MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have EMM booked for our August trip. I linked my confirmation number to MDE. Is that all that I have to do? Do we just scan our magic bands when we check in and receive our wristbands that day? Thanks.

I have EMM booked for our August trip. I linked my confirmation number to MDE. Is that all that I have to do? Do we just scan our magic bands when we check in and receive our wristbands that day? Thanks.
That's all you have to do. They ask for your name at the event and look it up. I think they also check your MB but I'm 100% certain on that.

We never received wristbands at check-in, so make sure they give them to you. The guy gave me a paper map of Fantasyland. A Manager gave us the wristbands after we rode 7DMT twice. Didn't want to lose time on the rides for something that was their fault not ours.

That's all you have to do. They ask for your name at the event and look it up. I think they also check your MB but I'm 100% certain on that.

We never received wristbands at check-in, so make sure they give them to you. The guy gave me a paper map of Fantasyland. A Manager gave us the wristbands after we rode 7DMT twice. Didn't want to lose time on the rides for something that was their fault not ours.

Thanks so much for the helpful replies!

I know you stay at the Poly frequently. Have you ever had to take a Minnie Van vs. monorail to EMM due to the time the monorail is running? We are down to 7 weeks for our trip so I'm at the point of overthinking and back-up planning EVERYTHING lol! I just want to have a plan in place if needed to get to EMM on time.

We have been there several days recently for PPO breakfasts (which get let in at 745 on EMM days). We stay offsite and park at the TTC (one of the first cars in the parking lot at 7am...think Chevy Chase pulling up at Wally World!!!)

The security at the TTC usually opens at 7:00, and the first resort monorail is usually there near 7am, getting you to the MK by 7:15am--plenty of time to get in line for EMM. In my experience, the express monorail is never open at the 7 am hour

Believe me, Einsteins theory of relativity is proven every morning at the MK. Time literally almost grinds to a stop as you wait for the minutes to tick off until 7:45am

Formula: Time dilation (slowing/warping of time) = days since your last trip x each degree over 85F x number of kids in your party x numbers of grandparents in your party

Just keep checking. People do cancel. I've had luck with booking after cancellations and many others in this thread/board have as well.

You may want to book piecemeal as cancellations pop up. What I mean by that is if only 2 cancellations pop up, book those 2 right away, then keep checking for the remaining 2 people. You can always cancel.

Booked for two this morning, just need another pair to pop up, or else I'll have one happy child and one disappointed one.

Booked for two this morning, just need another pair to pop up, or else I'll have one happy child and one disappointed one.
Or you could cancel your booking up until the day of if you can't find 2, and your kids will be none the wiser. :)

I noticed that 7DMT was down during EMM this morning. Do they compensate for it being down? The carrousel was open, but that doesn’t make up for mine train.

I noticed that 7DMT was down during EMM this morning. Do they compensate for it being down? The carrousel was open, but that doesn’t make up for mine train.

I have heard that they offer EMM guests unlimited FP+ access until noon or so on the ride when one of the headliners is unavailble during EMM. Perhaps someone on here who has experienced this can weigh in with their direct knowledge; mine is hearsay.

The common practice is to allow EMM folks unlimited use of the FP line through noon. They show their wrist band and are let in. Some people are fine with that, some people aren't. Those that aren't should likely visit guest relations to discuss.

We had a partial 7DMT closure during EMM awhile ago. The use of the FP line worked great because we were going to be 'around' MK/Fantasyland that morning anyway, but it's not always a great make-up for those that have other plans.

The common practice is to allow EMM folks unlimited use of the FP line through noon. They show their wrist band and are let in. Some people are fine with that, some people aren't. Those that aren't should likely visit guest relations to discuss.

We had a partial 7DMT closure during EMM awhile ago. The use of the FP line worked great because we were going to be 'around' MK/Fantasyland that morning anyway, but it's not always a great make-up for those that have other plans.

I get that Disney is trying to accommodate and do what they can if 7DMT is down during EMM, but I'd still be upset with that offer. Paying $70 per person for breakfast and 3 rides when the biggest (IMO) draw of the three attraction goes down, I'd probably end up at guest relations. Hopefully, won't be an issue when we are there!

I get that Disney is trying to accommodate and do what they can if 7DMT is down during EMM, but I'd still be upset with that offer. Paying $70 per person for breakfast and 3 rides when the biggest (IMO) draw of the three attraction goes down, I'd probably end up at guest relations. Hopefully, won't be an issue when we are there!
I hope someone that was there today reports back.

I hope someone that was there today reports back.
I was there this morning and wouldn't do EMM again. We rode 7DMT once before it went down, PP twice and Pooh once. Totally not worth the price. There also seemed to be more people than the estimates of 200ish. There is not much on my vacation that I put a price tag on, but EMM was one. I went to guest relations and got ONE stinking FP for 7DMT for the rest of the day. Not letting it ruin my day, but definitely not magical.

I was there this morning and wouldn't do EMM again. We rode 7DMT once before it went down, PP twice and Pooh once. Totally not worth the price. There also seemed to be more people than the estimates of 200ish. There is not much on my vacation that I put a price tag on, but EMM was one. I went to guest relations and got ONE stinking FP for 7DMT for the rest of the day. Not letting it ruin my day, but definitely not magical.

Did the other 2 rides go down, too?

That is horrible. I'm sorry, that sounds like a waste of money.

Did the other 2 rides go down, too?
No, they were fine. It was just really underwhelming. I read posts of people riding 7DMT like 5 times back to back and I was disappointed. And then it was down until about 10 and yet our wristbands were only good til noon. I couldnt rearrange my whole day and we missed going back.
I think if all the rides are working, it would be awesome. It just wasn't our day. But we totally had a blast still!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter