.

Continued…

Last edited:
Day 3, Part 2: You Betrayed Me, Brother!

My dad got us some snacks, I got a churro, Nathan got cotton candy and we hung out on a bench while we waited. Nathan had wanted to go on the ride, but they had him sit it out so I think he was a little bummed. We went into Mouse Gears to kill some time, he looked at some toys but wasn’t loving anything and it was incredibly loud so we headed back over to the benches we had been sitting at.

We figured they would’ve been done by now. We went back into the Mission Space shop because I thought it would be fun to try the astronaut ice cream sandwich while we waited.

48614616873_33a98678ca_c.jpg

48615113962_0769205d1f_c.jpg

Honestly, this was good, but so hard to eat.

We ate our space food, continued to hang out on the benches, and then went over towards the bathrooms. Finally they were done with the ride, and everyone thought it was a bust and they didn’t need to do it if they knew it was going to be the same thing as the other side. Oh well. The posted wait time had been like 20 or 25 minutes but it took closer to 45 or 50.

Everyone went to the bathroom in shifts, which takes forever with 10 people. How is it that one kid is always like “I swear I don’t have to go to the bathroom” and then as soon as we’re about the leave “ACTUALLYYYY I’m gonna go to the bathroom”

We watched the JAMitors for a couple minutes on the tail end of their show. It was 3:45 at this point and we had a FP for Figment so we crossed future world to explore our imaginations.

Jessica loved Figment last time we came to WDW and she was 7, because I love Figment and this time she loved Figment on her own. She wanted everything to do with Figment for the rest of the trip. After the ride the kids wanted to meet Ralph and Vanellope but the line was way too long and we were about to go meet Mickey.

We headed out and up the stairs to the Visa meet and greet. You never know who the characters will be, but today it was Mickey and Goofy. There was just one couple in front of us so we waited about 5 minutes. This was nice because we could take our time knowing that there was no one behind us. The room was a little small for 10 people though.

48614989931_c800f8df0b_c.jpg

48614641298_b1ef378c4d_c.jpg

48614639123_47f8796b71_c.jpg

48615149432_003fee12e2_c.jpg

48615139717_8a03b867d2_c.jpg

We were done with Future World for the day and ready to start our World Showcase journey, but we wanted to make a detour at Club Cool first. We had fun trying all the different flavors. Some fell victim to Beverly, and we all shared sips from around the world.

48650747766_d169098bb5_c.jpg

48650387673_abaea7c496_c.jpg

Into World Showcase and straight to Mexico. It was food time. We headed for La Cantina de San Angel. Mom and I split nachos and tacos de pescado and a margarita. Jessica sat with us and she had chicken tenders, a major theme of the trip. And she munched on our nachos with us.

48614616788_10a05de5c0_c.jpg

We love the food here, we got it for the first time last year in September when we were on the dining plan.

48614616453_7f4b59896d_c.jpg

After we were done eating, we went into the Mexico Pavilion. Mom bought the kids Epcot Passports and we got in line for the kidcot station. I miss Duffy on a stick or even the masks on a stick they had when I was a kid.

We went on Gran Fiesta Tour and had a good time. I like that ride, Donald is so cute and funny.

In Norway, we did kidcot, the gods walkthrough in the tree, and then we met Anna and Elsa. The wait was 10 minutes and Jessica wanted to meet them. The boys didn’t want to be in the pictures but we still had them come through the line anyway.

48615132937_382559f8be_c.jpg

48614986646_84e7e62222_c.jpg

I love how chatty both Anna & Elsa are, they’re so fun.

48614632963_cc85049535_c.jpg

48614979011_f168ddde27_c.jpg

We all jumped in for a picture and convinced Nathan to come too. When we were walking over to Anna, Logan said “Nathan we made a pact! You betrayed me, brother!” It was so funny, and Nathan didn’t care he was joining in on the character fun.

48615147932_bf932c8a0b_c.jpg

48614648698_b05579222c_c.jpg

48614650788_b36d2cb55c_c.jpg

Continued…

Last edited:
Day 3, Part 3: I’m Just Too Tall

After Norway, we went in China and watched the Reflections of China film. We had some time to kill before the video started so we looked around the Shanghai exhibit.

48614966006_5ae4e0ef93_c.jpg

48614616373_934884df7e_c.jpg

I loved these Tron ears. I’d love to go to all the Asia Parks, it’s very high on my bucket list.

After the video, we explored the shops in China, did the kidcot station, Jessica bought a fan, and then some of the adults grabbed drinks as the rest of us watched the acrobats. We headed continued on after the performance. Dad decided to head back to the hotel at this point because we was exhausted and had been up since 2am.

It 6:40 at this point and we continued on. In Germany I wanted a grapefruit beer and caramel popcorn. I had had my eye on this prize all day long! But Jessica, Jill, and Kelly wanted to meet Snow White so they hopped in line for that first.

The boys had no interest in meeting Snow and took it upon themselves to get comfortable.

48615117162_88e70243a6_c.jpg

48614619378_0b278a0148_c.jpg

48614968951_5ff38b3d09_c.jpg

48614969551_a15b1434d6_c.jpg

48614970476_e05f857515_c.jpg

48614621313_acd197f9b4_c.jpg

48614621888_ddda3ccb41_c.jpg

Finally! Time for my long awaited grapefruit beer & caramel popcorn. I headed to Werther’s to get the popcorn and mom got in line for the grapefruit beer at a kiosk. The cart she went to had pink grapefruit beer which was really good but a little sweeter than the regular grapefruit beer.

The popcorn was a bust. Back in Feb when we were here for the weekend I bought a bag for myself and my best friend and shipped her hers when I got home, and ate mine when I got home. So I thought it had gone stall during travel, the popcorn was a little on the soggy side and just not as great as I remember it but I thought it was a fluke thing. Well the popcorn was the same this time and I was eating it right when I bought it. I was a little bummed. It was still good and I still ate a fair amount but it definitely wasn’t the best.

48614965546_5e9fb227d8_c.jpg

It was 8pm and we continued exploring some of the pavilions before finding a spot for the fireworks. We went to the kidcot stations in Germany, Italy, and Japan. We skipped over the USA for now, but we walked slowly as we passed the Guardians Mix Tape show so we could enjoy the music a little.

Japan was a big hit for Jessica because she loves anime and japan things. She found a couple things she wanted to get with her money but we convinced her to take pictures and we’d get them later in the trip if she was still sure that’s what she wanted.

She got some strawberry “soda” she likes that has a marble in the top of it. She bought three bottles of that and some pokey sticks. We watched the fireworks in Japan.

48615120502_79cd70739b_c.jpg

48614623243_1c9268b999_c.jpg

As we walked out of the park we stopped at the pin trading store behind Spaceship Earth and I got a few things I brought back to the room.

48617139788_5f5837620a_c.jpg

48614624653_7a77b3345e_c.jpg

We had a fairly long wait for the bus, and there had been many kid meltdowns throughout the day (heat, exhaustions, ya know) and they weren’t over yet. It was Jessica’s turn now. She started crying and when asked why she was crying she said “because I’m so tall and I’m only 11 years old and everything thinks I’m so much older than I actually am”. I was trying not to laugh, but it was hilarious.

We got back to the hotel around 11pm and went to bed. It had been another exhausting day.

Continued…

---

Real life side note!

Today, August 31st, is our Jessica boo's actual 12th birthday!

She's so sweet, sassy, silly, incredibly cool, smart and funny, and has a sense of humor beyond her age, and I'm feeling pretty nostalgic that she's getting so old! Especially since I was 12 when she was born :scared1:

48602691846_e2607eef4e_c.jpg

48602825597_0ddb07cc50_c.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA!

48652932396_fbdd977761_c.jpg

48652932531_71c4c0eb7d_c.jpg

48653075407_9da9bc75d9_c.jpg

48652569718_47539f5caf_c.jpg

48652932451_742408d7f2_c.jpg

48652569628_993c12e807_c.jpg

48653075792_f5871156c4_c.jpg

48652570243_00dc1ef8bb_c.jpg

Last edited:

She's so sweet, sassy, silly, incredibly cool, smart and funny, and has a sense of humor beyond her age, and I'm feeling pretty nostalgic that she's getting so old! Especially since I was 12 when she was born :scared1:

Happy Birthday Jessica! You are also beautiful! And it is fine being tall! Everyone is just jealous! Enjoy your day!

Mickey Waffles for me!

The best breakfast!

The food court was out of ketchup… and knives. It was quite the fiasco.

What a mess.

I got an OJ as well because I wasn’t feel too hot. I started coming down with what I thought was a cold, but later realized was a mix of a cold and allergies combined.

Oh no! My allergies always get me when I travel.

It was a hard case suitcase and one of the corners got crushed and the wheel came off and clothes were hanging outside of it.

I hope they compensated him for that! I had a suitcase that broke on a Southwest flight to Disney a few years ago and they gave me a new suitcase and sent me a check!

Also it really bugs me that most of the photographers don’t try and help you out a little. 10 is a big number of people and clearly we couldn’t tell who was in the openings or who was blocked, but like the guy taking the photo can. Speak up and be like “hey you in the blue move to your left a little” or whatever it is.

Agreed! Isn't the goal for people to want the pictures anyway?

SSE was great as always. I love this ride and I’m a little sad it’s getting a refurb because I love it the way it is.

I'm sad for it to change but I'm excited to see what they do with it at the same time.

We opted to stay in line for a bit, and we played Heads Up while we waited.

We play that in lines too!

Cute picture!

When we were walking over to Anna, Logan said “Nathan we made a pact! You betrayed me, brother!”

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Oo I love those!

She started crying and when asked why she was crying she said “because I’m so tall and I’m only 11 years old and everything thinks I’m so much older than I actually am”

Aww :rotfl::rotfl:

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Jessica! You are also beautiful! And it is fine being tall! Everyone is just jealous! Enjoy your day!

Thank you! And I agree, I love being tall!

The best breakfast!

What a mess.

Oh no! My allergies always get me when I travel.

I hope they compensated him for that! I had a suitcase that broke on a Southwest flight to Disney a few years ago and they gave me a new suitcase and sent me a check!

Agreed! Isn't the goal for people to want the pictures anyway?

I'm sad for it to change but I'm excited to see what they do with it at the same time.

We play that in lines too!

Cute picture!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Oo I love those!

Aww :rotfl::rotfl:

Happy birthday!

Re: Suitcase - I'm not sure if Delta did, but I know they were planning on calling and complaining when they got back from the trip. Re: Photopass - RIGHT! Lol we're supposed to want to purchase the photos lol.

Heads up is SO fun in line! We were cracking up, Jessica kept being like "guys we need to be more quiet" :rotfl:

Aww, a Happy Birthday to Jessica 🎂🎈

Thank you!

I feel Jessica's pain!! I was 5'8" from the time I was 10 and its hard when your tall and everyone treats you older than you are. Especially at Disney! Poor thing lol

Looks like a fun day in EPCOT though!

I feel Jessica's pain!! I was 5'8" from the time I was 10 and its hard when your tall and everyone treats you older than you are. Especially at Disney! Poor thing lol

Looks like a fun day in EPCOT though!

Me too! I was 5'7" in the 6th grade and gained a few inches after that too! I've always liked being tall. And yes such a fun EPCOT day!

Day 4, Part 1: A Magical Moment Donut

This morning is a little fuzzy to me. I woke up around 8am and got ready for the day. We had a game plan to meet in the food court for breakfast around 9/9:30am. Chris’s daughter Sydney was joining us today so while mom and I were heading down to breakfast we bumped into them right as Syd arrived.

Mom and I went to the front desk to see if they could print out our confirmation email for the annual passholder preview of Galaxy’s Edge. We were going on Tuesday and got an email the day before this that said bring a “physical copy of your confirmation”. They told us they couldn’t print it out and that we could use the computer in the business center to print it. Which was going to cost $6 for 10 minutes… excuse me no. I got heated about this I refusedddd to pay money to print something Disney was requiring me to have. I was venting to my friend who went this morning (Saturday) and she said they were letting people show emails on their phones. So phewww crisis averted.

We met dad in the food court and scoped out a big table for all of us to sit, every one straggled down and eventually the whole squad was fed. I had a croissant and picked some of the kids potatoes.

Around 10:30 we got on the bus and headed to MK! Initially the plan for today was to get to MK later in the day, but since Sydney joined us for the day we decided to go earlier and squeeze some more park time in.

We got to MK around 11am and took some pictures in front of the park.

48617173158_2c38c71161_c.jpg

48617529306_4b536ba0e0_c.jpg

48617673642_2c5eb1d974_c.jpg

48617174203_52467a9f0b_c.jpg

48617175403_fcb602afb9_c.jpg

We entered the park and headed straight for Starbucks. Chris, Kelly, and Sydney went to get in line Starbucks, since it was the weekend and prime coffee time it was super busy. Mom and I and the kids watched the trolley show and took some pictures of the kids on main street before heading into Starbucks to wait for them.

48617669867_da7e4852a6_c.jpg

48617526706_2708ea68f7_c.jpg

48617675952_e1b58b7ca5_c.jpg

48617533241_25db417e1d_c.jpg

48617534756_b731e40105_c.jpg

48617534576_d81518fcf1_c.jpg

While we were inside waiting off to the side for them to order, we were chatting with the girls next to us about how good their enormous donuts looked. They were joking about how they should’ve split one instead of each getting their own.

Before they left, one of them offered us the rest of her donut, “I know this is weird, but do you guys want the rest of this? I’m just going to throw it out and I only picked at this side of it.”

She seriously had barely eaten any and had only been pulling little bits off. We gladly accepted her donut, I cut off the area she had picked at and then cut the huge donut up into little bites and split it with the kids. It was so yummy. I should’ve taken a picture! Talk about a little magical moment.

The lines were pretty crazy throughout the whole park, it was around 11:30 at this point and we decided to get in line for Haunted Mansion.

48617170918_a85c8e58ba_c.jpg

48617718472_41347f22a9_c.jpg

48617570266_3961388b25_c.jpg

48617214473_aca900a186_c.jpg

48617213038_7d175cb9fe_c.jpg

48617706967_e97664be34_c.jpg

The line took about 45-50 minutes, and it was scorching. The boys weren’t huge fans of HM, they were a little scared. And we got stopped 2 or 3 times during the ride, we got to see the party scene for a few minutes which was really cool to get a chance to look around at all the details.

After HM, we headed back towards Main Street. We got in line to take a picture at the end of Main Street with a photopass photographer, the rain clouds was starting to roll in, we snuck in a quick picture before the biggest rain drops in the world started falling down.

48617554481_e57c77fe9d_c.jpg

48617555481_606f1b044e_c.jpg

48617557291_1e8a3d6ba9_c.jpg

We squeezed in a group photo before running for cover. We headed down Main Street and it was time for our FP to meet Mickey & Minnie.

Continued...

Last edited:
Day 4, Part 2: Mickey & Minnie, I KNOW THEM!

Meeting Mickey & Minnie in their celebration outfits was highly anticipated for the group. Well and meeting Mickey & Minnie together in general for the boys, since this was their first time!

We had a great experience with Ellie from Spanish Fork, UT at Mickey’s. She was so much fun, she had the same birthday as Logan and we had a lot fun chat about birthdays with her.

We were the first ones to head into the room, 11 is a big group after all! And we had plenty of time to take all different photo variations.

48617199988_f449eb80d1_c.jpg

48617201483_ba495007f2_c.jpg

48617557681_585fe4d966_c.jpg

48617205418_9cf14a9333_c.jpg

48617704087_64d283f1ee_c.jpg

48617704827_98d33deebe_c.jpg

48617700197_05cb6e3bea_c.jpg

48617201383_9de9af6a0f_c.jpg

48617562421_2c68baf24a_c.jpg

After Mickey & Minnie, there wasn’t too much to do. We had to head out of the park soon for a reservation and the lines were all so long. We went to Guest Relations so Jill could fix her Magicband. She had purchased a custom Magicband back in April and had trouble linking it. She went to the front desk the night before but then her band didn’t work this morning and she had to wait in line Guest Relations outside the park and get a card pass so she could enter the park.

Julie from St. Louis, MO at Guest Relations was an angel. She helped fix Jill’s bad. She also called over to the restaurant we were having lunch at to inform them Sydney was a vegetarian, she helped add Dad and Sydney to our Fastpasses for the rest of the day. And she help give us advice for our breakfast reservation the next morning. We had a reservation for 10 people, not knowing that Sydney would be joining and hadn’t been able to update it to 11 people. Chris was just going to sit it out so Sydney could go, but Julie said that she felt strongly that they’d be able to accommodate it, just to get there early and be willing to wait in case they need to rearrange things. She was seriously theee best. We loved Julie.

We stopped in the Emporium to kill some time and did some window shopping. Kelly wanted an Ariel Alex and Ani and I was still keeping my eyes peeled in case I saw something I wanted.

The kids picked out some things, Nathan picked some toys that we had sent back to the hotel, and Logan had a meltdown surrounding a lightsaber that lasted the rest of the afternoon. I purchased some mystery pin packs and then we headed out of the park and over to the boat! We were off to Hoop De Doo. It was about 2:30 at this point and we were going to the 4:00pm dinner. In the past we’d run into lines at the boat and we wanted to be early. Well.. I wanted to be early. And we were definitely much earlier than necessary. OOPS!

We had tried to pick up our Hoop De Doo tickets this morning at the front desk, but they couldn’t print them out same day. So that was another reason we were headed there early.

48617669762_8e2f5f32b0_c.jpg

We got off the boat around 2:45. Nathan and Logan and I headed into the playground while everyone else went to the porch in the shade.

48617526346_010dc14fc5_c.jpg

We were very early. We couldn’t pick up the tickets or check in, so I went in the gift shop with the kids to see if we could do any pin trading. It was a bust, and Logan’s melt down from the Emporium ensued again. We headed back to the group and hung out in the shade.

Mom and I went over to the ticket area when it got closer to 3:30pm. We chatted with the girl behind us in line, she was from Turkey and had been doing the ICP and she was leaving in 2 days! Her program had only been 2 months long, which was crazy to me! She was so sweet and lovely to chat with. There was also a group there we chatted with who came every year on this day (August 17th) to commemorate their friend who pass away. Aug 17th was his birthday and Hoop was his favorite.

We finally got checked in and headed into the theater right before 4. GIMME THE CORN BREAD! I was starving.

48617526571_02f56e87eb_c.jpg

We were in category 3, I didn’t love this, but I wasn’t complaining either. It was just different having your back to the stage and turning, but definitely better than having to stand or lean to see over people. Just happy to be there and enjoy the food and the show.

48677250618_4fa8b13129_c.jpg

48677590101_66a0a6f4b3_c.jpg

48677590226_29df31f825_c.jpg

48677587816_9e08e278e7_c.jpg

Everyone loved the show and the food! The kids were so into the show and it was so much fun. Six Bits came up to us for the birthday celebration and we told him it was Jessica and Logan’s twelfth birthday, but that they weren’t twins. And when it was his turn to announce he said “Now I have Jessica and Logan here and they are turning twelve. BUT they’re NOT TWINS! Don’t you dare for one second go thinking they are twins! BECAUSE THEY’RE NOT!” And it was so funny.

They also came over to our table for the “coming from all over” bit, and Jim Handy had a good line about Massachusetts. There were a lot of other people from MA in the theater, too.

After the show, it took a while to regroup and for everyone to use the restrooms. Jessica and I went over to the little outdoor shop and did some pin trading. The cast member there had new Hidden Mickey pins on her board and lanyard that we hadn’t seen before. There was a figment set that Jessica became determined she needed all of them.

When we had been waiting in line for the boat to come to Fort Wilderness I had been opening some mystery pin packs I purchased in the park. For those of you who might not be as pin addicted, mystery packs are sealed very well and hard to open without scissors, for obvious reasons. So it started here that we were all trying to open it when my mom pulled out a pen and the pen was miraculously able to open it and was deemed “the magic pen”. And throughout the rest of the trip when we need to open a pin pack it was “Mimi, I need the magic pen.”

Two of the mystery packs I opened were identical packs to ones I had opened earlier in the week. Bummer!

After pin trading, we headed back to Magic Kingdom. We had more fastpasses for the afternoon and were planning on watching the fireworks later on as well.

On the boat ride back, the majority of the group opted to sit out on the front of the boat while a few of us stay inside the covered area. A little girl came over and asked Nathan if she could trade a pin with him.

48677588226_260a846833_c.jpg

The boat ride back was uneventful. The sky over MK was looking a little crazy, but in a fun eerie gray kind of way. It looked good with all the halloween decorations.

48617539166_31a3c4eb87_c.jpg

48617182888_96313eda57_c.jpg

48617182713_edd9d8bb0b_c.jpg

48617540066_19fd4c2d55_c.jpg

48617540321_ed559e0216_c.jpg

Continued...

Day 4, Part 3: A Magic Kingdom Evening

We headed back in Magic Kingdom and around 7:00pm and took our time moseying back to Fantasyland for our next fastpass. We had a fastpass for SDMT at 7:40 and there wasn’t time to do anything before it so we stopped and got some pictures along the way, and everyone took their chance at pulling the sword from the stone.

48617685907_f14742c087_z.jpg

48617186178_d6af054492_z.jpg

48617544991_747682d61d_z.jpg

We were unsuccessful, but had fun trying. We hung out in the castle wall area and sat while we waited for our fastpass time to arrive.

48677249603_1fcf40c433_z.jpg

Eventually 7:40 rolled around and we hopped in line. It was pretty slow even for a fastpass line. I’m not sure if they were having issues with the ride, or just not efficiently doling out the queue but we ended up standing still and not moving for a good bit of time.

48617170378_6fddd56128_z.jpg

48617227143_11055f3ab5_z.jpg

48617228003_6289010c98_z.jpg

48617583416_f2e3761c16_z.jpg

48617728382_24295f3359_z.jpg

Everybody picked their ride buddies and we were on our way. Such a fun ride! My personal opinion is that it’s too short to stand in a long line for, but I’ll gladly ride when the queue is short or if I have a fastpass.

After the ride, we decided to head to Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor to get in one last attraction before the fireworks. I had looked at the park times about a month in advance and then they ended up changing the hours from closing at 9pm to 10pm. So I was in the headspace that everything would be closed after the fireworks.

Laugh Floor was a hit. One really funny thing we noticed with the boys on this trip was that since it was their first time and they didn’t know what to expect, they’d ride one thing ei. SDMT and want to ride it again immediately after and not really understand that the line was super long so we couldn’t do that, AND that we had other things to go do like Laugh Floor that they would also love and enjoy. So they were a bit pouty and didn’t want to do Laugh Floor the whole time we were walking over an were in line and then they LOVED it and wanted to do that again. And this happened the whole trip, which was just a funny observation.

After Laugh Floor we split up, Kelly and crew decided they wanted to go on Buzz instead of watch the fireworks. So they went and did that while Mom, Jill, Joe, Jessica and I went to stake out a spot for the fireworks. I like to stand in the middle of Main Street by Casey’s, that’s my go-to fireworks spot.

While we were waiting Kelly called saying they just got off Buzz and it dawned on me then that the park WASN’T closing at 9… dummy. I told them they’d have time to ride another ride or watch the fireworks but they probably wouldn’t be able to get to us. Dad had headed out of the park already and Kelly and the kids decided to go on Astro Orbiter.

We stayed put and watched the fireworks. I love Happily Ever After and enjoyed the show so much.

48617197133_d924a925eb_z.jpg

48617192128_70ac552089_z.jpg

48617190803_8b91ffdc74_z.jpg

48617193563_8e77a0cbaf_z.jpg

After the fireworks, Mom, Jessica and I headed out of the park. Jill and Joe decided to stay. When Mom, Jesscia, and I got to the bus line we noticed Dad was a few paces a head of us in line which we thought was so funny since he had left way before us. Jessica was so tired so she went up in line with him and got on the bus before us and headed back. It’s been 4 days of non-stop fun, 4 very long days. And we were all so tired.

Mom, Jessica, and I went right to bed when we got back, Kelly and the kids stayed at the park a little longer and headed back at close, and Jill and Joe headed back later too.

Jill wanted a picture with Main Street empty but I think she gave up after an hour after close. I don’t blame her, it’s hard to wait around for an empty MK.

48617707602_91bd049339_z.jpg

Continued…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!