The 999'th Haunt stole my bra Completed 7-20, Final thoughts added 8-20

Sounds like a fun afternoon/evening at DS. I really want to check out the Christmas Tree Trail next year! I have been trying to talk my Husband into a first anniversary trip this coming October/November so we could do both Halloween and Christmas, but all the TRs I am reading now seem to be Christmas time and I am leaning more towards then lol.

Hearing about you guy's meal at Morimotto... You guys are setting goals for me and my wife on trips after our kids are grown. Heck - we have a kid free trip in May, so this is just inspiring! Cheers!

:welcome: hope you enjoy it. I've seen ya around the boards are you active on the POFQ thread?

No I've never been on that thread. I live in the New Orleans area so when I vacation I don't want it to feel like home. Probably just saw me here on the trip reports boards. I love hearing about others vacations when I'm not actively planning a trip.

Hearing about you guy's meal at Morimotto... You guys are setting goals for me and my wife on trips after our kids are grown. Heck - we have a kid free trip in May, so this is just inspiring! Cheers!
:welcome: yay for an adult trip:yay: stay tuned for lot's more adult shenanigans. Cheers to you too:drinking:

What a bummer that the Christmas Tree Trail left a lot to be desired. I'm sure it was difficult to get a good look at all the ornaments with dozens of other people milling about. I really hope when you went back after dinner it was a better experience.

Your search for a dinner location had me sweating! I think I would have gotten stressed hearing 2 hour waits everywhere. So I was really relieved to hear you were able to get a couple seats at the bar at Morimoto Asia and ended up having a lovely time. Crab Rangoons in the shape of a taquito...I just looked up a picture online to see one for myself. That's one of my favorite appetizer and I, like you, would have been worried had I seen that brought out to me! Happy to hear it was good.

I am really enjoying your trip report so far! We are staying at POFQ in June for the first time so I can't wait to hear what you thought of the resort.

I like your apron... it's cute! And the wine glasses are terrific, great selection on your part as well. My DFi would totally love the mickey socks, I may just have to sneak buying a couple of pairs for his Christmas gift too.

So glad you found open bar seating and it's wasn't too crazy there. I've never had Peking duck and always wanted to try it but right now you have me craving some Crab Rangoon really bad!

Just caught up. It’s been a while since I’ve read a TR, but I saw the title in your signature a while ago on another thread and had to come read. Our next trip isn’t for another year but I keep sending food and drink snippets from your report to hubby :)

Give me enough beer and I probably could.....could walk away missing an arm that is.

:laughing:

I'll have to let him know what a favor he did for society.

Yep! Mark saves the day! Or tires and shocks, at least.

Yes it was cool, Mark bent out of shape not so much.

:rolleyes1

I have a hilarious video of him driving down a steep mountain in Italy. As his aunt put's it praying to Jesus for help (yep you guessed it he wasn't praying to Jesus).

:laughing: Might not want to post that one on the DIS, then.
But I sure would like to see it!

The first thing I grabbed was 2 bags of Gingerbread Popcorn.

OMG. That sounds amazing.

minnie-apron-jpg.299710

Cute. But not quite my style. :rolleyes:

(I wear all black. Maybe a logo, but that's it.)

I quickly figured out at this pace I wasn’t going to be able to carry everything, so I found a basket to carry it all in.

And Mark fainted.

Oh and that Gingerbread popcorn. I gave my MIL hers the day we got back from vacay. I tried it and fell in love. Let’s just say my mother ended up with a different popcorn all together.

I knew it!!! :lmao:

Like that. I wouldn't have thought it would be so... elegant.

We remembered to use our Disney Chase Visa discount for 10% off. At this point I really needed to find a restroom,

You bought a restroom too!!??

Next onto the Christmas tree trail.

I meant to do that, but somehow forgot about it and left.

We finally found the Christmas tree trail and quickly make our way through it not very impressed,

Oh. Well, maybe it's not such a bad thing that I missed it.

Also it was very busy and it was hard to get a pic w/o someone jumping into our shot to get their own picture. UGH.

:sad2:

The sun was setting and it would be a beautiful setting to sit up on the top lounge and watch the sunset with a few cocktails and appy’s.

Sounds nice! Or would have been.

When we walked in I asked the hostess if we could go up to the lounge and she said yes but that they wouldn’t be serving anything for another 10 minutes we were too early. Once we’ve climbed the 2 flights of stairs which was very tiring after being on our feet for hours, the waiter up there said it was closed for a private event.

Oh, for Pete's sakes.

She was surprised and called a manager who said that there was a private party inside but the outside deck was open for service.

:sad2:

Mark wasn’t happy with our location or the menu, so we decide to leave.

Shame. I've heard good things.

At Morimoto’s the host tells us it’s a 2 hr wait and I ask about sitting at the bar to eat. The downstairs bar was full, but he said there was a bar upstairs and it was pretty empty.

Yuss!

After a bit I ordered some Crab Rangoons. These were good but came out in the shape of Taquito’s and immediately made me think of cheap and poor quality gas station food

mmmm.... gas station food. You know it's gonna be good.

:rolleyes2

After this we were still hungry so ended up ordering the Whole Peking Duck. See @MeghanEmily you didn't miss it. I like Duck but I’ve never had this before. What did I think? I loved it and would order it again in a heart beat.

I've had it once, but... I was already pretty full when it came so didn't enjoy it as much as I probably should have. It was good, though.

In total we had 7 glasses of wine but they only charged us for 6 giving us a break since we didn’t order the bottle.

Sure they just didn't miss one? Or did they specifically say so?

Sorry I didn’t take many pictures here, I was a little embarrassed with the bar being so slow in the beginning but after several glasses of wine I no longer cared

:laughing:

At Christmas when we showing our pic to family I had to laugh when my brother asked why I took a picture of a glass of water.

I was thinking the same thing! "That sake looks like a glass of water."

According to our receipt our ticket was started at 6:43pm and we paid at 9pm.

2 hours... hey! Your table is ready now!

Your search for a dinner location had me sweating! I think I would have gotten stressed hearing 2 hour waits everywhere.
We didn't have to worry about starving little ones, so that helps us a little.

I am really enjoying your trip report so far! We are staying at POFQ in June for the first time so I can't wait to hear what you thought of the resort.
:welcome:glad you found my TR. I love POFQ and POR. But stay tuned for a few details about POFQ.

Just caught up. It’s been a while since I’ve read a TR, but I saw the title in your signature a while ago on another thread and had to come read. Our next trip isn’t for another year but I keep sending food and drink snippets from your report to hubby :)
:welcome: LOL about sending stuff to DH. You'll see more as our vacation progresses.

OMG. That sounds amazing.
yep it sure was popcorn::

You bought a restroom too!!??
:lmao:you crack me up.

Sure they just didn't miss one? Or did they specifically say so?
I'm not sure which, but Mark did say something to them about how we should have gotten a bottle. They did the math and told Mark that it was only a difference of certain amount (I don't remember what he told me). So I just assumed that the bartenders didn't charge for it. Either way not looking that gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:
Sat Dec 2'nd
Disney Springs part 5
Dancing and a surprise Dis meet.

After the Christmas store we found the Christmas Tree Trail w/o any issues. It was much busier then it had been in the afternoon which made it hard to really see many decorations on the tree’s. We did take a few more pictures this time around. We enjoyed it just slightly more than our afternoon visit but not by much, even though we really tried. I felt that for Disney standards the tree’s were lacking in decorations and lights and I just wasn’t blown away with them. Again, I just expected too much from Disney. Regardless, it was cute and I would recommend stopping by on future visits if you have the time.

IMG_20171202_215956118 - Copy.jpg
Still my favorite tree

IMG_20171202_220417280 - Copy.jpg
Marks favorite was the Pluto tree. I think the dog bone tree skirt is a cute idea.

IMG_20171202_220432319 - Copy.jpg
Mark had to point out the dog collar on the top.

IMG_20171202_220505740 - Copy.jpg
Mark thought I should pose with this one since I love Minnie Mouse so much.

When we walked out of the trail there was a dance party going on, so Mark and I joined in the crowd. There were several kids dancing in the center with the MC’s and having a great time.
IMG_20171202_221246951 - Copy.jpg

Dance Dance Dance

Mark and I really enjoyed this and were dancing ourselves while in the crowd. I think we were the only adults dancing it up. Oh well we were the ones having a ball. After about 30 minutes we decided to head back to POFQ and check out our room.

We again hopped on a boat with out waiting.:boat: On the boat there was a lady sitting in the row next to us who started talking to Mark and saying how much fun it looked like we were having dancing. She had also been in the dance party crowd. Her and Mark talked the entire trip back to POFQ and I wonder if it didn’t annoy a few of our fellow boat mates, everybody could hear everything they said and it was late by this time, so I’m sure many were very tired. At the end of the boat ride I discovered that she is also on the Dis boards.:wave2: Hello Diane @didilovesdisney. Once we were off the boat the three of us stood outside the back entrance to POFQ and talked for about 45 minutes. I wish I had thought to get a picture of us together because if there isn't a photo did it happen. I tried to show her how to post on the Dis as she said that she never posts because she’s afraid of messing up. I still don’t think she post since I started a thread for her and I to communicate through and she hasn’t responded.

I think it was about 12:15 am by now and it was finally time to find our room and it was almost right next to us. I had requested a corner room on the 1’st floor and other than not getting early check in all of our request were met. We received our room ready text at 3:02pm and we were in room 3132 of Building 3. After making sure we could get in the room with our MB’s we went out to the car and parked it near our building. We hauled our luggage in and unpacked a little. I had to put up our Christmas stockings after all.
IMG_20171203_110551112 - Copy.jpg
The room was exactly as pictured and I was happy to have the ceiling fan. I always sleep at home with a fan blowing on me, plus when sleeping during the days it helps to drown out noise. There was no bedside clock :eek: what??? I wish Disney would have kept the clocks in the rooms. I don’t want to have to wake up enough to have to pick up the phone to see the time and then try to focus my eyes (Rant over). What can I say I’m spoiled. So, for those of you with upcoming trips bring your own clock if you’re like me or I hear some resorts can put them in the room for you. I took a quick shower to come out to find Mark watching Disney cartoons again. This ends up being our nightly ritual while on this vacay. Mark and his toons and me and my shower.

Come back to see what our next day has to offer.

Mark and I really enjoyed this and were dancing ourselves while in the crowd. I think we were the only adults dancing it up. Oh well we were the ones having a ball.

Good for you guys! Everyone gets to let loose at Disney. :)

At the end of the boat ride I discovered that she is also on the Dis boards.:wave2:

Nice! Always fun when you hear about someone having an accidental Dismeet! You have friends wherever you go when you're on the Dis it seems.

There was no bedside clock :eek: what??? I wish Disney would have kept the clocks in the rooms. I don’t want to have to wake up enough to have to pick up the phone to see the time and then try to focus my eyes (Rant over).

This is SO strange!

:lmao:you crack me up.

cracked-egg-close-up-death-concept-30315238.jpg

I'm not sure which, but Mark did say something to them about how we should have gotten a bottle. They did the math and told Mark that it was only a difference of certain amount (I don't remember what he told me). So I just assumed that the bartenders didn't charge for it. Either way not looking that gift horse in the mouth.

::yes::

We enjoyed it just slightly more than our afternoon visit but not by much

They had replaced the trees with slightly more attractive trees. Slightly fuller. Slightly taller.

even though we really tried.

"Dang it! Like this!"
"No! You like it!"

I felt that for Disney standards the tree’s were lacking in decorations and lights and I just wasn’t blown away with them.

After seeing your photos..... kinda don't mind that I missed this. Not really impressed, either.

Mark and I really enjoyed this and were dancing ourselves while in the crowd.

:) Good for you!!

We again hopped on a boat with out waiting.:boat:

Score!

Her and Mark talked the entire trip back to POFQ and I wonder if it didn’t annoy a few of our fellow boat mates, everybody could hear everything they said and it was late by this time, so I’m sure many were very tired.

Not me! I would've been pleased that people were getting the Disney magic.

At the end of the boat ride I discovered that she is also on the Dis boards.

Nice!!

There was no bedside clock :eek: what???

What?? When did that happen??

Then again... there probably wasn't one in my room when I was there last and just didn't notice. I've given up on trying to figure out how to use the alarms, so I always just use my phone and don't use the clocks anymore.

The room was exactly as pictured and I was happy to have the ceiling fan. I always sleep at home with a fan blowing on me, plus when sleeping during the days it helps to drown out noise. There was no bedside clock :eek: what??? I wish Disney would have kept the clocks in the rooms. I don’t want to have to wake up enough to have to pick up the phone to see the time and then try to focus my eyes (Rant over). What can I say I’m spoiled. So, for those of you with upcoming trips bring your own clock if you’re like me or I hear some resorts can put them in the room for you.
Oh yes, that ceiling fan was very much appreciated! I think it was on whenever we were in the room, just helped circulate the air more.

And I am another one who misses the bedside clock. Though I noticed we had one in Pop, but not in POFQ! I came prepared though with a battery operated one, but if the light was on it was too bright. I actually bought another one I'm going to try out on my next trip which has illuminated numbers, so hopefully will be just bright enough!

We enjoyed it just slightly more than our afternoon visit but not by much, even though we really tried. I felt that for Disney standards the tree’s were lacking in decorations and lights and I just wasn’t blown away with them.
You should have seen the display the year before. Totally lame! So if they keep upgrading a little each year they might have something worthwhile soon.

I'm loving your room decorations!

It was here that I saw a @natebenma with few other ladies posing for this PP photographer. But after getting back on the boards I don't think she was at the World at this time.

Well, I was going to yell at you for not saying "Hi!", but as you figured out, it wasn't me.

I am severely directionally challenged, and I find DHS to be difficult to navigate as well. (Animal Kingdom, to some extent, too).

Wow, beautiful sunset sky in your PP pictures, and I love the Christmas tree with the Supermoon.

Impressive run of all of the headliner rides. The ToT ride photo is the BEST!!! Love the kid who pulled the sweatshirt up so he became the headless tween.

I haven't seen Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam- Glad to hear you DH enjoyed it so much!

Yum on pizza and beer to end the evening.

:goodvibes

AWWW!!! Tazzy is adorable. I love your Disney Christmas ornaments.

Wow! Cool gator! I have never seen an alligator "in the wild" but every time I am in Florida, I look for them.

Do you know how to tell the difference between an alligator and a crocodile (answer in next post)

Sounds like a nice family visit at the restaurant. I am close with my cousins and it is always fun when we get together. YUM on the rock shrimp and shrimp and grits! I have been making this for my family often since it is one thing that everyone will eat.

POR looks like fun- I have never stayed there.

Off we go to roam around the resort with beers in hand and I discover these tiles in concrete.
img_20171202_142704571-copy-jpg.297611

I thought about laying on the concrete with my head next to it and the beer in my hand but didn’t. I now regret not doing it because it would have been a great preview for the rest of our day as Revelers.

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter