The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of questions 1) what are the crowds at SAB going to be like Sept 13-18th?(general guess would be helpful) 2)we have booked a standard view room, is it worth it to upgrade to a waterview - I do not think we will be spending too much time in our room?

I see TeenaS responded but I would like to second her suggestion that since you said you aren't planning on spending any significant time in the room, don't waste the money to upgrade or worry about the view. Stay with standard and spend the money you save on something special like dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Got bored this morning so I got caught up on the pages I haven't seen (miss a day miss a lot:goodvibes). Thanks for the lobby pictures, now where are the DIS meet pictures?

Happy travels to all leaving soon this week and next. Hope your travels are safe and uneventful and the stay at BC/YC is spectacular.

We are staying at the BC CL in mid Dec. (can't wait, first time staying at the BC!) I just found out that McDonalds in Downtown Disney closed. My son has autism and without elaborating, this is a huge problem for us. We only use Disney transportation so driving to the the one near the ASR will not be an option.
I posted in the dining section and a couple of people suggested I contact guest relations. Is that the main number? Is there someone (Title) I should speak with?
Reposting - hoping someone will answer????

We are staying at the BC CL in mid Dec. (can't wait, first time staying at the BC!) I just found out that McDonalds in Downtown Disney closed. My son has autism and without elaborating, this is a huge problem for us. We only use Disney transportation so driving to the the one near the ASR will not be an option.
I posted in the dining section and a couple of people suggested I contact guest relations. Is that the main number? Is there someone (Title) I should speak with?

Reposting - hoping someone will answer????

You can send an email to guest relations; I don't know of a phone number, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I don't know what they could do for you.

If this is a major deal what about taking a cab to the McDonald's on property?

Isn't there a small McDonalds booth in World Showcase? It's near the walkway where World Showcase and Epcot meet. Someone else remember this?

BC/YC August DISers:

dreamflight'slulu: YC CL 8/10-8/17
jjtmom: YC CL 8/11-8/13
cyndisun: YC CL 8/12-8/17
EllieBelle: BC 8/13-8/15
WDW4us2006: BC 8/14-8/19
eandesmom: YC 8/14-8/19 (WL 8/11-8/14)
Manda: BC 8/14-8/22
Echo queen: BC 8/15-8/22
punkin712: YC 8/16-8/23
KFJames: YC 08/16-08/26
scooterpej: YC 8/18-8/23
KerryCM: YC CL 8/18-8/24
Big Daddy Incredible: YC 8/18-8/27
WeCantWait: BC 8/18-28
goodferry: BC 8/20-8/22
cburek: YC 8/19-8/22
Beth A: YC CL 8/20-8/24
ddluvsdisney: BC CL 8/20-8/27
DrMomof3: BCV 8/21-8/28
TinkermomX2: BC 8/21-8/28
LouiseUK: YC 8/22-?
jackal: BC 8/22-?
DisneyJen1969: YC CL 8/23-8/28
Kelly in NY: BC CL 8/24-8/26 (POR 8/17-8/24)
lucas: BC CL 8/26-8/29 (POP 8/25) (pin event 8/27-8/29)
dawnbu40: BC 8/29-9/5 (pin event 8/29)

I meant to include the link to the little slide at SAB!

http://allears.net/acc/bc10.jpg

Again, it looks tame when the water isn't running, but it's not - and it's really fun - our pre-teens spent way more time here than on the big slide (and they LOVE the big slide) because they were having so much fun with their little brother! They would slide with him several times (they took turns going down the slide after him and catching him at the bottom of the slide) then they could run up and go down the big slide and join us again.

I feel like this is such a great option at SAB - and so often overlooked - that we should have a FAQ about the little slide or something! I just hate when people reject BC because they think there isn't enough for little kids.

Between this area and the whole zero entry "quiet lagoon area," it's just perfect! For anyone else looking at this, I'm also posting a photo of the quiet lagoon: http://allears.net/acc/sab12.jpg

Thank you, these look awesome! :yay: I'm sure dd4 and ds1 will have plenty to keep them occupied for our 4 day stay, only 22 days to go! :dance3:

Hello everyone!

Wow what a great thread - I have been pouring over it the past couple of days. I am so indecisive when it comes to where to stay. We originally booked at Pop, then I changed it to AKL - then I thought about what we wanted to do and realized that bus transportation only just wasn't going to cut it so I wanted to change our reservation.

I have stayed at the Pop, BWI, CR, and GF. I thought it might be time to go back to the Epcot resorts and decided to try something new so I just changed our res one last time to the Beach Club. Based on all the great things I have read on this board I am SUPER excited!

I have a couple of questions 1) what are the crowds at SAB going to be like Sept 13-18th?(general guess would be helpful) 2)we have booked a standard view room, is it worth it to upgrade to a waterview - I do not think we will be spending too much time in our room? and I gues finally, What are your favorite things to do at the BC?

I am of course grateful for any advice/help.

Cheers to all! :)

we will be at BC the same times (9/11-19th). I have my lime green mickey with screen name ready for my bag so if you see me please say hi.

Teena - you really are the BEST! Thanks so much & thanks for locating that other post too. Your answers are so detailed. I really appreciate it!

So correct me if I am wrong as I have never stayed at BC before, but my guess is that the rooms X557 are far from the lobby & far from the lounge as well? X691 are closer to the lobby & the lounge? Does that seem accurate? (for some reason I am thinking that the lounge is on the 5th floor, but close to the lobby end?)

The X557 overlook the quiet pool, this end of BC is closer to Epcot. These rooms are a not that close to lobby / main elevator you will take to get to the 5th floor lounge.

Room 4557 does have a wonderful full double sized balcony. You can also see the very high Illuminations fireworks from this room.

The X691 rooms are located "over" Cape May Cafe, overlooking back entrance to BC - Crescent Lake Side. Yes, these are a little closer to lobby.

Hope this helps - the extra space of the deluxe rooms is great!

Thank you for the lobby pics!!!

Wow this thread is really moving fast.

Welcome back to all just returning.

And :wizard: to those getting ready to go !!!

Adding my thanks for the lobby pics. Looks so warm and inviting. Can't wait to see it in person.

HockeyMomR, this thread flies, doesn't it? I think we're past due for a new FAQ. Perhaps someone will start a new one? :surfweb: :worship:

Teena - you really are the BEST! Thanks so much & thanks for locating that other post too. Your answers are so detailed. I really appreciate it!

So correct me if I am wrong as I have never stayed at BC before, but my guess is that the rooms X557 are far from the lobby & far from the lounge as well? X691 are closer to the lobby & the lounge? Does that seem accurate? (for some reason I am thinking that the lounge is on the 5th floor, but close to the lobby end?)

The lounge is right off the elevators on the fifth floor (the elevators are next to the lobby on the first floor). All the deluxe rooms are a distance from these elevators. Yes, X691 are a closer to the elevators but still a hike. The X691 rooms are near SAB and the X557 are near the quiet pool, thus much closer to Epcot.

Question on room requests - do you do it when you do online check in or do you call and make your request(s)?

Make sure your room requests are added to your reservation when you make the reservation or if you already have your reservation, call back and make sure it is added to your reservation!

You should call and add it to your reservation now. I requested a full balcony, since I wanted a place to go early in the morning with my coffee. I followed up about a week before check-in to make sure it was still on my reservation.

I did not do on-line check-in. I wanted the opportunity to try to change the room if it did not have the full balcony. The on-line check-in is designed to pick up your key and go. If there is any possibility you may want to change your room, it is probably best to wait until you get to the resort to check-in.

Absolutely explained perfectly!! Follow this advice!

OK, I now have my full schedule up until I leave to go out and help Jeanne in school.

My hours are 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. I normally take a short lunch break at 12:45 (20-25 minutes) and then a short snack break at 4:00 PM. I normally walk out of the lobby and into the back office around 5:45 PM. If I'm not there, I'm helping a guest or running into the back to print a boarding pass or something so hang around.

Working:
8/12, 8/13, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 8/21, 8/22 and 8/23.

Really looking forward to meeting lots of disboarders. Let me know if you schedule a meet on any of these days. I could do them any day but 8/23 ... gotta rush home and pack and get up at 4 AM the next day to get to the airport.

Isn't there a small McDonalds booth in World Showcase? It's near the walkway where World Showcase and Epcot meet. Someone else remember this?

There used to be McDonald's (at least the fries) available at the Refreshment Port as you enter WS from Future World, but I believe it no longer has McDonald's food. It's my understanding that McD pulled out of all the locations except the solo store by All Stars.
I hope you can find a solution.

Normally September isn't real crowded. However, with the free dining, I have no idea what to expect. Just remember, at SAB you cannot get into that pool unless you are staying at the BC, YC or BCV and they have really cracked down on guests even trying to get "friends" or "relatives" that are visiting them into SAB. Now every single person entering SAB must show a key that says they are staying at our resorts.

If you don't think you'll be in your room for anything other than sleeping, showering, etc., I certainly would not pay for a better view. I'd take the money and get a massage or treat yourself to something special. That's just my opinion. There are plenty of people that sit on the balcony and love to look out at the view. My family usually has the drapes closed because we are changing clothes, showering or sleeping so the view doesn't matter.

Thank-you Teena! You really go above an beyond to help everyone out on this thread! :worship: Hope I get to meet you when we are at the BC. I really can't wait! I think we will stick with the standard view for this visit but next time who knows!

Thanks again :banana:

There used to be McDonald's (at least the fries) available at the Refreshment Port as you enter WS from Future World, but I believe it no longer has McDonald's food. It's my understanding that McD pulled out of all the locations except the solo store by All Stars.
I hope you can find a solution.

I'm not sure what McDonald has that the resorts and parks don't have. If it's a food issue, if you talk to any of the chefs at the restaurants - even the quick service/counter service places, they go out of their way to help with any food issues that your child might have.

I see TeenaS responded but I would like to second her suggestion that since you said you aren't planning on spending any significant time in the room, don't waste the money to upgrade or worry about the view. Stay with standard and spend the money you save on something special like dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Thank you for the advice! We talked about our room view this morning and decided on that exactly. We really feel the money is better spent elsewhere, at least in our case.
What has me stuck is some of the pictures of Crescent Lake especially in the evening look so enchanting! Maybe next time around. I actually booked us in for Yactsman Steakhouse last night - we were able to get an ADR for our last evening which will make it a perfect ending to our vacation! I think it will be money well spent.

I can't get over how helpful everyone on this board is! Thank-you all!:lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter