The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

Day 9

Woke up this morning at 6:15. Did a quick calculation in my head of when we had to leave and we had three hours. I rolled back over and went to sleep for a few more minutes. I decided I would take a bath again this morning. My legs were still sore and figured I needed a make up tub from two nights before. I looked out the window and it was REALLY foggy, remember the view from the day before?

I waited until GMA came on at 7 to see if there was any news, and after listening to their top of the broadcast tease, one of the stories was who was going to win "Best in Show" at the Westminister Dog Show.

Obviously it was going to be a slow news day.

After the bath, I sat around cooling down playing Mahjong before I decided it was time for coffee and V8. We didn't want to spoil our appetites today since we had Fran's favorite breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I also got out one of the suitcases while Fran got dressed and started putting away clothes that we weren't going to be wearing in the next couple days.

We got out of the room only about 10-15 minutes late, but we made up for that because as soon as we pulled up to the bus stop a MK bus arrived. I heard someone say one of the nicest things I've heard from another guest. A father said to his daughter. "Hold on sweetie, we have to let the people who need the ramp get on first." Wow! Maybe not everyone is glaring at us!

At MK there was a HUGE line at security. I suggested that it might be faster to take the path to the Contemporary and board there, but we stuck it out. As we got close to the front, Fran agreed that I might have had a good idea. We would remember next time.

Finally through security, we scooted over to the monorail where there was already a train, but it was full so we had to wait for the next one. We were still OK on time, so hopefully we wouldn't be late for our reservation.

We weren't. They were running about 15 minutes late so we just waited until they could seat us.

Mary Poppins came by first before we had a chance to go up to the buffet.

Pooh was quick on her heels so I waited for him.

I wasn't feeling eggish or breakfast burrito-ish so I just went right to my Mickey Waffle course.

Fran got herself a plate of food.

I got myself a bowl of strawberry soup.

Fran asked me to get her an egg Benedict with extra hollandaise.

And then Alice came by

Then the Mad Hatter. He wasn't nearly as much fun as the Hatter in October, but you can't win them all.

I got some bread pudding and fruit. I sure wish I could eat like I used to. I barely had anything this day.

Then Tigger came around.

Fran got herself one last plate, and it appears that I neglected to take a picture of it.

As we were leaving, a nice lady offered to take a picture of the two of us since we didn’t get any together with the characters.

Then we left for MK. City Hall was under renovation.

This was not a happy visit. At all.

Our first FP was for HM. They used to make exceptions for disabled visitors by letting them go in a back door and miss the long queue, however this time they wouldn't budge. She either had to get a manual wheelchair (they didn't say how she was supposed to operate it, they just assumed someone in her party would push, what if she was a solo traveler?) and traverse the queue that way. Well Fran is not someone who will be pushed in a manual chair so she tried to walk the queue, but it was too much for her and about halfway to the entrance she turned back and said, "This is too far for me to walk". I was sad to ride the ride all by myself, but I hadn’t been on it in this version for a long time, so I rode it.

I rode by myself, and it was very lonely. Clearly I was more interested in the shutter speed than posing for the picture…..

Even though it’s not a great shot, I think that this is my first ever graveyard shot to come out not completely blurry.

When I got off the ride she had texted me where to find her. It was really hot. My next FP was for 7DMT, but I really wasn't feeling it.

She insisted I go on it and tried to get me to do it twice. Once was plenty. The hot air rushing over my face actually made me nauseous. Really on 7DMT? So we turned around and went back to the room. The next day I realized that I was probably dehydrated. I didn’t drink any water, just POG and coffee during our breakfast at 1900 PF, and so being full, and not hydrated made me feel icky.

On the way out of the park I looked for that castle zoom PP shot, but there wasn’t a photographer in the spot so we gave up on it.

We did stop for a few PP pictures on the way out since I knew this would be our last trip to MK this trip.

Back in the room Fran went right to sleep.

And I’ll just leave this off right here for now. There isn’t a lot of days left, and I need to start catching up on my bonus features which I will use to kill time after I finish this TR.

What a great update Allison! I can't believe that HM was so strict with the wheelchair and that's a great question, what if she was a solo traveler! The rug picture, I had to look at for a couple minutes before I saw the FAB 5! How cool is that!!!

I hope you guys are well and safe! Looking forward to the next update while I kill time until my Labor Day trip to the Riviera! It will certainly be a different kind of trip but we're going to make the most of it!

as soon as we pulled up to the bus stop a MK bus arrived. I heard someone say one of the nicest things I've heard from another guest. A father said to his daughter. "Hold on sweetie, we have to let the people who need the ramp get on first." Wow! Maybe not everyone is glaring at us!
That really is nice to hear!! Much better than the alternative sighing and turning their noses up at people who are waiting with their scooters. Lord knows I've seen enough of that. I never understand it either. We'll all make it to the parks eventually, people!

z20MU0211BCM02.jpg
I was going to say how adorable this dress is based on this first photo, and I fell more in love with it as I saw the rest of it!! Love that it's an Aristocats dress! I'd never seen it before. I can't make out what it says around the neck, but it's just the cutest!

Such a sweet picture!! Great way to end your last MK day, after the unpleasant HM experience and then not feeling well on top of it!

We do have the largest population. And.....with all the protests and stuff I expect to see a lot more.
We'll certainly see. I'm hoping for the best. Dreading the worst.
Well considering we pretty much only leave the house to go to the grocery store and Post Office, there isn't a huge amount of risk.
::yes::
I haven't seen any videos, just heard it described to me.
I have, and... NOPE!
Yes, I've even seen a number of shows at the Forum (the place where your limo is taking you across town.)
I'm not surprised. :)
Well, I've never been to Quebec, and now it appears it will be even longer before I get there. Although it is pretty high up there on the list.
Hope you both can get there and do get there some day.
Well....not so fast. I haven't actually found it yet. I did look while at the grocery store on Saturday.
It's sitting by my kitchen phone as we speak. :)

one of the stories was who was going to win "Best in Show" at the Westminister Dog Show.

Man bites dog! News at 11!

Have you ever seen the movie, Best In Show?
I decided it was time for coffee and V8.
I had a V8 about a week ago. I thought of you! :)
we had Fran's favorite breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.
::yes:: You guys go at least once each trip, don't you?
as soon as we pulled up to the bus stop a MK bus arrived.
Good timing! :)
A father said to his daughter. "Hold on sweetie, we have to let the people who need the ramp get on first." Wow! Maybe not everyone is glaring at us!
Well halleluiah! Finally a good experience for you guys.
It really bothers me that you feel you get dirty looks.
At MK there was a HUGE line at security. I suggested that it might be faster to take the path to the Contemporary and board there, but we stuck it out.
Unless I'm mistaken, you have to go through security to get on the path to the Contemporary. So (if that's the case) it wouldn't save you time.
Mary Poppins came by first before we had a chance to go up to the buffet.
Cute shot of the two of you. Practically perfect!
I got myself a bowl of strawberry soup.
As did Fran, of course. :)
Some day I have to try this soup you keep raving about. :)
Fran asked me to get her an egg Benedict with extra hollandaise.
Because Fran is smart.

I have to stop saying that.

Nah.
Then the Mad Hatter. He wasn't nearly as much fun as the Hatter in October, but you can't win them all.
Ah well. :)
Fran got herself one last plate, and it appears that I neglected to take a picture of it
What?!?!??!?!?!
:(
Our first FP was for HM. They used to make exceptions for disabled visitors by letting them go in a back door and miss the long queue, however this time they wouldn't budge. She either had to get a manual wheelchair (they didn't say how she was supposed to operate it, they just assumed someone in her party would push, what if she was a solo traveler?)
Hmmm...
It's easy to armchair quarterback, but...
"Oh, thank you for offering to push the wheelchair for us! That's very generous of you... What's that? You aren't going to push it? Oh, so someone at the wheelchair rental will? No? So just to get my facts right, you are saying that you will not allow disabled guests to ride HM. Thank you, I'll let guest services know how informative you were!"

You may have guessed this ticks me off.
Well Fran is not someone who will be pushed in a manual chair so she tried to walk the queue, but it was too much for her and about halfway to the entrance she turned back and said, "This is too far for me to walk". I was sad to ride the ride all by myself, but I hadn’t been on it in this version for a long time, so I rode it.
:(
Even though it’s not a great shot, I think that this is my first ever graveyard shot to come out not completely blurry.
You got a lot of really great shots!
Clearly I was more interested in the shutter speed than posing for the picture…..
:laughing:
My next FP was for 7DMT, but I really wasn't feeling it.
Yet, you seem happy enough in the photos.
The hot air rushing over my face actually made me nauseous.
:( Not okay.
The next day I realized that I was probably dehydrated. I didn’t drink any water, just POG and coffee during our breakfast at 1900 PF, and so being full, and not hydrated made me feel icky.
Ohhh... could be!
We did stop for a few PP pictures on the way out
Cute shots of you guys. Especially the last one. :)

Absolutely love that dress!

Not very magical treatment at HM!

Lovely picture of the two of you in front of the castle!

I waited until GMA came on at 7 to see if there was any news, and after listening to their top of the broadcast tease, one of the stories was who was going to win "Best in Show" at the Westminister Dog Show.

That's an understatement! Wish the news was that boring now.

At MK there was a HUGE line at security.

Ugh. I hope this is one thing they've worked on addressing during the break. Every security line is terrible.

If I had to wear that ridiculous nose all day, I probably wouldn't be much fun either.

Uh oh.

They used to make exceptions for disabled visitors by letting them go in a back door and miss the long queue, however this time they wouldn't budge. She either had to get a manual wheelchair (they didn't say how she was supposed to operate it, they just assumed someone in her party would push, what if she was a solo traveler?) and traverse the queue that way. Well Fran is not someone who will be pushed in a manual chair so she tried to walk the queue, but it was too much for her and about halfway to the entrance she turned back and said, "This is too far for me to walk". I was sad to ride the ride all by myself, but I hadn’t been on it in this version for a long time, so I rode it.

Wow. I wonder what changed? That seems like a ridiculous expectation on their behalf.

Congratulations!

The hot air rushing over my face actually made me nauseous.

Yikes. This doesn't sound good at all.

The next day I realized that I was probably dehydrated.

Ah. Yeah, that'll do it. Easy to get that way in the Florida heat.

Back in the room Fran went right to sleep.

I thought you would, too!

What a great update Alison! I can't believe that HM was so strict with the wheelchair and that's a great question, what if she was a solo traveler!

That whole HM situation was very upsetting. DL accommodates their guests so much better.

The rug picture, I had to look at for a couple minutes before I saw the FAB 5! How cool is that!!!

It took us a while too, but it was one of the few cool Disney touches we noticed.

I hope you guys are well and safe!

We are staying pretty safe and put. We only go out for grocery trips and the post office. We've been doing some takeout and curbside pickup, but we've rarely seen other people, and interacted live with people.

Looking forward to the next update while I kill time until my Labor Day trip to the Riviera! It will certainly be a different kind of trip but we're going to make the most of it!

The next update is all ready to go. I just need to keep up on replies! Catching up there is my biggest problem. Then again I'm trying to keep up on the few folks who are still writing TRs.

Yeah, Gale seems to be getting older and less reliable..... :sad2:
Well dang!

I usually like my leftovers just to be the soup. Turns out I got a bunch of leftovers, a second Shabu meal and my soup and half of Fran's soup.
That's a lot!

Well I didn't mention that state taxes. :rolleyes1

It's California; there will ALWAYS be those. And high ones at that.

At this point with everything thats been going on i think we're in for a serious spike.

A spike was always going to happen. :) That was predicted and prapared for. Time will tell if the phased openings keep it from overwhelming the hospitals. I am hopeful they will especially now that it's been determined that asymptomatic transmission is very rare.

I doubt it. The cough was way too soin.6

I think there is growing evidence of it being around LONG before March- even prior to the New Year.

Well light rarely applies to dessert.

This is a truism! :)
We got out of the room only about 10-15 minutes late, but we made up for that because as soon as we pulled up to the bus stop a MK bus arrived. I heard someone say one of the nicest things I've heard from another guest. A father said to his daughter. "Hold on sweetie, we have to let the people who need the ramp get on first." Wow! Maybe not everyone is glaring at us!

Awww, that is so nice! :goodvibes
As we were leaving, a nice lady offered to take a picture of the two of us since we didn’t get any together with the characters.

And it's a good one too!

Our first FP was for HM. They used to make exceptions for disabled visitors by letting them go in a back door and miss the long queue, however this time they wouldn't budge. She either had to get a manual wheelchair (they didn't say how she was supposed to operate it, they just assumed someone in her party would push, what if she was a solo traveler?) and traverse the queue that way. Well Fran is not someone who will be pushed in a manual chair so she tried to walk the queue, but it was too much for her and about halfway to the entrance she turned back and said, "This is too far for me to walk". I was sad to ride the ride all by myself, but I hadn’t been on it in this version for a long time, so I rode it.

This makes me angry. How on earth is someone, like you say, a solo traveler supposed to enjoy the attraction?

LOVE how this shot came out!!! WOW! The sepia tones are amazing! Did you add that effect?

She insisted I go on it and tried to get me to do it twice. Once was plenty. The hot air rushing over my face actually made me nauseous. Really on 7DMT? So we turned around and went back to the room. The next day I realized that I was probably dehydrated. I didn’t drink any water, just POG and coffee during our breakfast at 1900 PF, and so being full, and not hydrated made me feel icky.

Oh oh. :( Not a good combination.

That really is nice to hear!! Much better than the alternative sighing and turning their noses up at people who are waiting with their scooters.

OK, so I'm not imagining it! @pkondz keeps asking me if people really do this, and I haven't seen it as much as I used to, and I started questioning myself as to whether I was making it all up.

Lord knows I've seen enough of that. I never understand it either. We'll all make it to the parks eventually, people!

I just don't even look at the people anymore, and just bury myself in my phone until the driver is ready for me.

I was going to say how adorable this dress is based on this first photo, and I fell more in love with it as I saw the rest of it!! Love that it's an Aristocats dress! I'd never seen it before. I can't make out what it says around the neck, but it's just the cutest!

It came out in December I think and I bought it and the corresponding purses the second day it was available. The Aristocats is one of my favorite movies. Around the neck it says, "Because I'm a lady! That's why!"

Such a sweet picture!! Great way to end your last MK day, after the unpleasant HM experience and then not feeling well on top of it!

I'm a good actress! :laughing:

OK, so I'm not imagining it! @pkondz keeps asking me if people really do this, and I haven't seen it as much as I used to, and I started questioning myself as to whether I was making it all up.
There will always be ignorant people, unfortunately. People who get angry because they have to stand in line, or because the bus doesn't drop them off at their door instead of the main building. People who... oh... nevermind. You know the type. I categorize people turning their noses up at a person with a disability getting on a bus in about the same category.

Hope you both can get there and do get there some day.

Me too. Like you I'm not planning anything. At all. We haven't even gone to a restaurant for dine in, and that opened up two weeks ago.

It's sitting by my kitchen phone as we speak. :)

What is this "kitchen phone" you speak of? I have a vague recollection of such a thing in my youth....

Man bites dog! News at 11!

Have you ever seen the movie, Best In Show?

No. I haven'. But I feel like I should add that to my quarantine movie list, in honor of Fred Willard.

I had a V8 about a week ago. I thought of you! :)

Awww. Thanks. :blush: We have it nearly every day.

::yes:: You guys go at least once each trip, don't you?

The only one we didn't (since discovering it) was the cruise trip we had to cut short due to her wanting to come home to see John Williams.

Well halleluiah! Finally a good experience for you guys.
It really bothers me that you feel you get dirty looks.

I was actually astonished to hear that. I should have turned around and thanked him, but I was so stunned I didn't know what to say.

Unless I'm mistaken, you have to go through security to get on the path to the Contemporary. So (if that's the case) it wouldn't save you time.

I'm pretty sure there was some way to get to the Contemporary without having to do security. Maybe by taking those crosswalks near your writing "Path to CR".

Cute shot of the two of you. Practically perfect!

Awwww.... Indubitably

As did Fran, of course. :)
Some day I have to try this soup you keep raving about. :)

The recipe is on my cookbook website.

Because Fran is smart.

I have to stop saying that.

Nah.

What?!?!??!?!?!

I know. Epic fail. Hangs head in shame.

Hmmm...
It's easy to armchair quarterback, but...
"Oh, thank you for offering to push the wheelchair for us! That's very generous of you... What's that? You aren't going to push it? Oh, so someone at the wheelchair rental will? No? So just to get my facts right, you are saying that you will not allow disabled guests to ride HM. Thank you, I'll let guest services know how informative you were!"

You may have guessed this ticks me off.

They handle this so much better in Anaheim.

You got a lot of really great shots!

Thanks!

Yet, you seem happy enough in the photos.

It was still fun, but once I got off the ride, the queasiness amplified.

Cute shots of you guys. Especially the last one. :)

Thanks.

There will always be ignorant people, unfortunately. People who get angry because they have to stand in line, or because the bus doesn't drop them off at their door instead of the main building. People who... oh... nevermind. You know the type. I categorize people turning their noses up at a person with a disability getting on a bus in about the same category.

Which is why I generally ignore them and bury myself in my phone or tablet until its my time to load.

Coming out of lurkdom to say, I am addicted to your trip reports! I’ve read 4 or 5 of them so far, one each night before going to sleep. Your reports are sweet, funny and I always learn a thing or two, whether Disney related or other (loved your steamboat museum post(s))

So angry about how the Haunted Mansion treated Fran! Not nice!!!

Keep on doing your thing!❤️

I looked out the window and it was REALLY foggy, remember the view from the day before?

Really is right, wowzas!!

one of the stories was who was going to win "Best in Show" at the Westminister Dog Show.

Oddly, I enjoy watching Westminster if I happen to catch it.

A father said to his daughter. "Hold on sweetie, we have to let the people who need the ramp get on first."

Nice! D would be just the same.

Yesss! I've been waiting for this dress! It's a nice style on you!

Pooh was quick on her heels so I waited for him.

Awww! and thanks Fran for catching the bottom of the dress- so pretty!

Nice little taster of good stuff.

I really gotta try making it one of these days.

He looks like he likes the dress too!

They used to make exceptions for disabled visitors by letting them go in a back door and miss the long queue

Wow! No way I would have been able to walk it the time I was at MK, I remember that D was able to push me right up, but ya what about those that can't, or are alone??

This totally cracked me up!!

Nice work!

Forced smile ;)

Nice one, and the money shot of the dress! Is Fran wearing a Toads hat?

Me too. Like you I'm not planning anything. At all. We haven't even gone to a restaurant for dine in, and that opened up two weeks ago.
I did go the other day. I had told Vanessa (vamassey1) that I'd try the spicy chicken, so I did. I ate inside. And... it felt strangely wonderful.
What is this "kitchen phone" you speak of? I have a vague recollection of such a thing in my youth....
No. I haven'. But I feel like I should add that to my quarantine movie list, in honor of Fred Willard.
Good idea. He was pretty funny in that.
The only one we didn't (since discovering it) was the cruise trip we had to cut short due to her wanting to come home to see John Williams.
Right. But you cut it short, not like you skipped it while being able to go still.
I was actually astonished to hear that. I should have turned around and thanked him, but I was so stunned I didn't know what to say.
I get that. :)
I'm pretty sure there was some way to get to the Contemporary without having to do security. Maybe by taking those crosswalks near your writing "Path to CR".
I see those now. I got the feeling that they were for bus staff. But maybe you're right. I tried doing a Google street view, but there's none there.
The recipe is on my cookbook website.
It's not the same, but thanks. :)
They handle this so much better in Anaheim.
Obviously. They let you on!
It was still fun, but once I got off the ride, the queasiness amplified.
Ah.
Which is why I generally ignore them and bury myself in my phone or tablet until its my time to load.
Probably a good idea. Certainly arguing with them would be a waste of time.

That's an understatement! Wish the news was that boring now.

Really! However, I don't see it letting up anytime soon. :sad2:

Ugh. I hope this is one thing they've worked on addressing during the break. Every security line is terrible.

Well, if they open at 10-25% of capacity, security shouldn't be a problem.

If I had to wear that ridiculous nose all day, I probably wouldn't be much fun either.

Wow. I wonder what changed? That seems like a ridiculous expectation on their behalf.

I have no idea, but year, it seems absolutely ridiculous.

Yikes. This doesn't sound good at all.

No, I didn't feel very good. 🤢

Ah. Yeah, that'll do it. Easy to get that way in the Florida heat.

I drank a lot of water on the bus ride home.

I thought you would, too!

I had a plan/mission coming up, you'll see in the next update.

It's California; there will ALWAYS be those. And high ones at that.

:sad2:

Awww, that is so nice! :goodvibes

It took me completely by surprise!

And it's a good one too!

Thanks!

This makes me angry. How on earth is someone, like you say, a solo traveler supposed to enjoy the attraction?

Yeah, I was parking my scooter while this transpired. They couldn't have known whether or not she had someone with her.

LOVE how this shot came out!!! WOW! The sepia tones are amazing! Did you add that effect?

Actually I didn't do anything. The only adjustments that I make to my shots are cropping, or taking out people or other unwanted items. I don't adjust the lighting. Well maybe I will brighten up a shot if it's too dark, but that's it.

Oh oh. :( Not a good combination.

No, but I pounded the water on the way back to the room so that helped.

Coming out of lurkdom to say, I am addicted to your trip reports!

:welcome:

I’ve read 4 or 5 of them so far, one each night before going to sleep. Your reports are sweet, funny and I always learn a thing or two, whether Disney related or other (loved your steamboat museum post(s))

Wow! That's dedication! I had forgotten about that steamboat museum and that was only two years ago! :laughing:

So angry about how the Haunted Mansion treated Fran! Not nice!!!

No, it was handled very poorly.

Keep on doing your thing!❤

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter