The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

I really miss being able to go the park even if it's just for lunch or shopping. šŸ˜¢

I bet you and Fran are going thru serious withdrawal... Me, I'm lucky if I get to Disney every other year, but you and Fran live so close, not being able to go to your favorite store or favorite restaurant has got to be hard!!! Hopefully things will start opening up soon... I live in Iowa and 77 of the 99 counties are open... But the other 22 are still closed... I live in one of the closed counties...

At least you still can relive your Disney trips writing this TR and I can get my Disney fix by reading it...

So you remember we were trying to not make a lot of plans on this trip

Hard to do Disney without plans these days.

Normally Fran would say, OK, Iā€™ll sleep until then, but for this day she actually said, ā€œLetā€™s do rope drop at MK!ā€

:eek::faint:

Our bus driver could have been a Jungle Cruise skipper as he was full of humorous tips for us travelers.

Nice. Those are my favorite bus drivers.

Also I don't ride Space and BTMRR in this park. The DL versions are so much superior and I ride those when I like (well I used to be able to), so I donā€™t have to do those here.

I would agree the DL versions are better, but I still wouldn't be able to pass up riding them.

Obligatory Castle shot. Donā€™t crowds like this give you the heebie jeebies now?

I'm just hoping we get back to the days when I get annoyed with crowds just for making the lines longer.

I've either never been on this ride at WDW, or it's been a long long time, but this ride is far superior to the DL version. I don't say that often!

:eek: Alison? Is that you?

Our skipper was hilarious. He scared off the hippos, not with a gun, but the same way he scared off his ex-girlfriend. He hollered, "I love you!......Would you like to meet my mother?.....We should get a puppy together!"

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

The Carousel of Progress, it's been years since we've done this one.

Me too. :rolleyes1

Everyone loved the idea of visiting "the chocolate place!" aka Toothsomeā€™s Chocolate Emporium.

Funny that you and Liesa were writing about it at the same time.

And here is looks like she is *itch slapping him.

:scared1:

He wholeheartedly congratulated her for being the first person to give him a response. He said that everyone else just sat there dumbfounded and gave him blank stares.

Hey, nice work Fran!

Despite our efforts not to overeat, we still did, and ended up waddling our way out of Citywalk.

Hard not to overeat at that place.

And no, not in the way that @Captain_Oblivious knows Taco Bell, the other end.

Well, thank goodness for that.

I took a couple gerd pills and laid down as the Oscars started. Next thing I know they're on the final three awards, Fran is completely asleep and I'm wondering what I missed. Oh well. I didn't see any of those movies anyways. Maybe on Netflix.

The good movies never win, anyway. It's always the artsy-fartsy ones that nobody saw.

I am very late to this trip report but I am so glad I found it! Allison, you are an incredible travel writer and have such a gift for capturing everything and describing it that I feel like I am right there with you!

First, I can't believe your room had a tub and not a shower. That seem really strange to me. I guess some guests could use the tub with a bench seat and could slide across? I am surprised Disney would have HA rooms with a tub as I would guess that wouldn't work for many that need a HA room.

Second, I loved the photos of you and Fran in the Renoir painting. What a neat photo op!

Third, I haven't been to WDW since 1991. After seeing what you had to do go through to ride the Star Wars ride....I don't know if I could do all that or how I would even know how to do all that stuff??? Yikes! That seems like a lot....

Fourth, I am pretty sure you must make the most delicious hotel room breakfasts! They all look so good!!!!

Fifth, did you say you haven't been on a road trip since 2016? Was that your Utah desert trip? I remember following along and how amazing that trip was.

Sixth, the brunch (forgetting the name of the place now) with eggs benedict looked amazing!!!!

Seventh, that chocolate restaurant.....oh my!!!!!!! That is my type of place.

Lastly, the photo of Fran with the kitties is one of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen. šŸ’•

I hope all is well with you and Fran and everyone reading this thread. Hard to believe the stuff we are dealing with these days. šŸ’œ

I don't see them cutting the meat, either. But I can point to, say... a prime rib and ask for some to be cut off for me. Or tell them I want xx lbs of whatever.

This is Stater Bros. meat area. To the right (not in the picture) is more room (about double what you see) where they have more people working and cutting stuff. The guy you can see is cutting down a huge rib roast and making steaks that they'll either put in the cabinet or package up to put out into the store shelves.

Yeah, not going to see that at a grocery store up here anymore. You may see the butcher area, but... they do little actual butchering now.

I'm not sure how much actual "butchering" they do. I'm sure that they don't get whole cows or pigs, I just know that they boast that everyone in the meat department is a trained butcher.

:laughing: I know a few people that could use that!
Darn!

Yeah, I asked as well.....

I know. And I think there should be room for at least 4 scooters on a bus. But I suspect my opinion is in the minority.

I think that would be overkill, unless it is strictly a bus for scooter riders and their guests.

That strikes me as funny.
"We made only a few, absolutely must do, plans... then we scrapped them."

Well, they weren't must do plans. Although now I regret skipping Mission Space.

Wait... Fran said that????

Everyone seems to be surprised by this.....when she goes for a plan, she goes all in. She's the one who has been getting me up to go to the Senior hours at the grocery store. That's when I took the above picture last week. We were at Staters by 7:15 bought a bunch of meat, chicken and bacon on sale as well as all the other produce and stuff on my list. We dropped off the perishable stuff and made it to Costco, just as they were letting the last of the line of seniors into the store and got (most of) what we needed.

Kinda thought so. But thanks for clarifying. :)

You're welcome. :)

In your owners locker? Or...

No, I keep the spice kit at home. And from the look of the ketchup and the smell of some of the other spices. It seems like I'm going to need to fill new baggies before I take it anywhere again. It's been a couple years since I used it. Also the cinnamon baggie was empty.

Looks great! And real maple syrup. (Thank goodness.)

Fran insists on it. We finally tossed that bottle that wasn't real maple on the previous trip.

I don't understand this?

When staying on DVC points, you get Trash and Towel service on the 4th day and full cleaning on the 7th. You can request extra services and the cleaning is like $50 per instance, or something ridiculous like that. Since we were essentially a "cash" reservation they put us in the category to get mousekeeping every day. I guess after that wacko in Vegas took out all the folks from his hotel room, now Disney comes into your room every day, but they don't do a full service on DVC rooms.

:laughing: Those aren't all that common anymore, it seems.

It's too bad, cause it made the ride to MK very entertaining.

I didn't know that! (about Space)

The last time I rode Space in MK, I wished I could see my Chiropractor. And my head kept getting jostled around. I'll put up with it on RnRC cause I like that ride (the head banging), but it's not worth it for me on Space.

Such as? (Other than JC)

Well ToT comes to mind....but now that ours is Guardians, it totally rocks!

Actually... yes. :(

We went to a Walmart last week, and that gave me the heebie jeebies too......not going back there if I can help it!

Huh! I didn't know it'd be "far" superior. Huh!

Well, it seemed that there were more scenes and funny jokes than I remember on our ride.

:laughing:
I've heard the "I love you" part, but not the others.

The puppy one, had me totally LOLing!

I wasn't impressed with it. I think I was expecting something else.

I didn't know what I was expecting, all I know is you said there were too many chocolate chips and I certainly didn't agree with that!

Oh. I thought it was supposed to, too. Disappointing.

That was half the reason we went on it!

I wonder why not? Odd.

Maybe it was a specialty season offering and they hadn't programmed it into the app.

Yikes! Yeah, that can't wait.

Good thing the contractor was on the way over, or we would have had to pay triple time for a plumber.

Awww... I really like that. Great little touch, there.

I should have looked, because they always have something cute there.

Oh! Nice. Just read about that over on Liesa's TR.

Funny how we both posted the same restaurant and ordered the same entree!

I've done that joke a couple times, too.
:laughing: Way to go Fran!

Sometimes she is one a roll!

mmmmā€¦ that sounds wonderful.

It was pretty good! So was the little slice of pie on the top.

Interesting. Liesa had a different opinion on it. Good, but not that good.

I saw that, then again, I really like a good Reuben and that one was better than a lot I've had.

This is Stater Bros. meat area. To the right (not in the picture) is more room (about double what you see) where they have more people working and cutting stuff. The guy you can see is cutting down a huge rib roast and making steaks that they'll either put in the cabinet or package up to put out into the store shelves.
Our grocery store meat departments are that big too, but... they're hardly used now. I'd say... hmmm... 5? 10? years ago, they all just... stopped. Now almost all grocery store meat comes pre-packaged. You'll still see a butcher in some stores, but... they do very little (that I can see).
However the butcher that I go to, will have sides of beef, etc. A couple days ago, I needed 1/2lb of tenderloin and when I asked for it, they 1st told me they had it in the back and would just have to cut it, then they showed me a piece and asked if that was okay because it was the narrower end. (It was fine since I was slicing it and not doing a roast.)
I'm not sure how much actual "butchering" they do. I'm sure that they don't get whole cows or pigs, I just know that they boast that everyone in the meat department is a trained butcher.
I think (as I mentioned) that the guy who works there is a butcher... just don't know how much actual butchering he does anymore.
Yeah, I asked as well.....
:rolleyes1
I think that would be overkill, unless it is strictly a bus for scooter riders and their guests.
Well, you would know more about it than I would. I just know I always feel guilty about getting on a bus when I see that someone on a scooter, who was there before I was, is going to be left behind.
It doesn't happen often, but.. just doesn't seem right to "penalize" someone because they're on a scooter.
Well, they weren't must do plans. Although now I regret skipping Mission Space.
Why?
Everyone seems to be surprised by this.....when she goes for a plan, she goes all in. She's the one who has been getting me up to go to the Senior hours at the grocery store. That's when I took the above picture last week. We were at Staters by 7:15 bought a bunch of meat, chicken and bacon on sale as well as all the other produce and stuff on my list. We dropped off the perishable stuff and made it to Costco, just as they were letting the last of the line of seniors into the store and got (most of) what we needed.
Well... I guess I've read so many times where you'll say "I tried to get Fran up but she wasn't having it" or similar, that I got the impression that she wasn't an early riser.
No, I keep the spice kit at home. And from the look of the ketchup and the smell of some of the other spices. It seems like I'm going to need to fill new baggies before I take it anywhere again. It's been a couple years since I used it. Also the cinnamon baggie was empty.
I need to replace some spices. The ones I use a lot get turned over quickly enough, but... there are a few that have been sitting too long.
Fran insists on it. We finally tossed that bottle that wasn't real maple on the previous trip.
Fran is smart!

I wonder how many times I've said that now? :laughing:
When staying on DVC points, you get Trash and Towel service on the 4th day and full cleaning on the 7th.
Ah! I knew it wasn't every day. When we stayed at OKW (rented points) I did know there wasn't daily service, but I wasn't quite sure what the schedule was.
You can request extra services and the cleaning is like $50 per instance, or something ridiculous like that.
Yikes! Nope!
Since we were essentially a "cash" reservation they put us in the category to get mousekeeping every day.
Ohhhh...
I guess after that wacko in Vegas took out all the folks from his hotel room, now Disney comes into your room every day, but they don't do a full service on DVC rooms.
Is that it? I thought it was to make sure people weren't incapacitated and/or ill (or dead!) and needing assistance.
The last time I rode Space in MK, I wished I could see my Chiropractor. And my head kept getting jostled around. I'll put up with it on RnRC cause I like that ride (the head banging), but it's not worth it for me on Space.
I understand that! Last time I went, with Elle, we rope dropped it and loved it!... couldn't wait to go again. Then we rode it a couple hours later with FP and rode the other side and... It was awful. So rough.
I skip it when I can.
Well ToT comes to mind....but now that ours is Guardians, it totally rocks!
Ah yes. I never did see Cali's version of TOT, but you've mentioned that one before.
The puppy one, had me totally LOLing!
I didn't know what I was expecting, all I know is you said there were too many chocolate chips and I certainly didn't agree with that!
I think... I was expecting something more... cinnamon bun-like, and that's what I had my taste buds set for.
I must admit... saying "too much chocolate" is not something I normally say! Maybe now that I know... I should give it another shot?
But... then again, I much prefer a plain croissant to a chocolate croissant. Maybe it's because I find it too dry? And that's what the cat tail reminds me of?
Good thing the contractor was on the way over, or we would have had to pay triple time for a plumber.
:eek:
Funny how we both posted the same restaurant and ordered the same entree!
I know! It was very deja vu. :)
It was pretty good! So was the little slice of pie on the top.
mmmmā€¦ pie...
I saw that, then again, I really like a good Reuben and that one was better than a lot I've had.
I'm not a fan of Reubens, so I don't think I'll be ordering it anyways, if and when. :)

Joining in. I love your pics. We have only been on the one D Cruise but I get your reference. We were in 12000 and the back of the ship was easily accessible. I got lost a couple of times though--- but it is a ship and so how far could i go.

:welcome:

I am a foodie and your food pics are wonderful. I love the F&W and Flower & Garden (sadly we had to cancel our trip for May 2020) and hopefully will get to participate at the end of September. We are booked at AKV with a combination of value and can you believe it CL studios.

Sadly, I have no idea when we are going to get back, even to Disneyland. I fear that will open much later than Disney World. Our governor is much stricter. I'm not faulting him, he is just trying to keep us safe. There are a lot of people in Southern California and not all of them are smart or safe.

You guys are adorable and I love how your partner interjects your postings with her restraint on shopping purchases.

Thanks! I need to get her to read the next couple posts and make her comments again.

I am enjoying your TR very much.

Thanks!

I sure do love the Jungle Cruise. I always take a picture of these boats, ever since the tour we went on when our guide pointed out that the three heads on the boats are meant to resemble Goofy, Donald and Mickey. When you view them straight on, you can see the resemblance :)

Thanks for that little factoid! I can see it!

Our family's favorite! We always have to visit the Carousel of Progress on our trips! Your pictures came out beautifully. Mine never do...something with the lighting and my phone's camera do not agree with one another, and I'd hate to be one of "those people" using my flash!

I really like that one too, but we haven't been on it for several years, not sure why. I've really been working on my dark ride photography over the past couple years, really futzing with the settings on the camera to get it just right.

The final scene is definitely dated. I'm always hopeful they will give that a little love one of these days. It wouldn't take much to freshen it up and make it a bit more current.

It wouldn't take a lot to modern it up. Every scene is date, but that's kind of the point!

That really is cute!!!

And I wouldn't have seen it if Pam hadn't pulled the murphy bed down.

Wait that doesn't sound like your wife?!

I told her this yesterday and she said, "Who do they think wakes you up to catch the planes early in the morning?"

Real maple syrup- nice!

Both the Canadians notice that one.....

That's awesome, glad he enjoys his job!

He definitely did!

FP for Winnie the Poo? you need FP there?

Well, the line is shorter if you have FP. Pretty much everything at WDW has a FP and the lines are longer for most rides because of it.

Space is wayyy better at DL, but I can't remember big thunder, other than I think your loaded inside?

I just remember riding BTMRR a while ago. It was after the major rehab at DL, and the MK version was so jarring. In the DL upgrade they made the ride really smooth and fun, I decided I didn't want to waste my back on it.

There are some for sure! I didn't realize they weren't the same! Although I wonder if we've even ridden JC in MK

I seem to remember more scenes and jokes in the MK one than in DLs.

This guy sounds awesome! Dorian wants to be a skipper as a retirement job

I bet he would make a good one!

Glad it was good- sometimes I find "outside" chocolate chips taste funny- weird I know

I thought they tasted just fine. We both have our food weirdnesses!

I will have to look up in DL had this one...I do remember riding it at MK thought!

I believe that it was in DL for many years after the World's Fair, then they moved it to WDW so DL could put other stuff in there. I think it was America Sings!

See? I mean a toddler riding on a lap just can't end well.

Usually they're standing on the floorboards, but no I imagine not.

Hmm, you might be onto something here.

Why not overeat? You're at WDW!

I love when I get a driver that actually likes his/her job and makes it fun.

It was very entertaining and made the ride go quicker!

Yes, it is. Probably because they had time to design a better ride improving on the DLR one.

And more space. I could've sworn there were more scenes.

UH OH!!! WE HAVE ANOTHER "S" word contender for ambulating in Disney! Some Saunter, Some Sashay... Alison STROLLS!!!

HUH? Why not?! That's just weird. ? I mean I believe you, just, that seems so random.

The only thing I could come up with was that it was a seasonal item and they hadn't had a chance to update the app.

Oh dear. That's bad.

Yes, in fact that is the second time a tenant has had a flex line burst while we were at WDW. It was 10 years ago....in February. Perhaps we shouldn't visit in Feb of years ending in a zero! :eek: At least this one didn't cost $15K.

It's such a fun place. So glad I went. :)

It is a fun place!

A... WHAT?!?! Now, I have to go back. :rolleyes:

She seemed to like it.

I sure wish the'd made it up to my table. :(

They were a lot of fun!

JINX!!! You copied me. (Or, did I copy you? LOL!)

Well since yours was in September...but I didn't know.

Hard not to do there!

::yes::

Yes, it was fine, I did like the "secret sauce" which was like all other Reubens - Thousand Island, but you know, it fit the bill and was nice precursor to my shake. ;)

Our shake came first.

Booths and wallpaper!

Pumpkin!

Pumpkin again!

And again!

Now it's Christmas :)

The ride goes throughout the year as it changes decades. The first scene is springtime, the second is 4th of July, the third is Halloween and the last one is Christmas....

My eyes! that's my cilantro right there man..I am not a raw onion person

:laughing: There you go! I love raw onions on burgers, and dogs, and all sorts of other things. Although sometimes I prefer red onion.

Lucky indeed! Hope it wasn't a huge fix

It wasn't complicated, but it took him a bit to get it under control.

Super cute!

I feel like the little signs are switched...the oreo caramel one though! Dannngg!

Yeah, I think some one messed up.

How was it? Or is that coming up?

It was good, nothing spectacular, but we didn't hate eating it.

How fun that they do this!

They are a hoot!

Drooling! I love chocolate but I also love lime things

I'm actually more of a citrus person.....

Smart girl, although I don't mind green onions that much

Again, I love all things onion.

The more crackle the better!

No chocolate drizzle on the inside of the glass?

They sprinkled the top with grated white chocolate.

I think that's a characteristic for flourless chocolate cake- super dense..almost like a soft fudge

This was was just way more dense than others I've had. Or maybe I'm thinking of molten center Chocolate cakes.

:laughing: There you go! I love raw onions on burgers, and dogs, and all sorts of other things. Although sometimes I prefer red onion.
Speaking burgers and dogs only....
Grilled onions or raw?

My preference changes depending on what I feel like that day.

Usually they're standing on the floorboards, but no I imagine not.

And when they have to stop quickly, I see missing teeth.

Why not overeat? You're at WDW!

That's what vacation is FOR!!!

The only thing I could come up with was that it was a seasonal item and they hadn't had a chance to update the app.

Now THAT makes sense!

Yes, in fact that is the second time a tenant has had a flex line burst while we were at WDW. It was 10 years ago....in February. Perhaps we shouldn't visit in Feb of years ending in a zero! :eek: At least this one didn't cost $15K.

$15,000?!?! Holy cow!!

Our shake came first.

:laughing: Now there's a tasty way to do vacation!

I bet you and Fran are going thru serious withdrawal... Me, I'm lucky if I get to Disney every other year, but you and Fran live so close, not being able to go to your favorite store or favorite restaurant has got to be hard!!!

It sure is. Yesterday there was supposed to be a special event, and we had put it into our phones. It was sad when the reminders kept popping us and reminding us what we can't do.

Hopefully things will start opening up soon... I live in Iowa and 77 of the 99 counties are open... But the other 22 are still closed... I live in one of the closed counties...

We are going to be closed for a while. LA county is the worst. Orange county is very close and they are going to start opening up EVERYTHING because well, you can't talk politics on the DIS, but since the Governor's orders take precedence over the county's, large gatherings are still not allowed and Disney is certainly a large gathering. The theme parks are supposed to be phase 4 and I think we are just barely in phase 1.

At least you still can relive your Disney trips writing this TR and I can get my Disney fix by reading it...

Yes, if I can find the time to do it! We've had a lot of eBays, and I thought they tapered off, but just this afternoon we sold a couple more things, and one was a nice expensive thing!

Hard to do Disney without plans these days.

Hard to do Disney these days. Period. :sad2:

I would agree the DL versions are better, but I still wouldn't be able to pass up riding them.

I don't want to make Fran wait just so my neck can be jostled out of place, and my back.

I'm just hoping we get back to the days when I get annoyed with crowds just for making the lines longer.

No matter how you slice it, going back is going to be weird.

:eek: Alison? Is that you?

:lmao:

Funny that you and Liesa were writing about it at the same time.

That was kind of a weird coincidence.....

Hey, nice work Fran!

Every once in a while, she does nail it!

Hard not to overeat at that place.

Well, thank goodness for that.

:lmao: I knew you'd like that one.

The good movies never win, anyway. It's always the artsy-fartsy ones that nobody saw.

Yeah, I'm not sure I've seen an Oscar nominated movie that wasn't a Disney Cartoon in years....

I am very late to this trip report but I am so glad I found it! Allison, you are an incredible travel writer and have such a gift for capturing everything and describing it that I feel like I am right there with you!

:welcome: I'm glad you're enjoying the TR! I hope I can get the next update soon!

First, I can't believe your room had a tub and not a shower. That seem really strange to me. I guess some guests could use the tub with a bench seat and could slide across? I am surprised Disney would have HA rooms with a tub as I would guess that wouldn't work for many that need a HA room.

That's not the first time that has happened. I always request an HA room with a roll-in shower, I just wish they could fulfill that.

Second, I loved the photos of you and Fran in the Renoir painting. What a neat photo op!

It was a neat one, I wish we could have done more of them.

Third, I haven't been to WDW since 1991. After seeing what you had to do go through to ride the Star Wars ride....I don't know if I could do all that or how I would even know how to do all that stuff??? Yikes! That seems like a lot....

That's a long time since visiting! If Disney and the ride every come back up again, you can practice getting a boarding group with the app, even if you don't have a ticket, you can only go so far, but you can at least get the feel for what you need to click on and where to start.

Fourth, I am pretty sure you must make the most delicious hotel room breakfasts! They all look so good!!!!

Well thank you, I never have time at home to make breakfast!

Fifth, did you say you haven't been on a road trip since 2016? Was that your Utah desert trip? I remember following along and how amazing that trip was.

Actually it was 2014 when we did that trip. I have a feeling our next trip will also be a road trip.

Sixth, the brunch (forgetting the name of the place now) with eggs benedict looked amazing!!!!

Le Cellier, it was asmazine.

Seventh, that chocolate restaurant.....oh my!!!!!!! That is my type of place.

I don't know if I'm glad glad or not that there isn't one at Citywalk in Universal Studios, Hollywood

Lastly, the photo of Fran with the kitties is one of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen. šŸ’•

That's sort of her natural habitat.... :laughing:

I hope all is well with you and Fran and everyone reading this thread. Hard to believe the stuff we are dealing with these days. šŸ’œ

Yeah, and I think we have a long way to go, I feel like this is just the beginning.

Our grocery store meat departments are that big too, but... they're hardly used now. I'd say... hmmm... 5? 10? years ago, they all just... stopped. Now almost all grocery store meat comes pre-packaged. You'll still see a butcher in some stores, but... they do very little (that I can see).

Huh, even the stores where you don't see the butcher area, they still package the meat up there. Well OK, the chicken is prepackaged and so is the ground beef, and some specialty meats like lamb or veal. But the beef they do in the back.

However the butcher that I go to, will have sides of beef, etc.

Wow! Color me impressed!

A couple days ago, I needed 1/2lb of tenderloin and when I asked for it, they 1st told me they had it in the back and would just have to cut it, then they showed me a piece and asked if that was okay because it was the narrower end. (It was fine since I was slicing it and not doing a roast.)

Huh. I rarely do a tenderloin, mostly Rib Eyes.

I think (as I mentioned) that the guy who works there is a butcher... just don't know how much actual butchering he does anymore.

I can understand that. Plus people don't cook nearly as creatively as they once did. You can tell that by what it not left on the store shelves. For a while there ground beef was a scarce commodoty.

Well, you would know more about it than I would. I just know I always feel guilty about getting on a bus when I see that someone on a scooter, who was there before I was, is going to be left behind.
It doesn't happen often, but.. just doesn't seem right to "penalize" someone because they're on a scooter.

I'm glad some people feel that way. I have another comment coming up where humanity surprises me once again.

I have no idea when I will get to ride Mission Space again. I'm hoping that by October 2021 we are back to an "almost" normal, and we can go back, but it's going to be a long time before we fly anywhere. And Fran just got companion status on Southwest.

Well... I guess I've read so many times where you'll say "I tried to get Fran up but she wasn't having it" or similar, that I got the impression that she wasn't an early riser.

Well, it's not that she isn't an early riser, she just has to have somewhere to go. Often times she gets up early, like 4-5AM and she is wide awake. Then she comes back to bed at about 7AM and she can't get up until 11AM. It's odd. If she has a goal or something to motivate her, she'll get up and go, and badger me about not moving fast enough.

I need to replace some spices. The ones I use a lot get turned over quickly enough, but... there are a few that have been sitting too long.

I threw out a ton of spices when we moved, but that was six years ago. I replace the commonly used ones as well, but there are some that probably need replacing after quite a few years.

Fran is smart!

I wonder how many times I've said that now? :laughing:

I don't know, but a lot!

Ah! I knew it wasn't every day. When we stayed at OKW (rented points) I did know there wasn't daily service, but I wasn't quite sure what the schedule was.

I am always confused, because I think the fourth day is the fourth full one, but I think they count it from the day you move in.

Is that it? I thought it was to make sure people weren't incapacitated and/or ill (or dead!) and needing assistance.

Oh no, that policy was instated after the Vegas massacre.

Ah yes. I never did see Cali's version of TOT, but you've mentioned that one before.

I think there are lots of things I've mentioned before. We have a lot of deja vu. :rolleyes1

I think... I was expecting something more... cinnamon bun-like, and that's what I had my taste buds set for.
I must admit... saying "too much chocolate" is not something I normally say! Maybe now that I know... I should give it another shot?
But... then again, I much prefer a plain croissant to a chocolate croissant. Maybe it's because I find it too dry? And that's what the cat tail reminds me of?

I just recently started appreciating chocolate croissants. I didn't care for them previously, but now I'm starting to really like them.

I know! It was very deja vu. :)

Same sandwich and everything.

I'm not a fan of Reubens, so I don't think I'll be ordering it anyways, if and when. :)

I hadn't had corned beef until about 18 years ago, now I'm making up for lost time.

Speaking burgers and dogs only....
Grilled onions or raw?

Mostly raw....I like the sharp taste, however, if I'm having a patty melt, it has to be grilled onions. Also when I make Bangers and Mash, I have an onion gravy that I put on them, those are also sauteed. Hmmmm.....two more things to go on the dining rotation. Next time I rewrite it, I'll have to remember.

My preference changes depending on what I feel like that day.

My preference changes with the parameters above.

And when they have to stop quickly, I see missing teeth.

That's what vacation is FOR!!!

:sad2: Don't see any of that coming soon. I'm finding out that I am unable to overeat at home. I ordered Shabu Shabu last week and what I can normally eat almost everything, I found myself full before I was even halfway done. Then again I got another meal out of it the next day.

$15,000?!?! Holy cow!!

Well it turned out that the shower had a case of wet rot that was uncovered when the team came in to clean up the mess. They had to take out most of the bathroom, all the way down to the joists and replace them. When the damage happened, the tenant had a pink bathroom, original from the 1950s. They had to replace the tub and shower once they rebuilt the joists, so she got a pretty tan bathroom instead. They pretty much ripped us off. Had we known Gale at that time, he would have done the whole apartment (kitchen too) for just a few thousand more than that. However, we didn't meet him until about 6-9 months later.

Wow! Color me impressed!
Is that fuchsia? I can't keep track.
Huh. I rarely do a tenderloin, mostly Rib Eyes.
I just did some NY strips the other day. Plus, my meatloaf recipe calls for 1.5lbs of gr. beef. That's almost impossible to get at the grocery store unless I buy a couple of packages and guesstimate it.
I'm glad some people feel that way. I have another comment coming up where humanity surprises me once again.
Standing by!
I have no idea when I will get to ride Mission Space again. I'm hoping that by October 2021 we are back to an "almost" normal, and we can go back, but it's going to be a long time before we fly anywhere. And Fran just got companion status on Southwest.
Ah, okay. I thought it was because you couldn't ride anymore because it makes you ill, or it was going down for refurb or something.
Well, it's not that she isn't an early riser, she just has to have somewhere to go. Often times she gets up early, like 4-5AM and she is wide awake. Then she comes back to bed at about 7AM and she can't get up until 11AM. It's odd. If she has a goal or something to motivate her, she'll get up and go, and badger me about not moving fast enough.
I'm learning so much about her! :laughing:
I don't know, but a lot!
Oh no, that policy was instated after the Vegas massacre.
Oh! I didn't realize that was the connection.
I think there are lots of things I've mentioned before. We have a lot of deja vu. :rolleyes1
I hadn't had corned beef until about 18 years ago, now I'm making up for lost time.
Love corned beef. It's the sauerkraut with it that I don't care for. I like sauerkraut okay, just not too much and not in my corned beef sammie.
Mostly raw....I like the sharp taste, however, if I'm having a patty melt, it has to be grilled onions. Also when I make Bangers and Mash, I have an onion gravy that I put on them, those are also sauteed. Hmmmm.....two more things to go on the dining rotation. Next time I rewrite it, I'll have to remember.
You're welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!