That's Olaf... Not ET! Jan '17 Mom/Dtr TR COMPLETED 2/1/17

Hello! Just joining in here and I'm kind of going to hold my spot. I left off at the MK day.

Since I've finally just learned how to multi-quote, this is going to take a WHILE! :rotfl2: I'll have to go back and finish another day!

ME I'm Ashlee, 29 year old registered nurse. I work in family medicine at a primacy care office during the day and will be starting my FINAL semester of graduate school on January 26th! I've been studying to be a family nurse practitioner for the last 14 months. After working as an RN for 8 years I decided I wanted more autonomy so that's why I went back to school.

Congratulations on all your hard work! I started as a nurse later in life, as a second career. By the time I graduated with my bachelor's, I already had a baby and really had no desire to go back to school. I think it's wonderful that so many of you young nurses go back for your advanced degrees.

Mom is NOT a city person and this was her first time taking a taxi by herself. She took a taxi from South Station to the hotel we stayed at the night of the 10th, which was only 1.9 miles away. Welll... funny story. She accidentally got into someones car that may or may not have been a cab! Apparently she got into the car and then realized it did not look like a cab, so she attempted to get out of the car, but the driver tried to convince her that he was a cab and wanted to show her proof of this on his phone. But the car was unmarked. I have no idea why she got into the car in the first place. She was able to get out of the 'cab' and get into a marked taxi and make it safely to the Sheraton. We had a good laugh about this... once she was safely in the hotel room.

OMG! That's really scary :eek: SO glad everything worked out okay!

We left Boston about six minutes later than scheduled because people would not sit down. In fact the captain kept coming over the loud speaker literally saying 'You all need to sit down. If you don't sit down in your seats we can't leave on time and we'll miss our departure time!". It was kind of funny... because what the heck were people doing?!

What the heck is wrong with people?? I'd be super annoyed :mad:

DH and I are going back to Disney in May, staying at POR! I'll be starting the PTR soon (in between this TR, work and oh yeah.. .grad school, haha!)

Awesome! You deserve a trip after all that hard work! I'll have to check out that PTR :thumbsup2

Disney Destinations emailed me at 7:36am saying that our room was ready! woo hoo! We were assigned rooms 4360 in Casitas 4. AND this was considered an upgrade, as we booked a standard room and were given a water view!

Upgrade! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Kali River Rapids which is closed for refurb

We love Kali too…that would make us very sad :sad:

he bats were very active, stretching and eating...and peeing!!! At least four of the bats starting urinating. Ew.

Okay…bats are gross and not just because they're bats. Ewwwww :crazy2:

After our wild walks through Asia and Africa, we did some shopping and made our way to the Flights of Wonder. Both Mom and I LOVE this show -

One of the best shows in WDW. We used to walk by it all the time and never went in until I was on an adults only trip with DH in 2013. Then I was like, this is awesome! why would we skip it?? Now we make it part of our plans every time!

We were able to meet "Rafki" himself:

Adorable pic :love:

I took some pretty funny selfies with a goat... or is it a sheep? I have no idea.

Cute :P

Then Mom noticed there was one goat that just kept following her and seemed to be giving her a dirty look :

Hysterical…he is TOTALLY hating your mom :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Dad called us as we got off the ride so we found a spot to sit and say hi to him around the Kusafaii Bakery. I knew Dad had a cold and wasn't feeling well, but all of a sudden hear mom say to him:
"What?! You were in the hospital?! You need to tell Ashlee!"

Automatically my heart sank. Would we have to fly back home? Did he have pneumonia? What is wrong with him?! I almost ripped the phone of Moms hands ;)

Well, Dad drives an 18 wheeler truck filled with logs. He was at work and attempting to take the tarp off the top of his trailer (something he has done multiple times a day for 45+ years). One of the large metal cables snapped and hit him in the face. Dad is not someone that goes to the doctors for every little thing- in fact last year when he had a concussion I had to convince him to STAY in the ER while waiting for his CT results!!

Anyway, Dad drove himself to the ER and he said they glued the cut on his nose. But he said he had two black eyes. Then he said he only called to tell us 'incase the neighbor put something on Facebook'. lol!!

Not what you want to hear when you're on vacation thousands of miles away! Thank God it wasn't anything more serious!

the little girl kept repeating 'Mama- poop. I have to poo poo". At least 10 times! :smooth: Bodily fluids don't bother me and at this point I was so exhausted Mom and I were laughing.

TMI, little girl!

we were both pleasantly surprised to see fireworks from DHS!

That was a serious upgrade! Nice!

As we continued to shop I noticed my right ear was a little sore when I swallowed and all of a sudden I started getting goosebumps and chills. I knew it wasn't the typical warm Florida days we are used to, but I thought it was weird to be cold at 75. I asked Mom if she was cold and she wasn't. I tried not to let her know I wasn't feeling well because I didn't want her to worry. I also have a panic disorder so I started wondering if I was having a panic attack? Although I wasn't nervous... thats the beauty of a panic DISORDER if you panic over nothing. At any time.

I'm sorry this happens to you, but glad it didn't turn out to be worse :lovestruc

Mom and I watched the (? new) Star Wars show and both enjoyed it, but honestly we don't know anything about Star Wars (I know, I know!) so afterwards we were both laughing that neither of us really knew what was going on :hyper2:

Before your next trip you have a homework assignment (in addition to all your other homework, I'm sure!)…watch at least the first three…they are seriously so good! And by the first three, I mean the originals, IV, V and VI. I'm surprised your DH hasn't made you do this already. That's what I get for growing up with a brother who LOVED Star Wars when they first came out, and now my DS and DH both love SW as well. Otherwise, I don't know if I ever would have watched them either. But they are really good, and not just for guys :D

The little girl in front of me (she was about 7) kept standing up to take pictures and therefore blocking my view. A lot. I kept scooting over and trying to see better, which helped. At one point I wanted to nicely ask her mom if she could maybe have her kid sit or move a little but I decided against this because people can be testy and I didn't want to upset anyone. Thoughts? What would you have done?

Super annoying. But I learned my lesson at the Megan Trainor concert this year. I brought my 13 year old DD and a couple of her friends and I politely asked the girls in front of us if they could sit and I caught the wrath of he** from their mothers. They were SO nasty and then the MOTHERS started standing up just to annoy me. It was super fun :sad2::sad2::sad2: and a total waste of a couple hundred bucks that I paid for those tickets. Anyway, I think you were smart not to say anything. I had assumed that all parents would want to teach their children manners and respect, but clearly that is not the case.

Well, Mom had no idea what he was doing so she held up her finger to his stick finger and it looked something like this...

I could totally see my mom doing that! :rotfl:

We got a few pictures and then let others meet Olaf/ET...

So cute! I definitely want to meet Olaf next trip!

I've heard such good things about Boulangerie Patissrie les Halles so we decided to make our way into there and see if they had any dairy free options for Mom. I don't get as hungry as she does so we try really hard to stay on the same "eating schedule" (lol) to avoid one of us being starved and the other not being able to button her pants (first world problems...). Unfortunately the only option for Mom was a baguette... so we decided to leave empty handed. Sad face.

Aw, bummer that they didn't really have anything for your mom. It's my favorite lunch spot in EPCOT!

Fortunately Impressions de France (one of our top 10 must dos!) was going to began in six minutes so we plopped down on a bench inside the entrance and waited to be allowed into the theatre. This show is fabulous - plus we have a lot of French heritage so I always try to compare the people in the film and see if I look like them :goodvibes

I've never seen this either! You're giving me so many great ideas for our next trip!

I'll be back soon to read more! Loving it, so far!

I loved your TR!

There was an older couple sitting a few seats next to us and the husband asked if Mom and I had any... wait for it...

HAND LOTION

he could use?! :earseek:

This made me LOL!:rotfl: What a weird thing to ask for, but I TOTALLY would have given him some! I always have hand lotion on me because I HATE the feeling of dry skin!

Side not: why didn't I think to put any make up on the entire trip? I don't normally look this...um.. TIRED. Seriously, I didn't even blow dry my hair the entire time I was there.... I guess THATS the true definitely of 'letting it all go'.

You still look adorable…you don't even need the make-up. I tell my DD the same thing (but she doesn't believe me :P).

Ye Old Christmas Shoppe was next on our 'to do' list. I love love love Christmas, but for some reason I wasn't really into it that much this time. Maybe its because Christmas was less than a month ago? Or that fact that both of our families drove us nuts around the holidays and at one point I told DH to 'throw out the tree and burn the stockings, I'm DONE!'. Hey... I'm under a lot of stress. No judging. popcorn::

Sounds about right :rotfl2:

Impression of Dole Whip Float: It was good, and definitely something I would make at home on a hot a day. I wouldn't necessarily order this again if i I was cold/it was raining but I had to seize the opportunity.

You seem underwhelmed by it…I do love them on a hot day. They are so refreshing. But they are not my all-time favorite treat in WDW…that would be the Mickey Rice-Krispie treats :love:

I'M A SCAREDY CAT! The first time I worked up the courage to take this plunge (see what I did there?) I was 12 years old. Mom wasn't too excited but wasn't going to let me ride on my own so we got in line. And a girl about my age and her little brother (9 ish) were ahead of us- and the girl was hysterically crying. She told us she had already ridden Splash Mountain earlier in the week and hated it, but her Dad was 'forcing' her to ride again with her brother while he waited at the bottom. So... yeah, I was totally freaking out and didn't enjoy myself at all because I was 100% convinced I would fall out of the log and either die or be brutally injured. (Spoiler- neither happened, lol!). So... no Splash Mountain for me. Ever.

Oh no! I don't think I can even read anymore of your TR…this is blasphemous!

With the sun still shining we made our way into Tomorrowland for the Carousel of Progress. LOVE LOVE LOVE this attraction.

Okay, okay…you've redeemed yourself ever so slightly, but that makes me sad about Splash Mountain :sad: If we could only do one ride, we would choose SM…EVERY TIME! I think you should watch some youtube videos and give it another shot as an adult. Then you can hate it forever…unless you LOVE it!

once we arrived at CSR from MK the previous night we actually stopped into the Gift Shop to use up over left over snack credits... all 8 of them!

Yup…that will be 8 Mickey Rice-Krispie treats for me…and yes, I will hide them all and not share with my kids :rotfl2:

We checked our bags and made our way to the security line which was somewhat long but not awful. It was about 4:40am at this point. I started feeling panic-y while we were in line, as in cold sweats, tunnel vision, and nauseous. I thought for sure I was going to have a panic attack. Honestly my panic disorder is really well controlled otherwise, but when I'm on vacation I usually have at least one attack. Its awful for many reasons, but its not like I was anxious about anything. I don't get nervous flying and I love traveling.

Once we were deep into the security line (as in... there is no way to leave the line other than to wait to go through the metal detectors) I decided to take an anti anxiety pill (hello Ativan! - I go through about 10 of these pills a year... see what I mean by well controlled?) And then the nausea got A LOT worse :scared:. I saw a trash can on the other side of the security rope and I tried to get the attention of the TSA worker to bring the trash can over to me... but he did not hear me. And all of a sudden... I leaned over the security rope and was sick. On the floor. It was the most embarrassing thing to happen to me in a long time! It was all over my hands, on my purse and on my sweater. Mom was shocked because I didn't let her know how I was feeling. She rubbed my back while this was happening and told the people behind us, to just go around me. She's so sweet <3 Then a young TSA worker came over and asked me if I needed medical attention... um, no, I just need a trash can or some paper towels, please?
The TSA worker got me a roll of paper towels and told me I could take them with me... so thoughtful!

OMG…I'm so sorry that happened to you. You must have been mortified. MCO has the WORST security area. There are 10 million people and total chaos. Maybe you should take the Ativan earlier next time, like on your way to the airport?

The woman sitting directly across from me was wearing her little baby and was attempting to get the attention of her husband, Alfredo, who was apparently sitting in the row in front of me in the window seat. I was peacefully napping when I was woke up to this woman, and her baby, STANDING in my row (and ya know how small the leg room is in these seat... so she was basically almost sitting in my lap) and her baby was IN my face. She was hollering for 'Alfredo! Alfredo! Alfredo!'. Well folk, Alfredo had headphones in and CLEARLY couldn't hear her! I woke up to these shenanigans and asked her, 'what do you want?!' at that point she realized how ridiculous she was being and sat back down... ***?!

Yikes, lady. Personal space!

I was EXHAUSTED by the time I got back to my house in Massachusetts, which was around 1pm, so I plopped down on the couch napped for a few hours.

I don't blame you! But it sounds like you had a great trip! I can't wait to do that with my DD when she's older…hopefully she will still want to go with me :-)

Thanks for sharing your trip. I'll see you over on your PTR :-)

Yay I'm so glad you enjoyed the TR!​

This made me LOL!:rotfl: What a weird thing to ask for, but I TOTALLY would have given him some! I always have hand lotion on me because I HATE the feeling of dry skin!

hahahaha it was so funny! I guess I'll be putting lotion into my park bag next months (LOVE that I can say 'next month' lol)

You still look adorable…you don't even need the make-up. I tell my DD the same thing (but she doesn't believe me :P).

awwww you're the best <3 <3

Oh no! I don't think I can even read anymore of your TR…this is blasphemous!

lol!!!!!!

! I think you should watch some youtube videos and give it another shot as an adult
oooh I'm on it!!

Yup…that will be 8 Mickey Rice-Krispie treats for me…and yes, I will hide them all and not share with my kids

YUMMMM!!! I do LOVE a good rice krispie treat..

There are 10 million people and total chaos. Maybe you should take the Ativan earlier next time, like on your way to the airport?

thats a great point! I actually think it has something to do with being with my mom... lol. Each time we've gone away, including when I went to my parents cabin President's day weekend, it happened. I was able to got Jamaica with DH for a wedding I was in and deal with 50 girls I graduated HS with and not have a panic attack... so weird... ok now you can collect your $20 co payment for being a therapist lol!!

I don't blame you! But it sounds like you had a great trip! I can't wait to do that with my DD when she's older…hopefully she will still want to go with me :-)

We had an AMAZING TRIP! Mom even says January is now her favorite time to go and it was one of the best trips yet! I def think she'll want to go with you... I mean after all...

giphy.gif

Thanks for the trip report! I hope I can go on a Mother-Daughters trip with my girls one day!

AHHH so glad you like the TR! You def need to go on a mother/daughters trip!!! I don't even have kids yet but I'm planning on a mom/dtr trip.. I better have girls. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter