The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

I finished the DL part of your trip report and then had to try to finish an ebook from the library before it evaporated from my iPad.

First, congrats on the birth of Declan. We're expecting grandchild number one in February, bittersweet because they live in Texas. I know you understand about being long distance.

Loved reading about your Club 33 experiences. It was the one thing my son wanted for his 33 birthday. Don't think the consolation that two of his friends went helped. My other ain't gonna happen is to attend a wedding at the Grand Floridian.

I always thought at retirement we would at least be snowbirds in Florida and I would work in the gift shop of the Grand Floridian. We've been retired a few years and my husband has no interest in leaving the miserable frigid NY winters. Probably me dream job in younger days would be California Grill server.

Glad you like Wilderness Lodge. That's next on my list to visit. I think it's resort #15 for me. Doesn't look like it will be before March. (See why I need to read your TR so badly?)

Nice! Jamaica is my favourite.

I loved it over there. Quiet! But! It is a bit far from the Main Bldg and pool, not bad but there was a walk. And now, if you want to ride the Skyliner, Jamaica is WAY far.

Interesting! This will be our first meal for our December trip, and we've actually never had dinner here before, only brunch. We're looking forward to it!

And see?! I didn't even know you could have brunch there! Do they have the entertainment then too?

Hmmmmm....this is very strange! I'd definitely be put off by this.

I was more perplexed than mad, but odd nevertheless.

I finished the DL part of your trip report and then had to try to finish an ebook from the library before it evaporated from my iPad.

YAY!! You're almost caught up!

First, congrats on the birth of Declan. We're expecting grandchild number one in February, bittersweet because they live in Texas. I know you understand about being long distance.

Thank you so much! It was so fun to hold a newborn again!

But yes, I all too well get the bittersweet you are experiencing. I haven't even seen or held my #2 (Rowan) nor seen his sister (Alice) in ages. They really won't even know me. I am thinking of moving East (somewhere) to be closer but that won't be for a while yet.

Loved reading about your Club 33 experiences. It was the one thing my son wanted for his 33 birthday. Don't think the consolation that two of his friends went helped. My other ain't gonna happen is to attend a wedding at the Grand Floridian.

Oh man, way to rub a bit of salt in. EEK. A wedding at the Grand would be magical, but I think a photo shoot inside the parks would be even more amazing!

I always thought at retirement we would at least be snowbirds in Florida and I would work in the gift shop of the Grand Floridian. We've been retired a few years and my husband has no interest in leaving the miserable frigid NY winters. Probably me dream job in younger days would be California Grill server.
Well, shoot! I would love to retire in FL too but just don't know at alll what my future holds. NY is pretty in the summer, but oh boy... those winters!

The Cali would certainly have the best view around for a sweet job gig!

Glad you like Wilderness Lodge. That's next on my list to visit. I think it's resort #15 for me. Doesn't look like it will be before March. (See why I need to read your TR so badly?)

EEK! I hope I get there before March! I will sure try!

And see?! I didn't even know you could have brunch there! Do they have the entertainment then too?

I believe they do have musicians during brunch at some point, but there wasn't any entertainment while we were there. I wonder if it was maybe because our brunch was fairly early in the day? The screen behind the stage said something about entertainment and the stage was set up for musicians.

I believe they do have musicians during brunch at some point, but there wasn't any entertainment while we were there. I wonder if it was maybe because our brunch was fairly early in the day? The screen behind the stage said something about entertainment and the stage was set up for musicians.
Interesting! I'll have to look at the menu for that!

Sorry I am so far behind! Loving your trip report so far! Congratulations on being a grandma to that precious baby Declan! 👶

Sorry I am so far behind! Loving your trip report so far! Congratulations on being a grandma to that precious baby Declan! 👶
I was (up til today) more than incredibly behind! Travel, family matters, working full time, etc... put me in a major setback on the DIS. The Holidays may make us all get a bit behind as well so I completely understand!! :) :hug:

Thanks for your congratulations; he sure is a cutie pie!

B is for: The Black Spires of Batuu

T’was nighttime in Batuu when all through the land

Not a creature was stirring by Jedi command

The Spires of Batuu stood tall in their black
With witness to every First Order attack

The parcels were all packed with the utmost of care
In hopes that Han Solo soon would be there.

The children were nestled all safe at the helm
While visions of Green Milk would soon underwhelm

With Momma in facepaint and I in disguise
Had just settled our roles and secured our supplies

When out on the pad there arose such a clatter
I sprang from the Falcon to see what was the matter

Away to the portal I flew like a flash
Tore open the airlock and saw this awful crash

The moon of the planet far in the distance
Gave luster to those who stood firm in resistance

When what to my wondering eye did appear?
But Chewy and someone from far-flung Frontier

With a big hairy driver; an honory Wookie
I knew in a moment he was no rookie!

More rapid than Kaadu we flew
Back to the Falcon; coaxiom we’d pursue

On Nari, On Zachy, on Mikki too!
Quick! Some Storm Troopers have come into view!

Down through the tunnels and into the base
Deflector shields up, we readied the chase

A bundle of weapons we'd smuggled onboard
We looked like mere traders with innocent hoard

Our hands at the ready, those buttons we pressed
With furious movements, we all did our best

We raced past the stars, at lightspeed we went
We pushed on her engines 1,000 percent

We spoke not a word, nor scenery did see
We crashed into all in a fiery spree

And we laughed when we saw it; the Falcon poor ship
She’d barely hung on as we made our quick trip

We spoke not a word as we hung heads with shame
As Hondo our patron called us by name.

You sucked at your mission, but I’ll give you a break
What you can fit into Crate 80 is all yours to take

And laying his saber aside of his thigh
He sprang to his freighter and took to the sky

And I heard him exclaim ere he flew out of sight,

"May your forces be strong as you continue the fight!"

Last edited:
Liesa, that was awesome! Probably my favourite thing I’ve ever read in a trip report 🙂
I can’t imagine how long it took you to put together (it would have taken me a while). Nicely done!

I love your Star Wars spin on a Christmas classic. :)

I never noticed the crashed ship until you mentioned it.

Liesa, that was awesome! Probably my favourite thing I’ve ever read in a trip report 🙂
I can’t imagine how long it took you to put together (it would have taken me a while). Nicely done!
Thank you, Jeff, that really means a lot. I was pretty discouraged with my writing lately. To be perfectly honest, I think @pkondz 's was a billion times better with FAR better photos, but this was a fun nod to the Holidays coming up and this material just seems to lend itself to creative writing efforts. :)

Last edited:
pnMICBI.gif

That was wonderful! Well done, you! You must be feeling pleased with how this update came out, especially since I know we were both commenting about how it feels like we can get into a rut on the Dis sometimes. I always have fun reading your posts, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this!

LOL!

I love this photo :)

B is for: The Black Spire of Batuu

T’was nighttime in Batuu when all through the land

Not a creature was stirring by Jedi command

The parcels were all packed with the utmost of care
In hopes that Han Solo soon would be there.

With Momma in facepaint and I in disguise
Had just settled our roles and secured our supplies

When out on the pad there arose such a clatter
I sprang from the Falcon to see what was the matter

Away to the portal I flew like a flash
Tore open the airlock and saw this awful crash

The moon of the planet far in the distance
Gave luster to those who stood firm in resistance

When what to my wondering eye did appear?
But Chewy and someone from far-flung Frontier

With a big hairy driver; an honory Wookie
I knew in a moment he was no rookie!

More rapid than Kaadu we flew
Back to the Falcon; coaxiom we’d pursue

On Nari, On Zachy, on Mikki too!
Quick! Some Storm Troopers have come into view!

Down through the tunnels and into the base
Deflector shields up, we readied the chase

A bundle of weapons we'd smuggled onboard
We looked like mere traders with innocent hoard

Our hands at the ready, those buttons we pressed
With furious movements, we all did our best

We raced past the stars, at lightspeed we went
We pushed on her engines 1,000 percent

We spoke not a word, nor scenery did see
We crashed into all in a fiery spree

And we laughed when we saw it; the Falcon poor ship
She’d barely hung on as we made our quick trip

We spoke not a word as we hung heads with shame
As Hondo our patron called us by name.

You sucked at your mission, but I’ll give you a break
What you can fit into Crate 80 is all yours to take

And laying his saber aside of his thigh
He sprang to his freighter and took to the sky

And I heard him exclaim ere he flew out of sight,

"May your forces be strong as you continue the fight!"

Nicely done. Very nice.

:darth: Impressive, most impressive.
:yoda: Good with poetry, you are.

I love your Star Wars spin on a Christmas classic. :)

I never noticed the crashed ship until you mentioned it.

Aww, thank you so much! It was a lot of fun to write although, there were a few times I almost gave up when it didn't seem to want to come together for me.

There were a few details in that area that were fun to come across. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter