The 10 Day Countdown Begins, Haven't Been Since 2004....

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
when my son was in 8th grade,( he didn't want to go in high school after going to DW on our family trips every year since he was 5). I was shocked at the time, now I'm happy to see him in his adult life get his senses back, lol. He's now 31 and has a wife and our 3 grandchildren, All boys 5, 2 and the youngest will turn 1 in Disney World!
My son started liking Disney again when lived in Japan for 3 years and went to Tokyo Disney with his now wife, my DIL loves Disney as much as I do! They spent their honeymoon at Disney World for 8 days. Now they started a new tradition last year inviting my new husband of 2 years (whom the grand children call OPA, and love him to death), and I for a family Disney Trip once a year.
We are all Disney Lovers to the fullest, we have not however figured out if my new DH really loves it as much as we do. This will be his first trip to Disney World and Florida, he's a Californian, with no children. He says he skipped the hard part of actually having to raise the son and reaps the benefits of the grandchildren, which by the way we only see once, twice, or at most 3 times a year. We live in different States. I'm always super excited to see them and cry when I leave them. I always dreamed of going to Disney with grandchildren. Last year we all went to DL together for a week in February (parks were not crowded at all due to the rain that was predicted (they cancelled our flight, so DH and I drove 10 hours to Anaheim ( I was not about to miss our first Disney Tradition Trip). The rain stopped once we got there), our oldest grandson turned 4 there. It was a great kickoff to our new Disney Family Vacation.

Travelers:
Me, 55,I've been going to Disney since they opened when I was a child, we had a vacation house in Florida.
DH, soon to be 55, Born in Germany, hes been living in California since he was 4, hates to fly so we fly first class to take the edge off. First time to DW, hes been to DL maybe 3 times his entire life, what is wrong with him? lol
DS, 31 lives in Austin with his family,(his company moved him there from California over 3 years ago), with his wife that came here with him from Japan 6 years ago when he was finishing up grad school at Stanford. Moving to Austin was the best move for them, although I miss them.
DDIL 31 A fantastic, very organized Mother of my 3 grandsons who are the most behaved children just like my son used to be when he was young. They are well traveled & enjoy long TS meals and just the interaction of eating together. It's nice to see, and they love when we come with a suitcase of presents, which I have sitting by my door right now!

Getting back to DH, he really doesn't like crowds or heat, so I'm hoping for the best this trip. I hope he survives. I planned for the two of us to stay at POR for 2 nights before we go meet the family at Melia Oralando Suites at Celebration (with full kitchens).. DIL chose this because she likes to cook food for the boys snacks to bring into the parks. We all have a ton of allergies, between the 7 of us, seafood, milk, eggs, gluten/wheat, oats, barley, peanuts, tree nuts, and we all carry epi pens because they are severe. This is why we plan TS meals, we talk to the chef. In DL last year they made some fantastic meals for all of us. The chefs didn't seem overwhelmed at all being bombarded with a list of allergies that long for one table. They are the greatest and the only place we actually go out to eat together and trust is Disney,otherwise we cook.
While we are staying at POR, DH and I will go to Biergarten in Epcot, I thought it would be a nice meal to start our vacation, may remind him of his family in Germany. Then we will tour the World Showcase together, and maybe Yeeha Bob at 10:30 if we are back in time. I'm sure we will be doing future world later in the week with the family. Any other suggestions for the two of us are welcomed!
I also booked one night at Yacht Club for DH and I with a nice dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, maybe Jellyrolls if not to tired with a late flight out the next evening. This way he can unwind before flying back to California.

That about sums it up, Ive asked a gazillion questions on here, just about every panic question that has popped into my head about MB, DME, Transportation, tickets, and the list goes on. Thank You all for your patients with me...wish me luck!

PS...my must do's are Carousel of Progress, Haunted Mansion, Tinkerbells flight and WinterSummerland Mini Golf.
My goals are to keep hydrated, (I have a serous problem with this and have to drink more water than the average person). And most importantly to try to live in the moment and enjoy every minute with my family, and laugh a lot, which shouldn't be a problem since DH and I are the silliest people on earth!

Enjoy your time together...I look forward to visiting with grandchildren, one day, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter