Good outlet for the pre-trip waiting :thumbsup2

The cast
Myself - Erin (2nd visit)
DH - Jesse (first visit)
DS9 - Emery (first visit)
DS6 - Aidan (first visit)
DD4 - Violet (2nd visit)

History
Violet and I went to DLR for the first time last fall. We only went for 2 days and basically followed our friend around since we didn't know anything about DLR. Since we were only there for such a short time I felt like we only got a "taste" of the parks and am ready for the main course. I would like to check out some of the restaurants this time.

Trip Plans
We leave Seattle on Saturday April 5th. We are travel via Amtrak to LA Union Station. The trip takes 35 hours so we will not arrive until Sunday April 6th at 9pm. Why travel by train? Couple reasons...DS6 loves trains and thought this would be fun for him (and hopefully us) and I really hate flying. We have a family suite and are looking forward to the extra perks that gives us.

We have a Premium room booked at the CCI. I have heard so many great things that I am looking forward to our stay. DH said I could book into a DLR Hotel but I decided I would rather be a "big fish" in a small pond than the other way around. Plus there was a $1000 difference in the cost (we are not AP Holders).

I purchased our park hopper passes from GAT. I saved $20 on the purchase by using a promo code and paying via echeck. They came with laynards and pins, I wasn't expecting that.

We will spend April 7 -11th at the DLR. I have us scheduled for a VIP tour the first morning we are there. I hope to use that to get PS for some of the entertainment. I purchased RideMax and will use that to plan most days (a schedule helps us). We have plans to do 2 character meals - Ariel's Grotto (just DD4 & I) and Goofy's kitchen for dinner. I haven't figured out where else to eat at the parks yet.

On Sat April 12th we have a car rental and are going to head to Legoland for the day. I find it odd that it is only open from 10am-5pm. I bought the tickets from Costco (the best price I found) but was bugged by the $10 shipping charge.

We leave Sunday April 13th via Virgin Atlantic (yes flying) from LAX to Sea-Tac and will probably be walking in our front door by noon :)

I will update more as we get closer and (of course) after. Now if I just knew how to post pictures.:laundy:

Can't help with the pics as I haven't done that yet myself, but your plans sound good.

I'm sure you'll have a good train trip. Can't wait to hear the post-trip report.

Update....

The Coast Starlight is not running so we are flying into LAX on 4/5 and staying an extra night at CCI. Then on Sunday we will just hang out or go see some sights.

. Now if I just knew how to post pictures.:laundy:

Hi. I hope you have a GREAT Time!!! :wizard:

To post pictures you just need to upload them to photobucket.com or other free pic sharing site. Then just post the IMG link they provide you.
I hope this makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter