MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m also really hoping this continues into December. Keeping fingers crossed for dec 11th.

I’m unsure when these become available to book though. Are they treated like an adr? We are doing a split stay with 3 days at A of a then moving to wilderness lodge on the 11th. Does this mean it would only open up to us to book from 180 days before the 11th dec?

Thanks
Yes, this event is booked the same way that dining is. If Dec 11 is the day you are checking out of AoA and into WL, I think you would be able to book this with your AoA stay, so 180+ whatever your length of stay is at AoA. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Thanks so much for posting the dates! I'm so excited that it is happening this November around Thanksgiving! We can't wait until our 180 +10 opens to book it!

Yes, this event is booked the same way that dining is. If Dec 11 is the day you are checking out of AoA and into WL, I think you would be able to book this with your AoA stay, so 180+ whatever your length of stay is at AoA. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Thanks that's really useful. I think we may struggle to get tickets then even if they become available as although we are onsite 10 days our split is after three nights so it may well be sold out before we get the chance to book

Thanks that's really useful. I think we may struggle to get tickets then even if they become available as although we are onsite 10 days our split is after three nights so it may well be sold out before we get the chance to book

EMM doesn't sell out right away. In all likelihood, you'll be fine whenever your ADR window opens. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

A little late in posting , I was also at the 5/8 EMM. I walked over from the Contemporary - arrived @ 7:15 - checked in and got my band - let in through first holding area @ 7:30 then entered the park close to 7:45. I went straight to PP - rode once then headed to 7Dwarves - rode 8 times in a row then at 9 headed over to Pooh for one ride. I had FP at DHS mid morning so headed to breakfast after Pooh. Breakfast was good - better than I expected.
One note about 7 dwarves - it cleared out after about 8:30 . So, don't stress if you don't head there first - you can still get several in if you wait.

Here's hoping for some dates in December as well. We did this back in March and I'm all for doing it again. *crosses fingers*

I really wish they'd have some December dates for the After Hours version of this but that doesn't seem to be a trend over the past couple years. *shrugs*

Can someone help me choose fast passes for my EMM day. We only have one mk day so we need to make the most of it. I'm hoping to to ride btmr and haunted mansion at rope drop. Eat breakfast, ride some of the fantasyland rides after breakfast. I have a 10:45 space mountain fast pass. I also have fp for around 1 and 2 for potc and jungle cruise. I'm going to move those earlier in the day because I think I'm dropping my lunch adr. Should I make a fp for buzz light year or will that be pretty easy to ride around 11:00? My dd really wants me to schedule a fp for btmr for later in the day, too. Will that be hard to get as a 4th fp?

Our review of 5/15.
Showed up at CSR bus stop at 7:05, bus didn't show up until 7:20, thankfully it was full by the time it got to the 4th bus stop and skipped bus stop #1, made it MK at 7:32. Got through bag check by 7:40. We were able to move close to the front of the waiting area. We were let in shortly after 7:47. Walked super fast to SDMT, they were still running test on the trains when we got there, they sent 2 empty trains and we were on the first train by 7:53. We rode 3 times, the line looked a little long so we decided to head over to PP at 8AM, on the way we stopped to grab a snack, people were already eating breakfast. After PP we headed to Pooh. We were back on SDMT at 8:22 and rode 5 times until 8:55, could have gone once more but decided to head over to ride SM. They held us back until after RD, we saw the SDMT crowd head towards us before they let us go. We were pretty far behind the RD crowd at that point and SM didn't open for another 5 minutes. The PhotoPass time stamp was 9:26. We wanted to ride Tomorrowland Speedway but the wait looked to be able 10-15 minutes and didn't want to risk missing breakfast.
Breakfast was good, can't complain. DD asked for chocolate milk and they brought one out - I don't know why they aren't set out with the rest of the drinks.

We rode SDMT 7 times, PP and Pooh once each. We had a wonderful time and so glad we got to do it. I really wish they would do something similar at the other parks.

Last edited:
Our family is all booked for EMM on Tues 11/13! This will be our third time doing this, and as I've said before, this is our favorite extra ticketed event. So excited!

We did EMM Sunday 5/20. I wanted to share my mixed experience. I parked at TTC at and we were on the platform for the resort monorail by 7:15 (express train was not running this early). We just missed getting on the first train leaving. Waited another 5 minutes for the next train. The real issue came at the Poly stop. The train stopped and maybe 10 people boarded. Then we waited... and waited... and waited. No one else was coming through security but the train stayed in place for 15 minutes!! By the time we left the Poly stop, it was already 7:45! We finally moved and the stop at GF was not very long. I don't know what time we actually arrived because we were trying to hustle back to Fantasyland. My guess would be we walked through the gates around 8am. We immediately got in line for SDMT and there was maybe a 3-4 minute wait. It was raining but not hard. We boarded (1st & 2nd row!) and rode for what we thought would be the first of several rides. When the ride was done and we were waiting to pull into the station, we noticed the train that people just boarded being unloaded and the crew backing an empty train out of service. After about 5 minutes, we were finally pulled up and allowed to unload. We were told the ride was down until further notice (technical problems, not lightening) and our wristbands would be good for the FP+ line until 11am. We proceeded to ride Peter Pan 3 times followed by Winnie the Pooh twice. It was about 8:50am and SDMT was still down so we waited by Princess Hall to meet Rapunzel and Tiana. We were the first ones in at 9am and were heading to Haunted Mansion by 9:10. We rode HM and came back for breakfast, which was very good for a buffet. We did talk to a couple who got stuck on SDMT while on the ride for 25 minutes and they were compensated with 2 multi-experience FP+ each. They did not feel that was enough and I would agree. SDMT did open back up around 10:30/10:45am but we were in Frontierland and decided against trying to run back for another ride. While it was a little disappointing, I would still recommend EMM for the jump it gives you on the rest of your day. If SDMT didn't go down, I would have given the experience a solid "A" But being able to knock out those 3 rides as well as 2-3 others at rope drop before eating breakfast gives you a huge advantage if you want to get a lot done in one MK day. We were there from 8am to 8pm and we rode 27 rides in total (including repeats) and never felt like we were rushing. I would consider doing it again. I was definitely a little angry about the SDMT situation but my kids still love Peter Pan and Pooh and their smiling faces brought me back from the brink of going to guest services.

Anyone else go on 5/20? I'd love to hear how others fared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter