The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

LOL! I was pretty tough on them you know... paying for their hotel, food, tickets.... etc... ;)
The poor things!
I'm still going to ride it and predict I'll really love it. Every new system has to go through some growing pains; I'm really not too worried over this.
I'm not worried in the least.
You'll note that not a single person was injured...
I think that is an impressionistic loose interpretation of exactly that. I don't particulary like it, but did feel it fit the theme.
Um... not my cup of tea.
:)
I guess that's what quiet pools are for, but.... (cue a bit more ominous music).
Oh, oh...
That works about as well as any other explanation.
Definitely accurate.
o_O

You didn't!! LOL!
Good Lord, no!
No one wants to see that in the best circumstances, let alone the worst. (That'd be me.)
But if it'd been any other time, there'd have been a LOT more traffic and noice and the idyllic setting would have been shattered.
Good point.
So this is what you do... Go to the cottage my dad built for a client.

Click this link: Cottage on Malachi Lake

Then zoom out and keep zooming out.
An entire bay of a large lake with no one else around.

The beatings will continue until you share your pass.
Had to read that twice.
I missed the "p" in "pass".
Really? I do! I fly in these cool pirate ships on PP, Doom Buggies in HM, even People Movers. ;)
I don't consider those transportation. I think of them as rides.
But if that's the case... nothing better than PP.

I love your tour of CBR. It was the resort we always went to when our sons were young (and not so young). We felt that we got two vacations for the price of one, the theme park during the day and an island oasis at night. Especially when they were very young, I think they may have preferred the pool, beach (and sprite boats!) to long lines and short rides. Not a fan of the Riviera. I expressed my dislike on a Resorts board thread. As a longtime CBR lover I think it's an eyesore. As a Disney stockholder I'm glad not everyone agrees. :confused3

BTW I took only three photos at CBR in September, including this one.

941F01A8-43C0-4E9C-98D8-E035A98F0808_1_201_a.jpeg

Isn't that the opposite of what we're supposed to be doing?!?

My oldest DD is 22 (how the heck did that happen???) but she's a big Disney animated movies fan. When one comes out, she insists we see it. Haven't seen Frozen II though yet.

You raised your daughter well. I have two sons. One lives in California and has an annual pass to DL. :thumbsup2 The other lived in CA for SIX years and never once visited DL. Didn't even want to join us when we offered to pay. :faint:

First, although it SHOULD go without saying, I'll say it anyway. Great photos.

In my quest to stay at all the Disney resorts, I chose Caribbean Beach, not only to knock one more off the list, but because it was in our price range and, as I said, is on the Skyliner.
Now that I live here local, I think there will be a lot of resorts we don't do. :sad2:

Our room was ready and was beautifully situated exactly where I had requested.
Fantastic!

No! Even better!
Even better than fantastic? Wow!

Instead, we were given exactly that with a stunning water view. It was pure Heaven being greeted each morning to views like this:

(to the left)​
Yeah, views like that are wonderful.

The Welcoming Committee was large and impressive as well!

That is a mighty big moth.

For 5 people it was adequate, but my kids are slobs and kept nothing inside their bags, so it basically looked like a bomb had gone off strewing crap all over the place for the week.
Children making it look like a bomb exploded? Say it isn't so. Having had 7 kids, I find that hard to believe. I have some swampland I'll sell you too.

Well, except that one time... But that's getting ahead of myself (cue ominous music..)
Duh dun dunnnnn.

Because I am poor and cheap, I did not upgrade to the VIP Transportation Package so there were a few long waits too.
I presume there's only one person rich enough to afford that...he's the only one I know that does that well with buses.

Dance with Miley Cyrus Hour that every Disney pool has
Is that before or after the nails on a chalkboard hour? I'll take the chalkboard.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a new favorite breakfast at Disney
:woohoo: Bacon and dole whip!

Avocado Toast Caribbean-style.
Oh

For me, I'm not a big avocado fan and just a more picky eater in general. I'm glad you liked it, but I'll just have to take your word for it.

Jamaica would the wrong building to ask for; it was a long way from the station.
But, are the fantastic views worth it?

Now, it's YOUR turn: What's your favorite form of Disney transportation to get around with?
If we include me driving around Disney, then that is my favorite. I do not have the VIP transportation pass and we've found ourselves very delayed getting around waiting for a monorail or bus. If not that, my preference is boat because it seems more peaceful than the arctic bus and monorail.

I limped by day and practiced religious exorcism by night.
Spoken like a true nurse! I mean, really, what nurse would wait for time to heal it, or even worse, seek professional help? :crutches: (Unless you happened to be traveling with another nurse! :rotfl: BTW, great job on the Batuu chapter!

I really enjoyed this resort, although it was 2010 when I stayed there. It’s changed quite a bit since then. I liked the overall relaxing vibe and the look of the buildings.
I can see that and I would be so tempted to harass my girls to tidy up. But you’re right, it’s vacation. Learning from Elsa is probably a good thing.

It was temporary and we had better and more fun things to do than always be after the room. At one point it did get to a point that was out of control, but in general, we just lived like The Messy's.

This is part of the reason why I liked the resort. Taking a relaxing walk listening to the Caribbean background music was a plus in my book. Unfortunately it was the reason my wife did not like the resort. Too big and spread out for her. We were in Trinidad North (which I think they renamed) so it wasn’t even the farthest building from Port Royale

You know, Disney vacations ARE a lot about rushing, noise, being on time, etc..... it does actually feel very good to set all of that aside for a few moments each day at the beginning, middle or end to just find some quiet and slower paced "being". CBR lends itself well to that.

With you feet the way they swell, I can totally see why she'd not want to walk quite as much as CBR demands depending on where you stay.

It looks nice now. When I stayed there it was a fairly run of the mill outdoor bar.

I like the refurb and soft colors. LOVE the porch swing with pillows too. Oddly, I never saw a single person use it!

But there’s green on that and it’s not shaped like Mickey 😅
sorry? I don’t understand. 😝

actually I really have thought about having oatmeal or something a little better for me, but it’s hard to resist those darn Mickey waffles.

LOL!! I am the odd man out here. I tried Mickey waffles once, and simply didn't care for them.

Probably boat. But the less travelled routes. Like PORS to DTD. Or the smaller boat that goes from MK to WL - I really liked that ride when I went to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. I like seeing parts of WDW that I don’t normally see and are a bit more relaxing.

Love me some boats! Boats to anywhere that Disney takes me! Awesome views for sure!

This is so fun! I love that your kids couldn't help but get involved in the alphabet search :)

I think it annoyed them sometimes too, but they were good sports for the most part. Although, now I seem to be missing a few that I took!! Need to look more carefully now.

This is so lovely! I'm obsessed with this beautiful view!

Those sunrises were stunning. I loved how they reflected over the water!

Uh oh...this sounds ominous...must be the ominous music.

:laughing:

:rotfl:

But yes. Somehow I think the snot is probably the least gross fluid in that pool.

Possibly?

Ok. Probably.

Oh my goodness! This looks so yummy and aesthetically pleasing!

Doesn't it?!

I'm not sure which building you were in, but we actually requested Jamaica 45 when we were there (I think we ended up being put in either 46 or 44 though, which still wasn't too too bad.)

QczNTRR.png

Yep, same building. Great location, IMHO! Our room was right about 2:00 on Bldg. 45 in that little sticky out thingy.

Nice!! It's a really pretty resort. Nathan liked it a lot there as well, especially now that the rooms received an upgrade a while ago.

It is a pretty resort but I still think POFQ trumps it for size as it's just as pretty. But, if the price difference was significant, I would stay at CR again.

Obviously Segweys! :lmao:

Aside from this? I'm a big fan of the monorail when it's feasible. And we often either bring our car or rent a car, so we do a lot of driving to parks unless we're staying onsite and going to Magic Kingdom.

LOL!! Good one! You two are adorable!

I am honestly having a very hard time ranking my favorites too! I love the boats but can have long waits, the monorail is nostagic and fun but only 2 parks and can also have long waits, buses are.... buses. I think I'm going to ADORE the Skyliner, but only 2 parks, Lyft/MiniVan $$$$$, I DUNNO!!! :laughing:

On the upside, at least you didn't get trapped on it.

Very true, although what a story to be evacuated by the fire dept with ladders?

Ahhh...don't mind me if I snooze off.

You're excused but bathroom passes are limited. Choose wisely.

I really like the mods. They're generally nicer than most places I get to stay. And the theming is really well done.

Agreed. I love a few of the deluxes too, when I can splurge or afford, but am perfectly happy at mods or even values.

@pkondz is notoriously stingy on sharing his methods of procuring those.

Could he be bribed...?

I never minded the long walks at those resorts. There's always something interesting to look at. Then again, I don't have arthritic feet, either.

I don't mind it either except after a really long day in the parks compounded by a long wait for a bus.

I like those lights. Pretty cool.

I loved the pastels of them. There were more in the Food Court.

::yes:: I can definitely see that! It would be more interesting to ride than the buses.

Not to mention a MUCH shorter wait time to get on AND a shorter ride both.

Well, I'll answer with the qualification that everything is running like it should (no breakdowns, constantly "holding at the station for clearance", or waiting 30 minutes to get on).

The monorail has captivated me since I was a little boy, so I'll go with that. No Disney trip is complete without a spin on the monorail. Boats would be number 2. Buses are buses, so they'll never excite me, but if they could at least turn the air conditioners up above 48 degrees that would help.

I agree, and I also think it's a fun aim to get on all modes each trip. As for the freeze-machines.... I've expounded on that ridiculousness for years.

The poor things!

I'll bet you can hear my heartstings from all the way over there.

I'm not worried in the least.
You'll note that not a single person was injured...

This is correct.

Um... not my cup of tea.

Not my thing either, but I will say that it did fit the location and theme and added to the overall feel.

Good Lord, no!
No one wants to see that in the best circumstances, let alone the worst. (That'd be me.)

Bananas are always gross. Unless they are frozen and covered with chocolate. And consumed at Disney.

Good point.
So this is what you do... Go to the cottage my dad built for a client.

Click this link: Cottage on Malachi Lake

Then zoom out and keep zooming out.
An entire bay of a large lake with no one else around.

Whoa! That's pretty isolated! Did he get there by float plane?

Had to read that twice.
I missed the "p" in "pass".

See above comments about bananas and no one wants to see that....

I don't consider those transportation. I think of them as rides.
But if that's the case... nothing better than PP.

Sure they are! You can go to Neverland, to Regions Beyond, and the Spanish Caribbean!

I love your tour of CBR. It was the resort we always went to when our sons were young (and not so young). We felt that we got two vacations for the price of one, the theme park during the day and an island oasis at night. Especially when they were very young, I think they may have preferred the pool, beach (and sprite boats!) to long lines and short rides.

That I can see! We didn't take a non-park day there (saved it for when we got to the Poly) but I can see that. I would say most littler ones would agree, as do most online reviews, that it has the best splash n play area for the littles. The playgrounds were quite nice too that we walked by.

Not a fan of the Riviera. I expressed my dislike on a Resorts board thread. As a longtime CBR lover I think it's an eyesore. As a Disney stockholder I'm glad not everyone agrees. :confused3

I DO want to visit it and see the design and decor, but from an overall aesthetics standpoint of it looking like a Vegas highrise.... it does.

BTW I took only three photos at CBR in September, including this one.

941F01A8-43C0-4E9C-98D8-E035A98F0808_1_201_a.jpeg

I love to notice the trashcan graphics! Some are really very clever!

Isn't that the opposite of what we're supposed to be doing?!?

I've always giggled over that. :laughing:
The other lived in CA for SIX years and never once visited DL. Didn't even want to join us when we offered to pay. :faint:

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

You're excused but bathroom passes are limited. Choose wisely.
Says the woman who used most of the bathroom passes up. :lmao:

Could he be bribed...?
Probably. Dole whips, bacon, ice cream or ariel items seems to work for me.

I don't mind it either except after a really long day in the parks compounded by a long wait for a bus.
That's the part of Disney transportation that gets me riled...the fireworks are ending, you KNOW there's going to be a big crowd, deploy more buses for that 30-45 minute window!!!! This is the main reason I don't stay for the fireworks (well, and also because HEA sucks compared to wishes). I want to beat the crowd to the buses, monorail, boat so I don't have an insane wait when I'm already tired.

They sound a bit off key though. More like a wailing tomcat when they're about to fight more so than sadness.

Could he be bribed...?
You can try... but, no. I can't.
So that's what that sound is!
Not my thing either, but I will say that it did fit the location and theme and added to the overall feel.
I can see that. :)
Bananas are always gross. Unless they are frozen and covered with chocolate. And consumed at Disney.
Wait... how did we switch to fruit...
Whoa! That's pretty isolated! Did he get there by float plane?
You could, and I'm pretty sure he did once or twice.
At first he would drive to the north end where there was a small settlement (and even a rail line) and then boat from there. After a while, he cut a logging road to his place. You had to have a Jeep or similar to use it.
See above comments about bananas and no one wants to see that....
:rolleyes1
Sure they are! You can go to Neverland, to Regions Beyond, and the Spanish Caribbean!
Well... yeah, okay.
Probably. Dole whips, bacon, ice cream or ariel items seems to work for me.
I'll take all of those... but you still won't bribe me.

First, although it SHOULD go without saying, I'll say it anyway. Great photos.

Thanks, Doc. I liked how a few of them really turned out better than I'd hoped. That one of the sunrise was early enough that the lens fog should have been a problem, but wasn't! Yay!

Now that I live here local, I think there will be a lot of resorts we don't do. :sad2:

But you can visit them often and eat there and stuff. Some of the lobbies have really nice seating areas and I can see myself going there to do work in a fun atmosphere!

Even better than fantastic? Wow!

I was pleased!

Yeah, views like that are wonderful.

They really are. Wish I could see it everyday.

That is a mighty big moth.

It's color was really striking too. The photo just didn't do it justice. It was a gorgeous green color and very striking.

Children making it look like a bomb exploded? Say it isn't so. Having had 7 kids, I find that hard to believe. I have some swampland I'll sell you too.

LOL! Spoken like a true parent.

I presume there's only one person rich enough to afford that...he's the only one I know that does that well with buses.

Me too. I almost always have to wait at LEAST 10 minutes, often times more.

Is that before or after the nails on a chalkboard hour? I'll take the chalkboard.

Irrittating for 200, Alex.

But, are the fantastic views worth it?

Yeah.

If we include me driving around Disney, then that is my favorite. I do not have the VIP transportation pass and we've found ourselves very delayed getting around waiting for a monorail or bus. If not that, my preference is boat because it seems more peaceful than the arctic bus and monorail.

Nor do I. Nor any other discounted parking so the costs for that for me would be prohibitive. So, I'm stuck with Disney transportation.

D is for: Decompression (and Fusion) Surgery

Well, the long-standing inevibility of neck surgery has come. After years of putting it off, trying all of the conservative treatments the insurance wants you to go through, and simply living in pain for far too long, I'm having a 2 level (C5-6 and C6-7) cervical decompression and fusion. 5 days before my folks are arriving for the Holidays and my hosting a gathering for 12, on the 16th at 9:00 to be exact, I'll be going under the knife.

The nice part is that I'll be having it done where I work with familiar and trusted people at my side. I have seen the work of whichever anesthesiologist I get and my RN co-workers are the BEST. I'll be off work for a minimum of 4 weeks and really can't afford to take anymore than that off, so I'd love prayers for a super speedy recovery so I can get back to doing what I do. The good news is that I'll be able to devote more time to writing and editing photos while I'm off so I can speed this TR along a bit.

So this coming weekend is all about getting ready ahead of time for my Christmas Family Dinner on the 21st, cooking stuff to freeze for myself while I'm laid up, cleaning, and finishing my Christmas shopping. Meanwhile, Happy Holidays, All!! I hope everything is merry and bright for you!!

That last pic had me laughing so hard (sorry!!) All I could think of was porta potties at the State fair years ago when my son was trying to demonstrate to his little brother how to not "sit". Having so much fun reading your TR!

I am sending positive thoughts and remember just keep swimming!

I wish a speedy recovery for you and an improved quality of life with less pain!

I love the pictures around CBR, beautiful. We may need to stay here again in the future, the Skyliner is a plus!

Well, in light of your upcoming surgery, the dilemma I was going to share seems trivial (it is!) but this is Disney, so I'll ask your opinion anyway.

FIRST, thinking good thoughts for your surgery. I don't suppose there's PT afterwards, right? I'm not a big fan.

Yesterday I had planned to reserve at Wilderness Lodge for March. When push came to shove I just couldn't do it. To review (because you have so many readers I don't expect you to keep us all straight), I LOVE my solo trips and I've been making my way through the resorts. Wilderness Lodge was next on my list. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost for lil old me. I keep thinking that If I stayed at a value (I've already been to all of them) it would be like Mickey standing outside my door each morning, handing me $300 and telling me to have fun. Ugh. I go back and forth. When I think I've convinced myself to go big, I picture Mickey handing me the wad of cash. When I think about a value, or Port Orleans French Quarter, the only mod I haven't been to, I tell myself that at my advanced age I never know which trip will be the last. I know, first world problems. You like to go solo, do you struggle with where to stay?

And how and Declan and new Mom doing? :cloud9:

The nice part is that I'll be having it done where I work with familiar and trusted people at my side. I have seen the work of whichever anesthesiologist I get and my RN co-workers are the BEST. I'll be off work for a minimum of 4 weeks and really can't afford to take anymore than that off, so I'd love prayers for a super speedy recovery so I can get back to doing what I do. The good news is that I'll be able to devote more time to writing and editing photos while I'm off so I can speed this TR along a bit.
Many positive thoughts and prayers for an easy and quick recovery! :goodvibes :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!