The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Hi 🙋‍♀️ glad to see you back and wow give yourself a pat on the back for completing your BSN in 4 months!! This fellow RN MSN is super proud of you!! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁

Oh? I haven't noticed anything different.

:duck:

Wait? Are you living in a cave like the rest of us? LOL!!
That's wonderful news! Congratulations!
(And before I go further... that is Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Right?)
Yes, a Baccalaureate of Nursing. :)
:faint:
Holy smokes. No wonder you've been scarce around these parts. (And welcome back by the way! :))

It was pretty much all-life consuming.
I bet! You've accomplished a lot!

Just glad it's behind me!
Never did get into that. Heard good things, of course. I started watching House. I'm only about 4 episodes in but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Glad that's keeping you busy. :) We all need things to find to pass the time.
Very nice. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks!
I sure hope so. Things are definitely starting to look a bit more promising with the recent announcements on the vaccine front.

I guess we'll see. We've been told a lot of things that haven't been accurate, so not really holding my breath.
Happy Thanksgiving to you! Enjoy eating all the things!
I did! :) And will again tomorrow!! Thanksgiving is so good, it deserves to be done twice.

Last edited:
Me? I am fine. Busy at work (got a promotion in April in the middle of lockdown, such a strange time to start a new job!). We managed to have a fairly nice summer with a week in a summer house in Denmark at the beach. That was so peaceful!

It's been months now since this post. How is that new job going now? I think you're back on lockdown again, so has that impacted you much? Denmark sounds lovely!! And now, you can see Brook as well! How fun!

I am glad to see the update and hear about your successes with school! We had 10 days of riots in Kenosha, and I was thinking about you out in Oregon. I am sorry about your Italy trip, but is sounds like you made the best of it and repurposed your time and efforts in a positive direction. I hope you have fully recovered from your surgery and its subsequent complications. Stay well!

Just when we thought the mayhem was going to die down, a crowd ran through another section (dont' let them fool you about how "small" the area is) of town miles away from the core where it usually is, and destroyed a few more businesses yesterday. Until enough of the decent people cry enough is enough, it won't stop.

Hopefully next September it'll alll still happen. VERY gunshy about making any flight plans, or well, any plans at all.

I think I'm about as good as it's gonna get post-surgery. Can't say I feel amazing, but the numbness and tingling is gone in the arm I had the surgery for. It lingers in the other that I'll be on Gabapentin possibly forever for.

I know I just disappeared also. At first it was just working full time and doing the trav** ag** thing.. Then it became just too much getting upset on Facebook. Miss my DIS peeps, just out of sorts lately, Liesa, enjoy your trip and know we've got your back!

Yes, I am out of sorts too. It's gone beyond, "just tired of this". No trip now until next year. I needed a vacation MONTHS ago, and now will probably die of old age before I get another. At least I'm alive- if we can consider "alive" breathing and sitting on the couch doing nothing unless we're at work.

Hey! I've been neglecting the Dis myself as life has been really busy. Thank goodness for being able to keep up with most on Facebook.

To be very honest, I've not even been on one single thread since I "left", so have NO idea who is even still here and posting. Slowly need to find my way back to where I left off and connect again.

I think we all have been a bid busy. Funny how quaratine can some how make us more busy!
I think it was/is important to try and make lemonade from the lemons. But, I confess, the pitcher is running low. Even the lemons are starting to rot now.

Last edited:
Hi 🙋‍♀️ glad to see you back and wow give yourself a pat on the back for completing your BSN in 4 months!! This fellow RN MSN is super proud of you!! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁
Thanks, Caroline! It was in reality short, I know, but felt like it'd never end, especially towards the end. I just wanted to be done so much. But I DID learn a lot, and I DO think it'll be useful in helping me find a job when I move. Hope your Thanksgiving was a really nice one. :goodvibes

Congratulations to you! It must be a huge relief to have attained the BSN. Now what will you do with all your free time. ;)

Congratulations to you! It must be a huge relief to have attained the BSN. Now what will you do with all your free time. ;)
Thanks!! It sure is!!

Hmmm, I guess since my true love is travel, and that's out for now, I'll work a bit extra, start getting my stuff ready to sell for my move, and plan Italy 4.0. (1.0 was just me, 2.0 was me and Anara, 3.0 was me, Anara, and Kari all this year. 4.0 for next year is Me, Anara, Kari, my other daughter Mikki, and a friend of hers, Hannah.)

Wait? Are you living in a cave like the rest of us? LOL!!
Igloo, actually.
It was pretty much all-life consuming.
Sure sounds like it. Glad to see you around here again. :)
Just glad it's behind me!
I bet!
Glad that's keeping you busy. :) We all need things to find to pass the time.
I suppose so. Usually I don’t have all that much time, but these are crazy times.
I guess we'll see. We've been told a lot of things that haven't been accurate, so not really holding my breath.
Well you’re in the medical profession so I defer to your expertise. I guess I’ll temper my expectations too.
I did! :) And will again tomorrow!! Thanksgiving is so good, it deserves to be done twice.
Wow! Eat all the foods!!!

:dancer: I am doing the happy dance for you! Congratulations for completing your BSN! I am so happy for you!

But what some of you may NOT know is that I have finished my BSN!! In 4 months, I've tackled 13 classes including Biochemistry, Statistics, many classes on Nursing Leadership, Patient Safety, Quality Improvement, etc, etc.... It's devoured almost every spare moment I've had, caused major lacks of sleep, countless late nights, stress; basically I've had no life for 4 months. I am proud of my accomplishment, but more happy that I have my life back.
Congratulations!!!
I've been enjoying binge watching Downton Abbey, and eating better meals the last few days now that I have time to actually cook. Slowly, I will get back to writing, but not this weekend. I have a Thanksgiving dinner to attend, I'm on call today and tomorrow, and am hosting my kids for another Thanksgiving meal Saturday. Maaaaaaybe Sunday I'll find some time to figure out where I left off and dredge up some more material that is now over a year old. I'm pretty sure it'll be boring for y'all, but the Completist in me must finish this up.
Considering how long it is going to be before I travel again , any Disney reading is good reading! Plus we'll have your gorgeous photos to look forward to. :)
So, this is just a heartfelt HELLO too all of those who are left that might still be around. If one of those might be YOU, drop a line and say 'hi' back. I've missed you! I've seen many of you on FB and while we may not always agree on this or that, I do hope we can find commonality and friendship here. With that... Happy Thanksgiving- we have much to be truly thankful for, even still.
Hi Liesa! Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving with your family!

But what some of you may NOT know is that I have finished my BSN!!
YAAAAY!!!! You did it!!! 13 classes in 4 months is no small feat! You should be immensely proud of yourself (I'm sure you are. That was sort of bossy to say, LOL!)

Maaaaaaybe Sunday I'll find some time to figure out where I left off and dredge up some more material that is now over a year old. I'm pretty sure it'll be boring for y'all, but the Completist in me must finish this up.
Yes, please! :) The Type A trip report reader would love for you to complete it! (I should take my own advice here and finish up my December 2019 TR, wouldn't ya say!?)

So, this is just a heartfelt HELLO too all of those who are left that might still be around. If one of those might be YOU, drop a line and say 'hi' back. I've missed you!
HELLOOOOOO, friend!!!! :)

Igloo, actually.
The great White North of Winnterpeg. ;)
Sure sounds like it. Glad to see you around here again. :)
Thanks PK. I’ve missed everyone around here a lot.
I suppose so. Usually I don’t have all that much time, but these are crazy times.
They really are. I have a long list of things I’d love to do both short-term and long-term but for now I’m going to scale back and find some rest.
Wow! Eat all the foods!!!
Let’s see… Yesterday, we enjoyed Cornish game hen, roast duck, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, asparagus sautéed in garlic butter, deviled eggs, a cheeseboard, snacks with games, cherry pie, peach rhubarb pie (that we were all too far to actually eat so I’ll take to work tomorrow), Hot cider with fireball whiskey, and spiked eggnog.

Diet starts today.

:dancer: I am doing the happy dance for you! Congratulations for completing your BSN! I am so happy for you!
Hi Terri!! Thank you so much, it’s all very exciting to finally be a free woman again. I just hope it was all worth it in the end.

Congratulations!!!
Thank you so much!
Considering how long it is going to be before I travel again , any Disney reading is good reading! Plus we'll have your gorgeous photos to look forward to. :)
We’ll see what I can manage later this evening. I can’t guarantee a chapter but at least I’m going to start working on things. The hard part is figuring out what I have left to write about.
Hi Liesa! Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving with your family!
I super did! All of my local kids and a grandbaby made it over and we enjoyed a full day of board games, conversation, and eating. Like, a lot of eating.

YAAAAY!!!! You did it!!! 13 classes in 4 months is no small feat! You should be immensely proud of yourself (I'm sure you are. That was sort of bossy to say, LOL!)
LOL! I didn’t take it as bossy at all! :) And I can hear your enthusiasm for me through and through. Thank you for cheering me on and yes, I am proud of my hard work. But more than that I’m just glad to have it behind me.
Yes, please! :) The Type A trip report reader would love for you to complete it! (I should take my own advice here and finish up my December 2019 TR, wouldn't ya say!?)
I’m going to start taking a peek at things this evening and see where I left off and how much I have left to actually write. I think it’s only a couple chapters, 3 or four at the most, but I’ll get ‘er done.
HELLOOOOOO, friend!!!! :)
:wave: :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter