The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

Hi! I’ve followed along with a couple of your trip reports to get my Disney fix though I never commented. Was your beaches and cream reservation last Thursday? I think I saw you on your way out!

:welcome:

I'm glad you came out of lurkdom! It's so much more fun when people comment! Please continue to do so!

Yes it was Thursday, there were three of us, around 6:30-7:00PM.

I’m here! :woohoo:

Great start!

:welcome: Yay Jenny!

I’m here!

Jill in CO

:welcome: Yay Jill!

I'm here ready to read along. Good news on the room upgrade.

:welcome: Glad to have you here Judy! We will reserve judgement on the whole "good news" part.

Here for the fun! What no jacuzzi tub for you?😥

Well it's not a Jacuzzi tub, but I took this picture for you on the last day just before we left. It's a "Bubble tub" which has the same kinds of bubbles that my tub in the bathroom at home has. There are bubbles around the sides and jets as well at home. This tub only has the bubbles. It's hard to see and I had to zoom in.

Those little black dots are where the bubbles come out.

And like my tub at home, about 20 mins after the tub, it clears itself out.

I think we're going in February next year.

So far we only have plans for October, but that could change at any moment. We should figure out March....

Joining in!

Last edited:
I am here - and my spy already told me about the story behind the title!! Looking forward to read about it from you!

But just to get ahead of myself a little bit here. They searched every one of my suitcases and you know what? They locked every single one of them back up! How many of you get your bags searched and not locked back up?

I never had issues with suitcase not being locked again, but I am impressed that your little not helped. The funny thing for us is that it is always Michael's suitcase that gets searched. Mine only now and then. And when we flew from Hawaii to LA mine not being searched seemed to be the reason why it was delayed. They had troubles at the airport with the luggage system and I think the TSA took great care of expediting those suitcases that they searched while the others just sat.

It took nearly half an hour just to get to our terminal!

It was a nightmare at LAX when Michael dropped me off there in November! What a mess with all the building works they do there.

No box cutter nightmare here

I had to laugh so much at this story! How the hell did she get through security - twice I would think unless she picked them up in Orlando - before?

I always get so fun struck when I can see my house from the plane. OK maybe I didn’t actually see my house, but I did see my neighborhood and could make out the busy street that runs behind my house. See that little yellow circle that’s the proximity of where my house is located.

I was looking at Long Beach in November, too - and wondering where the area is where you live. Now I know!

Their scanners were down and they were checking manual confirmations. I had left mine at home. Normally I make a little folder with all the details and confirmations from our trip, and place those in sheet protectors, but I didn't have the time for that.

This would have been Michael's moment to shine. He always has every single paper related to the trip and is sad when I am quicker with my electronic stuff.

It was Michael @Flosbolna's husband who echoed my thoughts. "They likely are using the SSR renovations as a handy excuse to move Guests they feel are most likely to spend on Riviera."

Yes, I do love my Mr Cynical about Disney...

I was so relieved that there were separate washer and dryers, and that they were full size!

But why didn't they stack them? Seems like a waste of space.

All in all I have to say that the one bedroom layout is not to my liking. It feels like you have a couch in the kitchen with the kitchen just being a long line... I would hope that the microwave on the countertop was only to make the villa accessible. Otherwise it seems a useless waste of space... Oh - that might be the reason why washer and drier weren't stacked?

I'm here! Nice on the move from SSR but oh what a hassle with the OL/Groceries/Luggage especially when it was supposed to be taken care of. It just feels better to get settled in!

:welcome: I had a sinking feeling when the phone call came in that it was going to be a super hassle.

Here's another one joining in..........

:welcome: And please join in on the comments! It makes it so much more fun!

I got a notification you posted! I am determined not to fall behind! #LoyalCrew :lmao:

You can do it! :thumbsup2

I’m here. I can’t wait for this one..

:welcome: So lovely to see you here Ellen!

She was going to send us to the Riviera! On SSR point values!
That sounds like a nice surprise. I hope you enjoyed it overall.
I was so happy to still have a tub with bubbles!
Those little black dots are where the bubbles come out.
And like my tub at home, about 20 mins after the tub, it clears itself out.
Do you need to do any special cleaning for this type of tub? I ruled out getting a jacuzzi tub when I found out that you need to flush the lines with bleach between baths to keep it from getting moldy. I haven't seen the bubble tubs that you are describing.

::yes:: Funny how quickly that happens

You think you're going to be winging it most of the time and then you look up and it's all scheduled.

So I'm guessing you avoided the beer and chip aisles... :lmao:

No but they were all in front of me at the registers!

Well, I guess it worked then!

I was really surprised!

Not bad at all for one of your pre-departure days.

In the scheme of my life....yes.

Kind of wondered that myself... the new shiny resort had a room open so, hey, lets fill it and see if we can sell more DVC!

I have a feeling that when I was booking, they hadn't released all the inventory for fear that not all rooms would be ready.

It's all fine and good until the pump doesn't work...

Sound like the voice of experience!

I kind of wondered about that after you mentioned how hard it was to find and accessible room for the stretch of time you needed. Sorry they didn't accommodate you with the same room type that you booked, but glad it could at least work for you.

I dont think people (even in the booking area) fully understand the different levels of accessible rooms. A roll in shower is a very specific thing. They see accessible on the title of the room and view them all as "fruit", but we know that an apple is very different kind of fruit than an orange. They don't look that deep.

Well, I mean quick service fries in a restaurant that isn't busy... they've probably been sitting under a lamp for 45 minutes and complaining or taking them back would probably get you nowhere.

That's pretty much what we were thinking. Also it took laong enough for the order to come out in the first place. I didnt want to wait while they remade it.

Glad it all finally made it, but that's too bad that it was so late. I always feel like I'm better able to relax after I've unpacked and settled in for the week.

Yeah, that was super late. I was too tired to fully unpack and mostly just got what I really needed for that night.

Last edited:
I'm here!

:rotfl2: I get it. We were trying to plan to go back after traveling with my extended family, too.

I hope you get to do it. WDW in your own terms is much better than with other people.

Allrighty then.

SHE has spoken.

Yeah, your calendar filled up quickly!

:sad2: how that happens.

I mean, who doesn't?

Well except that I'm pretty much lactose intolerant, or ice cream intolerant. I generally pass out after eating it.

Hate it when that happens.

::yes::

If it's 4 hours, that mug better be packed with $1,000 bills.

Your time must be much more valuable than ours.

I'm surprised they still had some left

Well it is Southern California. All the advance planners already had their Kale and Kombucha. The procrastinators were after the beer and chips.

Yikes. That's not great.

Nope.

Hey, cool! Always fun to check out the new places.

Well, yeah, unless you sort of had plans.....

Eagle eyes!

Or just zooming in on Photoshop....

:rotfl: Michael always has a good DIsney conspiracy theory ready.

Yes he does, he can always give you a spin!

Sounds like you'd do better than I would. I'd be counting down the minutes waiting for someone to kick me out.

No they didn't kick us out.

I'm sure we'd make it work!

I'm sure you would. I didn't like the whole idea where the couch was enveloped by the Murphy bed. Then again when the couch is a sofa bed there is the same problem.

Yeah we all believe their environmental commitment....

No way! Not in a million years!

I know! Exactly!

I kind of feel like the exterior is generic and sterile, too. Not my favorite theme. The room looked really nice, though.

Yes I get what they are going for..French. which is kinda generic. It does look some a French hotel, but not sure that's where I want to stay overall.

So far we only have plans for October, but that could change at any moment. We should figure out March....

We have our family trip either February or Easter week still trying to decide. Been seeing reports of February crowds being as bad as peak times. When were you planning on going in October? I think I might have blew it and booked our ABD Rhine River cruise during that time (late September/beginning of October).

I guess we really should before we leave March 3rd or you can catch me by text during the cruise as I'll be checking during port days. :)

Here!
Back to read later, I'm catching up as I can! :)

Glad you're catching up!

I'm here! great start, Cool that you got to stay at the new resort. The room is beautiful. I do agree about the plain hallways. Can't wait to read more!

It was definitely an interesting opportunity to stay there!

Was having kinda a crumby day and then I saw you had a new Trip Report plus that adorable picture of Fran with all the kitties on her (awww) and the day got better.

Thanks.

I'm glad that I could cheer up your day!

I am in .......
Great start with a stay at RR !

Glad to have you on board!

Following along! We will be staying at the Riviera next month, though a non-dvc studio room. We had a jetted tub on our last trip at WL and that spoiled me for sure! I took long bubble baths and put my aching feet against the jets. It was lovely. I've never heard of just a bubble tub. I am intrigued! Looking forward to reading more. :)

I demand answers now!!!

Sorry, you'll have to wait as it unfolds.

What does "UY" stand for?

Use Year. There are several UYs. Almost all my points are September UY points. But my new BLT contract has an Aug UY. The points become available on the 1st of the month of your UY. Also you have to bank any unused points four months before your UY.

Other UY I'm aware of are October, December, February and April.

::yes:: I remember

Good!

I approve of this plan!

Who wouldn't!

:laughing: That's music to my ears. :)

Speaking of going back in 2020...dont you need to get some more use of that AP?

Yeah... I noticed that, last few times..

::yes::

Sometimes no plans are the best plans. Especially if you've been a few times before and there's not that need to DO ALL THE THINGS.

I'm done with "DO ALL THE THINGS". Now its do my favorite and try some new ones.

Of course. That strawberry soup isn't going to eat itself.

Darn right!

I remember you mentioning that. :)

Leave it to the Canadians to serve a huge meal with very little choices for the Vegan/Vegetarian types!

Oh! Is it in the same place?

The door is essentially the same door you used to go in, and the color scheme is similar, but that's the only things that are the same.

Oh really? I'm shocked! Shocked!

Even if I enjoy it, I still have to go lay down after eating it. :sad2:

And lived to tell the tale!

Barely

:laughing: I love this photo!

What about it? Just curious....

:eek: I'm sorry, what??? Who even are you???

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Oh! Smart idea. And...
...it worked!!

Yes! At least on the way there.....

Not bad at all. That's my normal alarm time when I work a day shift.

Ugh. I don't know how you do it.....that wasn't the last early morning.

You don't mention it, so probably not, but were you getting stressed as the time kept ticking along?

Actually I wasn't stressing because we left with plenty of time. It was later than we "set" as our time to go, but we always set that knowing we will be 30-45 minutes late. The plane was boarding at 9:10AM, and I was on the way back to the airport by 8:25AM. All the heavy lifting had been done and all we needed to do was go through security. With TSA PreCheck that's pretty easy. As long as she doesn't have box cutters in her carry ons! :lmao:

Nice service!
Glad you wound up being happy with the switch.

Did I say that I was happy with the switch? :rolleyes1

I've never done that. My house is near the edge of the city so when we come in that way, even if I'm seated on the correct side of the plane, by the time I figure out where we are, we've passed it. I've seen my folks' place a couple times though and that's fun.

Because of the location of LAX, all Eastbound flights generally take the same path which is a U turn south and then to come around the Palos Verdes peninsula, past San Pedro and Long Beach. I actually dont really pay attention after that, but we generally go northward and east because we often end up flying over the Grand Canyon.

Or maybe it's just... airport food.

No, cause the Chinese food we got in the SW terminal in Orlando in October was actually edible. We finished all of it and it was basically the same thing.

::yes:: I can see that! I love flying "Plus" on WestJet where the middle seat is empty. (Actually it has a small table buckled into it. But plenty of elbow room.)

For us it's not a matter of elbow room. We both are too big for the seats, so the only feasible person who could sit between us is a scrawny 12 year old girl. The last time we flew coach in a regular situation was home from Seattle. We had a little old lady in the window seat. I had to sit in the middle, and I ended up wrenching my back trying not to lean all over her.

This is never an issue for me as in the past I've never had a magic band with me so I've had to bring my confirmation letter along.

I just bring one from a previous trip. I keep them all in my travel dresser. I put one in my carry on for when I get there for DME.

Oh! Yeah, I can see that.

We don't need any new points. Well maybe at that new DVC they are building at the DLH. :rolleyes1

Far away. Did you find it so when going between them?

Actually they weren't that far away, but then again you've already read about half the times we visited and pretty soon, you'll hear about the other half.

That place is huge! Very nice!

We are kind of spoiled. We always stay in one bedrooms.

It does? I do see the soaker tub and it looks great, but I don't see the jets?

It's not a jetted tub. They called it a Bubble Tub. I took this picture because Angela said the same thing. You can just make out the little holes in the bottom of the tub. They put out some good bubbles.

Yeah, right. Same reason they don't wash towels unless you ask. Or change the bedding every day.
It has 100% zero to do with environment. Yes, hotels sell it to you as an enticement to do so... but it all comes down to saving money. If it was good for the environment to wash the towels twice a day... they'd say it was "hotel policy" or some such to only do them every other day.

Personally I'm happy they have done away with the little bottles. Fran steals every last one of them from every hotel we stay at. At home in my bathroom under one of the sinks I have bins FULL of them. I have them sorted into shampoo, conditioner, body wash, facial soap, body soap, lotion....I can only use the soaps because I have prescription shampoo and special conditioner. She doesnt seem to use them either so they just keep filling up and filling up. :sad2:

That is cool! Glad you had no laundry issues (mostly) this trip.

Pretty much. At least not like the one in the BCV room.

Definitely not me! What the heck!?!?

The only thing I can guess is that it's for families with young kids who make messes. But all the one bedrooms and up have them.

That place is dead!

It did perk up quite a bit when the folks from Epcot took the last of the Skyliner back to the hotel.

Um... those look... unappetizing.

I thought of you when I saw these and thought, "I'm sure pkondz could make a better one."

This is the first time I've seen "can" and "wine" in a single sentence.

Actually it was a fellow Canadian of yours who got me to try wine in a can. Allyson in BC takes cans of wine out when she and her friends or DH are riding their horses.

Ew. Cold fries. Gross.

::yes:: gross

Interesting comment. I typically don't really care about the hallways. (Although I do notice if they're nicer or not.)

Well the halls at AKV are interesting, different textures and such. At BCV they are very New England like. There were just cold and sterile.

Nice job. I can't see the mod.

It had our last names not the first names.

Personally I'm happy they have done away with the little bottles. Fran steals every last one of them from every hotel we stay at. At home in my bathroom under one of the sinks I have bins FULL of them.

I could have written nearly the same about my spouse... However, he uses The soap and I use the shower gel. The shampoo and conditioner though...

have you thought of donating it? I am sure there are people who can use it.

So glad you're back!!

:welcome: Glad to have you on board!

I am here - and my spy already told me about the story behind the title!! Looking forward to read about it from you!

:welcome: Yes, I'm sure your little spy shares all kinds of things with you, like what we all had to eat later in the week as well! He took your advice and got the turkey!

I never had issues with suitcase not being locked again, but I am impressed that your little not helped. The funny thing for us is that it is always Michael's suitcase that gets searched. Mine only now and then. And when we flew from Hawaii to LA mine not being searched seemed to be the reason why it was delayed. They had troubles at the airport with the luggage system and I think the TSA took great care of expediting those suitcases that they searched while the others just sat.

I know that I lock them, cause that's the last thing I do before loading them in the car. Once they are all weighed and I don't have to do any switching to get them under 50lbs. However, most of the time when I get to my destination the suitcases aren't locked. I had a portable CD player stolen from a suitcase on a cruise a long time ago. Since then I have always locked my suitcases.

It was a nightmare at LAX when Michael dropped me off there in November! What a mess with all the building works they do there.

They are trying to get it all ready for the 2028 Olympics.

I had to laugh so much at this story! How the hell did she get through security - twice I would think unless she picked them up in Orlando - before?

On the way there, I think she had them in the suitcases, they're OK to travel there. Perhaps she just forgot to put them back. I don't really know! But we got through security fine the first day, they caught her on the second trip through security.

I was looking at Long Beach in November, too - and wondering where the area is where you live. Now I know!

:thumbsup2

This would have been Michael's moment to shine. He always has every single paper related to the trip and is sad when I am quicker with my electronic stuff.

I can see that.....

Yes, I do love my Mr Cynical about Disney...

About Disney? I'd say he's fairly cynical about a lot of things! :laughing: You compliment him well with your good attitude!

But why didn't they stack them? Seems like a waste of space.

All in all I have to say that the one bedroom layout is not to my liking. It feels like you have a couch in the kitchen with the kitchen just being a long line... I would hope that the microwave on the countertop was only to make the villa accessible. Otherwise it seems a useless waste of space... Oh - that might be the reason why washer and drier weren't stacked?

I think you're right about the washer dryer not being stacked due to the need for the room to be H/A. That also explains why the BCV has that awful dual washer/dryer unit. Since the closet is not big enough to have a washer and a dryer on the floor, and you can't reach it from a wheelchair if it's stacked, that explains that!

And yes, I'm sure the reason that the microwave was on the counter is to make it accessible because it was blocking the switch for the garbage disposal which I thought was weird. But that makes sense to have it on the counter for accessibility. It was probably mounted under the cabinets in the other units.

We leave our suitcases unlocked.
Mine is always searched.

:welcome: Have you had things stolen from your suitcases leaving them unlocked?

That sounds like a nice surprise. I hope you enjoyed it overall.

It was not a bad trip, and was enjoyable....things will unfold as the TR goes on.

Do you need to do any special cleaning for this type of tub? I ruled out getting a jacuzzi tub when I found out that you need to flush the lines with bleach between baths to keep it from getting moldy. I haven't seen the bubble tubs that you are describing.

Actually if that was the case at one time it may have changed. My jetted tub was installed in 2014 and it has a system that about 20 minutes after the jets are turned off (usually when I'm back in the bed with kitties on top of me to absorb my warmth) the tub turns back on for about a minute and forces air back out through the jets to dry them out and combat the mold.

We have our family trip either February or Easter week still trying to decide. Been seeing reports of February crowds being as bad as peak times.

Is this for 2021?

When were you planning on going in October?

We plan to be there for the 50th, so October 1st will be in the middle of our trip. I need to get Fran to figure out how long we want to stay. We have enough BLT points to stay six nights there. We need to decide if we want BCV, BRV, or SSR, at 11 months, and then if we want to try and move to a non home resort at 7 months. But we will be at BLT for the actual anniversary. We aren't planning on going back this October.

I think I might have blew it and booked our ABD Rhine River cruise during that time (late September/beginning of October).

Is that this year or next year?

I guess we really should before we leave March 3rd or you can catch me by text during the cruise as I'll be checking during port days. :)

OK, I'll take a look at my schedule. You said the 22nd - the 25th right? Sunday or Monday afternoon would probably be best. We can meet up and have a drink and some food. I know a place! ;)

Following along! We will be staying at the Riviera next month, though a non-dvc studio room.

When you say "non-dvc" studio room, does that mean that you are paying cash for a studio, or do they have hotel rooms there not designed as dvc rooms? I thought the whole resort was intended to be DVC.

We had a jetted tub on our last trip at WL and that spoiled me for sure! I took long bubble baths and put my aching feet against the jets. It was lovely. I've never heard of just a bubble tub. I am intrigued! Looking forward to reading more. :)

I am so spoiled when it comes to staying at Disney. I love the jetted tubs and we always get a one bedroom because we want the kitchen, tub, and washer dryer. Not to mention we both like having some sort of nightstand on our sides of the bed. I don't like that one side of the studio pins you up against the wall in most resorts. I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the studios at Riviera, just for kicks and giggles.

I could have written nearly the same about my spouse... However, he uses The soap and I use the shower gel. The shampoo and conditioner though...

She has been filling and empty washed out Ketchup bottle (of all things!) with some of the little bottles. I don't keep track of her hygiene products because I don't use the shower anymore. Especially now that my walk-in tub has been fixed. I take a shower at the end of my bath, and wash my hair and such in there. It has a hand held shower unit, so it's just as comfortable. Even when I don't use the tub, I still take my shower in there. Our shower has a window in it and even though it isn't drafty in there, the window makes the shower much colder than the tub which has an insulated wall! I know TMI! :laughing:

have you thought of donating it? I am sure there are people who can use it.

Oh, I would love to donate it. There is a time of year where the church where we rehearse has bins out asking for donations of hygiene products, but she would have a FIT if I tried to get rid of it! She keeps talking about selling a set of the DCL stuff online.

So here is just a little plea to all the previous lurkers or folks who don't post often....please join in on the dialogue! It makes it so much more fun when we can have an interaction together.

OK PSA over onto the next update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!