MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased mine last night and they ARE able to be cancelled one day prior. It's not the first time Disney made errors on their web site. I made sure I read through the disclosure before I checked the box and finalized my reservation.

When I go to buy tickets it says it's a nonrefundable, nontranserable event. Up above you said you can cancel 24 hours in advance. Is this something new?

This is from my confirmation e-mail:

Guest Policies
Cancel
- There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.
Restriction / Requirement
- Menu Items, Pricing, and Hours are subject to change without notice.
- Allow up to 1 1/2 (or 1.5) hours to travel to your destination when traveling within WDW property.
-
Guests Check-In beginning at 7:30am at the Main Entrance of Magic Kingdom, by the Far Left Hand Side Turnstiles. Guests will receive a sticker for identification.

At 7:45am Guests are allowed to enter Magic Kingdom. They will make their way to Fantasyland where they will be free to enjoy Peter Pan’s Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

There will be Walt Disney World Resort Transportation for Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels available for this early morning event, beginning approximately 1 ½ hour prior to check-in.

-
This experience will go on rain or shine; some attraction experiences may be modified due to inclement weather

- Large Parties Can Be Accommodated
-
This Experience does not accept ANY Magic Your Way dining entitlements

General Condition
-
Theme Park admission is required for this event and is not included in the event price.

This is from my confirmation e-mail:

Guest Policies
Cancel
- There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.
Restriction / Requirement
- Menu Items, Pricing, and Hours are subject to change without notice.
- Allow up to 1 1/2 (or 1.5) hours to travel to your destination when traveling within WDW property.
-
Guests Check-In beginning at 7:30am at the Main Entrance of Magic Kingdom, by the Far Left Hand Side Turnstiles. Guests will receive a sticker for identification.

At 7:45am Guests are allowed to enter Magic Kingdom. They will make their way to Fantasyland where they will be free to enjoy Peter Pan’s Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

There will be Walt Disney World Resort Transportation for Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels available for this early morning event, beginning approximately 1 ½ hour prior to check-in.

-
This experience will go on rain or shine; some attraction experiences may be modified due to inclement weather

- Large Parties Can Be Accommodated
-
This Experience does not accept ANY Magic Your Way dining entitlements

General Condition
-
Theme Park admission is required for this event and is not included in the event price.

Ok if I go all the way to right before the reserve button it does say a 1 day cancellation policy. Thanks!

Great info! Do they ever add extra dates? It’s not available at all during our March/April trip. I know it's Easter and spring break but is there any hope?

I’ll echo what @kmc8826 said, they don’t ‘typically’ add extra dates later on. Anything is possible of course, but that hasn’t been the norm, generally speaking. :-)

When I go to buy tickets it says it's a nonrefundable, nontranserable event. Up above you said you can cancel 24 hours in advance. Is this something new?

I purchased mine last night and they ARE able to be cancelled one day prior. It's not the first time Disney made errors on their web site. I made sure I read through the disclosure before I checked the box and finalized my reservation.

Yeah, @AntJulie is exactly correct. I probably need to add that note to page 1 as it is confusing. :thumbsup2

Having done (and loved!) EMM last February, I've cancelled my Crystal Palace ADR and booked EMM again instead, for 1/21!

With a not-quite-two-year-old, the ability to ride Winnie the Pooh as much as we want is a huge draw - last year they literally let us go again without even getting out and going through the queue! We hadn't planned to ride SDMT at all, but will gladly jump on a couple of times given the chance.

Honestly, one of the biggest draws for us is the opportunity for th mmagical almost-empty park photos that we missed last time by not having Memory Maker (which we have booked for this trip).

As I said, this is in lieu of our Crystal Palace late breakfast reservation. We're basically paying $30 more per person for some amazing photos and an hour of park magic. We'll miss out on the character experience at CP, but can meet Pooh and Tigger in Fantasyland instead.

Very excited to have another chance at EMM!

I have asked this other places but kinds worried about it so will ask again...we are staying offsite so what time can we arrive at MK to park and get to MK? We are going Jan. 9th.

I have asked this other places but kinds worried about it so will ask again...we are staying offsite so what time can we arrive at MK to park and get to MK? We are going Jan. 9th.

When I did it last February, I drove in around 7:00. They weren't manning parking booths or lots yet really - I just drove in and parked right up front in the preferred lot. Took the monorail from TTC to the main gate, and we were there by 7:20, in plenty of time to get checked in before the 7:45 open!

We’ll be at the January 16 EMM! We stumbled onto it for our only other WDW trip last January. It was a true highlight of the trip. We loved being in a nearly empty park and riding SDMT over and over. The breakfast was also better than we expected.

So it looks no new EMM dates are popping up past 5/22 at the moment, either on the EMM page or the MK park calender. 180 puts us through 6/4 as of today. This tends to make sense given the Memorial Day weekend (Memorial Day is 5/28 this year), the type of holiday weekend where you don’t typically see EMM dates.

I’m wondering if we’ll see the same June EMM pattern in 2018 as we saw in 2017, which had only three EMM dates (6/11, 6/18, and 6/25, all Sundays).

I guess we’ll see!

I can't believe I completely stumbled into this when making reservations - I had no idea it existed and am only now coming to read about it after booking because it sounded amazing! Signed up for 3/25 and am SO EXCITED not to have to do the rope drop haul to ride 7DMT again. :)

I can't believe I completely stumbled into this when making reservations - I had no idea it existed and am only now coming to read about it after booking because it sounded amazing! Signed up for 3/25 and am SO EXCITED not to have to do the rope drop haul to ride 7DMT again. :)

And this time you can ride as many times as you want! Have fun. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Loved this on Sept. 3rd of this year! Arrived late at 7:20ish because I woke up with a migraine, but was still able to get in 7 rides on 7DMT, 2 each on PP and Pooh before opening. We did a few rides on Barnstorming then hit up breakfast. I think we even squeezed the carousel in their somewhere!

I'll be there with my framily on 2/20 for EMM! It's actually my very first trip to Florida/WDW (I live in California and frequent DLR), so I thought it would be a good way to meet MK. Unfortunately, we only have 2 park days (one each at MK & AK) as we're doing other things around Orlando, so I want to make the most of my one and only MK day. Seemed like a bonus to pay a little more than standard for breakfast, get an early start and knock out one of the ADR's I'd be trying to secure for a group of 12.

I read a really great review for it on easywdw which pushed me to commit. I can't wait to experience it! I've been dreaming of seeing that castle in person for way too long now :worship:

While the breakfast does end at 10AM, in my experience they don’t immediately clear the items or kick you our of Pinocchio Village Haus… so you have a bit of flexibility here. Although that doesn’t mean you can show up at 10:15AM and expect to be fed.

VERY informative post and a great resource for anyone considering booking EMM. This one sentence above made me smile because this past August we got stuck on Splash and arrived at the breakfast right around 10:15. We almost didn’t bother because we figured they would tell us to go pound sand, but the CMs were incredibly gracious, welcomed us in and didn’t make us feel rushed at all. Obviously, one should NOT count on this as a strategy. I’m quite aware that we just got lucky.

A couple thoughts....First, I love EMM. I have posted several things on the Disboards in the past recounting my experience. I just can't say enough good things about it. I have a little tidbit, that although not official, I believe to be correct. Last year when we were trying to get tickets for a particular date, we waited too long and it sold out. We realized 1 ticket was available, but not the 4 we needed. After talking to a customer service rep, she let it slip that the date we were looking at was at 199 people so only 1 more ticket could be sold. So you are correct in the number...it is 200 people. And there is no going over that number, even by a couple tickets! She was unable to sell us 4 tickets and bump the number up to a total of 203 tickets.
I was so sad to see that this year on our week, the week after Thanksgiving, there were no dates for EMM. So sad! It was one of our favorite experiences and worth every penny for us! To be able to ride 7DMT 10 times and not be in the insane rope drop drama...priceless. We go every other year, so this is not our year...certainly hoping they bring it back for November and December on the quieter weeks...of course not Thanksgiving or Christmas week. Perplexed as to why they would not do it the 3 weeks after Thanksgiving as they are one if the best times to hit WDW as far as crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter