The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

Lucky for us! :)

Well...if you say so!

big job! Lots of work!

And the house is even worse now. I don't think I could even think about having my parents visit. We will definitely go to their house for the holiday this year. I think we get Christmas. Although I'm not sure they want to travel to Seattle to see my sister's family in the current conditions.

:laughing:
In that first photo, is that ribs or chicken?

Ribs. We made them in the Instant Pot. Baby Backs.

Of course you did! One place I'd like to see, actually.

When we played in their band we used to drive out there every other week, and would end up spending several nights/weekends a year out there. We got to know the place pretty well. Its changed a bit since then, and I'm sure even more now.

I've never heard of him.

I've told you about him before. He does mainly political humor, so you might not find him so funny, although my Austrian friends think he's hilarious.

Glad you enjoyed the show. :)

He was lots if fun!

Score!
Will you use it or put it in a place of honour?

Right now its in one of my curio cabinets in the foyer.

When ya gotta shop, ya gotta shop.

:sad2:

Very interesting presentation!

Well it is Disney. I wonder how long it took them to make all those mickey shaped puff pastries.

Anything with "slider" in the title has my attention.

Me too, sort of. I wouldn't be keen on a salmon slider.

Waiting for ebay?

Pretty much. Like all the other clutter in our house.

Sounds yummy!
:lmao:
Guess I won't ask how it was!

Well we bought two. Between three of us we ate one, and it was very rich and much larger than I was expecting. It was very good, but it was like four times the size of a normal macaron.

Nice of them. And glad you could all get in the shot. :)

::yes:: I rarely take pictures of us, so its nice to have one!

I love that. Need to go there too!

Geez I miss that place.

Ohhhhh… that looks so good! How was it in comparison to others you've had?

It waa excellent. Different in that it didn't have the croutons floating on the top and the cheese wasn't gooey and stringy, but still mighty tasty. There isn't much there I've had that's not yummy.

I'm drooling!

:P

was going to ask, but...

Yeah, I kept trying to be a fan, everyone else seems to love them, but I finally realized that I just don't.

Charred I see. I always steam mine, but maybe should do that.

I was roasting mine for a period, but Fran objected so I'm back to strictly steaming them.

But... he wasn't there? :confused3

I think they have standing orders for protocol with certain people. I'm pretty sure that they keep a dossier of some folks.

Okay, that answers my question. I'm not sure if I've had more than just a tiny bit of truffle. I think I might try it, but... will temper my expectations.

Good luck. Then again you guys probably have more places that are open up there.

Wow, that sounds good...

::yes::

...as does that. I'd be hard pressed not to order both!

Except I was so full, I really had to work to finish it.

And the house is even worse now.
Uh, oh! Why?
We will definitely go to their house for the holiday this year. I think we get Christmas. Although I'm not sure they want to travel to Seattle to see my sister's family in the current conditions.
Yeah... I'm not exactly keen on traveling... well... anywhere, right now.
Ribs. We made them in the Instant Pot. Baby Backs.
I've done that! DW is not a fan of ribs so I very rarely make them.
I've told you about him before. He does mainly political humor, so you might not find him so funny, although my Austrian friends think he's hilarious.
Oh, right!! :sad2: I forgot. And I still haven't seen any of his stuff. Keep forgetting.
Well it is Disney. I wonder how long it took them to make all those mickey shaped puff pastries.
Yes, and... good question.
Me too, sort of. I wouldn't be keen on a salmon slider.
Hmmm... I might be. Depends on how it's cooked and what else is on it.
It was very good, but it was like four times the size of a normal macaron.
Too much of a good thing?
::yes:: I rarely take pictures of us, so its nice to have one!
:)
It waa excellent. Different in that it didn't have the croutons floating on the top and the cheese wasn't gooey and stringy, but still mighty tasty. There isn't much there I've had that's not yummy.
mmmmmm… want.
I was roasting mine for a period, but Fran objected so I'm back to strictly steaming them.
Roasting. Interesting. Never thought of doing them that way.
I think they have standing orders for protocol with certain people. I'm pretty sure that they keep a dossier of some folks.
Wouldn't be surprised.
Good luck. Then again you guys probably have more places that are open up there.
Possibly? I don't know. Restaurants are allowed to be open at 50% capacity I think.

Those desserts look divine! I’m with you..I recently decided that truffle really isn’t my thing!

I think wonderful desserts is something I really miss. I've been making dessert almost every night as kind of a reward for making it through the day (again). But mine are mostly simple, brownies, rice krispy treats, cookies, boxed cake mixes....

They bring Disney joy to us too, thank you :)

And I figured out a way to continue TRs even if I don't get back to Disney this year. I guess they won't be TRs, but they'll be Disney entertaining!

MMM this looks soon good! Is that chili by the ribs?

No, baked beans. Chili would be its own meal.

I saw this and was like ahhhh...too fun!

Have you seen his videos?

Yummy! We meant to try this, but never did

It was very good!

MMM mickey shaped food! :drooling:

:thumbsup2

I think I would polish off both of these too

I wasn't a fan of the turkey, but liked the other one.

Been there done that..nothing like finding leftovers months later..

At least we haven't had that problem since then.

Yum! this is a good one!

Nice pic, your dad looks so content!

He's a pretty chill dude.

I know we got this one, but I don't remember the orange stuff on top, but maybe D had drank that part..

It was a little weird the time that I got it.

That's a long haul, especially coming from DCA already

It is. We actually picked up the car at the Grand and drove to the DLH. We had a bottle of wine in the car that we couldn't take in the parks.

It looks like a very classy, debonair sort of place.

It is!

D and I both love old Walt pics :) you got some nice pics of the pics

Actually I stole those from other people that I've been there with. :rolleyes1

That looks spot on, especially the cheesy top bit!

So yummy......

I could go for that steak right now and it's not even 9 am...

Steak is good at any time of day!

And this- I love halibut too

I do too, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

They look pretty tasty, I do like things in a doughnut form tho.

Usually anything fried is pretty good on my list.

This is how I feel about mangos/most mango flavoured stuff..taste like what I imagine dirt to taste like...

Huh, interesting that mangoes have that effect on you.

:lovestruc
MMmm MMmm MMmm! that sounds great- the bourbon, the vanilla and salt- sounds devine!!

When the guy at 1901 told me about it, I knew that I had to have it!

Sounds legit to me.

I'm hoping we'll hear some more stories from you. Your family has interesting adventures that are fun to read about.

No idea who that is. I know you're shocked.

Well, in your defense you are not a theater geek, or active in the LGBTQ community which is mostly his base.

Should I be shocked by this?

I dont think anyone is.

Mmmm...steak.

:thumbsup2

Gee...thanks, Marcel. Don't do me any more favors, ok?

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

It's fun to dream, isn't it?

I used to tell Fran that I didn't want take out or drive through, I wanted to go to a place where someone brought me my food on a plate, put it down in front of me, and took it away when I was done. They did all the dishes. That hasn't happened for 149 days.

The closest I've gotten to that is when my food comes in paper wrappers and I just have to throw it away when it's empty.

This sounds like something I would say! :lmao:

I thought of you when I was writing this.

Uh, oh! Why?

Ever since this pandemic started she has really stepped up her eBay game. We've been selling like crazy, but our house was already full of boxes of stuff to sell and then she started bringing back more boxes from storage. While a ton of stuff is selling, there's probably more that either doesn't get listed. The clutter factor is nearly unbearable, but I can't do anything about it cause she's never awake long enough to work with me on it. Many years ago I got in trouble for putting "her stuff" away, so now I don't touch it until she tells me where she wants it.

Yeah... I'm not exactly keen on traveling... well... anywhere, right now.

I'm considering going to my parents at Christmastime, but my Mom has already warned me that we wouldn't go anywhere, but at least it would be a change of scenery.

I've done that! DW is not a fan of ribs so I very rarely make them.

Fran is a fan of Beef Ribs, not the baby backs. I save them from all the Prime Ribs that I cook and eventually serve them up for dinner every so often. I have them on the schedule for Mid August, with some corn and baked beans.

Oh, right!! :sad2: I forgot. And I still haven't seen any of his stuff. Keep forgetting.

Fran shows me the new videos as soon as they come out, she subscribes to his YouTube channel, and then she posts them on FB.

Too much of a good thing?

Yeah, pretty much. It was pretty rich.

mmmmmm… want.

Now I need to put onion soup on the rotation.....I've got so many things planned, I have it through Mid August and in the margin, I'm writing all the things I've thought of that I want to put on the next incarnation of the dinner planning list.

Roasting. Interesting. Never thought of doing them that way.

I went through a little roasting phase, where I tried almost everything but spinach, green beans or broccoli. I think the one that came out the best was zucchini chunks, quartered tomatoes, and red onions. That was a nice flavor profile.

Wouldn't be surprised.

I know that the Cruise Line keeps one.

Possibly? I don't know. Restaurants are allowed to be open at 50% capacity I think.

Ours are restricted to outdoor dining only. They are all building patios and such where the street parking used to be. Some of the areas of the city are now surreal, as if we are turning into Paris! :laughing:

Our next scheduled day at the park was just a few days after my parents left to go back home. This wasn’t going to be a big fun park day, but they were releasing a new mug at Trader Sam’s so of course we went out there to pick one up!

This was our only Disney excitement for the day. We sure would have liked to stick around and enjoy some beverages and appetizers at Trader Sam's, but unfortunately we had to remain sober that day. Our band got suckered into rounding out the ranks of another band in the area, and their rehearsals were on Wednesday nights. The concert was on the following Sunday so we really didn't have a lot of choice. We kinda needed to be there. But that was just the beginning of our Disney fun for the week. The remainder of the plans had been in place for many months.

That afternoon, I got a text from Allyson who was flying in this evening. She and her DH had planned on taking their daughter (whom they share custody with the birth mother) down to DL to see the Star Wars stuff and have an extended weekend. They live in BC about four hours out of Vancouver. The trip had been planned for several months, and they were flying on Wednesday. The birth mother of their daughter had the gal’s passport and had been dragging her feet about handing it over to them. Well come Monday, she finally admitted that she had lost the thing, so daughter and father spent Tuesday down in Vancouver filing the paperwork and such so that it would be ready Wednesday morning before their afternoon flight.

Well they got to the passport office Wednesday morning and it seems that the entire Canadian passport system was down.

Nationwide.

The passport was supposed to be ready at 10AM and no one had any idea when the sysytem would be back up and running. They had until 1:30PM until it was time to leave for the airport. Allyson had to fly that evening because her niece (who lives in San Francisco) was meeting them for this trip. The girls are similar in age, and it’s always nice when your teenager has a companion their own age. So she couldn’t just leave a minor on her own for the night. The deadline hit and Allyson flew to LAX while Dorian and their daughter went back to the passport office, which was now up and running.

The two of them were rebooked on the first flight Thursday morning, and we made all the necessary changes to our plans in the parks. I’d be meeting Allyson and her niece in the morning and Dad and Daughter would be arriving in the afternoon. They were able to stay with some friends who live near Vancouver, so that saved some extra $$’s on a hotel room that they didn’t have to pay for.

After some more texting details, Fran offered to pick them up at the airport. We didn’t know if the bad Uber situation at LAX had been resolved and they were already missing half the day, so she said that she would be happy to get them and bring them back to Disney the next day.

We had planned to meet up Thursday morning around 10:30, but with Fran and I we are always running late and it wasn’t until about 10 minutes to 11AM that we arrived. After getting my scooter out of the car, I helped Fran convert the van into something to carry passengers again. (The second row of seats stows into the floorboards making it very convenient.) And she was off to the airport.

When I met up with Allyson, she told me that after all the hassles from the day before, when Dorian got to the airport to catch his replacement flight, they couldn’t find his reservation. I’m not sure how they got everything sorted out, but they did. It was yet another hassle that they didn’t need.

We headed into Disneyland first. This update will be sort of light on pictures, I wasn’t too good about remembering to take them. Plus the PhotoPass portion of the Disneyland Website seems to be not working properly. I can’t seem to link any of my pictures. The only ones that show up are the ones I linked before the parks closed. So you'll have to take my cellphone pictures which are mostly taken for the purpose of capturing the code, rather than picture quality. Luckily Allyson got a few pictures that I was able to add to this update!

So our first ride was the Astro Blasters. Allyson suggested this one. I’d never been on it. It was fun, I tried to take a selfie and nearly dropped my phone so I gave up, but she got a few pictures.

Good thing because that was the last time I would be riding this ride. I nearly peed myself trying to get out of the ride vehicle. :laughing:

Our next ride was the potty ride for sure!

I’m not sure exactly what rides we did in the morning. I have photo evidence that we rode Space Mountain at some point.

We may have gone on Buzz Lightyear, but I know that we stayed on the East side of the park before deciding to visit the princesses.

Cinderella was first. Allyson and I did solo poses, and then together.

We met up with Ariel next, when Allyson and I met with her it was nothing special, just smiles and giggles.

But when her niece met up with Ariel, she noticed her shark’s tooth necklace.

And from that point she couldn’t stop talking about how brave she must be to have defeated a shark! She also asked if Ella would be one of her best friends forever and that her other friends would love to meet her and how strong she looked.

Finally we moved on to meet Snow White.

By this point, I believe that Dorian and Maria’s plane had landed and they were going out to the curbside to look for Fran. We headed over to the Matterhorn, but I sat this one out. I’m hit or miss for that ride, and wasn’t feeling up to it that day. I think while they were on the ride, Fran called me, Dorian was trying to get in touch with Allyson. I explained that they were on the ride. Turns out Fran had stopped at their hotel, and somehow, even though Allyson had put his name on the reservation, and told the front desk he would be there to pick up a key, they were giving him a hassle. Somehow he worked it out, and was able to go up to the room to drop off their luggage. Allyson had brought me several bottles of local Ice Wine (which I still need to drink!) and he gave those to Fran to take home.

We decided that it would be best to wait for the two of them while enjoying lunch, and everyone agreed that The Plaza Inn was the best place to do that. While they are known for their Fried Chicken, which Allyson and I split, they also have a number of entrees suitable for Pescatarians, of which there were some in our group.

Just about the time that we started to dig into that Christmassy cake there, Dorian and Maria showed up. They got their own plate of chicken and a piece of cake. I didn’t get pictures, but between our table, we ordered one of each of the seasonal desserts and passed them around the table to try. I liked the one Allyson and I picked the best. It had kind of a minty chocolate flavor to it.

Because Dorian is a HUGE Star Wars fan, we purposely waited until he caught up with us to go to Galaxy’s Edge or Batuu. Because I’d been there so many times by now, I didn’t take any pictures, sorry. Dorian was just beside himself. I’ve never met anyone who knows more about the SW universe than him, and everything we passed he pretty much had a comment to make about it. We went straight for MF:SR, and we got the Teal? Team.

Dorian had to be the pilot, I don’t remember what I got, probably Engineer.

I believe we rode it a couple of times before we decided to hop over to DCA. I’m using my photos to work out the rest of the day….

Based on the time stamps on my photos, I’m guessing that we rode Soarin’ first since that’s one of the rides that doesn’t have a photo. I’ve got an unidentifiable photo taken at 4:15PM which looks like it could possibly be the preshow for MF:SR, the time stamp on Racers is 6:04PM, so that’s feasible. So I think we got on Racers next. I’m not sure, but I was so tired I fell asleep in the car.

Then we rode Guardians of the Galaxy, since it’s nearby and the time stamp is 6:38PM.

It was time to call it a day at that point, at least for the rides. So we stopped to have a drink.

Just after 8PM, we said our goodbyes, but not before getting a shot to prove we all met up!

I was going home, and they were going to see WoC. Little did we know that the show had started earlier due to a special private party giveaway event hosted by a local radio station. They caught the tail end of the show.

I’ll get to the next day a little bit later.

Last edited:
Ever since this pandemic started she has really stepped up her eBay game. We've been selling like crazy, but our house was already full of boxes of stuff to sell and then she started bringing back more boxes from storage. While a ton of stuff is selling, there's probably more that either doesn't get listed. The clutter factor is nearly unbearable, but I can't do anything about it cause she's never awake long enough to work with me on it. Many years ago I got in trouble for putting "her stuff" away, so now I don't touch it until she tells me where she wants it.
Okay, I get it. Also get the "don't touch" think. Oh, how I wish my DW would learn that. <sigh>
I'm considering going to my parents at Christmastime, but my Mom has already warned me that we wouldn't go anywhere, but at least it would be a change of scenery.
::yes:: That would count for a lot. Would you fly or drive?
Fran is a fan of Beef Ribs, not the baby backs. I save them from all the Prime Ribs that I cook and eventually serve them up for dinner every so often.
You save them from Prime Ribs>?!?!???
OMG, I never thought of that! Then again, I rarely have prime rib.
Fran shows me the new videos as soon as they come out, she subscribes to his YouTube channel, and then she posts them on FB.
Shoot. Looks like Fran is not on my friend list, then. Because I've never seen that.
Now I need to put onion soup on the rotation.....I've got so many things planned, I have it through Mid August and in the margin, I'm writing all the things I've thought of that I want to put on the next incarnation of the dinner planning list.
I should put it on too. But... for me it's more of a cool weather item. So not for a bit. Tomorrow is chops I think and the next day will be a new stew... which is also a cool weather recipe, so don't hold me to any semblance of logic!!!
I went through a little roasting phase, where I tried almost everything but spinach, green beans or broccoli. I think the one that came out the best was zucchini chunks, quartered tomatoes, and red onions. That was a nice flavor profile.
That does sound good. :)
Ours are restricted to outdoor dining only. They are all building patios and such where the street parking used to be. Some of the areas of the city are now surreal, as if we are turning into Paris! :laughing:
Well, if it works and helps save some restaurants...
they were releasing a new mug at Trader Sam’s so of course we went out there to pick one up!
One???
We sure would have liked to stick around and enjoy some beverages and appetizers at Trader Sam's, but unfortunately we had to remain sober that day.
Boring!
<Stops reading>

Who am I kidding. You know how much I drink!
The trip had been planned for several months, and they were flying on Wednesday.
<sigh>.... flying... from Canada...
The birth mother of their daughter had the gal’s passport and had been dragging her feet about handing it over to them.
Well come Monday, she finally admitted that she had lost the thing, so daughter and father spent Tuesday down in Vancouver filing the paperwork and such so that it would be ready Wednesday morning before their afternoon flight.
Oh, come on! That's a really crappy thing to do. Even if unintentional.
Well they got to the passport office Wednesday morning and it seems that the entire Canadian passport system was down.

Nationwide.
:eek:
The deadline hit and Allyson flew to LAX while Dorian and their daughter went back to the passport office, which was now up and running.
Fran offered to pick them up at the airport.
You guys are really good about doing that. Didn't you pick up Kari when I was there last?
when Dorian got to the airport to catch his replacement flight, they couldn’t find his reservation.
Oh, come on...
So our first ride was the Astro Blasters. Allyson suggested this one. I’d never been on it.
Nor have I. But... it doesn't look quite as crowded as I thought it would be. Maybe I'll give it a try... more for the photos and to say I've done it.
Good thing because that was the last time I would be riding this ride. I nearly peed myself trying to get out of the ride vehicle. :laughing:
Our next ride was the potty ride for sure!
We met up with Ariel next, when Allyson and I met with her it was nothing special, just smiles and giggles.
That's not so bad. :)
Did she talk about me?
And from that point she couldn’t stop talking about how brave she must be to have defeated a shark!
:goodvibes She must've loved that!
We headed over to the Matterhorn, but I sat this one out.
Should ride this one too. My neck and back are both stronger than they have been, so am willing to risk it.
even though Allyson had put his name on the reservation, and told the front desk he would be there to pick up a key, they were giving him a hassle.
This just keeps going and going and going and...
Allyson had brought me several bottles of local Ice Wine
Inniskillin?
While they are known for their Fried Chicken,
they also have a number of entrees suitable for Pescatarians
Good to know if I ever bring my oldest down. Which if this stupid virus ever ends, is a possibility.
Because Dorian is a HUGE Star Wars fan, we purposely waited until he caught up with us to go to Galaxy’s Edge or Batuu.
Oh! Yes, you have to!
Dorian had to be the pilot,
Definitely!
I’m not sure, but I was so tired I fell asleep in the car.
:) You do that from time to time.
So we stopped to have a drink.
And judging from the drink alone, I know just where you went. :)
I was going home, and they were going to see WoC. Little did we know that the show had started earlier due to a special private party giveaway event hosted by a local radio station. They caught the tail end of the show.
Well, poop.

I am here for the bonus features!!!

Oh my gaaaawwwwdddd I miss cocktails at Disney and Plaza Inn fried chicken. Can't wait until its safe to go back. Looks like a super fun day!

Sorry for being absent for such a long time. I have been reading along, but didn't feel up to anything else.
Comment on the last update: Sounds like a great day, despite the passport troubles! What a shame about WoC - that was such a treat when we saw it.

What a series of headaches for your poor friends!!! Glad they were all able to meet up with you in the end, and didn't even miss out on lunch :) Though I don't really care for cake, I always love checking out what Disney bakers can do with cupcakes, etc. That little Christmas cake is just as cute as could be!

Okay, I get it. Also get the "don't touch" think. Oh, how I wish my DW would learn that. <sigh>

Waaaaaay back when at the old house, I thought I was helping by putting things away so that the house was not cluttered. Now there is no place to put anything away, they're all full already.

::yes:: That would count for a lot. Would you fly or drive?

Oh totally drive. It's only like 375 miles and Fran hates to be without a car, and she despises renting them.

You save them from Prime Ribs>?!?!???
OMG, I never thought of that! Then again, I rarely have prime rib.

We buy half a dozen every year when they go on sale around Thanksgiving/Christmas. I've been buying the "one bone" versions, which could also be called Cowboy steaks, but I roast them in the same way that I would do a two or three bone roast. In fact I have that on the schedule for about a week from now.

Shoot. Looks like Fran is not on my friend list, then. Because I've never seen that.

I checked and you are on her friend list. You probably ignored it mixed in with all the "Paw Boost Alerts" that she posts for lost cats.

I should put it on too. But... for me it's more of a cool weather item. So not for a bit. Tomorrow is chops I think and the next day will be a new stew... which is also a cool weather recipe, so don't hold me to any semblance of logic!!!

Since our house is heavily air conditioned and we rarely go outside, it doesn't make any difference to me. I'm making a corn chowder tonight. About 10 months ago I made the mistake of showing Fran a site called soups online. I asked her to buy one, just one package of soup that we had purchased at a store near my parents house that we can't get down here. Well nearly 50 packets of soup later and I'm still trying to use them up.

That does sound good. :)

You should try it, just toss the zucchini, tomatoes and onion in some olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for about 20-25 minutes.

Well, if it works and helps save some restaurants...

I have a feeling that this might be one of those "changes" that I alluded to that will be different post covid. Back before this really hit us, I knew it would be completely different going forward, but had no idea what those would be. Outdoor dining in So Cal may really take off after this. I don't see how a lot of places will go back.

OK, maybe we got two each of the new mug and a bunch of the old ones they were trying to pawn off....

Boring!
<Stops reading>

Who am I kidding. You know how much I drink!

Yes and I won't make any comparisons as I may incriminate myself. :laughing:

<sigh>.... flying... from Canada...

Flying....anywhere!

Oh, come on! That's a really crappy thing to do. Even if unintentional.

:confused3

You guys are really good about doing that. Didn't you pick up Kari when I was there last?

From her hotel near Disney. That's actually closer.

Nor have I. But... it doesn't look quite as crowded as I thought it would be. Maybe I'll give it a try... more for the photos and to say I've done it.

Well, I'm done with it.

That's not so bad. :)
Did she talk about me?

No. Not at all. :lmao:

:goodvibes She must've loved that!

I'm not sure, I think she was more embarassed.

Should ride this one too. My neck and back are both stronger than they have been, so am willing to risk it.

I'd ride it with you.

This just keeps going and going and going and...

Which is why i kept telling you about it, so ridiculous!

Inniskillin?

No that's Niagara on the Lake, this was local to BC.

Good to know if I ever bring my oldest down. Which if this stupid virus ever ends, is a possibility.

Let's hope it eventually ends. Trump either dies of gets voted out of office

:) You do that from time to time.

Yes, touring Disney is exhausting.

And judging from the drink alone, I know just where you went. :)

Actually that was Dorian's drink a Manhattan, but you are correct, it looks very similar to my favorite drink at that same establishment.

And since I started this reply we are again now not fully rented. We just got notice today on one of our apartments where a guy who lives in Riverside had rented an apartment as a "crash pad" so he didn't have to drive home from Long Beach every night. Now that everyone is "working from home", he gave notice and is moving out. So again we have a vacancy. 😡

Waaaaaay back when at the old house, I thought I was helping by putting things away so that the house was not cluttered. Now there is no place to put anything away, they're all full already.
Time to buy another house!

:duck:
Oh totally drive. It's only like 375 miles and Fran hates to be without a car, and she despises renting them.
Ah! Yeah, that's not bad at all.
We buy half a dozen every year when they go on sale around Thanksgiving/Christmas. I've been buying the "one bone" versions, which could also be called Cowboy steaks, but I roast them in the same way that I would do a two or three bone roast. In fact I have that on the schedule for about a week from now.
I have never seen them go on sale up here. Never.
I checked and you are on her friend list. You probably ignored it mixed in with all the "Paw Boost Alerts" that she posts for lost cats.
Odd... Then again, I am not on there very much at all. I look at one or two posts that are at the top of the feed and that's about it. I comment even less.
About 10 months ago I made the mistake of showing Fran a site called soups online. I asked her to buy one, just one package of soup that we had purchased at a store near my parents house that we can't get down here. Well nearly 50 packets of soup later and I'm still trying to use them up.
You should try it, just toss the zucchini, tomatoes and onion in some olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for about 20-25 minutes.
Except... neither of the DDs would eat it. I hate cooking two separate meals... which I already do more often that not as Elle is pescatarian.

Hmmm.... maybe.... We'll see.
Roast at 350?
OK, maybe we got two each of the new mug and a bunch of the old ones they were trying to pawn off....
:laughing: Knew it!
Yes and I won't make any comparisons as I may incriminate myself. :laughing:
:rolleyes1
Flying....anywhere!
Yeah... :(
Waiting to tell him that there's no passport 2 days before the trip. Either was trying to sabotage it, or just clueless about travel.
From her hotel near Disney. That's actually closer.
Still... Nice of you guys.
No. Not at all. :lmao:
Probably misses me too much to talk about it, poor thing.
I'm not sure, I think she was more embarassed.
Even better!
I'd ride it with you.
Deal! :goodvibes
No that's Niagara on the Lake, this was local to BC.
D'oh! And I've even been there. :sad2:
Let's hope it eventually ends. Trump either dies of gets voted out of office
It is what it is.

:rolleyes1
Actually that was Dorian's drink a Manhattan, but you are correct, it looks very similar to my favorite drink at that same establishment.
Ah.
And since I started this reply we are again now not fully rented.
Well, poop.
Now that everyone is "working from home", he gave notice and is moving out. So again we have a vacancy. 😡
Hope you can get it rented soon. Good luck with it.

so daughter and father spent Tuesday down in Vancouver filing the paperwork and such so that it would be ready Wednesday morning before their afternoon flight.

Man that was a heck of a lesson for Maria on so so so so so many levels- main one being resiliency, and never giving up...

Nationwide.

The main issue was that the printers of the passports are controlled by a central system in Ottawa- so while they could process stuff (do all the checks etc) they couldn't actually print passports till the system came up...and turns out there is no back up plan- no intermediary document or passport...awesome...not.

The deadline hit and Allyson flew to LAX while Dorian and their daughter went back to the passport office, which was now up and running.

They actually had to drive in to downtown Vancouver to get the passport done there now, as that office had the only printer that had come up...so we went from Surrey, to Richmond where the airport is, dropped me off, then in to Vancouver...thankfully the people at the Surrey office had called down and let them know that D & M were on their way- I gotta say that all parties did want to see this girl get to Disneyland...it did cost us a second application fee and rush fee..I'm not going to go in to how much that annoyed me also.

Fran offered to pick them up at the airport.

Bless her heart man...after all the crazy craziness, he was so thrilled to talk her ear off

Dorian got to the airport to catch his replacement flight, they couldn’t find his reservation. I’m not sure how they got everything sorted out, but they did. It was yet another hassle that they didn’t need.

They moved them on to a brand new reservation turns out...so he was trying to check in under the old reservation info and of course that didn't work. A supervisor found them right away thankfully.

Luckily Allyson got a few pictures that I was able to add to this update!

Some...funny how we both didn't take that many photos..just really did enjoy the day after all the stress.

It was fun, I tried to take a selfie and nearly dropped my phone so I gave up, but she got a few pictures.

Actually I think almost dropped it when I distracted you by yelling at you to look at me as I was taking your pic :lmao:

I nearly peed myself trying to get out of the ride vehicle. :laughing:

I did warn you that they were insanely hard to get out of LOL

Ella looks like exactly how she describes the trip- "oh wow" "oh Disneyland is so amazing"
Not sure what I'm doing...

We may have gone on Buzz Lightyear, but I know that we stayed on the East side of the park before deciding to visit the princesses.

I can't remember honestly what else we did...we may have done Star Tours, but even that I'm not sure about...

more later!

But when her niece met up with Ariel, she noticed her shark’s tooth necklace.

This was def one of my best character experiences, best princess one for sure!
Ella was so skeptical/didn't understand Disneyland at all really, and these sort of experiences really made her trip!

She also asked if Ella would be one of her best friends forever and that her other friends would love to meet her and how strong she looked.

I think Ella did tell her about the sports she played, including swim team, which Ariel loved of course!

We headed over to the Matterhorn, but I sat this one out. I’m hit or miss for that ride, and wasn’t feeling up to it that day.

I enjoy it, but I do miss the honour system cuddle seats 😀

Allyson had put his name on the reservation, and told the front desk he would be there to pick up a key, they were giving him a hassle.

Apparently they had changed the reservation back to my maiden name when they added my points number or something...of course part of the journey couldn't be smooth...

Allyson had brought me several bottles of local Ice Wine (which I still need to drink!)

I hope you enjoy it, but not too too much as who knows when I will actually be able to bring you more :(

This chicken was just spot on too, nice and crispy...mmm now I really want fried chicken and I don't think there's anywhere here to get it

I liked the one Allyson and I picked the best. It had kind of a minty chocolate flavor to it.

Chocolate and mint are one of my fav flavours, I'm pretty sure I polished this bad boy off when everyone was full :sorrynotsorry:

Because Dorian is a HUGE Star Wars fan

HUGE indeed, huge indeed...I will have to see if I can figure out a way to send you a cameo I got him for our anniversary, done by one of the actors who is in Mandelorian, and who is the main C3P0 with Anthony Daniels starting to pull back in the role.

I didn’t take any pictures, sorry.

I didn't really either, I do have lots from the next day when we went back, but we mainly just enjoyed this visit

Dorian had to be the pilot, I don’t remember what I got, probably Engineer.

I wish I'd been able to get a photo of the sheer joy on this man's face when he sat down to fly the Falcon...but those of you who have experienced the ride know the urgency the CM's have in getting you in and buckled up...

My main thing about the Falcon is that the gunner position should have sweet swiveling chair that Luke fires in...

We decided that it would be best to wait for the two of them while enjoying lunch

Thinking back, before lunch I think I also may have dragged you on IASW Holiday, and I think we did PP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!