The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

I love the Halloween decorations in Cars Land. Andi and I are thinking of a late August/early September trip next year. Of course, your report is swaying me!

A drive down Route 66 would be fun, like a Thelma and Louise adventure, haha!

He had just found a cute little nurse sipping coffee in the diner on Route 66! Haha, that’s you not me!

I think a great many folks do, sadly.
So many from the first year I went are gone.
I didn't realize we share an affinity for 20,000 leagues, that's another thing we have in common. When I was a kid, I didn't realize it just went along surface...I really thought it submerged. I guess the naivety of a child. It's kinda ironic...I also miss the gondolas that went across the park, even though I don't care for the new gondolas much. We rode on them the first day mostly just to say we did. Glad we did now BEFORE the accident.

It's nearly twice as long with 2 drops, additional burning city scenes and several others only there (the whole prelude/beginning before the drops)... love it!
Good to know. I wonder if it was because they didn't have to deal with swamp/marsh in Cali like they did in FL. I just figure excavating and shoring up the area in FL was a lot more difficult/pricey.

I continue to be baffled and well... weirded out by that.
I suppose there may be others, but I can only think of 3 theories:
1) He had actually worked with you back then and he remembered you (lovely ladies are harder to forget than us ugly guys)
2) A good friend who may or may not have had something to your upgrade to GF also informed someone
3) Your mom told him while waiting for you
I guess there could be others, but that's all I can come up with

But, yes...kinda weird too

It's almost like you are inviting me to begin a SteppeRant.
No, I don't need to invite you to do that...you can manage that on your own! :lmao:
Actually, as Royalty, you would think they would've gotten you a carriage or porter or something.
I know I joke, but I'd like to state for the record, just about every rant you've had/done, I agree 100%.

Mhm... paying for luggage and then figuring out what to do with said luggage was the great dedider.
Understand and ::yes::. Isn't it kinda funny what we'll do to save money (baggage fees, rental cars, etc) only to have more money to give the greedy mouse? I think another rant we sharee...I'm getting fed up with the greedy mouse. I already know several people they've priced out of coming often and I'm seriously considering not renewing my AP. They keep raising the price, but the bar stays the same or worse (MNSSHP is a good example...they keep charging more, but yet having more people, so the benefits of having an "exclusive ticket" is moot)

Yes, but in order for clarity I bowed to a lengthy type out.
Okay, as Queen, you're entitled. My apologies for questioning highness.

Perhaps so? Maybe both? I dunno, but you've gotta be commited if you want it. Especially in Cali where it's nearly half the size.
I think most things in Cali are smaller simply because of space constraints, no? I think the advantage is more is packed into a smaller space, which saves 20,000 steps on the poor feet. And that's just main st to adventureland. :rotfl2:

Sigh... naps in warm sunshine.
Naps after being in the sunshine and in a nice cool room is pretty nice too.

I know. They just replace instead of add. :( But I'm glad those 2 are still there despite all the changes.
Yeah, I think I will be even more bummer when those go awy. I say when because knowing Disney greed, it will only be a matter of time before someone decides they can make more money if we get rid of X. :sad2:

Yikes! What a terrible way to start off! It sounds like things got better though :goodvibes

It did get better, but wow, it was NOT the best set up there.

So pretty :love:

You're literally killing me with this DL report. Your pictures are gorgeous and you're making me want to go there even more than I already do...which is a LOT! So I'm going to keep reading, but just know it's with the utmost envy that I do :sad:

I super hope you get there someday! It really is a treat. Such a pretty park! I love how different California Adventure is with Grizzly Peak, the Pier and Carsland!

I love the Halloween decorations in Cars Land. Andi and I are thinking of a late August/early September trip next year. Of course, your report is swaying me!

It's totally worth the trip! There's a lot of new/different to see if you're used to Florida. :)

A drive down Route 66 would be fun, like a Thelma and Louise adventure, haha!

It totally would!!

He had just found a cute little nurse sipping coffee in the diner on Route 66! Haha, that’s you not me!

LOL!! Nah, you're as cute as a button! But... I am trying (better sit down for this...) to get off of coffee. So, maybe a cute nurse with a cup of chicken broth.

OK, so I just realized that I read your update on the trip down south and never commented on it.

I still can't believe that you ladies got up at 3AM to come down here and that you were still conscious for dinner. Then again I read about your little nap at Sam's.

Hopefully not underneath Alison's tires.

No, just beside it.

Kari and I had gotten a reservation late in game, so for those of you who want one, don’t despair; SW:GE isn’t quite the go-to hub all the hype led you to believe.

Ain't that the truth! I hear they are revamping the menus.

I think it was less than a month out that we got one.

Well actually reservations can only be made 14 days in advance, but that changes on Monday. It goes to 60 days.

You WILL be seated with other travelers which could make for an awkward situation if you accidentally reach for your lightsaber at the wrong time... or, if you have a hard time blending into conversation with complete strangers.

Which will bring up a curious situation in my upcoming TR.

See the two paper water cups there and the space at the bar between those and that guy in the black tank. Yeah, that's where they thought two MORE people could stand and have a drink.

Because Fran can't stand for long periods, we haven't had to pack ourselves into a crowded SRO area, but it has made for some fun or interesting table mates.

Disney puts about 2 tsp. of actual liquor in their drinks. The rest is ice and syrup.

I think it depends on who makes up the mix. My first time there the drinks were kind of strong. At least they had a bit of a punch upon the initial drink.

Anyway, I chose the Yub Nub with the souvenir cup for $35. Mind you, Dear Reader, the price has now increased to $45; not a bad return on my money and yes, I may sell it at some point. (They are going for about $80 right now on EBay.)

Huh. It was $35? I always remember it being in the $40 range because everyone was complaining about them being a $50 drink.

I am hoping that Fran can pick me up one (she has offered) but they are popular and I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

Well our next planned trip there is with my parents the week of Thanksgiving, so if it's in stock we'll pick it up. I also messaged M&M to see if they want to visit before you get there next month.

I had completely forgotten that the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland was all done up in it’s Halloween overlay glory. I had JUST watched Nightmare Before Christmas for the very first time so it was all so fresh and relevant, and I confess I was WAY more geeked out and excited about this than SW:GE.

When they first did it, I thought it was pretty cool, but so many years later, I find myself tiring of the phenomenon. The mansion has the overlay nearly half the year now. For someone who loves the original Mansion, I'm sad that I can't see it nearly half the year.

it also happened to be the 50th anniversary of the HM so a giant gingerbread house (HM- inspired, of course) was placed on the table as per tradition.

Now that was cool. It's always a "thing" to see what they do with the Gingerbread house.

Any luck so far?

We have only been to Batuu East since she made the request. We will be going to Batuu West next month so hopefully then we can procure one for her.

I am overdue for my annual visit to see Alison...

:rolleyes1

I don't have a ton of travel plans on the books right now. And I believe we have a few places that we have put on "the list".

we focused on attractions that are unique to California or simply better in California… namely Pirates of the Caribbean, Snow White, Mr. Toad and It’s a Small World.

Perfect!

We did finally arrive only to find that the Tiki Gods were not looking out for us. There were NO open tables which is not uncommon for this place. Kari wasn’t feeling well, so I stood inside lurking while she went to find a place to sit outside. Nearly 30 minutes later, 2 places at the bar opened up

This is not a good sign. I don't think I've ever waited that long. At the price of their drinks, people don't usually linger too long.

I ordered the Piranha Pool which was tasty enough, but the mug!!!! Be still my heart! I adore my new mug and have it proudly sitting on a windowsill along with the other green souvie cup I got at Jock Lindsay’s this year.

Are you interested in a Gold Piranha.......?

At one point, I found my chin nearly resting ON, no really, ON the bar. What in the actual heck?! I was so confused!!! How does this happen? Kari busted out laughing, as did the folks to my right. I had NO idea it was a thing at Trader Sam's to have the trick bar stool catch one unawares.

I had no idea that the bar stools at ETB did that. I knew they did it at GG, cause I've seen it there.

Since I have NO photos of that dinner, I’ll just say that we all went out for Shabu Shabu in a nearby city. Shabu is a Japanese-style meal in which a pot of simmering broth is kept hot at your table while you cook a variety of meats, noodles, and veggies at your own pace- much like fondue but Asian.

And now, it’s YOUR turn! What ride or show or attraction holds the most nostalgic significance for you and why?

I would have to say it used to be Pirates, but since they replaced the beautiful red head with an angry red head, I'm not sure what holds nostalgia for me. It would have to be Journey Inside Inner Space. Which is obviously no longer there.

Well since I started this reply, it appears you have put up another update. I'm going to have to come back for this one, I have a concert to get to today.

So many from the first year I went are gone.
I didn't realize we share an affinity for 20,000 leagues, that's another thing we have in common. When I was a kid, I didn't realize it just went along surface...I really thought it submerged. I guess the naivety of a child. It's kinda ironic...I also miss the gondolas that went across the park, even though I don't care for the new gondolas much. We rode on them the first day mostly just to say we did. Glad we did now BEFORE the accident.

They did a great job with the illusion of diving! Love it!

Well, I for one am dying to ride the gondolas. I missed it by one day and stayed AT CBR just FOR them. I was sad. THe accident doesn't scare or sway me at all. (No pun intended) I truly think it was a little hiccup and would be surprised if that continues or happens again.

Good to know. I wonder if it was because they didn't have to deal with swamp/marsh in Cali like they did in FL. I just figure excavating and shoring up the area in FL was a lot more difficult/pricey.

Perhaps? I really don't know.

I suppose there may be others, but I can only think of 3 theories:
1) He had actually worked with you back then and he remembered you (lovely ladies are harder to forget than us ugly guys)

nah, that was 30+ years ago. I don't look remotely even close to that.

2) A good friend who may or may not have had something to your upgrade to GF also informed someone

I suppose, but not many people know or remember that. And I'm not sure it'd have much to do with an upgrade.

3) Your mom told him while waiting for you

She flatly denies it.

No, I don't need to invite you to do that...you can manage that on your own! :lmao:

HAHA! I tend to do that, don't I?

Understand and ::yes::. Isn't it kinda funny what we'll do to save money (baggage fees, rental cars, etc) only to have more money to give the greedy mouse?

Yep, that baggage fee bought a Tiki mug. :)

I think another rant we sharee...I'm getting fed up with the greedy mouse. I already know several people they've priced out of coming often and I'm seriously considering not renewing my AP. They keep raising the price, but the bar stays the same or worse (MNSSHP is a good example...they keep charging more, but yet having more people, so the benefits of having an "exclusive ticket" is moot)

Yes, I'll be going other places this year and am planning another tirp futher away next Fall. Time to give Disney a rest.

I think most things in Cali are smaller simply because of space constraints, no?
I do believe so, yes.

Naps after being in the sunshine and in a nice cool room is pretty nice too.
OH sure, just not quite as nice as with a delicious tropical shady breeze washing over you.

I still can't believe that you ladies got up at 3AM to come down here and that you were still conscious for dinner. Then again I read about your little nap at Sam's.

The little cat nap did help a bit, but I also remember falling into bed pretty tuckered out. ;)

x19DL0908EGW01a.jpg

Kari had sent that to me after you sent it to her and I tried to find it to post, but couldn't. So thank you for that!!

Ain't that the truth! I hear they are revamping the menus.

I heard that too, but only in the sense they are removing the themed names of the dishes. Lame. can people not read the menu like at every other dining establishment anywhere, ever? What next? Take away the cool costuming because people can't distinguish CMs from others?

*Yes, that was another SteppeRant

Well actually reservations can only be made 14 days in advance, but that changes on Monday. It goes to 60 days.

Well then that explains why so late in the game. Not that we could have anyway. LOL! (Su-Lynn and Steve bailed on this plan leaving the ADR getting to me remember?)

Which will bring up a curious situation in my upcoming TR.

OH my! I can't wait to hear about this.... intrigued.

Because Fran can't stand for long periods, we haven't had to pack ourselves into a crowded SRO area, but it has made for some fun or interesting table mates.

That I do know and thought of you while Kari and I were standing there. I remember how long Fran had to stand (it was long, but for her likely and eternity) at Trader Sam's briefly.

I think it depends on who makes up the mix. My first time there the drinks were kind of strong. At least they had a bit of a punch upon the initial drink.

Lucky you! I've had a couple here and there (Tune-In Lounge was my last one) but the norm is insipid syrupy concoctions NOT worth $15.

Huh. It was $35? I always remember it being in the $40 range because everyone was complaining about them being a $50 drink.

Yep, $35. Perhaps that didn't last long?

Well our next planned trip there is with my parents the week of Thanksgiving, so if it's in stock we'll pick it up. I also messaged M&M to see if they want to visit before you get there next month.

PLEASE!!!!

I am going to guess they WILL want to go. But that's just a guess.

When they first did it, I thought it was pretty cool, but so many years later, I find myself tiring of the phenomenon. The mansion has the overlay nearly half the year now. For someone who loves the original Mansion, I'm sad that I can't see it nearly half the year.

I can see that. For someone who goes often I can see it getting old and wishing for just the classic to return.

Now that was cool. It's always a "thing" to see what they do with the Gingerbread house.

It was pretty darned spectacular IMHO. And the description I read was jaw-dropping. That thing is REAL!!!!!

We have only been to Batuu East since she made the request. We will be going to Batuu West next month so hopefully then we can procure one for her.

:yay:

At the price of their drinks, people don't usually linger too long.

So like me at Oga's.

Are you interested in a Gold Piranha.......?

Nah, but I about died when I saw the Hatbox Ghost mug released the other day. I almost texted you to see if you were going. I may look for one on Ebay.

I had no idea that the bar stools at ETB did that. I knew they did it at GG, cause I've seen it there.

Believe it. It's really a thing. :)

I would have to say it used to be Pirates, but since they replaced the beautiful red head with an angry red head, I'm not sure what holds nostalgia for me. It would have to be Journey Inside Inner Space. Which is obviously no longer there.

Yeah, I miss here too. :( Such a sad move.

Ooooooooooooooooh!!! Inner Space!! I MISS THAT RIDE!!! I have VERY vivid memories of riding that with my mom and being so geeked out. Sigh... so much love for that one.
Well since I started this reply, it appears you have put up another update. I'm going to have to come back for this one, I have a concert to get to today.
Oopsies!! Sorry, Alison! With only weekends to DIS anymore, I gotta make hay while the sun shines. :)

T is for: Two More on Our Tour!
(***The photos not watermarked are Kari's. :) Thanks @Malia78 for contributing!)​

We finally had a solid plan with where to meet up with Su-Lynn and Steve. YAY!! The more, the merrier! Kari and I were headed towards the Pacific Wharf Area and found some silliness to entertain ourselves before our peeps showed up.

I'm afraid I took a pitiful amount of photos in this area and Pixar Pier. :(

They’d arrived hungry, but this is Steve and Su-Lynn, so this surprised me not one iota. 🤣 After our large-ish breakfast we, however, were not. Plus, special dinner, remember? It was time for a drink though! After the appropriate hugs, greetings, and awkwardly complementing each other on our outfits (cuz that’s what’s done when you don’t know folks super well, but will once you get that out of the way), they went off to find real food and I went off to find a real drink. Except you can’t because it’s Disney and they all (unless you’re at a legit lounge) come out of a Slurpee machine, a can, or worse A BOX! (right @Jenny Sanders ?!)

<takes a deep breath and talks herself off the Rant Ledge>

Where was I? Right! Kari got a non-alcoholic version of something or rather and Steve and Su-Lynn opted for a Mexican-style meal and some chips and salsa of which I helped myself to a couple. Because we got that awkward bit out of the way and now we were best friends. :rolleyes: See how that works? We sat with our rations and chatted easily about this and that, everything and nothing much. It was bliss to be with friends once more. And after sitting a spell, it was time for our quartet to mosey on and see what we could see.

The stand-by time for the Incredi-Coaster was only 20 minutes so Steve and I hopped in line for that. It was probably a bit longer and Kari and Su-Lynn passed the time on the newly-themed Jessie’s Critter Carousel. I think Su-Lynn and Kari might have gotten a churro at this point too… maybe?

What can I say about the new coaster? Track is the same, no changes, but the new storyline is great! I love the voices and cameos throughout. I didn’t experience it, but the tubes, according to
this article have piped in Choco-chip cookie scent. They also serve to deflect noise from the ride and riders away from the residential/business side of the ride and back into the park, thus allowing for the attraction to meet noise abatement codes of the cities of Anaheim and Garden Grove. Who knew?! The soundtrack is perfect and the queue has some nice facts about the movie and characters to help set the stage for the ride. I really liked it and even much better than its former iteration California Screamin’. It's also fun to note that it's the longest inverting coaster in the world!

With the thrills out of our systems, we continued around the Pier towards our next destination. Except we really didn’t have one. I think we were all there with open minds and a loosey-goosey agenda. We passed up TSMM due to a long line and just kept going, commenting on this or that as we went. What did catch our eyes was the new Inside Out Whirlwind attraction that I know nothing about. We didn't go on it, but did however find this to be a more than perfect opportunity to take a good old-fashioned ChunkyDump. It’s what all the cool kids do! Kari was in a mood, but apparently in just the right place for that. The whole attraction was moody- just ask Bing-Bong. (Not really, she's just too refined for ChunkyDumping.)

Just around the next corner, the swings were a walk-on so we collectively said, “Why not?” The appropriate answer should have been, “Because we will all feel like puking afterwards.”, but we threw caution to the wind (which is much better than lunch) and hopped on. Any pangs of hunger were now eliminated for the rest of the afternoon, at least for me. I can't decide which photo I like better, so here's both:

Fortunately, we’d approached an area that held several special exhibits and a show through the Fall Season- Coco at the Plaza de la Familia. This would keep us from getting on any more nausea-inducing rides so we didn't wreck our special meal coming up.

I had done NO research about what might be going on during my trip and felt a bit behind in my knowledge, but Kari picked up the slack and clued me in. We all definitely wanted the photo op with Miguel but had to wait until he buzzed over after his little song and dance show.

Is it just me, or does this guy creep you out?

Instead of heading over to catch that, we chose to be the first in line for when he showed up. I was totally okay with that, and it turned out to be a really fun Meet and Greet with the Little Guy. His puppeteer was incredibly personable and made the brief interaction fun and easy.

OLE’!!

Maybe it's just me, but he looks pretty strung out in more ways than one!

(And keep your puppet in line!)

We did take time to enjoy the artwork around the colorful, festive display and had these dolls been on sale, I might have had a hard time resisting!

(I'm not sure what you were supposed to write on these little cards, but it did make quite an impressive display!)

Each of us took turns getting the butterfly shots and I’m glad we took the time to do this. They turned out to be some of my favorite shots from the trip.

We then parted ways until that evening. Su-Lynn was just (almost literally) arriving from Singapore and was totally wiped out and jet-lagging so they took off to nap and get ready for dinner. Kari and I decided to loop through Grizzly Peak at a slow pace and eventually head out and over to the other park.

Luckily, one of my favorite acts was just pulling onto Buena Vista on our way out and I really didn’t want to miss their short 20-minute set of jazzy jivin’. They are really a toe-tapping group and make me want to dance more than any other group at Disney. I have really wonderful memories of watching them one evening a few years ago.

After that, we sauntered out, across the Plaza, and into the other park. I’m not sure I’ll ever get used to the close proximity and ease of getting from place to place at DLR! I’ll leave off here for another time. Sadly, laundry does not fold itself, not do I wake up with a magically cleaned toilet.

Now, it’s YOUR turn! You can only choose one from each but commentary is encouraged. :)

1) Churro, pretzel, or eggroll?

2) Coaster, dark ride, or motion simulator?

3) Plush, ears, or t-shirt?

4) Music show, art exhibit, or another merchandise shop?

5) Parade, fireworks, or nighttime show?

Last edited:
Never fear, food usually fixes my ‘tude.

Same.

I honestly had no idea this was even a thing, I hadn’t read about California’s Halloween celebrations in advance, so all of this was brand new to me and I was like a little kid all over again seeing things for the first time. Everything was a fun surprise!

:lovestruc

"Long Term Parking"

Haha! Love this.

So cute!

I'm particularly pleased with this one. Didn't plan it to turn out this way, but I love how the reflections in the windows worked out!

This is neat!

Add to this story:

He had just....

He had just...started his job at the road sign production company and hadn't yet mastered the art of positioning all the text to fit properly.

I didn’t experience it, but the tubes, according to this article have piped in Choco-chip cookie scent.

Yum!

I was totally okay with that, and it turned out to be a really fun Meet and Greet with the Little Guy. His puppeteer was incredibly personable and made the brief interaction fun and easy.

This is really cool!

Oohhh I like this one!

Now, it’s YOUR turn! You can only choose one from each but commentary is encouraged. :)

1. None anymore. :( But back in my gluten-eating days, pretzel. ...Unless I'm fortunate enough to be in AK and at the Nomad Lounge now, in which case I can still enjoy a churro!

2. Dark ride.

3. Plush? The ears from Disney hurt my head, and I have way too many t-shirts now.

4. Music show

5. Nighttime show, because Fantasmic wins the day for me.

Seems like you did a lot on your day. I agree with you that you should have skipped the swings. I love roller coasters and the ferris wheel and stuff but I can't do the round in circle things. I can do the Carousel rides but not the swings.
Okay I can participate in this one.

1) Churro, pretzel, or eggroll? Pretzel - my favourites especially shaped like Mickey.

2) Coaster, dark ride, or motion simulator? Coaster but not the looping kind only the regular kind. I don't like the dark rides as I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and the claustraphobia kicks in.

3) Plush, ears, or t-shirt? Plushies for the win. I have so many already but who doesn't need one more. Last time at Disneyland though my sister and I did find ears with Lightning McQueen on them so had to buy them as I am a big autoracing fan and they made the perfect accessory for my race parties.

4) Music show, art exhibit, or another merchandise shop? Music show - I used to love watching the Jaminators at Epcot (back when I went to Disneyworld). Even now I listen to them more on my Disney Christmas CD than the other songs.

5) Parade, fireworks, or nighttime show? Hard one as I do like them all. I think a nighttime parade as the lights at night are so pretty.

He had just...started his job at the road sign production company and hadn't yet mastered the art of positioning all the text to fit properly.

LOL!! Good one! :laughing:

1. None anymore. :( But back in my gluten-eating days, pretzel. ...Unless I'm fortunate enough to be in AK and at the Nomad Lounge now, in which case I can still enjoy a churro!

2. Dark ride.

3. Plush? The ears from Disney hurt my head, and I have way too many t-shirts now.

4. Music show

5. Nighttime show, because Fantasmic wins the day for me.

1. :( That's not very fun, Meghan. I'm sad you can't enjoy some of the goodies like you used to. But! YAY! Churros at the Nomad! I've not seen those yet but will look for them. I'm not gluten-free (normally, but am this month) but I am intrigued!

2. Favorite one?

3. That was a hard one, wasn't it?

4. Me too!

5. Aww, your beloved Fantasmic!!

Seems like you did a lot on your day. I agree with you that you should have skipped the swings. I love roller coasters and the ferris wheel and stuff but I can't do the round in circle things. I can do the Carousel rides but not the swings.

1) Churro, pretzel, or eggroll? Pretzel - my favourites especially shaped like Mickey.

I sure wish they hadn't discontinued the jalepeno cream cheese ones. :(

2) Coaster, dark ride, or motion simulator? Coaster but not the looping kind only the regular kind. I don't like the dark rides as I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and the claustraphobia kicks in.

Me too! Well, the part about no looping. I find they hurt my neck anymore. I can certainly understand how dark rides could be that way for some folks!

3) Plush, ears, or t-shirt? Plushies for the win. I have so many already but who doesn't need one more. Last time at Disneyland though my sister and I did find ears with Lightning McQueen on them so had to buy them as I am a big autoracing fan and they made the perfect accessory for my race parties.

OH nice! :) It's always so fun when you find something just right for your hobbies, isn't it?

4) Music show, art exhibit, or another merchandise shop? Music show - I used to love watching the Jaminators at Epcot (back when I went to Disneyworld). Even now I listen to them more on my Disney Christmas CD than the other songs.

Me too!! I am sad to see them go for sure. They'll be missed by many!

5) Parade, fireworks, or nighttime show? Hard one as I do like them all. I think a nighttime parade as the lights at night are so pretty.

Oh nicely done! You combined two of them. MSEP will always hold a special place in my heart.

I'm not gluten-free (normally, but am this month) but I am intrigued!

The churros at Nomad Lounge are very tasty! They're naturally made to be gluten free (though don't let that fool you into thinking they're healthy! they're definitely not sugar free! lol) A little fancier and doughier than snack cart churros, but very good. They serve them with vanilla sauce and strawberry chilli sauce (or something like that. The strawberry one has something to give it a kick.) I definitely recommend dipping in both sauces at the same time.

2. Favorite one?

Oooh dear...it's liking picking a favourite child. Winnie the Pooh is very nostalgic for us. I suppose my favourite dark ride would possibly be Spaceship Earth? Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan make close seconds/thirds.

We just didn't have time for all of those
I thought not, but... thought I'd ask anyway. :)
and I fully realize that the Storybook Canal Boats are a major snoozer for 99% of the adult (and kid) population.
I didn't want to make Kari stand in line and endure a ride she probably doesn't enjoy. :)
Oh! Yeah, good reason to skip it.
And I knew we'd probably do IJ on our tour the next day. (We did.)
That explains that, then. :)
As for Finding Nemo, they destroyed that ride when they moved from 20,000 Leagues and then (to my childhood memory) the "Submarine Ride". I like it okay, but get a bit sad that's it's just not what it was in her glory days.
:sad2:
I know. I still get a little sad whenever I pass the area it used to be at, in MK.
Great ride. Shame that no one (younger generation) has seen the film or knows there was a cool ride there once.
Hmmm, probably not in food service. Maybe as a nurse?
Oh! That'd be cool!
Yes! A nice cold, beverage is nice especially if it comes in a uber cool Tiki-style fish mug! :snooty:
Okay, I'll give you that one. :)
So it basically took you about 3 days.
Nope. I put the sashaying mode on hold and put my feet in "high speed" gear.
Ohhhhhhh… Okay! Got it! Thanks!
Nope! Just the butt of a joke. Or rather my butt was a joke.
:laughing:
Time with Fran and Alison is always pretty nice. :)
Hear, hear!
So, kinda 2 attractions then?
::yes::
But I do know of your love for both of those attractions and would agree, both are completely magical!
Okay, that was damned clever! Did you come up with that?
But of course.
I can make up all kinds of crap. I'm a dad, you know. It comes with the job.
I dunno.... maybe not?
Whoa! That's... pretty darned impressive!
Oh? Well.... do let me know if it works out.
Sure! It'd be fun to get the gang back together. Maybe Elle or Kay could tag along. :)
No, this is my #2 kid. My #1 (son) has a couple of cute little rugrats in Maryland. :) Alice and Rowan.
Ah! Okay!

Disneyland Resort Day #2 started off early, but not stupid early.
That's reserved for airlines, ya know.
In no time at all, our ride showed up and we were whisked to…

...the wrong drop-off point. :sad2:
:lmao: Of course you were! If they can't find a lobby at a hotel, how can they find an entrance at a theme park!?
After a nightmarish security stint, which made EPCOT look like a walk in the park (pun intended),
Ugh.
And.... nice one!
and wherein my personal pull-tab alarm was confiscated ( major 🤷‍♀️ )
Um.... why????
and the entirety of Kari’s wallet exploded all over the ground,
Oh, no!!!
Great shot!
I was exhausted at 10:30 when we sauntered in and was getting cranksters.
Uh, oh...

I feel so badly!

For Kari.

:rolleyes:
Wow! What kind of bun/pastry was that?
I drooled over this window and wished I had a place for something similar in my own home. The colors make me all happy-like inside.

Meh. Just make one, yourself. How hard could it be?

we stopped to pay homage to The Headless Horseman
COOOLL!!!!! I had no idea!
and said hello to the ever-hilarious Streetmosphere characters. They never get old.
Was that a real dog, or just a prop??
Passing this made me want to come again next year to take it all in at a slower and more thorough pace:

I can see why. I'd be curious too. :)
Then again, there may be other, better plans astir. No announcement yet, but maybe soon.
popcorn::
we made it back to Carsland where all things DCA Halloween are.
I won't comment on every photo... but I easily could have.
Wow!
1. Love all the themeing!
2. Great photos!
"Long Term Parking"
But will comment on this one...

I'm particularly pleased with this one. Didn't plan it to turn out this way, but I love how the reflections in the windows worked out!
Nice! Even if it was a happy mistake. :)
I paused for a few shots of one of the loveliest parts of any Disney park.
I'll never forget when @franandaj took us in the "back way" to see it. :love:
It does nothing but make me want to quit my job and drive around the Desert Southwest taking in all of its grandeur.
Totally understandable! I'll go with you!
I suppose that’s what retirement is for…
Nah. Why wait? :)
He had just... what?? Do tell....
I guess I'm inspired by the cacti, we have nothing like that up here, of course.
And I'm sure it's one of those classic Burma Shave signs, so...

He had just missed the turn,
When he felt a little burn.
The turn had rather wrecked him,
With a cactus up his rectum.

I don't have a ton of travel plans on the books right now. And I believe we have a few places that we have put on "the list".
I strongly doubt I'll be getting to Cali in 2020. I have an Alaskan cruise in the spring and probably something or other (really not sure what, yet, but... something) in the fall.

Hoping for 2021?

<sigh> So far away...

You caught a mermaid!
I'm afraid I took a pitiful amount of photos in this area and Pixar Pier. :(
That's okay. Sometimes it's nice just to enjoy. :)
They’d arrived hungry, but this is Steve and Su-Lynn, so this surprised me not one iota. 🤣
After the appropriate hugs, greetings, and awkwardly complementing each other on our outfits (cuz that’s what’s done when you don’t know folks super well, but will once you get that out of the way),
Uh, oh... in all my DISmeets, I don't think I've ever (or at least... not often) complimented someone on an outfit.
Then again... I'm a guy and maybe that'd be weird.
"Hey, Bob. Those are some mighty smart pants you're wearing there."
or worse A BOX! (right @Jenny Sanders ?!)
Steve and Su-Lynn opted for a Mexican-style meal and some chips and salsa of which I helped myself to a couple. Because we got that awkward bit out of the way and now we were best friends. :rolleyes:
That was quick!
The stand-by time for the Incredi-Coaster was only 20 minutes so Steve and I hopped in line for that.
Not bad. Sure! Go for it. :)
What can I say about the new coaster? Track is the same, no changes, but the new storyline is great! I love the voices and cameos throughout. I didn’t experience it, but the tubes, according to this article have piped in Choco-chip cookie scent.
Really! This is all good to hear! (and smell, perhaps)
They also serve to deflect noise from the ride and riders away from the residential/business side of the ride and back into the park, thus allowing for the attraction to meet noise abatement codes of the cities of Anaheim and Garden Grove. Who knew?!
Huh! And yet... I wonder what was there first... the park or the homes...

That always makes me shake my head.
An airport gets built in the middle of nowhere. Urban sprawl brings homes around it. People complain that the airport is too loud. :sad2:
It's also fun to note that it's the longest inverting coaster in the world!
Really! I had no idea. Huh!
Kari was in a mood, but apparently in just the right place for that.
:laughing: I remember she posed that way before. ::yes::
:laughing: Perfect!
Just around the next corner, the swings were a walk-on so we collectively said, “Why not?”
Because... you can ride that at any fair?
Hmmm... were you thinking maybe the view would be good?
The appropriate answer should have been, “Because we will all feel like puking afterwards.”,
Uh, oh...
but we threw caution to the wind (which is much better than lunch)
Any pangs of hunger were now eliminated for the rest of the afternoon, at least for me.
Oh, no! You had an elimination on the swings?!?!? Those poor people below you!!!!
I can't decide which photo I like better, so here's both:
I much prefer the first one, but... Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty... Those overhanging bits bugged me.

Wow! Now that is such a great photo!!! :worship:
That's cool! (And another great photo... you really outdid yourself on these last two updates!)
Is it just me, or does this guy creep you out?
It's not just you.
1. That puppet is pretty cool. Never seen a M&G like that.
2. Love the super cute pose! :goodvibes
Maybe it's just me, but he looks pretty strung out in more ways than one!
(And keep your puppet in line!)
:lmao:
(I'm not sure what you were supposed to write on these little cards, but it did make quite an impressive display!)
Isn't it the names of people (family and/or friends) who've passed away?
Each of us took turns getting the butterfly shots and I’m glad we took the time to do this. They turned out to be some of my favorite shots from the trip.
Good! And...
I'm in love with this photo of you! Might be my fave of you. :)
Luckily, one of my favorite acts was just pulling onto Buena Vista on our way out and I really didn’t want to miss their short 20-minute set of jazzy jivin’.
I remember them!
I have really wonderful memories of watching them one evening a few years ago.
I do too!

1. Depends... if the pretzel is just out of the oven and soft (with salt!!!! has to have salt!), then the pretzel. Otherwise... eggroll. Churro a very, very distant third.
2. That's a tough one, but... considering two of my fave rides are dark rides, I'll say that. (HM & PP)
3. T-shirt, I guess. I'll buy some from Harley shops... but don't buy any of the three at Disney.
4. Since all the merch shops are the same now... that's out. Probably art exhibit... but depends on the art. Photos? Yes! Glass? Yes! Modern art painting? Probably not.
5. With the exception of MNSSHParade... Fireworks.

1) Churro, pretzel, or eggroll ? - pretzel but I am deprived and have only had WDW churros not DL and my understanding is DL are far superior

2) Coaster, dark ride, or motion simulator? Coaster for sure. I love thrill rides.

3) Plush, ears, or t-shirt? T-shirt. I have never gotten into the ears though I admire them on others .

4) Music show, art exhibit, or another merchandise shop? Hmmmm none of the above ? If I had to pick - art exhibit

5) Parade, fireworks, or nighttime show? Fireworks. Not a huge parade fan.

What a fun and friend filled day. Looking forward to reading more

Satiated, it was time to see what DCA offered up in the way of Halloween goody. Trust me when I tell you it was over-the-top and exactly what floats my Disney-loving boat. As we made our way down Buena Vista Street we stopped to pay homage to The Headless Horseman and said hello to the ever-hilarious Streetmosphere characters. They never get old.
So well done!
Carsland is transformed into a place chock-full of sight gags, incredibly clever use of theme, and in my opinion fun for all ages. I have no idea what happens here during the C.A. version of the Halloween Party, Oogie Boogie Bash, but I imagine it’s an absolute blast! Then again, if they’re over-selling tickets/entry, it could be a colossal bummer too. Regardless, I completely enjoyed our stroll through the whole area taking in all the details. The photos just don’t do it justice, but I did my best to bring you a goodly sampling of it. ETA: I just checked: 2019 Oogie Boogie Bash’s are sold out. One of those you gotta plan ahead for, I suppose. 😊 More photos:
I love the theming!
They’d arrived hungry, but this is Steve and Su-Lynn, so this surprised me not one iota. 🤣 After our large-ish breakfast we, however, were not. Plus, special dinner, remember? It was time for a drink though! After the appropriate hugs, greetings, and awkwardly complementing each other on our outfits (cuz that’s what’s done when you don’t know folks super well, but will once you get that out of the way), they went off to find real food and I went off to find a real drink. Except you can’t because it’s Disney and they all (unless you’re at a legit lounge) come out of a Slurpee machine, a can, or worse A BOX! (right @Jenny Sanders ?!)
Even at a legit lounge, you don't always get a real drink. You do, however, pay a real price.....
What can I say about the new coaster? Track is the same, no changes, but the new storyline is great! I love the voices and cameos throughout. I didn’t experience it, but the tubes, according to this article have piped in Choco-chip cookie scent. They also serve to deflect noise from the ride and riders away from the residential/business side of the ride and back into the park, thus allowing for the attraction to meet noise abatement codes of the cities of Anaheim and Garden Grove. Who knew?! The soundtrack is perfect and the queue has some nice facts about the movie and characters to help set the stage for the ride. I really liked it and even much better than its former iteration California Screamin’. It's also fun to note that it's the longest inverting coaster in the world!
this sounds so fun!!
Just around the next corner, the swings were a walk-on so we collectively said, “Why not?” The appropriate answer should have been, “Because we will all feel like puking afterwards.”, but we threw caution to the wind (which is much better than lunch) and hopped on. Any pangs of hunger were now eliminated for the rest of the afternoon, at least for me. I can't decide which photo I like better, so here's both:
The pics are great but this is definitely too spinny for me.
Instead of heading over to catch that, we chose to be the first in line for when he showed up. I was totally okay with that, and it turned out to be a really fun Meet and Greet with the Little Guy. His puppeteer was incredibly personable and made the brief interaction fun and easy.
Love all the Coco puppets!
Gorgeous!

1. Pretzel
2. Dark ride
3. Ears
4. Music show
5. Fireworks!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter