The 999'th Haunt stole my bra Completed 7-20, Final thoughts added 8-20

I was down there in October for a work conference (it was a tough gig but someone had to volunteer as tribute!) with three co-workers. We made a visit to the Yacht/Beach Club just to get ice cream. We couldn't get into Beaches and Cream but we were able to order the Minnie Kitchen Sink (a smaller version of the original) from the take out window. OMG was it to die for! Two of us basically at it all minus the the scoop of the strawberry ice cream (we had someone in our party doesn't eat toppings on her ice cream - who does that?!?! :confused3:rotfl2:).

Loving all the pictures!

Sunday Dec 3'rd Epcot continued
Hamming it up in Future world

We still had some time before our Nemo FP so what does one do while waiting, but take PP of course so here is deluge of PP pics for ya.

I'm pretty sure that these first 3 pics were taken when we came back to Epcot after lunch and I put the wrong pictures in that post. I present them now for your viewing pleasure.

This one wins most awkward PP of the trip. This entire PP session at IG bridge was nothing more than the PP just taking pictures non stop without waiting on us to pose.
EPCOT_IGFRLOWBRIDGEICON_20171203_406864302484 - Copy.jpg
EPCOT_BACKSIDE5_20171203_406861777183 - Copy.jpg EPCOT_BACKSIDE5_20171203_406861777196 - Copy.jpg

I had to laugh when I glanced at this picture it looked like Tinkerbell was using her magic wand to open a beer bottle. See where my mind goes.
EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_20171203_406862276497 - Copy.jpg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_20171203_406862280253 - Copy.jpg EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_20171203_406862280255 - Copy.jpg EPCOT_BACKSIDE3_20171203_406861755884 - Copy.jpgEPCOT_BACKSIDE1_20171203_406862280259 - Copy.jpg

It was time to try to help Dori find Nemo. We love this ride and always enjoy those silly gulls out front saying MINE, MINE, MINE. Soon enough our travels under the sea were over and it was time to head to our dinner ADR.
Continued in next post

Last edited:
Sunday Dec 3'rd Epcot continued
A Freezing French evening

We jumped on one of the last friendship boats across the lake to get to our dinner reservation at Chef’s De France. We arrived about 15 minutes early for our 7pm ADR. While waiting I went over to the French Wine Kiosk across the sidewalk and got us each a Cabernet to drink. As we finished our glasses of wine it was about 5 minutes post reservation time and we were called back. Not that we were in a hurry because neither of us were hungry yet after those huge sundae’s.

We started out with a bottle of wine and an order of Escargot. Love me some good snails.

IMG_20171203_194505789 - Copy.jpg

Mark went to the restroom after we ordered. When the waiters assistant delivered the escargot and I said Merci. He was pleasantly surprised and asked if I was French (I was born there but never changed nationalities when I turned 18, I’m an Army Brat). I said no that we had been to Europe in 2013 and I learned about 10 words of French, German and Italian just to be able to greet ppl and thank them in their native language. Quickly the waiter came to check on me and the escargot and he became involved in the conversation also. I was surprised at how they were both so interested in my story. Soon Mark was back and it was time to dig into our escargot. These were the largest snails I’ve ever had and I wonder if that contributed to them being so tough or if it was just the way they were cooked. They may have been tough but they were flavorful. On a side note Mark has wanted Escargot dishes for several years and this year I got him a couple for Christmas. I use to just put them in mini muffin pans to cook them in the past. So now that we have the proper bowls to cook them in we can't find them around here anymore. So disappointing.

We each ordered the 3 course price fix meal and both started with the cup of Lobster Bisque. Boy is that an understatement. They came out in a large bowl no lil cups here. This was so yummy. We both devoured it and by the time our Beef Bourgogne came we were already full. Full or not I had to eat a little bit of it. It was delicious the beef was so tender and moist. A little side rant why do restaurants bring you butter that is so hard that it tears the bread just trying to spread it rant over?
IMG_20171203_195100784 - Copy.jpg
Then our deserts came. Mark had ordered the Crème Brule and I had ordered a chocolate cake. We split the Crème Brule that really didn’t have much flavor, seems like it needed more vanilla. But we didn’t care we were so full anyway.
IMG_20171203_201923555 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171203_201930949 - Copy.jpg
I took the cake to go along with the Beef Bourgogne. We paid our bill and rolled out of the restaurant out into the World Showcase.

Burr it had gotten cold while we were in the restaurant. We grabbed another glass of wine as we strolled through WS towards UK trying to find a good place to watch Illuminations, which was about 30-45 mins away. We usually watch it from Germany while sucking down Beirs. I had attempted to get one last FP for Illuminations but they were all taken up by the time we got in line for Nemo. We continued our walk towards Showcase plaza to find a spot closer to the exit. Mark had been getting sniffily right before dinner and sure enough it was full fledge by the time we got out of dinner. He was full, tired and now freezing and didn’t want to stay for Illuminations. I told him to drive back to POFQ and I’d take the bus back, but he didn’t want to leave w/o me. So, I tried to talk him into going to Mouse Gears for a sweat shirt. No, he didn’t want to do that. We were sitting on a bench next to the Port of Entry Shop and I told him to go in and buy the fleece Mickey & Minnie blanket he wanted last night at DTD. No, he didn’t want to do that either. At this point he was still trying to talk me out of staying. I made it very clear to him that I was staying and watching the holiday version of Illuminations and he was big boy (not that he was acting like it) and he could do anything he wanted. I left him sitting on the bench and went into the Port of entry to buy the blanket but they didin't have them. I then went and got a beer from a beer cart for myself, he was done drinking. We sat and people watched and I was rubbing his arms to try to keep him warm. I sure was glad I had my new long sleeve shirt on, but I was cold too. It was finally time for Illuminations I enjoyed it as much as I could with a grump at my side. When it was over we made a be line towards the exit with the masses.

We stopped for some quick PP since the lines were short.
EPCOT_BACKSIDE_4_20171203_406866484036 - Copy.jpg EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_20171203_406866152831 - Copy.jpg

Had to get a pic of my beloved Thumper.
IMG_20171203_215508182 - Copy.jpg
Up to this point we had been taking photo’s of our parking area or texting it to each other when we parked the car. Today we thought we forgot to do that and on the way out neither of us could remember anything other than 17. Mark was freaking out thinking we were going to be hunting forever for our car. I kept telling him not to worry I knew the time we came into the park and I could ask a CM and they could tell us the area. Just then a CM was in front of us. I asked and he said that it would be Discovery. I looked at my phone and find out we had texted it, not sure why I couldn't see it to begin with. LOL. We found the car and were on our way back to POFQ before we knew it. Showers were had and off to sleep quickly. Tomorrow was moving day and was one of the most anticipated parts of our trip. We were headed to MK area finally.

I had to laugh when I glanced at this picture it looked like Tinkerbell was using her magic wand to open a beer bottle.

Well.... that's pretty much what it should be used for, don't you think?

We started out with a bottle of wine and an order of Escargot. Love me some good snails.

::yes::

These were the largest snails I’ve ever had and I wonder if that contributed to them being so tough or if it was just the way they were cooked.

Too bad. This is the 2nd time I've heard a poor review of the escargot there.

On a side note Mark has wanted Escargot dishes for several years and this year I got him a couple for Christmas. I use to just put them in mini muffin pans to cook them in the past.

Where did you get them? Fresh?

A little side rant why do restaurants bring you butter that is so hard that it tears the bread just trying to spread it rant over?

Totally agree. So stupid. Stop chilling your butter!

He was full, tired and now freezing and didn’t want to stay for Illuminations. I told him to drive back to POFQ and I’d take the bus back, but he didn’t want to leave w/o me. So, I tried to talk him into going to Mouse Gears for a sweat shirt. No, he didn’t want to do that. We were sitting on a bench next to the Port of Entry Shop and I told him to go in and buy the fleece Mickey & Minnie blanket he wanted last night at DTD. No, he didn’t want to do that either. At this point he was still trying to talk me out of staying. I made it very clear to him that I was staying and watching the holiday version of Illuminations and he was big boy (not that he was acting like it) and he could do anything he wanted.

You didn't know? We're all babies.

Where did you get them? Fresh?
we use to get fresh escargot at Market District Grocery store and they were reasonably priced. I think you can get them shipped from Amazon but I think their frozen.
Not sure if I'll be back on the Dis prior to your DL trip...have a ball. Say hi to Ariel

Can you please adopt me? You guys seem like so much fun
:welcome: @tori.bh3 LOL Fun even with all our bickering?

Monday Dec 4’th MK part1

A Grand Dream come true.

So today the alarm was set to 5:30 but I woke at 5am and I jumped right out of bed and started to get ready for this Grand Day. We were checking into The Grand Floridian concierge level. After I got my makeup on and hair done Mark got up and got ready. I finished packing my stuff and sat down to my first breakfast of the day, the left over chocolate cake. I would have heated up the Beef Bourgogne but we didn’t have a micro in the room to heat it and the food court wasn’t open yet to use their micro’s, so in the trash it went. Kinda a bummer since it tasted so good last night. Mark and I enjoyed the cake it was still very moist and most importantly very chocolatey. Soon we were packed up and out the door to the Grand.

We arrived at 8:05am and the friendly security guard at the gate let us in after checking our ID and we quickly found a parking spot.
IMG_20171204_080758281 - Copy.jpg
We met the gracious Richard and I had to pose with him. He is such an icon at the Grand and I wanted photographic proof that I had met him. I was disappointed when I couldn’t find these pictures. But had forgotten Mark took them on his phone. I was so delighted to find them.
IMG_20171204_081739932_HDR - Copy.jpg

Mark took pictures of the entrance and the beautiful interior.
IMG_20171204_081807504 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_082324024 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20171204_082209531 - Copy.jpg
More GF interior photos coming later in the TR

Since I had upgraded us to concierge level I checked in at the concierge desk in the main building not sure if we could get into the Sugar Loaf (SL) building we would be staying. They checked us in and the CM made me up another Happy Birthday button. I had to laugh as I wasn’t sure how long I would be wearing this button. The one I received at POFQ I only wore the day we arrived.

Our room wasn’t ready yet but he walked us over to the SL building that would be our home for the next 3 nights. He wanted to be certain that our MB would gain us access. There was someone working the SL Concierge desk and our first CM turned us over to Jordan who was also very nice. When you stay concierge level you are welcome to the offerings all day so we were going to take advantage of it before we went to the MK for the day. I asked Jordan for a glass of champagne and he happily obliged. Mark and I then helped ourselves to morning offerings, breakfast #2. We each had a couple of small plates and just sat and absorbed the ambience.
IMG_20171204_083610603 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_084507247 - Copy.jpg
Those deviled eggs, tiny fritta's and sticky rolls would end up becoming morning rituals. No wonder I gained 10 pounds in December.

It was time to get to the MK because we had a very special reservation to get to this morning. So off to the main building we went to hop on the monorail. We got through security quickly (we had no bags to check) and we were soon jettisoned to the MK.
Continued in next post

Last edited:
Monday Dec 4'th MK part 2
Lowered ears and Pixie dust

We arrived at MK at 9:15am and since it had opened at 8am there were no long lines to get in. I was surprised to see that we could enter on the Lt. side of the train station. We have never seen this before, is it new or was it just never opened because we usually come the slow month of Sept.?

Once inside the park we stepped off to the side to absorb it all. That first look is always so exciting.
IMG_20171204_091740706 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_091809070 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171204_091851559 - Copy.jpg

So where was this 9:30am reservation? I had scheduled Mark a haircut at Harmony Barber shop. We were a little early but went to check in anyway. We waited out side of the small cramped shop for them to call Mark in.

IMG_20171204_093505152 - Copy.jpg

While we were waiting the Dapper Dan’s started their show up in the Train Station. We were too far away to see very well but that didn’t stop me from trying to get pictures.
IMG_20171204_092944623_HDR - Copy.jpg

We stood outside of the barbershop and people watched. We enjoyed watching the little girls and their mommies get Pixie Dusted. There was one family that the daughter and mommy almost had daddy talked into getting Pixie Dusted. Mark and I tried to talk him into it but no go.

Shortly the Dapper Dan’s came by us to go backstage but not before having some fun with us.
IMG_20171204_093441010 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20171204_093438155 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20171204_093514766 - Copy.jpg

We were in the right spot to see the coming and goings through the backstage door, including a tour group that we got to listen to for a about 5 minutes. Glad I didn’t book that tour I got bored in the few minutes we were listening.
IMG_20171204_093307537 - Copy.jpg
This reminds me of the Budweiser commercials and I feel that should be cases of beer in the back of that wagon.
continued in next post

Last edited:
Monday Dec 4'th MK part 3
Lowered ears and Pixie dust part 2

They called us in for Marks cut. Susan was the CM cutting Marks hair and they got along fine. Hum she wasn’t my cup of tea. I don’t think she smiled once. I wonder how many small children she has scared? I’m sure she is just fine with them, it just seemed weird. But Mark had no problems and that’s all that mattered. Marks haircut was only $19 so not bad.
IMG_20171204_093750571_HDR - Copy.jpg

Before leaving I got Pixie Dusted. I highly recommend anyone coming into the park to stop here for Pixie Dust before heading deeper into the park. Thanks to Kaitlyn @Newsies for that tip, those ex CP kids know a thing or two that’s for sure. I love reading their TR’s.
IMG_20171204_101600303 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_101604201 - Copy.jpg
Mark just loved my Pixie Dust....sometimes he really surprises me.

Once out of the barber shop we started heading down Main Street and as usual I teared up upon seeing the castle for the first time.

Humm I wonder about that lady in the green t-shirt 6'th visit?
IMG_20171204_100748695 - Copy.jpg
Notice anything missing out all of these pictures?

IMG_20171204_100750508 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171204_100559912 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171204_101546349_HDR - Copy.jpg

So what's missing............................BALLOONS.

Here comes the balloons. Every visit to MK some of my first pictures of the castle includes an artsy photo with balloons. I didn’t even notice until they brought these balloons out that they weren’t lined up and down Main st yet. I guess this is the earliest we’ve ever arrived at MK.
IMG_20171204_100727675 - Copy.jpg
This is the first time we've got to see the MK decked out for Christmas. Such a nice change to the Halloween décor we see when we always come in Sept.
continued in next post.

Monday Dec 4'th Magic Kingdom part 4
Main St. Shenanigans

We stopped for some PP. The wait was longer than anticipated but I took a ton of pictures and just enjoyed the atmosphere of Main St.

When it was our turn for PP some ppl were standing in the way. The photographer kept trying to get them to move but they were oblivious. I thought it was so funny how mad the CM was getting. I’m sure they were just wrapped up in their situation and didn’t even realize. I’m sure this happens all day. Once we posed for pp it was on to another one closer to the castle.
MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20171204_406877028220 - Copy.jpg
MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20171204_406877028227 - Copy.jpg MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20171204_406877028232 - Copy.jpg MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20171204_406877028233 - Copy.jpg MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20171204_406877028224 - Copy.jpg
MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20171204_406877028214 - Copy.jpg MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20171204_406877028217 - Copy.jpg MK_MSFIRSTA_20171204_406877110508 - Copy.jpg MK_MSFIRSTA_20171204_406877110505 - Copy.jpg

That's it for now. Not sure when I'll be back to post updates but until then enjoy Spring if it ever decides to show up.

Attachments

• MK_MSFIRSTA_20171204_406877110506 - Copy.jpg
    MK_MSFIRSTA_20171204_406877110506 - Copy.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1
All caught up. Goofy looked like he was having a ball with Mark; I couldn't help but laugh when you had to squeeze your way into a picture with Minnie. It was your husband's day for character meets, I guess!

Can't wait to hear all about your experience with club level at the Grand Floridian. Sounds like a dream come true...

That Harmony Barber Shop is really tiny, much easier to wait outside. Is that where you got pixie dusted? I had no idea they did that!

we use to get fresh escargot at Market District Grocery store and they were reasonably priced. I think you can get them shipped from Amazon but I think their frozen.

Huh. Okay, thanks. :)

Not sure if I'll be back on the Dis prior to your DL trip...have a ball. Say hi to Ariel

Thank you! :goodvibes

We were checking into The Grand Floridian concierge level.

Sweeeeeet!

img_20171204_081739932_hdr-copy-jpg.314031

Hey! You found him! :)

When you stay concierge level you are welcome to the offerings all day so we were going to take advantage of it before we went to the MK for the day. I asked Jordan for a glass of champagne and he happily obliged.

Very nice. ::yes::

Those deviled eggs, tiny fritta's and sticky rolls would end up becoming morning rituals. No wonder I gained 10 pounds in December.

:laughing: I hear you. I never leave Disney without putting on at least 5.

I was surprised to see that we could enter on the Lt. side of the train station. We have never seen this before, is it new or was it just never opened because we usually come the slow month of Sept.?

Huh.... you know... I'm not sure. I always go in on the right.... so I'm not aware if it's open or not.

Once inside the park we stepped off to the side to absorb it all. That first look is always so exciting.

::yes::

So where was this 9:30am reservation? I had scheduled Mark a haircut at Harmony Barber shop.

Oh! I was thinking it was breakfast somewhere. Cool!

Great shot. :)

We were in the right spot to see the coming and goings through the backstage door, including a tour group that we got to listen to for a about 5 minutes. Glad I didn’t book that tour I got bored in the few minutes we were listening.

Whoops! Why bored? Monotone voice? Dull topic? Know all that was being said already?

Susan was the CM cutting Marks hair and they got along fine. Hum she wasn’t my cup of tea. I don’t think she smiled once. I wonder how many small children she has scared?

Geez lady. Lighten up.
Maybe her face would crack if she smiled?

as usual I teared up upon seeing the castle for the first time.

Awwww... :hug:

Notice anything missing out all of these pictures?

My first thought was "No crane".

:rolleyes:

That's it for now. Not sure when I'll be back to post updates but until then enjoy Spring if it ever decides to show up.

What is this "spring" you speak of?

He was full, tired and now freezing and didn’t want to stay for Illuminations. I told him to drive back to POFQ and I’d take the bus back, but he didn’t want to leave w/o me. So, I tried to talk him into going to Mouse Gears for a sweat shirt. No, he didn’t want to do that. We were sitting on a bench next to the Port of Entry Shop and I told him to go in and buy the fleece Mickey & Minnie blanket he wanted last night at DTD. No, he didn’t want to do that either.

Gah Men! This is exactly what my husband would do too. It'll be interesting to see what happens when we get there. 30 days!

Great morning MK pictures!! My cousin got his first haircut at the barber shop and it was a lot of fun!

I always love looking at pictures from the Grand but for some reason I have no desire to stay there? I have no logical reason as to why either lol.

I think this may have been one of my favorite wreaths in all of the world during our visit.

Omg I love this wreath!

LOL doesn’t it look like I’m getting ready to say “Mickey my eyes are up here” thanks PP. He was actually admiring my new shirt.

:rotfl:

A little side rant why do restaurants bring you butter that is so hard that it tears the bread just trying to spread it rant over?

I hate this!

You got some great pictures of the holiday décor at YC. I need to get there at holiday time someday to see this in person.

Your photopass pictures and especially the meet with the Characters are great. Woah, Minnie!

That was some great nighttime fun at EPCOT. I have never dined at restaurant in France. The food looks and sounds good, but I can't imagine trying to tackle it while full. Did you end up enjoying your leftovers later?

Sorry to hear that Mark was not into watching Illuminations in the cold. But you were right to stand your ground and let him know he could go or not, but you were staying.

That is a scary moment when you weren't sure if you could find your car.

:eek:

You two clearly aren't having any fun. Gotta work on that :-)

Looks like you had a great night of French food in Epcot. We haven't been to Chefs in years and i really have no idea why. Love escargot and of course French wine so I'd be all over those.

Love Mark getting his haircut in the Barber Shop! Though that lady certainly doesn't seem like she enjoys her job very much.

Can't wait to see some more club level offerings!

Club Level looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out at WL next month!

Love your pixie dust- I'll have to remember that for next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!