MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boats from WL to MK don’t start running until 1/2 hour before park opening. You can, however, take a boat to the Contemporary earlier than that and walk to MK.

We did EMM last year and did catch a bus from WL to MK at about 7 AM. I would have been a little stressed if no bus ever came. I’m not sure if it would be faster to Uber/Lyft or to go take the boat to the Contemporary, honestly.

Does anyone know if we can take a boat from Poly to MK that early? Thanks.

So it looks like the following dates will be EMM dates:

Sunday, 8/19
Tuesday, 8/21
Sunday, 8/26

I’ll update Post #2 later today!

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already in this thread. I haven't been to WDW since EMM was implemented and in my planning, just realized this is something to consider. I have an 8 am BOG booked for two dates in July and just realized that one of them is on one of the July EMM dates. Would there be any negatives in using it on the EMM day (which works better as far as our initial planning goes) as opposed to the non-EMM day? I'd cancel one, if the PPO perk wasn't as beneficial. TIA :)

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already in this thread. I haven't been to WDW since EMM was implemented and in my planning, just realized this is something to consider. I have an 8 am BOG booked for two dates in July and just realized that one of them is on one of the July EMM dates. Would there be any negatives in using it on the EMM day (which works better as far as our initial planning goes) as opposed to the non-EMM day? I'd cancel one, if the PPO perk wasn't as beneficial. TIA :)

With your BOG ADR on the EMM day...

- You are let in the park at the same time as the EMM folks (which is only 200ish people BTW)
- They will let you get in line for rides like 7DMT or PP before 9AM, but they won’t let you on the ride until right at/very close to 9AM when EMM ends (this is perhaps the biggest negative to an EMM morning, without EMM you MAY get a ride or two in)
- However, you will still be among the first people in the regular line and you’re ahead of the rope drop crowd, so that in itself is a big benefit

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.

- You are let in the park at the same time as the EMM folks (which is only 200ish people BTW)
- They will let you get in line for rides like 7DMT or PP before 9AM, but they won’t let you on the ride until right at/very close to 9AM when EMM ends (this is perhaps the biggest negative to an EMM morning, without EMM you MAY get a ride or two in)
- However, you will still be among the first people in the regular line and you’re ahead of the rope drop crowd, so that in itself is a big benefit

Also wanted to add that a (potential) perk of keeping the PPO breakfast on the EMM day is that you 100% know that the park opening time won’t change.

On a non-EMM day, you always run the risk that park hours will change, and sometimes the change is announced pretty close to the day.

Also wanted to add that a (potential) perk of keeping the PPO breakfast on the EMM day is that you 100% know that the park opening time won’t change.

On a non-EMM day, you always run the risk that park hours will change, and sometimes the change is announced pretty close to the day.

Yeah, that’s an excellent point as well!

Hello, my family will be attending on 4/15/18. We are staying offsite and will be driving to the TTC. Is there a recommended time to arrive there? I see the recommendation is to get a ride (Uber/Lyft) to the Contemporary but I don’t think that is an option for offsite visitors. Thanks!!

Hello, my family will be attending on 4/15/18. We are staying offsite and will be driving to the TTC. Is there a recommended time to arrive there? I see the recommendation is to get a ride (Uber/Lyft) to the Contemporary but I don’t think that is an option for offsite visitors. Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure Lyft/Uber CAN drop offsite visitors off at the Contemporary.

@mamamelody2 is correct, anyone can take a taxi/uber/lyft to CR. (ETA, see clarification post below)

I would do that if in your shoes - it takes the “TTC transportation variability” piece out of the whole mix. I’d aim to be being dropped off at CR 7:20-7:25ish.

Tell the driver you’d like to be dropped off right past the security gate - they’ll pull over to the left (sort of in the BLT parking lot). It’ll save you a minute of walking time.

Have fun!

Last edited:
@mamamelody2 is correct, anyone can take a taxi/uber/lyft to CR.

I would do that if in your shoes - it takes the “TTC transportation variability” piece out of the whole mix. I’d aim to be being dropped off at CR 7:20-7:25ish.

Tell the driver you’d like to be dropped off right past the security gate - they’ll pull over to the left (sort of in the BLT parking lot). It’ll save you a minute of walking time.

Have fun!

Thank you both! Just so I am clear, are you suggesting the Uber from TTC to Contemporary? I had thought that suggestion was from an on-site hotel. I’ll have to look into that as 2 of my 3 kids need car seats. But, from what I am reading both the boat and monorail from TTC to MK might not be running? Thanks again!

Thank you both! Just so I am clear, are you suggesting the Uber from TTC to Contemporary? I had thought that suggestion was from an on-site hotel. I’ll have to look into that as 2 of my 3 kids need car seats. But, from what I am reading both the boat and monorail from TTC to MK might not be running? Thanks again!
No, Uber from where you are staying to the Contemporary.

DOH! I totally misread your first post - MY BAD! I missed the “we’re driving to the TTC” part.

So if you’re driving from your off-site hotel to the TTC, your best bet is either the Express Monorail or MK Ferry. Both ‘should’ be running at that hour. If for some reason they aren’t (mechanical delay, weather, etc), they will be directing you to buses from TTC to MK.

The recommendation to be dropped off at CR would apply if you’re taking Uber from your resort, which won’t be the case here.

Sorry about that!

DOH! I totally misread your first post - MY BAD! I missed the “we’re driving to the TTC” part.

So if you’re driving from your off-site hotel to the TTC, your best bet is either the Express Monorail or MK Ferry. Both ‘should’ be running at that hour. If for some reason they aren’t (mechanical delay, weather, etc), they will be directing you to buses from TTC to MK.

The recommendation to be dropped off at CR would apply if you’re taking Uber from your resort, which won’t be the case here.

Sorry about that!
Ok, thanks so much! We are so excited to try this out!

I have a question. I am debating between Tues, August 14 and Wed, August 15 as our early morning MK day with an early ADR at Crystal Palace.

With EMM scheduled for Tuesday now, I am not sure which day would be best for us crowd-wise and getting on rides right after breakfast.

Any opinions would be very much appreciated!

I did not know about EMM during my early stages of planning! We are going to be at MK on April 24th and the EMM sold out. I currently have a PPO BOG ADR, that I would cancel if an EMM spot opens up. Has anyone had been able to book EMM after it sold out? I’m guessing people cancel, is it usually just the day before? I’ve been checking everyday.

I did not know about EMM during my early stages of planning! We are going to be at MK on April 24th and the EMM sold out. I currently have a PPO BOG ADR, that I would cancel if an EMM spot opens up. Has anyone had been able to book EMM after it sold out? I’m guessing people cancel, is it usually just the day before? I’ve been checking everyday.
Yup. People cancel all the time. Just check every day like you have been. :)

We stay offsite. We drive to the TTC, park and ride the monorail to MK at around 7 or a little after. No problem with monorail being open. I was prepared to have to ride the ferry in case monorail wasn't running, but not the case. Don't fret, just remember they have to have a way to get people to MK for early morning EMM and PPO ADR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter