MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a dumb question, but how did you know when rides other then PP, SDMT, and Pooh were open? I've done EMM twice, and as far as I know only the advertised 3 rides were open but I might have just assumed that since that's what I was told. Did you ask someone? I can see that the carrousel could be more obvious since it's very visible, bit I could also see them running it just as pre-opening routine. And IASW wouldn't really be visible, and the teacups are further from the main area. I'll feel kind of silly asking a CM if anything else is open, since the experience is clearly listed as those 3 rides, but I've seen enough reports about those others being open I thought I would ask. We would like to hit anything else that is open once, since we've ridden those 3 so many times and that would let us get more in before trying to decide what to hit right at 9:00.

This is probably a dumb question, but how did you know when rides other then PP, SDMT, and Pooh were open? I've done EMM twice, and as far as I know only the advertised 3 rides were open but I might have just assumed that since that's what I was told. Did you ask someone? I can see that the carrousel could be more obvious since it's very visible, bit I could also see them running it just as pre-opening routine. And IASW wouldn't really be visible, and the teacups are further from the main area. I'll feel kind of silly asking a CM if anything else is open, since the experience is clearly listed as those 3 rides, but I've seen enough reports about those others being open I thought I would ask. We would like to hit anything else that is open once, since we've ridden those 3 so many times and that would let us get more in before trying to decide what to hit right at 9:00.

You can certainly just ask someone that morning. No need to feel silly. You'll never see that person again after your trip.

You can certainly just ask someone that morning. No need to feel silly. You'll never see that person again after your trip.
Or just ask something like, “can you remind me which attractions are open?” I’m sure people ask these questions more often that you’d realize. As soon as I am able, I am going to book this for November; if I weren’t on this board, I would be likely to forget before then!

The two times we’ve done EMM we were greeted by either several managers or CMs as we went into Fantasyland and they told us what was open that morning as we were walking by.

Or just ask something like, “can you remind me which attractions are open?” I’m sure people ask these questions more often that you’d realize. As soon as I am able, I am going to book this for November; if I weren’t on this board, I would be likely to forget before then!

The two times we’ve done EMM we were greeted by either several managers or CMs as we went into Fantasyland and they told us what was open that morning as we were walking by.

Thanks, I guess I can just ask when we are in Fantasyland - I do recall always seeing people standing around with ipads during the event. it just seems like we get there, wait to be let in , and then when we get back to Fantasyland we start riding the rides we know are open and it's like we just jump on a giant slide and before I know it the exclusive time is over. It would be nice if someone did great guests and mention the open rides, particularly if there were any that were atypical. I'll figure it out, or just stick with the 3 that are advertised depending on how it's going.

Has anything past the 20th shown up? Just wondering if this consistent EMM trend is going to continue past Thanksgiving and into December. I'm still crossing my fingers and toes for 12/11!!!!

190 days (180 days + 10 ADR window) from today is Friday, 11/23 (the Friday after Thanksgiving). The next “pattern” EMM date would be Sunday, 11/25. I guess we’ll know on Saturday if it shows up. :-)

You just have to ask. We always check Small World and Teacups. We've gone twice and they have each been open once.

Has anything past the 20th shown up? Just wondering if this consistent EMM trend is going to continue past Thanksgiving and into December. I'm still crossing my fingers and toes for 12/11!!!!

Me too!!!! That's my son's birthday and our MK day. I just assumed it wouldn't be offered. Now hoping it is.

Me too!!!! That's my son's birthday and our MK day. I just assumed it wouldn't be offered. Now hoping it is.

In 2016 the equivalent day was offered. It was the last EMM of 2016 before the holiday hours. So I’m super optimistic given that it was in the past and we have a promising pattern. Happy birthday to your son!! We are going to be celebrating my daughter’s bday while there too- we check in on her bday!!!

I'm also hoping for a 12/11 EMM date. My son's birthday is 12/13 and we are going to be at WDW that week to celebrate. I saw last year they didn't have any December dates so I assumed it was ruled out but so far it's looking like a strong maybe!

Anyone open up 180+10 today and able to put me out of my misery by saying whether EMM is offered 11/25?

You're in luck - 11/25 is available!
Wow! This is great for the pattern. And I’m super surprised that they are offering this the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend (we were there that weekend last year and MK and and MVMCP were super crowded that year). It seems pretty clear that Disney has decided to not extend hours on any MVMCP date which bodes really well for some December EMMs.

I’m also really hoping this continues into December. Keeping fingers crossed for dec 11th.

I’m unsure when these become available to book though. Are they treated like an adr? We are doing a split stay with 3 days at A of a then moving to wilderness lodge on the 11th. Does this mean it would only open up to us to book from 180 days before the 11th dec?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter