The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Getting closer to caught up.

WEDway and COP
I've always enjoyed WEDway, but even more now as I take photos of the TRON construction progress.

COP for a couple reasons...
1) Nice place to rest weary feet
2) can take a power nap if needed
3) still chuckle at some of the comments about that will never happen
4) Enjoy singing along with the song.
Two of my favorites as well. So relaxing and nice! And ones that Walt envisioned and/or worked on himself. :goodvibes

And yes! That song!!!

I know I've missed a few updates but enjoyed your recap of MK bits :)

I know! Tough to stay caught up when you travel. ::yes:: I shall give you a pass.... :wizard:
Agree. We LOVE the cinnamon rolls and Steve has gotten the fruit and cheese plate which is fine; not big as you said but tasty. Ricky got the sandwich once and :eek: so bad!! Vending machine quality describe it perfectly.

I'm glad my review was on par with others' experiences as well. Sometimes when you do a review you wonder if you just had a bad day or if your experience was unique. Bottom line: Cinnamon roll- A; Fruit and cheese plate- C+; Sandwich- D-

OK I don't particularly like PVH but I have to say here that the absolute worst, most disgusting pizza we've had in Disney (really the only truly inedible disgusting pizza) was at the BW pizza window 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢😷😷 so I'll take PVH over that if you force it on me any day! Whereas if someone tried to force the BW pizza on me I would fight like they were trying to steal my firstborn because that filth is never passing my lips again!
Bottom line, really horrific pizza there 🍕

That's certainly very good intel!! Holy cow... I think I'll skip that one. Blech!! Sounds really gross! But kinda surprising. With Trattoria being right there, I'd have thought it'd been actually very good. So THANK YOU!!!

Red hair is always a bonus. And I did enjoy Brave. But for me it's really just the fact that I lived in Scotland for a year (I think I have mentioned that somewhere on the boards before). I was in my 20s, first time away from home and really just enjoyed my time spreading my wings and seeing somewhere different. Merida just reminds me of that time. I love the Scottish accent, especially the over the top one Merida has.

You know what... I have never watched the entire movie all the way through, but now that I have Disney+ I think I will. :) I'm Scottish myself and would love to see what Disney's done with it.

I do rememeber that bit of trivia about you. Travel is always such a wonderful thing to add to life experience, young or old. And especially if you can spend long enough to sink yourself into the culture and learn more than just what it looks like there.

I love that place. I think my family shared the nutella and fruit waffle and a strawberry & whipped cream waffle. The two were plenty for the four of us.
I didn't realize they had a breakfast sandwich, it must be somewhat new?

I know! HUGE! And as I said nice and fresh. That I don't know. I do know it's been on there since 2016 beacause I had put it on our little laminated flip booklets to try to get. Didn't happen that trip, but it's on there.

Poor Ariel. I don't know what that girl is thinking these days. She used to be into Prince Eric. She's let her standards slip....

Well it sounds like the feelings are mutual. Apparently, she messed up and made him go on IaSW.

I didn't know this. Looks like a very hard one to find.
I've also never seen the Nautilus shape in the rocks, but I know it's there somewhere.

And I didn't know that a Nautilus was there. Googling now...

I agree with all the comments about Magic Carpets. They are just a Dumbo clone. It is stuck in the middle and takes up space.
I don't understand it, but my family always enjoys it. See?...

upload_2018-12-13_20-36-31.jpeg

Awww! You are all so photogenic! Fun times!

But I should say that although we always seem to do it, we have never waited for it and I don't think we ever would. We usually find it's a fairly easy FP to get later in the day, and it's usually more of a "what do we do now" thing.

I've never not seen a line there, and long ones at that. Maybe if I could either get a FP or it's a walk on, maybe then. But... it's Dumbo.

Is it the Pirates game thing, or the Pirates make over thing (like BBB)? I read it too but thought it was the make over one. Not sure if that ever caught on.

You are absolutely right, Jeff. I went back to look at the article again and I was mistaken. It IS the makeover place, not the game... of which I am relieved. I do enjoy that game. :)

I am cautiously excited. I've mentioned many times before I don't like drops (that sinking feeling in your stomach). I'm a bit nervous at the height of the drops on Tron. I also wonder if I will feel comfortable in that motorcycle position. As much as I liked FOP, I did find it I was a bit uneasy being in that position. I can't explain why. I just don't feel as relaxed or secure somehow.

I think it'll feel a lot like FOP as far as positioning too. And as for ride, I anticipate it feeling a lot like Hagrids at US. Will you try it once?

Yes, yes it does. Being that my girls are pizza and pasta fanatics, I suspect I will end up there again.

I guess if you're a fanatic ANY pizza or pasta will do. :laughing:

Totally agree with you. When my DD was younger she used to get a real kick out of the camels spitting water on you on the carpets, but it still is not worth that scorching wait. It seems like wherever you stand you are not in a position to take advantage of any of the shade. I'd wait a lot longer for Dumbo.

That makes two of us. Too hot, long lines (I've never seen a short one, but sounds like plenty of other readers have) and a boring ride.

Sorry Liesa (and other readers)...
I was trying to catch up after being absent for a few weeks and the point I was trying to make was simply....

While they aren't in the wild and technically in captivity, they are living on easy street (or easy savannah)
Yes, Disney ones are. Hopefully someday I can go to Africa (Tanzania or Kenya) and see some wild ones with a long lens.

I think you're right that it's more about the card collecting than the actual game playing. Jimmy really gets excited to see his favorite cards in action on the screen, so for me, it's just about hearing his giggle when he gets to use "Pumbaa's Odorous Gas,"for example, against a villain. :)

I think it's great some folks do get excited about it as a card collecting using game. I think though I would be more excited about it myself if there were points, or a prize or something more.

I love the carrousel, as well! Jimmy's favorite thing is to ride Cinderella's horse. He (and his mother!) may or may not have elbowed small children out of his way to be sure he gets there first. #sorrynotsorry

Buahahaha! We TOTALLY did the same thing. Yes, we speed walked outrunning the kids. #sorrynotsorry

It used to have much more enjoyable (and better quality!) food than what they serve now. 6 or 7 years ago, we had delicious BBQ chicken flatbread there, which I miss!!

I DO remember that now that you mention it!!!! And I think that exact same one was the whole reason it was even on my list to try at all. Well that and sitting upstairs over IaSW. Ah well, maybe it'll have another Golden Age again soon.

I've never gotten to sit there either, but we did sit out on the little balcony overlooking Fantasyland for dinner on NYE a few years ago. We stayed there for the fireworks, as well, though our view was partially blocked because some of them shot off from behind the building. It was a quaint little spot to sit in and watch over fantasyland though, and I enjoyed that (a lot more than I enjoyed my dinner!)

That must've been kinda magical!! I'd never have thought about it as a good place to be at that time. Genius!!

We still haven't eaten here, at least not in the past twenty years or so.

Hopefully you can give it another try soon. :)

This is the one food that I really want to try someday. It just seems like I am never hungry when we walk past it. ;)

I think a good plan is to get there at RD, hit up those rides you want to do, then get to Sleepy Hollow for those nom noms. Gotta stay ahead of the crowd and by them you'll be hungry enough too.

This is a nice ride because it is usually a walk on, the music is good, you get to sit down the entire ride, and DH doesn't mind going on it. :)

There ya go! Win-win-win!!

We first started playing the game because we doing new things that we had never done before, and this was one of them. I have a problem with the lack of competition and no score. The big skill, I think, is to pick the correct card and hold it in the right spot, in order to defeat the bad guy. We only played it a few times, though.

I think your assessment is spot on. I too wish there was more to it, but am happy to pick up new cards for my son who really loves it. He doesn't get there often so for him it's still fun to spend his time doing. I think for him the draw is simply finding the ports and collecting the cards.

We miss the railroad train and can't wait for Tron to be finished so they bring back the train. I really hope they plan to bring back the train.

I miss the train too! I like going the full circuit just for a nice quiet break. :) I am SURE they will bring it back and just saw they are moving the stationary exhibit to Fantasyland for a while.

Pizza is one of those foods that we tend to avoid in WDW. We have better pizza here. I think everyone has better pizza back at home than at PVH. :)

I"m learning that that's a good policy as well. Our pizza isn't so good here but I've not found a superb one at Disney yet. VN is pretty good, but not amazing either.

Have you been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour? We really enjoyed it. :)

No, I've not done that one but it sure sounds good and one that's been on my list for a while. Well, that one and the DestiNations at EPCOT. I've done the Behind the Seeds one a few times, the Wanyama one at AKL, and one I'll be writing about soon. :)

:wave:

I like it because it's something free to do at Disney. Not much of that happening at Disney.

I also enjoy being able to share information and extra cards with little (and even not so little) ones
You were definitely the person I had in mind when I wrote that. :) Thank you again for the cards you gave to Zach for his collection! :)

::yes:: Just haven't noticed it yet. I did watch Peter Pan the other day.
Oh! Yeah, that's right. I think I did remember the launch is quick. But maybe sitting in the motorcycle position will take the strain off the neck?
Wanna do it? It'll just add about an hour or more to your replying...

No?

No.

Really! I'm sure you were very adamant about it! Huh!!

And... :lmao:

I was. It really just sounded like something I wouldn't care for, and actually had tried a bite or two of at some point and it was gross. But this was quite good and something I'd do again.

Ohhhh... Yeah... "Buzz off. I'm eating... and then I'm sitting here for a minimum of one hour to rest my feet."

It kinda does make me wanna sit there for a while. I don't, especially if there are little ones because if they eat they are less whiny in line.

I'm going to have to call it off...
Seems she has a fondness for IASW.

That just won't do.

Oh dear!! You asked for your dinglehopper back right?!!

I dunno… I don't see a crusty sea captain there. I see a woman in a floppy hat (note the large bow at the neck?) having tea.
I wonder if that's fact or just a supposition of that article's author?

That I don't know? Maybe there are other clues nearby? Either way, I'm going to look for myself next time I'm there.

OK, Friends,

I'm out of steam. I'll pick it up again tomorrow.

But a couple of quick notes:

First, a retraction! Jeff (@Terra Nova guy ) corrected me and it is NOT the Pirate's ADVENTURE closing, it's the Pirate's LEAGUE that is getting deep-sixed. I guess there just weren't enough kiddos interested in getting mascara beards and eyeliner. I AM happy it's NOT the ADVENTURE as that's a fun one. :)

Also, I wanted to add a comment that at Sleepy Hollow they are able to accomodate allergies a bit. My daughter is allergic to strawberries and since they are being made fresh, they were able to make us one with only blueberries (fresh, NOT frozen) and banana. I really appreciated that so she could feel able to fully participate in the meal of her choice.

My daughter is allergic to strawberries and since they are being made fresh, they were able to make us one with only blueberries (fresh, NOT frozen) and banana.

Thanks for the information! I'm actually allergic to strawberries, too, and that's why I've never had a waffle there.

Oh we're talking waiting in line! No, I'm not going to do that. But if I see them there just taking pictures and no one or just a party or two, I'll stop and take a pic.
I'll usually not even do that much.
Just not my thing, really.
When I pose with a character, it's always for the TR and not out of a personal desire to really do it.
But when I have... it's always been fun. :)
Might have been me...
Chicken is not a breakfast meat!
Bacon, sausage, ham or steak.
I agree with that, but we were talking about chicken and waffles... which isn't eaten at breakfast. At least not by me.
My two cents on the Tron coaster and this....

I was fortunate to ride it in Shanghai...I thought my neck was going to rip in two.
:scared1:

I was. It really just sounded like something I wouldn't care for, and actually had tried a bite or two of at some point and it was gross. But this was quite good and something I'd do again.
Interesting that your first taste was gross... I wonder if you just got it somewhere... that just didn't make them well?
It kinda does make me wanna sit there for a while. I don't, especially if there are little ones because if they eat they are less whiny in line.
I don't worry about that. I rarely stand in line, so a whiny kid in one actually makes me laugh.

Yeah... I'm terrible.
Oh dear!! You asked for your dinglehopper back right?!!
Nope!
Here's where I've always stood. When it comes to gifts like that (Think... engagement ring), it's just that... a gift. It is not a contract, despite what others might say or think.
It might be a promise of a marriage, but at the end of it, it's a gift. If it was a contract, then the ring-receiver should have a say in the cut, colour, design, etc. No?
It's a gift. If the promise is broken, then it's up to the ring wearer to decide if they want to return it or not. And it's up to the ring-giver to not expect it back.
it is NOT the Pirate's ADVENTURE closing, it's the Pirate's LEAGUE that is getting deep-sixed.
Phew! Good.
I guess there just weren't enough kiddos interested in getting mascara beards and eyeliner.
Yeah... to be honest... that always just looked... stupid.

I’m back and all caught up. I love the Harambe area, such a unique experience in a theme park!
What can I say about MK, I love 💕 it so much, however, it is always crowded with rude pushy people in abundance. This can definitely put a damper on our MK days. We love PM and CoP as our non dark rides, so full of Walt Disney himself on those two!
We have not had the “displeasure” of Pinocchio Haus in many years, it always looks so chaotic in there. I have heard some positive reviews so I guess it depends on your taste buds.
I am enjoying your rhymes, pictures, and stories!

Also, I wanted to add a comment that at Sleepy Hollow they are able to accomodate allergies a bit. My daughter is allergic to strawberries and since they are being made fresh, they were able to make us one with only blueberries (fresh, NOT frozen) and banana. I really appreciated that so she could feel able to fully participate in the meal of her choice.
Good to know. I'm not allergic, but good they will accommodate.

I agree with that, but we were talking about chicken and waffles... which isn't eaten at breakfast. At least not by me.
Hmmm...hadn't considered that. I just automatically associate waffles with breakfast, but sometimes love breakfast for dinner, so.....may have to give this a try.

Last edited:
My two cents on the Tron coaster and this....

I was fortunate to ride it in Shanghai...I thought my neck was going to rip in two. When it opens in WDW, I will be waiting for those back normal coaster seats...assuming they copy them from the Shanghai version
Woah!!!
That does not sound like a glowing endorsement at all

I ride a motorcycle and like to accelerate fast at times, but neck ripping....um no.

When you say back normal, what do you mean? You mean they re-designed the seats after people's necks were ripped off?
:eek:

Last edited:
I think it'll feel a lot like FOP as far as positioning too. And as for ride, I anticipate it feeling a lot like Hagrids at US. Will you try it once?
I expect I will try it. Based on pictures of construction, and video from Shanghai, it doesn't seem too intense in terms of drops. But sometimes when you stand under a thing, it seems a bit intimidating. I actually found that with Slinky Dog. It looked bigger than it felt, it that makes sense.

In the parks, I dont wait in lines. I dont mind on the cruise ships cause they move fast and it's a good way to spend the hour or so before dinner or lunch.

Totally makes sense. If they're moving fast and you don't have any other things you have/want to do, then sounds fun!

OK, that's weird. I've never thought of them that way. I see them as actors, and I'm OK with meeting someone playing a part, just like watching a movie or a play.

I mostly ogle over their costumes. Once upon a time I was really into sewing ballgowns and re-enacting and sewed my own Civil War Era camp and formal gowns, so I like to see the designs and craftsmanship.

I've found they're all pretty good with it. I never have young children in my party, and they're all still just as gracious.

Agreed!

I dont think that's ever going to happen for us.

LOL!! Oddly, at the beginning of our trip, all of us were more than willing to get up at 4 AM for RDs at DHS. By the end, the kids skipped the park altogether.

I think the Chicken & Waffle might be the best of the three, each of the others has stuff I wouldn't want. Nutella, no thanks. And I'm not sure I'd like the eggs or tomatoes.

I liked that we got one of each so we could try them, but I think if I had to choose ONE, I'd actually get the egg, ham, tomato one. It was really very good, but the chicken one would be a very close 2nd.

Huh. I've never rode WDW's version since its identical to DCAs.

I think you should once because the queue is really REALLY well done. Loads of cool gadgets and theming. I really like it. You know me and Disney light fixtures. These are super cool!

Yeah, I guess. From the perspective it's a new coaster and everyone loves it in Shanghai. I've never seen the movies.

New coaster!!!!!!!!!! Woot!

OK, I'll trust your opinion and stick with the three you mentioned. I've had good success with those. I really like the toppings bars at Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's.

Yes! The toppings bar!! I wish they'd bring back the fake cheese though.

I did not know this. Huh.

I don't know if the HM exhibit is still up at DLR, but you really need to see it if you haven't yet. I learned a TON from it.

It's like you think we spend an entire day in the park. I was putting the rough framework of our plans into Fran's phone yesterday, and I dont have us in any one place longer than 5 hours at the most!

True, I know you guys hop more than we do. We're happy in a park for a lot longer, mostly cuz we don't want to use park time in hopping.

I'm glad you chose to stay home. While we would have lived your company, it sounds like that was the best decision for you. We had fun but basically only spent the evenings with Jill. I was just too busy in the days to get out there and spend all day in the park.

Hopefully another time soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter