That was quick!

Louis morrell

DIS Veteran
Called my guide Thursday morning for a add on contract (We were resale only). He said no problem, I would be on his waitlist. He called Friday afternoon about 4pm to tell me he had the contract avaliable. I gave a credit card deposit and we hung up. Today at about 12:30pm I checked and guess what? My zero points balance for 2019 was now in positive territory. Minuets later I had a January reservation. From first contact to points and a reservation about 48 hours. Oh and I giggled out loud in the department store we were shopping in at the time when I saw the blue card on my iPhone. It felt good but the blue card wasn't the point. We needed more points for a large family get together next year and this was easier than looking for and waiting to close on a small resale.

Wow. I know buying Direct is fast, but it always took us at least 5 or 6 days. I have never heard of it being 48 hours!

Wow. I know buying Direct is fast, but it always took us at least 5 or 6 days. I have never heard of it being 48 hours!

Sometimes it’s the same day.

I had the unique experience of buying direct actually taking longer than one of my resale contracts. :rolleyes:

My direct took quite a while for the points to appear and even longer for the blue card to come on,

Disney Vacation Club. This was direct. My guide is Ricardo
Yes, you can use a card for the entire purchase. With a Disney Visa they offer 6 months interest free and reward points. I just placed a down payment on my Disney Visa because I am waiting for my New Disney Premier Visa. It pays 2% rewards. I applied when I first contacted Disney never dreaming points would become avaliable the next day. Ricardo said no problem, just wait until you receive the card and call it in.

Disney Vacation Club. This was direct. My guide is Ricardo
Yes, you can use a card for the entire purchase. With a Disney Visa they offer 6 months interest free and reward points. I just placed a down payment on my Disney Visa because I am waiting for my New Disney Premier Visa. It pays 2% rewards. I applied when I first contacted Disney never dreaming points would become avaliable the next day. Ricardo said no problem, just wait until you receive the card and call it in.

I believe PP was asking which home resort you chose for the contract you purchased. CCV? AKV? Etc.

I purchased at Saratoga Springs as that is where we already owned.

Interesting as were looking to top up our points once our purchase completes, did you have to buy 75 points or was you offered less?, we ideally want only 50 points but think you have to have 75 points.

25 points is the min. add on if you already have a contract. I think you can request any amount above that.

And yes they make it easy to give them money. I am a bit of a tight-wad so it is a little weird for me to be happy about wasting money.

25 points is the min. add on if you already have a contract. I think you can request any amount above that.

And yes they make it easy to give them money. I am a bit of a tight-wad so it is a little weird for me to be happy about wasting money.

Great, i'll be on the phone as soon as the resell is complete.

Yeah, direct is super fast and painless. We called our guide at 12:40 to say we were taking the OKW contract. We got an appointment to close at 4, done by 5, and walked out with points and a blue card screenshot.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts