The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Looks like a perfect, pool hopping, super relaxing day!

The older I get, the more I like my chill out days.
As soon as you started talking about Toothsome, I immediately thought of your steampunk Alice costume from MNSSHP. I adored Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as well.

You remembered! :goodvibes

I was a major bookworm so I have a list.............

Nancy Drew, Bobbsey Twins, Hardy Boys, Donna Drake and Trixie Belden for mysteries.
Madeline L'Engle
The Chalet School series by Elinor M Brent Dyer (they are comfort reading to this day)
EB white...Charlotte's Web in particular.
Everything by Lucy Maud Montgomery ~ You can't grow up in PEI without reading all the "Anne" books.

We share many of the same from our lists. :) I didn't read the Anne books but have enjoyed the movies a LOT! Between those and my DISFriends from that neck of the woods, I super want to visit that area!

Then I was obsessed with Elizabethan history, also the Plantagenets and the Tudors. I loved everything about the Russian royal family at the time of the Bolshevik revolution.

VERY interesting! I know very, very little about any of that at all.

We went to the library with my Dad every Sunday afternoon and I would take a stack of books home and devour them. I still love to read!

What a great tradition! Love that! My kids love to read as well, and sadly, I've not done much other than textbooks in a very long time.

Your afternoon of pool hopping sounds so relaxing. Someday I'm going to find the time to relax in Disney.
The more I go and the older I get, the more I love my days of doing mostly nothing.

Sounds like my kind of place. I love chocolate treats.

I'm not a huge choco fan, but do enjoy some 72% on occassion. Once in a while, I love a good chocolate shake too.

I enjoy a good Reuben too.

The secret's in the sauce. ;)

I do enjoy reading and started back in grade school. I know they're old fashion and really old but I liked the Beverly Cleary books, love Beezus & Ramona. I also liked "Encyclopedia Brown". As I got older I really liked "The Chronicles of Narnia". I discovered Romance in middle school and moved up to historical romance by the end of my middle school years. I just love history. I found myself reading then using the encyclopedia to look up facts, of course now it's Google. I read all kinds of books now when I can and I am a member of a local Book Club. We're hoping to start meeting again.

I never got tired of the Cleary books. Perfect for the young teen crowd. ::yes::

Never did get into the romance genre, but know loads of women (mostly?) did. I was mostly into the historical fiction though that have a TON of the romance elements in them, I guess. Austen and such...

Explains a lot. I was born in Boston.

I didn't know that!

Actually DVC members can pool hop, with only a few exceptions.

And I didn't know that either! Interesting. I think though at Disney, it'd be a LOT more time consuming and difficult to bother. It just eats up so much time to travel. What I CAN see though it something like a lunch ADR at a place and staying to swim or lounge afterwards.

Blasphemy!

:blush:

This is the only one that I have visited. It's a cool theme, but the rooms were nothing special. Even the time we stayed at Club level.

Yeah, can't comment on the rooms as I didn't spend much time inside and certainly not in a room. Loved the grounds and pool area though!

Its even worth a special trip, if you don't have to pay extra, meaning for transport.

For sure!!

I'm sorry you didn't get to have fun with them. They have been a hoot, both times I've been.

I know. Dang it! I was there well over an hour and they never even came upstairs. Which I find quite odd actually. Then again, I didn't notice many kids up there and wonder if they try to keep the kids and families down on the ground level and they most visit tables with kids? No idea, just a theory.

That one seemed way over the top to me. I actually prefer the regular desserts or sundaes.

It was and I had to do it once. Next time, if there IS a next time, I'd probably choose something else.

Okey dokey. I think I am caught up here now.

Well, you were. LOL!! I'm about to put up another short chapter today.

I had read every book in the Nancy Drew series, and had all of them in my little bookcase in my bunkbed (that was all mine cause my sister didn't want to share a room with me.) :laughing:

My kids collected them too and always asked friends and family to send them over to K-stan. With not much else to do, I enjoyed them too as an adult.

AS for your sister... :sad2:

I hear ya! We just turned in our taxes to the accountant, and that has taken a load off our minds, but I still have tons of things to keep me busy, busy, busy.

I finally paid mine. Turns out, I needed to actually PAY my taxes before they'd send me a stimulus check. My life is going to be calming down now I think as work is ramping up to be more normal again, and other things are falling into place. :) Good to stay busy though in some ways. Good to find balance though too.

This is awesome. I agree, if you are paying the exorbitant amount of money to stay at (any) onsite resort...you should get to use ALL the pools. It's not that convenient to do, so I don't think people would do it enough that it would become a problem, but who knows. Glad you took advantage of Uni being less...stingy on the sharing...

The only place I see it really becoming an issue is with the Boardwalkers hopping over to Stormalong Bay really. Otherwise I think the numbers would be pretty minimal. What I would NOT want to see happen is NON-resort guests using them.

This sounds SO fantastic. Especially right now....longing to be in the sun with a pina colada.

YES!!! Absolutely! I suddenly find myself with some extra time in Italy as our cruise was cancelled so am back to square 1 with planning. I am thinking of finding a nice place with a good pool and just camping there for a day to rest and enjoy relaxing by it with some good wine and cheese.

Hey whatever works right now to get through these crazy times!
That's for SURE!!

************ WARNING, THIS ENTIRE CHAPTER IS A SPOILER. IF YOU ARE HUNTING FOR PASCALS, SKIP IT.*************

V is for Victorious!

A Short, Little Game of Hide and Seek

Time to head back to Disney and finish a quest I've been on for several years now. Finally, FINALLY, with a little help from others along the way, I found all 10 of the reported Pascals in the Tangled Tinkle Area.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, let me explain:

Cleverly hidden and camaflouged are, to my knowledge and according to all of the sources I've read, 10 little Pascals in and around the Tangled Area of Fantasyland. You have to look super carefully as some are hidden VERY well: In flower boxes, in the landscaping, up high, down low...

Walking through the area after a quick pit stop (I make a lot of those), I noticed a mom and son standing by the rail around the little water stream garden pointing at something. She asked me if I saw what they were looking at and I told her no. She pointed out a little lizard on the tree and then explained that there was a Hidden Pascal Game to add a bit of fun to the area. I got busy, but found only 2 or 3 on my first introduction to this cute little quest back in 2016, quickly gaving up to find other things to do. The next year, I found a few more and made it to 6 or so. 2019, however, would be my lucky year. I found 9 of them, including the original 6 I'd already discovered, on my first visit to MK during that trip as I spent some time solo looking for them. Frustrated, I thought the 10th was just out of my reach. Well, they're all "out of reach" techinically but you know what I mean. In my multiple searchings, I of course ran into many CM's and asked if they could give me any hints. Don't worry, Dear Readers, they have no idea there is even a Hidden Pascal Hunt. They literally stared back at me like I had three heads and had no idea what I was talking about.

I mentioned my dilemma to the kids when we all went to the park together a few days later, and they offered to search with me for a bit. In fact, I think the more they found, the more they got into the game and enjoyed it.

After quite some time (did I mention it was hot out?) of wandering around hunting for that last elusive Pascal and nearly giving up again, Anara, my youngest, exclaimed, "There's one!" And indeed, it was the most difficult, but last, one of the lot. But, with that last addition, it clinched my success in finding all the chameleon beasties. Rapunzel really needs to keep a better eye on him.

And now without further ado, here are the 10 Hidden Pascals you can find:

The first one I "found"- the one that someone pointed out to me and started me off on my years-long quest:

And finally, they last one that completed my search that I couldn't find on my own.

Now it’s YOUR TURN:
Have you done any of the non-attraction “extras” around the parks like hunts or collecting? Tell me about your successes or, if you don’t enjoy them, why not?

Last edited:
The only place I see it really becoming an issue is with the Boardwalkers hopping over to Stormalong Bay really.

DVC members can't pool hop to all of the resort pools. There are some pools that DVC members not allowed to go to unless they are guests of that resort. I don't know the entire list but I do know that Storm Along Bay, Bay Lake Towers pool and the Volcano pool are some of the pools reserved for resort guests only. Storm Along Bay has CMs at the gates who scan your MB and issue bands. No pool hopping there for anybody. :)
And finally, they last one that completed my search that I couldn't find on my own.
I can't see Pascal in the last picture. No wonder you couldn't find him. :)

Yay for you and your family for finding them all!!!! We've only stopped and done a quick look a couple of times. That last one is even hard to notice in the picture!

We tend to spend a lot of time with Jimmy on trips playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. We also like to get pressed pennies, but don't try for a huge collection, just new ones we come across and like. Jimmy was really excited to find a pressed quarter machine at Pop Century in December!

I love looking for Pascal. I don't think I have ever found all 10 but want to give it another go. Danielle and her roommates spent a good bit of time looking on one of their visits to the MK. I think they found them all. I enjoyed looking for the added chalk drawings of character on my short visit to Epcot in January during the Arts Festival.

I'm happy this activity helped bring everyone together. :hug:

Have you done any of the non-attraction “extras” around the parks like hunts or collecting? Tell me about your successes or, if you don’t enjoy them, why not?
Bill and I did the Hidden Pascal hunt last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we found 8 out of the ten. I love Hidden Mickey hunting and usually have my Hidden Mickey book with me. It's a great past time and conversation starter on solo trips. Plus , Hidden Mickey hunters always seem to know each other or at least understand what the other is doing!

Now it’s YOUR TURN:

to date I have not done any of these "extras" really, mostly because I have never had the time trying to see and do everything else. That said, this was supposed to be the year with my AP where I'd have time to do more trips and take more time to smell the roses....now we all know how that turned out...but hopefully 2021 will see more of that and more time to pay attention to the little things. I can't believe how well some of those Pascals are hidden...it's quite amazing that you found them all.

It's so cute that you did this. When we did the VIP Tour in March, Jon pointed out all the Pascals!!!! So, it was cool seeing them all up close in your blog.

Time to head back to Disney and finish a quest I've been on for several years now.
monty python quest.gif
I found all 10 of the reported Pascals in the Tangled Tinkle Area.
Good for you! I remember when you spoke of them before and couldn't find that last one.
You have to look super carefully as some are hidden VERY well: In flower boxes, in the landscaping, up high, down low...
Oh, I know. I looked too and only found... 8, I think.
after a quick pit stop (I make a lot of those),
:rolleyes1
Frustrated, I thought the 10th was just out of my reach. Well, they're all "out of reach" techinically but you know what I mean.
Oh, no. They're not. Which is now there's only nine and I have this neat little souvenir.

:rolleyes:
I of course ran into many CM's and asked if they could give me any hints. Don't worry, Dear Readers, they have no idea there is even a Hidden Pascal Hunt.
:sad2:
I mentioned my dilemma to the kids when we all went to the park together a few days later, and they offered to search with me for a bit. In fact, I think the more they found, the more they got into the game and enjoyed it.
I'm not even a little bit surprised. I walked by and gave it a cursory glance... then another... then a long look... then searched in earnest.
After quite some time (did I mention it was hot out?) of wandering around hunting for that last elusive Pascal and nearly giving up again, Anara, my youngest, exclaimed, "There's one!" And indeed, it was the most difficult, but last, one of the lot. But, with that last addition, it clinched my success in finding all the chameleon beasties.
:lmao:
I love how Anara finds it but it clinched "your" success in finding them!
Oh, man. That's a tough one. I know I didn't find that one!
It took me a while to find that even in your photo!! Yikes!
Hmmm... I can't really think of too much other than the Pirate's Adventure. I enjoyed that. Fun. :)

I found all 10 of the reported Pascals in the Tangled Tinkle Area.

Hey, congratulations! Some of those look really tricky.

If I have the time, sure. I remember doing a scavenger hunt provided by the front desk of the Wilderness Lodge. And collecting transportation trading cards from the drivers. All those little things add a little magic to the Disney experience.

W is for: Wild for Wilderness Badges!

If you know me at all, I’m a sucker for hunts and games and challenges in and around the Disney properties, either self-made or Disney-created. I adore how they get me into places in the parks I might otherwise overlook or pass by, and I love how they help me notice the details that so much time and thought have gone into. I especially love it when these fun little games are FREE. Free is good you know. It’s even better when given with chocolate. Over the years, I’ve tinkered with Sorcerers of the Kingdom, Easter Eggs in DLR, Figments and Remy’s during the EPCOT Festivals, Pirates Adventures, and have done countless self-made scavenger hunts and challenges along various themes. They’ve filled my trips with loads of entertainment and this last trip was no different. Not only did I create my own ABC Scavenger Hunt of Places and Areas on the properties, but I continued and finished a quite time-consuming challenge I’d started a couple of trips before.

Ready to become a Wilderness Explorer with me? “The wilderness must be explored! CA-CA! RAAWWRR”. It’s free and easy to start! The only cost will be time. A lot of time.

Once you enter the park and make your way across the bridge onto Discovery Island, you’ll see a little kiosk with a couple of enthusiastic CMs who will guide you through a super cheesy “swearing in” and teach you the Wilderness Explorers Pledge. Yes, it can even be some goofy fun for a 29-give-or-take-a-few young lady… ahem…. They hand you the official guide and badge book and off you go. The challenge is to find the locations, do the accompanying activities, and collect all 31 Wilderness Badges.

They are ALL over the park in every area, some much harder to find than others. Usually the CMs are quite helpful if you’re having a bit of a hard time locating the kiosks, but once you do, you’ll learn something. I promise. Often, they are staffed with college kids who have to do their homework or with older CMs who’ve had the time and want to do their homework. You can spend as much time as you’d like at each kiosk and some CMs, like everywhere, are more engaging than others. As you trek along, using the maps and clues in the Handbook, there are little projects, questions, or challenges to do before you get your badge. Again, some are more time-intensive than others. For example, there are drawings, looking for animal tags, counting animals, finding clues around the area, etc…

It’s actually quite a lot of fun. But honestly it, more than anything, satiates the Completist in me. There’s something wholly gratifying in applying the little stickers throughout the Handbook that scratches my Accomplishment Bone. Silly for sure.

After what added up to a total of probably somewhere around 12 hours of hunting and doing, I became a Senior Wilderness Explorer and am seriously considering going as one for a Halloween Party someday. Yes, you can buy iron on patches and crafty sew-on patches from Etsy and the goober in me would love to grab a few just for fun. Afterall, I AM a Senior Wilderness Explorer, ya know.

Speaking of Exploring, I’ve spent an entire week resting and recuperating at my parents’ home in Kentucky and spend pretty much the entire time mapping out my September trip to Italy. I’ve poured HOURS into booking trains, planes, and automobiles; finding and reserving AirBnbs, hotels, and Agrigtourismo places; developing my own walking and driving tours; and seeking out the more out of-the-way places to explore. In a nutshell, I’ll be spending 3 weeks in Rome, Tuscany including Florence, Venice, the Puglia Region, and Naples. I’m ridiculously excited to take gazillions of photos of old castles, ancient cities, carved marble, and paintings by the Masters. My mouth is already drooling for pizza, espresso, Chianti, pasta, and gelato. September will be here before we know it and things are looking very promising with things opening up. Most sources are saying the monuments and museums will be opening up on June 3rd. With hope and confidence, I’ve booked all that I can at this point, including an in-country flight, a couple of train fares, rented a car, etc… One massive snafu is that literally 2 hours after I booked a rental car with Hertz I heard that they may be folding. Ah, the joys of traveling… CA-CA! RAAWWWWRRRRR!!!!

DVC members can't pool hop to all of the resort pools. There are some pools that DVC members not allowed to go to unless they are guests of that resort. I don't know the entire list but I do know that Storm Along Bay, Bay Lake Towers pool and the Volcano pool are some of the pools reserved for resort guests only. Storm Along Bay has CMs at the gates who scan your MB and issue bands. No pool hopping there for anybody. :)

I can't see Pascal in the last picture. No wonder you couldn't find him. :)
Interesting! I honestly had no idea and that makes sense. Otherwise, I'd that that Stormalong would be overflowing with local DVCers all year long. ::yes::

That was definitely the most tricky one!! But trust me, it's there!! ;)

Yay for you and your family for finding them all!!!! We've only stopped and done a quick look a couple of times. That last one is even hard to notice in the picture!

We tend to spend a lot of time with Jimmy on trips playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. We also like to get pressed pennies, but don't try for a huge collection, just new ones we come across and like. Jimmy was really excited to find a pressed quarter machine at Pop Century in December!
It super was hard to find!! But glad we stuck with it just to be able to say we could. ;) I did have some help along the way from others along the way and that's what makes it so much fun!

Sorcerers was such a great addition to the parks. I find it a bit tedious lacking a real goal, but the kids sure seem to enjoy the card collecting (and a few not so young) and video aspects of it.

When I first started going years ago, we did a few pennies, but didn't seem to keep that up very long. Over the years, we've lost them all sadly.

I love looking for Pascal. I don't think I have ever found all 10 but want to give it another go. Danielle and her roommates spent a good bit of time looking on one of their visits to the MK. I think they found them all. I enjoyed looking for the added chalk drawings of character on my short visit to Epcot in January during the Arts Festival.

I'm happy this activity helped bring everyone together. :hug:
You should! My advice: keep looking in places you think you've already looked in 100 times. :lmao: I'd love to get to the FARTS someday!!

Bill and I did the Hidden Pascal hunt last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we found 8 out of the ten. I love Hidden Mickey hunting and usually have my Hidden Mickey book with me. It's a great past time and conversation starter on solo trips. Plus , Hidden Mickey hunters always seem to know each other or at least understand what the other is doing!

8/10 on a single trip is pretty good!!! WOW! I remember that about your HMs and love to hunt too, but have lately gotten away from it in lieu of other pursuits. I really should bring my HM book next time and create and ABC HM Hunt. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!