The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Well dang it. My chance is gone forever.
Too late!!!
It pulled away before we got there. Happens to us all the time. We're too far away to run and watch it drive away.
Pulled away before you got there? Don't the busses arrive as you do? Or within a minute or two?
:faint:
I have literally not ONCE seen a review of it or anyone even mention they've ever been IN it.
Maybe it's just an empty shell!
OH dear no. I'm way too rushed in HM to get to concentrate on photography and you can't really open a tripod in the stretching room.
Okay... was... impressed.
If nothing else, I am thorough in my TRs, no?
:rolleyes1

along Planet Hollywood (does anyone EVER go in there?! Have you?
I did. In the year 2000. I was so “impressed” I have had no desire to go back. It was also back when there were many less options for eating in DTD. I don’t think I’ve ever read a review of it in any trip report. Obviously not very popular.

We were already looking up your information so we could call you and send it to your resort if you were staying here.”
Things like this always impress me about Disney.

That ridiculous jaunt ended up inviting a thorn-in-the-flesh Companion to me.
I always end up with at least one blister near the end of a trip. It’s the inevitable penance for enjoying a trip to Disney.

Have you ever forgotten or lost something at Disney? Did you get it back or find it? Tell us your stories!!!
Yes, when oldest DD was 8 we gave her an old camera to take her own pictures. She left it in the bathroom in MGM (as it was called back then). We didn’t notice until a couple hours later. We checked at guest services and it was there, a custodian had turned it in.

The back rows of the fish plane were to be our home for the next few hours, so may as well get comfy. Sure, that might sound sucky, but I did love my entire row to myself. I was pretty happy.
You have good luck with rows to yourself!
With our heads full of useless, yet entertaining, Disney trivia given via overhead videos, we made our merry way into the CBR lobby at 4:40PM- exactly what I'd predicted and planned for. I sent the kids outside to explore while I checked us in and in no time, we were headed to Jamaica. We got exactly the room I’d requested- a corner, 2nd floor, waterview. No, I didn’t pay for waterview, it just happened, and I couldn’t have been more pleased. BUT, I’m saving most of my photos for a CBR chapter all unto itself at some later point. Instead… a couple of teasers.
Looking forward to it!
The hour went quickly, and at 6:30 we made our way across to Raglan Road. When I started asking the kids which places they wanted to eat at and throwing out suggestions, Zach was the first to chime in and REALLY wanted to eat at Raglan again. It was, and remains, one of his favorite places in all of WDW. That’s saying a lot. It’s unique, delicious, fun, and upbeat.
We love RR too! Must get back there soon. :)
Instead of a simple, “I understand these things happen, but in the future, you will really need your card, but tonight, no problem, we’ll ring you up right away.” I got, and I poop you not, “You really need your card, Ma’am, but tonight we’ll let it go. But I want to thank you! Tonight, you get to be the one who let me do a good deed and helped me feel good about myself.”
What in the world????????
Was I over-reacting to the TIW card thing? What would you have done (besides take it in the first place). Things to consider: 1) The card/prvilege did cost me $175 so naturally I wanted to use it as much as possible, 2) am I wrong it thinking it should be extremely easy for them to look up cardholders? 3) if he'd argued and wouldn't honor it, would you have been irritated?
You did not over react. It should be easier to look up given the $$$ you pay for it. He was totally full of himself and I would have struggled to keep my cool.
And I heard him exclaim ere he flew out of sight,
"May your forces be strong as you continue the fight!"
Brilliant, simply brilliant!!!!

Never noticed that! Where is that?
Honestly? I have no idea. I was just wandering around and happened to see them somewhere. I'd have to hunt again for a while to spot them.
That is to the left as you're walking towards Toy Story Land. If you come in the main entrance and stay to the right, it will be mostly in front of you before you either turn left to go towards Kylo's ship or turn right to go to TSL.

You think that’s funny, don’t you?
Well yes....and no

Ask me about the time I left my toddler sleeping in a stroller in the men’s clothing section of the Goodwill once for a few minutes.
Hey Liesa, tell me about the time you left your toddler sleeping in a stroller.

Well, you did SAY to ask.

Packages? Uhh…. Er…
doh!

does anyone EVER go in there?!
I can't speak for anyone, only myself...NO!

no, no one knows how to navigate in DTD anymore
Truth. They (for you @franandaj ) made it a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Of course, there is always this solution
But, but....there are no windows and no doors.

However, this little imp, or is that "limp", was tenacious and persistent. Within a couple of hours of abusing my poor feet each morning, it’d practice self-replication and wiggle its way to the surface again making each step agonizing torture.
That sucks. As Paul Harvey said, now I know the rest of the story.

Son of Beelzebub
:lmao:

Have you ever forgotten or lost something at Disney?
I have. But I forget what.

Your Authoress, of course!
So, Mikki wrote that not you?

HEI HEI now!
:laughing:
Oh my, that will be a lot work.
Yeah.... gets worse... not for public consumption, though.
No, not too much, but it is a minimum 3-4 hour drive which is what flying with a connection would add anyway.
I did think of that and figured that's what you'd say.
No, Mr. VIP BusMan. I have the VIP Weather Pass instead though.
I do too. ;)
Maybe it's where Walt is kept in his cryogenic state.
:lmao:

I didn't realize that a restaurant would send a forgotten item back to the resort if they knew who the owner was. I would have run back to the restaurant, too.

As far as forgotten items, two recent experiences come to mind. I forgot my hat at Ale & Compass in October. It went back to the restaurant and they were holding it for me. I think we paid for our meal with a gift card so they would have no way of knowing who the hat belonged to.

The other recent experience was our grandson putting down his refillable mug in the Yacht & Beach arcade. It had been picked up by somebody, most likely stolen, and they would not replace his stolen mug.

I did. In the year 2000. I was so “impressed” I have had no desire to go back. It was also back when there were many less options for eating in DTD. I don’t think I’ve ever read a review of it in any trip report. Obviously not very popular.

UGH! Just not even a place the remotely interests me but I will concede it may very well be for the lack of reviews. Having said that, yours does not bode well for me ever getting there.

Things like this always impress me about Disney.

Me too. The "above and beyond" mentality.

I always end up with at least one blister near the end of a trip. It’s the inevitable penance for enjoying a trip to Disney.

It was actually surprised, but... I was traveling with my non-park/travel shoes and that was my undoing.

Yes, when oldest DD was 8 we gave her an old camera to take her own pictures. She left it in the bathroom in MGM (as it was called back then). We didn’t notice until a couple hours later. We checked at guest services and it was there, a custodian had turned it in.
Oh man, I can't think of a worse thing to lose. :( The one thing that can give you a lifetime of memories... I'm so happy she got it back!!!

You have good luck with rows to yourself!

I really have lately!
What in the world????????

It was... odd...

You did not over react. It should be easier to look up given the $$$ you pay for it. He was totally full of himself and I would have struggled to keep my cool.

You'd sure think so! I kept my cool, but it sure left a bad taste in my mouth.

Brilliant, simply brilliant!!!!

Thanks!

That is to the left as you're walking towards Toy Story Land. If you come in the main entrance and stay to the right, it will be mostly in front of you before you either turn left to go towards Kylo's ship or turn right to go to TSL.
I'll take your word for it! Thanks!

Hey Liesa, tell me about the time you left your toddler sleeping in a stroller.

Well, you did SAY to ask.

So this one time I was in the Goodwill....

Truth. They (for you @franandaj ) made it a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

I like it no less. I find it a very pretty, yet upbeat and classy sort of place I don't mind being lost in.

But, but....there are no windows and no doors.

Then it's up to you find a way out! Unless you want to stay; I hear they are looking for one more. :)

I have. But I forget what.

Then it wasn't a trip's worth of photos ;)

So, Mikki wrote that not you?
No, no, just tongue and cheek writing. :)

I didn't realize that a restaurant would send a forgotten item back to the resort if they knew who the owner was. I would have run back to the restaurant, too.

Well, tbh, I have no idea if everywhere will do that and I'd imagine that's more a reflection of good management than anything else. But yeah, I had to go becuase I didn't know, and would again, because I can't count on that.

As far as forgotten items, two recent experiences come to mind. I forgot my hat at Ale & Compass in October. It went back to the restaurant and they were holding it for me. I think we paid for our meal with a gift card so they would have no way of knowing who the hat belonged to.

Aww, that's awesome! Glad that one was recovered!

The other recent experience was our grandson putting down his refillable mug in the Yacht & Beach arcade. It had been picked up by somebody, most likely stolen, and they would not replace his stolen mug.
I can see both sides of the coin here.

While on the one hand it's pennies per serving, and they'd lose NO money on one kid having a few extra cups, I can also see losers taking advantage of a loophole/opportunity and lying about it. Then Disney would potentially be out a lot of money.

So this one time I was in the Goodwill....
"Hey, Madge! Look what I picked up at the Goodwill!"
"Herbert! You take that back right this minute and get your money back. It looks cute now, but will cost us a fortune when it's old enough for college!"
OH dear, well I do hope there is some sort of bright spot in there to make it all worth it!!
There is. :)
Ohh, resource guarding, are we?
What can I say. Disney loves me.

Wait... Disney loves my money... that's the same thing, isn't it?

Packages? Uhh…. Er… <a few grown up expletives>… Nope.

Uh oh... :(

started jog-walking back through the Westside along Planet Hollywood (does anyone EVER go in there?! Have you?)

Yes, actually!! I have!! Though I don't make a habit of it anymore. But back in my youth (many moons ago :P) we wandered in here on a family trip for lunch and had a mediocre meal. We went back at least once on a subsequent trip. These were the types of places my mom would seek out when I was younger because: (1) I liked places that sold collectible pins and other similar types of merch, and (2) I was a very picky eater as a child/adolescent (until I became an adult and realized that trying new and adventurous foods was fun and not scary.)

Of course, there is always this solution.)

heh heh

“Oh, yeah, we put it in the back for you and have been waiting for you. We were already looking up your information so we could call you and send it to your resort if you were staying here.”

Wow! Unfortunate that you schlepped yourself over there when you didn't have to, but that's some good service!!

For the next 5 days I endured a small piece of Hell on Earth. I limped by day and practiced religious exorcism by night.

Oh no!!! So very unfortunate. Blisters are the worst on vacation!! I would happily walk as fast as I could for as long as I could each day at WDW, but blisters always have to go and slow you down if you try that.

"Hey, Madge! Look what I picked up at the Goodwill!"
"Herbert! You take that back right this minute and get your money back. It looks cute now, but will cost us a fortune when it's old enough for college!"

Ain't that the truth!! I still wouldn't trade any of mine in though. ;)
What can I say. Disney loves me.

Wait... Disney loves my money... that's the same thing, isn't it?
Very close.

Very.

Now, let’s get this WDW Trip ticked off!

Ok! First I'll go without making any advance reservations.

I deliberately chose a flight on Alaska because: 1) they have the only non-stop to MCO from Portland, and 2) there was small chance in Hades we’d get the Disney plane. Then again, we’d have about as much chance of that as Disney lowering ticket prices.

So, none whatsoever, then.

My real motivation was that I wanted to hit up DTD for dinner, but that’s hours and hours from where we begin.

Always planning ahead. A true DIS veteran.

liverwurst (tease all you want; we love it!) Cheetos (yes, I actually like them too)

Liverwurst and cheetos...breakfast of champions.

After a stern talking to about keeping phones on, communicating clearly, blah, blah, blah (which was coincidentally the EXACT same conversation I had with them in 2016 and probably every trip we’ve ever taken as a family to WDW)

Kids exist only to not listen or follow good advice.

We got exactly the room I’d requested- a corner, 2nd floor, waterview.

Nice!

Aren't Disney smiles fantastic smiles?

::yes::

...and Snapchat to know all about it. It was something I was going to have to get used to.

Kids these days…While they made ridiculous duckfaces

Never once seen Snapchat...and I have no idea what a duck face is supposed to do for you, other than make you look like an idiot. I have fully become a Grumpy Old Man.®

I’m curious about exactly what heritage the pork actually had. Was its grandfather a wealthy banker? Did his mother’s side have a hint of South American that no one really knows the story about? "Cheshire"... was its heritage one of constant grinning?

:rotfl2: It was sitting in the refrigerator for the last 7 weeks.

My camera really hurts my neck to carry anymore.

Ugh. That's not good.

Instead of a simple, “I understand these things happen, but in the future, you will really need your card, but tonight, no problem, we’ll ring you up right away.” I got, and I poop you not, “You really need your card, Ma’am, but tonight we’ll let it go. But I want to thank you! Tonight, you get to be the one who let me do a good deed and helped me feel good about myself.”

Wow. Passive-aggressive much?

Just as we’d gotten to the bus area (do you have ANY idea how far of a trek that is?!) from Raglan, I felt something was missing…. Hmmm… what could it be?

Your phone?

Was I over-reacting to the TIW card thing? What would you have done (besides take it in the first place). Things to consider: 1) The card/prvilege did cost me $175 so naturally I wanted to use it as much as possible, 2) am I wrong it thinking it should be extremely easy for them to look up cardholders? 3) if he'd argued and wouldn't honor it, would you have been irritated?

I agree with 1) completely, it's worth asking since you paid for it. I also agree with 2). There has to be a way to check. With 3) I would have reluctantly given in...after all, it is my fault I didn't have it. But his comment was annoying.

The parcels were all packed with the utmost of care
In hopes that Han Solo soon would be there.

But he's not...instead, it's some characters you've never heard of.

We raced past the stars, at lightspeed we went
We pushed on her engines 1,000 percent

We spoke not a word, nor scenery did see
We crashed into all in a fiery spree

"I didn't know you could fly!"

"Fly, yes. Land? No."

Children? Check. (You think that’s funny, don’t you? Ask me about the time I left my toddler sleeping in a stroller in the men’s clothing section of the Goodwill once for a few minutes.)

Every parent has done that once.

Packages? Uhh…. Er… <a few grown up expletives>… Nope.

D'oh.

“Oh, yeah, we put it in the back for you and have been waiting for you. We were already looking up your information so we could call you and send it to your resort if you were staying here.”

Hey, a nice and helpful CM! That's more like it.

However, this little imp, or is that "limp", was tenacious and persistent. Within a couple of hours of abusing my poor feet each morning, it’d practice self-replication and wiggle its way to the surface again making each step agonizing torture. I tried walking on the side of my foot, I tried soaking it at night, moleskin, changing shoes… everything I could think of to outsmart that little SOB (Son of Beelzebub) to no avail.

Oh, that's no fun. My wife has a hard time covering the parks due to arthritis in her feet. It's hard.

Have you ever forgotten or lost something at Disney? Did you get it back or find it?

Well, there was the time my dad left his bag at BTMRR while he rode the train and then made me walk from Fantasyland to retrieve it for him...

First of all, blisters can ruin a vacation sorry you had to deal with that for 5 days, ouch!
Second, I was so forgetful in August, not sure why, the heat maybe? I left my little blue blanket at US and didn’t bother trying to recover it.
I lost my phone and thankfully did get it back
I lost 2 of my hand sanitizers didn’t get back
I hid a bunch of cash in my suitcase when we transferred from US to WDW and had a panic attack trying to find it, thank goodness “young” Andi remembered where it was in the suitcase, yikes! I was bad this last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!