The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Poor Ariel. I don't know what that girl is thinking these days. She used to be into Prince Eric. She's let her standards slip....
I can vouch for this.

I got my highest score ever last trip with no cheats. I don't ride it enough to care about Pro level but it would be fun just once.

Next time you're in town, let me know. I've instructed several and DW got her first GH about a month ago.

I'd be happy to help you.

I'm confused... :)

I was just trying to differentiate that I had really wanted some photos of animals in their natural habitat (ie. REAL Africa) instead of Disney ones that are by definition easier to take photos of.

Sure Disney critters are VERY well cared for and have few worries that their wild cousins would face. :)
Sorry Liesa (and other readers)...
I was trying to catch up after being absent for a few weeks and the point I was trying to make was simply....

While they aren't in the wild and technically in captivity, they are living on easy street (or easy savannah)

I also get that I have some readers (well one in particular) who is SUPER into Sorcerer’s of the Kingdom. My son has a bunch of cards and likes to spend his time playing when he gets to Disney so I do get it. What I don’t get is the lack of competitive element to it. Which makes me conclude it’s simply a card collecting game. ??
I think you're right that it's more about the card collecting than the actual game playing. Jimmy really gets excited to see his favorite cards in action on the screen, so for me, it's just about hearing his giggle when he gets to use "Pumbaa's Odorous Gas,"for example, against a villain. :)

There are some awesome blog posts about the history of Disney’s Carrousel if you are interested…
I love the carrousel, as well! Jimmy's favorite thing is to ride Cinderella's horse. He (and his mother!) may or may not have elbowed small children out of his way to be sure he gets there first. #sorrynotsorry

A few comments on Pinocchio Village Haus. Whereas I can’t say I wasn’t warned, I am glad I did try PVH at least once just to say I’ve eaten there and to be able to speak with authority when I say it sucks. #tellushowyoureallyfeel
It used to have much more enjoyable (and better quality!) food than what they serve now. 6 or 7 years ago, we had delicious BBQ chicken flatbread there, which I miss!!

As much as I’ve always wanted to, we did not sit upstairs overlooking IaSW.
I've never gotten to sit there either, but we did sit out on the little balcony overlooking Fantasyland for dinner on NYE a few years ago. We stayed there for the fireworks, as well, though our view was partially blocked because some of them shot off from behind the building. It was a quaint little spot to sit in and watch over fantasyland though, and I enjoyed that (a lot more than I enjoyed my dinner!)

Sleepy Hollow was the surprise breakfast winner
We still haven't eaten here, at least not in the past twenty years or so.
Fruit and Nutella Sandwich
This is the one food that I really want to try someday. It just seems like I am never hungry when we walk past it. ;)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
This is a nice ride because it is usually a walk on, the music is good, you get to sit down the entire ride, and DH doesn't mind going on it. :)
What I don’t get is the lack of competitive element to it. Which makes me conclude it’s simply a card collecting game. ??
We first started playing the game because we doing new things that we had never done before, and this was one of them. I have a problem with the lack of competition and no score. The big skill, I think, is to pick the correct card and hold it in the right spot, in order to defeat the bad guy. We only played it a few times, though.
EVERYONE is excited about Tron, yes?
We miss the railroad train and can't wait for Tron to be finished so they bring back the train. I really hope they plan to bring back the train.
Pinocchio Village Haus
Pizza is one of those foods that we tend to avoid in WDW. We have better pizza here. I think everyone has better pizza back at home than at PVH. :)
Anyway, I love the trivia surrounding the attractions and all of the artists who put in so much creative talent to make the parks so special.
Have you been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour? We really enjoyed it. :)

I also get that I have some readers (well one in particular) who is SUPER into Sorcerer’s of the Kingdom.
:wave:

I like it because it's something free to do at Disney. Not much of that happening at Disney.

I also enjoy being able to share information and extra cards with little (and even not so little) ones

Long time to get it fixed! :eek:
But glad you're having fun with PS.
If you need any help, just drop me a PM. :)
I'm not an expert, but have been using it for quite a while.

Thank you for the offer!! :)

Huh. And it looked good. Guess looks can be deceiving.

It was colorful for sure, but totally lacking in flavor and the crust was like a frozen pizza crust like Totinos.

Well deserved. I just don't want to get in that line too quickly!

Good point.

Wait...
You mentioned that you got your best score ever, but it's blank?
Did you ride twice?

No, was just sucky at getting my phone out in time. I scored over 100,000 was a first ever for me.

It's on there? I should re-watch it. Been... a long time.

Yep, along with every other Disney Classic.

I think that'll do it.
I think, but could be mistaken, that the launch will be like RnRC. That is fun, but even RnRC can jar my head and neck some. I often come off that one with a headache.

We might pick up some of those for breakfast in the room!

Sounds like a good plan, although I hope with the hot Florida sun and all they survive the day and night. But they are very good!
It's not my coupon. Disney is very generous with their coupons to CMs, and I'm lucky enough to know at least two CMs who are willing to share their 50 with us. One on each coast!

Every October they get at 50, 40, and a 30, I think. The 50 has the most restrictions. Had you come in December we were planning to use the 50 at NR, but due to circumstances that meal never happened.

WOW! That's nice of them! Very generous. :goodvibes

Unfortunately that was me. :( But in hindsight, there was literally now way with how I recovered I could have done that. I think it was before my surgery, but glad I took that time to prep for my recovery like I did!! I hope it can happen in the not too distant future. :hug:

I know!! I got soooo behind! But I’m back in action. Crazy how much better I feel when I am all caught up! Missed everyone! Lol

I always feel the same way!! I sometimes have to be off for a week or more and it gives me anxiety. LOL!!

Im surprised I didn’t notice on Facebook! Although I feel like I spent most of my time just in awe there that I wasn’t on FB that much!! Glad you had fun!!

Me too! :laughing:

Good tip on the table at Raglan!! I will definitely do that! We'll be there the weekend before St. Pattys day so hopefully we'll get lucky!

Fingers crossed for you. It's reallly just so much fun to be near the action!

That's super true about F&W and weekends. At least I'll get two visits to F&G this year haha

Nice! A twofer! Twice the edibles.

And that's true! We'll get there at some point! We're doing Monsieur Paul's this trip after your review from last time which I'm excited for!

Really? How fun!! I hope you also have a good experience and that's it's delicious and magical. Try to get a window table. :)

I have the strongest urge to re-order all my replies... but won't. Too much effort.

LOL! That'd be a fun game- match this random reply with the quote. :laughing:

Ditto. Just once. For the TR.

The things we do for our readers! :lmao:

I'll say... "not". Again, maybe for the TR, but it has to be something that I can weave a story around. Otherwise... nope!

Wait! So you're saying all this talk about Ariel is all just a fabrication?!? I was just about to ask you where your wedding registry was!

Nor I. But... I still feel weird about it. "Hi! I know you're not actually (fill in name here) but I'm here so I can show other people I met you... okay?"

No wonder she's being shy and coy with you.

::yes:: I've had it. It's quite good.

I'm suddenly hungry for something to go with my coffee.

Have never eaten there.
But... very surprised you had...

… this. I could've sworn we had a conversation about that and it was something you never wanted. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

I was a scoffer, a doubter, a naysayer. My eyes have been opened. A new piece of Heaven has landed on my shoulder. And my shirt. That's where all my food lands.

Table trolls? Explain?

Those vultures who hover over your table when you stilll have half of your food left leaving far too little personal space.

:wave:

But... developments...

OH!! Do TELL!!!

Yeah... that one's a stretch. It looks almost more like they put the rocks in and someone said "Hey that kinda looks like... if you squint..."
I've seen it in person (had a CM point it out)… and even then it's hard to see.

I don't think ANYONE would just "see" that. Totally, if it even is one, was an Imagineers inside job that leaked.

Nice memories? More like...

So, you had so much fun it nearly killed you?

Nah. There was no line at all and we were the only ones on it.
That's why we were able to do it 7 times in a row. We didn't even get off the ride on some of those.

I've never seen the line devoid of rail licking kiddos.

Oh, that's too bad. That one I have done.
Except... last time I tried, some things weren't working.

It's been 4 years since I have, and it doesn't surprise me some things weren't working. Bummer.

Don't recall for sure... but think I've never been on it.

WAIT! For real? The Carrousel? You need to!!

It was a cult hit. Dated now, but at the time, cutting edge graphics and lots of people were just beginning to fall in love with computers. (Pre-internet. Now everyone hates everyone else.)

Yeah, gonna need to watch it.

Are you sure about that? I couldn't find a reference that he was in there. In the queue, definitely (obviously), but in the graveyard scene? Do you know where?

No I don't. The article just said "in the graveyard scene" with this photo and sentence. I took their word for it. I'll pay extra attention next time.

"Fun fact: Captain Clyne is also located in the graveyard scene inside the mansion. Have you spotted him before?"

Image 3

https://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2017/09/09/tales-of-the-crypts/
In the queue at least. Not sure about on the ride.

You are right about that one. Just the queue.

It was colorful for sure, but totally lacking in flavor and the crust was like a frozen pizza crust like Totinos.
Ew!
No, was just sucky at getting my phone out in time. I scored over 100,000 was a first ever for me.
Ah! And... congrats! :)
Yep, along with every other Disney Classic.
::yes:: Just haven't noticed it yet. I did watch Peter Pan the other day.
I think, but could be mistaken, that the launch will be like RnRC. That is fun, but even RnRC can jar my head and neck some. I often come off that one with a headache.
Oh! Yeah, that's right. I think I did remember the launch is quick. But maybe sitting in the motorcycle position will take the strain off the neck?
LOL! That'd be a fun game- match this random reply with the quote. :laughing:
Wanna do it? It'll just add about an hour or more to your replying...

No?
The things we do for our readers! :lmao:
:rolleyes1
Wait! So you're saying all this talk about Ariel is all just a fabrication?!? I was just about to ask you where your wedding registry was!
See below...
I was a scoffer, a doubter, a naysayer. My eyes have been opened. A new piece of Heaven has landed on my shoulder. And my shirt. That's where all my food lands.
Really! I'm sure you were very adamant about it! Huh!!

And... :lmao:
Those vultures who hover over your table when you stilll have half of your food left leaving far too little personal space.
Ohhhh... Yeah... "Buzz off. I'm eating... and then I'm sitting here for a minimum of one hour to rest my feet."
OH!! Do TELL!!!
I'm going to have to call it off...
Seems she has a fondness for IASW.

That just won't do.
I don't think ANYONE would just "see" that. Totally, if it even is one, was an Imagineers inside job that leaked.
Could very well be.
So, you had so much fun it nearly killed you?
Yeah. Sure. Let's go with that.
I've never seen the line devoid of rail licking kiddos.
Zero rail lickers.
WAIT! For real? The Carrousel? You need to!!
No I don't. The article just said "in the graveyard scene" with this photo and sentence. I took their word for it. I'll pay extra attention next time.

"Fun fact: Captain Clyne is also located in the graveyard scene inside the mansion. Have you spotted him before?"

Image 3
I dunno… I don't see a crusty sea captain there. I see a woman in a floppy hat (note the large bow at the neck?) having tea.
I wonder if that's fact or just a supposition of that article's author?

I am usually not one to stand in line at all for character Meets.

In the parks, I dont wait in lines. I dont mind on the cruise ships cause they move fast and it's a good way to spend the hour or so before dinner or lunch.

if there IS an opportunity with little or, better yet no, line, I’ll say to myself, “Why not?”.

Yes, I agree with this!

Nor I. But... I still feel weird about it. "Hi! I know you're not actually (fill in name here) but I'm here so I can show other people I met you... okay?"

OK, that's weird. I've never thought of them that way. I see them as actors, and I'm OK with meeting someone playing a part, just like watching a movie or a play.

She was very gracious and made my solo meet very comfortable and not awkward at all.

I've found they're all pretty good with it. I never have young children in my party, and they're all still just as gracious.

We were there before 10:00AM

I dont think that's ever going to happen for us.

we ordered 3: a Chicken and Waffle Sandwich, a Fruit and Nutella Sandwich, and the Breakfast (Ham and Egg) Sandwich.

I think the Chicken & Waffle might be the best of the three, each of the others has stuff I wouldn't want. Nutella, no thanks. And I'm not sure I'd like the eggs or tomatoes.

Also, there’s a super cool Hidden Mickey amongst the rocks as you exit.

Huh. I've never rode WDW's version since its identical to DCAs.

EVERYONE is excited about Tron, yes?

Yeah, I guess. From the perspective it's a new coaster and everyone loves it in Shanghai. I've never seen the movies.

Whereas I can’t say I wasn’t warned, I am glad I did try PVH at least once just to say I’ve eaten there and to be able to speak with authority when I say it sucks.

OK, I'll trust your opinion and stick with the three you mentioned. I've had good success with those. I really like the toppings bars at Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's.

When the mansion was still in its concept design phase, Rolly Crump and Yale Gracey mastered an entire storyline for the HM using an old salty sea captain- Captain Culpepper Clyne as the host.

I did not know this. Huh.

Sounds like a good plan, although I hope with the hot Florida sun and all

It's like you think we spend an entire day in the park. I was putting the rough framework of our plans into Fran's phone yesterday, and I dont have us in any one place longer than 5 hours at the most!

Unfortunately that was me. :( But in hindsight, there was literally now way with how I recovered I could have done that. I think it was before my surgery, but glad I took that time to prep for my recovery like I did!! I hope it can happen in the not too distant future. :hug:

I'm glad you chose to stay home. While we would have lived your company, it sounds like that was the best decision for you. We had fun but basically only spent the evenings with Jill. I was just too busy in the days to get out there and spend all day in the park.

L -- Longing for a Sleepy Hollow waffle and Gaston's cinnamon roll.

I love the fruit waffles at Sleepy Hollow. By calling them fruit waffles I'm sure it negates the waffle and nutella calories.

Next trip I have plans to make it to Gaston's. I boycott Starbucks and have been mad at Disney since they deep sixed Main Street Bakery. Each trip I have plans to make it to Gaston's for a roll, but never roll out of bed quite early enough. Next trip is the one!

And Leftover over from Long, Long ago . . . I've never noticed the hair tie (ribbons? bands? I sorta forget which) on Expedition Everest. Gotta check that out next time.

OK, that's weird. I've never thought of them that way. I see them as actors, and I'm OK with meeting someone playing a part, just like watching a movie or a play.
I think they're wonderfully acted... but I can't bring myself to stand in line when I know it's not really Mary Poppins or whomever. I've had some fun interactions with some... but... wait in line? Nope.

I think they're wonderfully acted... but I can't bring myself to stand in line when I know it's not really Mary Poppins or whomever. I've had some fun interactions with some... but... wait in line? Nope.

Oh we're talking waiting in line! No, I'm not going to do that. But if I see them there just taking pictures and no one or just a party or two, I'll stop and take a pic.

The waffles at Sleepy Hollow look delicious. It's nice that the ingredients were fresh and everything was filling. But man oh man, you have to watch out for those table vultures. Apparently, they start their day at Sleepy Hollow and progress to Woody's Lunchbox around midday. :sad2:

For sure!! I mean, it's more than just about eating. No, I"m not going to sit there for hours not eating, but I'm not going to rush my meal either if I don't want to.

It is pretty amazing the artistry and detail that goes into the carousel horses. (Or any sculpted carousel piece.)

It's a lot more than people think!

I guess I don't love my kids like those DISdads...I've never even used a FP on the carpets. :rotfl2:

LOL!! Me neither!!

Oh, Pinocchio's. Such sad pizzas come out of that kitchen...

Cute place, but the food just isn't worth it.

Really! I'm sure you were very adamant about it! Huh!!
Might have been me...
Chicken is not a breakfast meat!
Bacon, sausage, ham or steak.

Seems she has a fondness for IASW.

That just won't do.
Silly little (former,) fish

Zero rail lickers.
Can't say I've ever seen this, but ewww

I think the Chicken & Waffle might be the best of the three, each of the others has stuff I wouldn't want. Nutella, no thanks. And I'm not sure I'd like the eggs or tomatoes.
Of the three, only the Nutella one sounds possible...I'm not a big nutella fan, but I don't hate it.

But maybe sitting in the motorcycle position will take the strain off the neck?

My two cents on the Tron coaster and this....

I was fortunate to ride it in Shanghai...I thought my neck was going to rip in two. When it opens in WDW, I will be waiting for those back normal coaster seats...assuming they copy them from the Shanghai version

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!