ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Specifically, I am headed to The World mid-November for Dapper Days, which is November 18th. It's an event I've wanted to hit up for several years, and the time seems ripe for such an occasion.

Danielle would love this. She's being asking for years to make a Dapper Day, but since she will be in her first semester of college it's a no go for us. Would love to be especially since it's so close to my birthday and it's a woozy this year. Have extra fun for me too.

Welcome home! :)

Thanks!! Good to be back and making $$ for the next trip!

Not too bad. I got back from my vacation with a very sore neck. Unfortunately it's just been getting worse instead of better. Starting to think about seeing a doctor soon.

And?

Well... I managed to miss both!
I was in the USA for Canada Day and in Canada for Independence day!

Well, that was certainly planned all wrong. ;)

Oh? Do tell?

Well, let's just say there was weather at my originating city, and I'd have missed my connection in Dallas altogether. So Southwest kindly booked me on a later flight out connecting through Phoenix instead. I will STILL late getting to PHX and was the LAST person to board that flight. The real bummer though was that they once again, because SWA CANNOT EVER get my baggage to me (3rd flight in a row of lost or broken luggage) lost my bag..... again.

It did? Awww! I did see that on FB and it made me smile.

:goodvibes

Ugh... I'm sucking bad here. Hopefully this round I can catch up a bit.

Looks like you picked up some ground. But then again, a lot of other la did well too.

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, here. But I did see it on FB (and I was lucky to, as I don't check there very often)

From what I've seen on FB, he's doing better, although will be home for a while, correct?
Thoughts and prayers to him and all his (extended) family.

Recovering at home as best he can. Thanks for all your prayers!

Wow. That is cool... but would've been better if the idiot who ran the stop hadn't hit him in the first place. :sad2:

True, but we all make dumb mistakes. He's forgiven. :)

Thanks!! Good to be back and making $$ for the next trip!

::yes::

Seeing a doctor soon.

Today in fact.

Although... it's not as bad today.

Probably because I'm seeing a doctor who will nod, and tell me to go away.

Well, that was certainly planned all wrong. ;)

:sad2:

Well, let's just say there was weather at my originating city, and I'd have missed my connection in Dallas altogether. So Southwest kindly booked me on a later flight out connecting through Phoenix instead. I will STILL late getting to PHX and was the LAST person to board that flight. The real bummer though was that they once again, because SWA CANNOT EVER get my baggage to me (3rd flight in a row of lost or broken luggage) lost my bag..... again.

Ugh... Sorry to hear that. You got your bag back though?

Looks like you picked up some ground. But then again, a lot of other la did well too.

I thought so. Ah well.

Recovering at home as best he can. Thanks for all your prayers!

Good to hear!

I could see Danielle doing this, she loves ranch on everything. Might have to try this.

Ranch: King of all Dressings

The next time I see one I'm going to have to touch it.

Let me know if it's one of those that does the close up thing. :)

I was looking real hard at that desk back in May. I'm going back for Mardi Gras but I'm going to help Michelle with the kids.

Ah, so not so much for touring and playing.

Not yet. I ended up with my sister and her daughter Monday night. This weekend is John Paul's baptism so maybe the following weekend. I'm tired of cleaning house.

OY! I can imagine! Yuck! (But that's exactly what I have to do all weekend too.)

I really want to do the train tour. Maybe next time with my boys!

Keys to the Kingdom was a lot of fun. I'm willing to bet you know most of the information they'd give you, but it's always neat to peek behind the scenes.

Really? Sarah wouldn't like it, you don't think?

True, but I was a CM and know that those backstage areas look like. Meh.

BUT, there is a pin... there's always that.

Still, my heart says Train Tour.

But the bashing IS the joke!

Awww, poor, poor dollies. They weep at your scoffing heart.

What to do when you arrive early for your kid's orthodontist appointment? Reply to threads! And it's your turn! :)

YAY!! I feel so special!

Well, yes... but sometimes the even better stuff you just can't share with anyone else.

True. Sometimes things are best left in the heart.

::yes:: Done that a few times on my solos. I'd stare at something and wish I had someone by my side to share it with.

I can see this too, especially when you see or notice something for the very first time and go, "Wooow!".

Yup!

Except I know better. I've heard too many people rave about this tour.

I think this of the very few things left in EPCOT capture Walt's vision of making learning and innovation fun for everyone. Sad to see EPCOT going the way of canned entertainment. :(

Bite your tongue! Nothing beats a good Gilligan's Island!

True! Tongue bitten.

Yup. Usually.... that first Monday.

Really? I actually really love my job still. There has been very few days I've gotten up and thought, "Geez, I really don't wanna go in and do what I love today.".

That was me when I was a kid.
#1 Reason why we have almost zero garden in the front and zero in the back.

So, you just have.... dirt?? And a pool?

I actually stopped and thought about that.....

I couldn't think of anything.

Paying your bill at the end of your stay?

Great shot! I hadn't seen that perspective before. My shots are usually shot from when you enter the building.

Thanks! Always looking for the unique. :)

Hmmm.... So kids = pests.

Yup! That's about right!

Yes. At times... yes.

... there you go!

sigh... party pooper.

We used to have one of those in a pot in our kitchen. We loved making the leaves closed.
Probably why it died. We did it all. the. time.

Plant abuser.

You could have just said "It's cool. Don't know how it works." and I would have understood just as well.

But, then you wouldn't have wasted 10 minutes reading it. (I know you did.)
You can thank me later for not making a comment here.

But I'm sure @Captain_Oblivious did. His mind's like that.

Well, they are impressive!

From the crazed tourists on the tour. Gotcha.
So... thanks for the fish, Liesa!

Any time. Any time....

Nice shot! Mikki especially looks a lot like you. Twins!

Yes, looks a great deal like me about 100 years ago.

Read all that. And of course I PMd you and knew some of that.
Didn't know about him puking when they sat him up, but I'm not surprised.
Hope he's doing better.

Each day is a bit better. He is able to sit in the shower now and have Bek help him. That's GOTTA feel good!

You are? Hey! That's great! Good for you!

When you say "This lady".
Just you? You and DH? You and a few select kids?

Just me, myself and I. Have things I wanna get done, and you can get less "done" the more people you have. But would love company for some parts. :)

I've heard of it... so Googled. Cool!

Indeed...

If you like to gussy up now and then.

Hmmm...

I am thinking sometime in October/November.
But probably won't be there that late.

But I'll let ya know!

Keep me posted... Last year didn't work out, maybe this one might.

Ohhhh.... I've never done that either.

Hmmm......

See?! I've got you thinking!

Danielle would love this. She's being asking for years to make a Dapper Day, but since she will be in her first semester of college it's a no go for us. Would love to be especially since it's so close to my birthday and it's a woozy this year. Have extra fun for me too.

Probably not the best time to go then. That first year is stressful figuring out the routine and what it takes to make the grade. ;)

OH?! A woozy? Do tell? A round number?

I can neither confirm nor deny this statement.

Uh huh. Sure.

Seeing a doctor soon.

Today in fact.

Although... it's not as bad today.

Probably because I'm seeing a doctor who will nod, and tell me to go away.

Been taking a pain reliever or anti-inflammatory regularly?

Ugh... Sorry to hear that. You got your bag back though?

Eventually, but this time it took 2 days.
Funny story about luggage in general though from when I filed my claim when I landed. (Because filing a claim was exactly what I wanted to do at 1:30 AM after flying all day.)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I believe that brings me up to date on replies here? Yes?? I honestly don't know. For the first time ever, I have literally lost track of my replies and where I left off last time. And I"m just too tired to go hunting.

If I missed you and you feel slighted, just tell me and I'll fix it. ;)

Meantime, I'll start a'writin'. 'Bout time I finished this here TR up since I'll be leaving again in a mere 4 months. So... hmmm let's see that means T-Z, 7 more updates to wrap it up. Yes, 7 more riveting chapters of the crappiest writing you ever did read.

Yet....

there are several more Dining Reviews, an(other!) over-the-top tour, and Tate's shenanigans yet to come.

Stay tuned. I swear I'll see this TR though to the bitter end.

Meantime, the Tikis and I are happlily imbibing a Cherry Fizz and about to consume massive portions of pot roast and potatoes. Because it's Friday.

19990317_1611784492167148_9058432491732095264_n.jpg

2 shots cherry brandy
juice of 1 Meyer lemon
Club soda to taste
Maraschino cherry juice to taste

Shaken, not stirred.

Cheers!

Ranch: King of all Dressings

Absolutely!

Let me know if it's one of those that does the close up thing. :)

When I find one I will. My Nanny had one in her yard when we were growing up.

Ah, so not so much for touring and playing.

I won't be leading, I'll be following.

OY! I can imagine! Yuck! (But that's exactly what I have to do all weekend too.)

I'm sorry. I like a clean house, but regular clean and "company clean" are two different things.

OH?! A woozy? Do tell? A round number?

Yet it it. 1967 was a good year.

Meantime, the Tikis and I are happlily imbibing a Cherry Fizz and about to consume massive portions of pot roast and potatoes. Because it's Friday.

Oh this looks good and dinner sounds great.

True. Sometimes things are best left in the heart.

::yes::

I can see this too, especially when you see or notice something for the very first time and go, "Wooow!".

I've done that exact thing on my last trip.

I think this of the very few things left in EPCOT capture Walt's vision of making learning and innovation fun for everyone. Sad to see EPCOT going the way of canned entertainment. :(

Yup. Just... don't touch my Japanese garden!

Really? I actually really love my job still. There has been very few days I've gotten up and thought, "Geez, I really don't wanna go in and do what I love today.".

I'm very happy for you!
I don't mind going in to work... except when I'd rather catch up on sleep.

But.... there are the odd day here and there.

Like... today!

So, you just have.... dirt?? And a pool?

Deck. Interlocking stone. Decorative stone. Pool.

Paying your bill at the end of your stay?

Ah. Yes. That.

sigh... party pooper.

:laughing:

Plant abuser.

I have a brown thumb. I kill every plant I touch.

But, then you wouldn't have wasted 10 minutes reading it. (I know you did.)

Yep. I did.

Well, they are impressive!

:rolleyes1

Yes, looks a great deal like me about 100 years ago.

Typo. You added a zero.

Each day is a bit better. He is able to sit in the shower now and have Bek help him. That's GOTTA feel good!

Good! That's excellent progress!

Just me, myself and I. Have things I wanna get done, and you can get less "done" the more people you have. But would love company for some parts. :)

Still haven't had a chance to look that far ahead.

Soon, though.... I hope!

Indeed...

If you like to gussy up now and then.

I am equally adept at gussying as I am at sashaying.

The two go hand in hand.

Keep me posted... Last year didn't work out, maybe this one might.

That's true. I kinda owe you one.

See?! I've got you thinking!

You do!

For the first time ever, I have literally lost track of my replies and where I left off last time.

Welcome to the club.

Yes, 7 more riveting chapters of the crappiest writing you ever did read.

Yay! More fun reading!
(Hardly crappy)

Niiiiiice.

T is for: Tate Takes To Town with a Dip into Trader Sam’s

Tater O’Patty is a man of the world who takes his life of leisure quite seriously. His motto, oft quoted, is “Work hard, Play harder”, except that Tatey for short, or Tate for shorter, doesn’t always follow through with the “Work hard” part. He is accustomed, rather, to the luxuries this life affords, especially when others are willing to foot the bill. (Sounds like most of the kids I have still living at home.) Luckily, his DISPal, Queen Steppe is his willing partner in the “Play harder” part, and totes her doting little playboy along for her own merriment and amusement. Yes, I still amuse myself.

Sadly, too often on his last trip, Tate was held captive to the confines of his bag, because Queen Steppe got lazy, as she can be prone to do on vacation, and got preoccupied with other pursuits of entertainment. (Yes, I'm fully aware that was a run on sentence.) Luckily for him, she began to feel guilty a few times and scooped up her little tatiness and took him out for some play time.

IMG_0597.jpg

I don’t think this will come as any too big a shock to those of you who have known Tater for long enough, that, on at least one of those occasions, he somehow managed to find a little solo time of his own. As to date, Queen Steppe has been unable to ascertain the exact shenanigans he was up to, but did find a few telling photos on his wee little phone.

Forensics were employed to re-create what might have taken place on one his little adventure-seeking outings. I will let you be the judge on what Tate was up to, and to discern the levels of Spudly Debauchery he indulged in.

Steppe, he found, was busy enough that he knew he wouldn’t be missed for a day of fun on his own, so set out to seek whatever fun he could find. That would mean his first stop would be at the home of his Main Squeeze, Briar Tatum.

IMG_2022.jpg

Tate was all smiles as he approached her cozy little shack near the Briar Patch, but was devastated when he found her gone for the day; he wasn’t happy about postponing their little soiree... The Laughing Place had a whole new meaning for those two.

IMG_2019.jpg

He searched the entire neighborhood almost distraught, for his passion for his Briar Babe is strong.

IMG_0011_1.jpg

IMG_0006_1.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0012_1.jpg

IMG_0013_1.jpg

IMG_0007_1.jpg

IMG_0022_1.jpg

IMG_0017_1.jpg

IMG_0025_1.jpg

IMG_0029_1.jpg

IMG_0019_1.jpg

IMG_0034_1.jpg

IMG_0036_1.jpg

IMG_0040_1.jpg

Still hopeful he could find a good time, and to make the best of his day out, he continued on undaunted. His was a life of mildly wanton pleasure, so on he pressed to find some legal fun. Just nearby, he found a place to sow a few wild oats, or, well, at least get a bit of feminine attention. It looks as if these ladies didn’t mind indulging his vain side. No matter how you slice and fry it, Tater is a ladies’ man.

IMG_2024.jpg

In fact, he is so suave with the gals, he was even able to convince them to tell him where a secret treasure hoard was and how to plunder the stores therein without being noosed and plunged into the town well.

IMG_2027.jpg

After gathering up his loot, he found ways to spend it on completely useless crap made in China.

IMG_2081.jpg

Tate’s a lot like you, isn’t he?? After buying bags of junk and having it sent to Steppe’s resort room (and thinking to himself, “Hmmm, I should probably thank Steppe and at least pretend I’m grateful for the lovely trip she’s giving us. I mean even her kids did that!”) he figured he’d better get himself on some rides so he could feel ill the rest of the day. As you can see, he chose exactly the right one to do that. The Puke Cups never fail in that department. It’s a good thing Tate had held off on getting his annual load of Casey Nuggets!

IMG_2058.jpg

After pounding out at least this one ride, (there may have been others, but that is all the photographic evidence we have) Tateycakes had one more stop to make before meeting back up with Steppe- his favorite bar! What trip is complete without a little dip into Trader Sam’s?? We all know what a bit of imbibing does to one’s self-restraint, so it’s no surprise that we found quite a few photos of Trader Sam’s on his camera. From the looks of it, he had a wonderful time and even found time to take a swim in the waterfall on the deck. Cheeky little spud!

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

By the looks of not one, but two, drinks on the table, we can surmise that Tate was probably not alone. Eh hhmm....

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

Eventually, he found Steppe and the others and hopped his fat little tipsy self back into his bag, desolate that he’d missed his sweet little Briar Tatum. He yearned for her a-peeling touch, and hoped that she will be home this November for a little mash up.

Stay tuned for November’s Tatey Escapades….

Last edited:
I won't be leading, I'll be following.

Probably best when you're the babysitter. ;)

I'm sorry. I like a clean house, but regular clean and "company clean" are two different things.

OH! I would 100% agree. Absolutely!

Yet it it. 1967 was a good year.

OH yes it WAS!!! I do remember commenting on that being a vintage of fine quality, but couldn't remember exactly who. Now I know who my DIS Near Twin is! :)

Oh this looks good and dinner sounds great.

Thanks.... the Tikis never fail.

Yup. Just... don't touch my Japanese garden!

:scared:
Ok OK!!! As long as my Moroccan alleys aren't messed with!

I'm very happy for you!
I don't mind going in to work... except when I'd rather catch up on sleep.

But.... there are the odd day here and there.

Like... today!

Well... that doesn't sound good! :headache:

Deck. Interlocking stone. Decorative stone. Pool.

Oh, then not so bad! Sounds nice! Do you have any pots with some flowers or such? Might add some color and a soft touch.

I have a brown thumb. I kill every plant I touch.

On 2nd thought....

I am equally adept at gussying as I am at sashaying.

The two go hand in hand.

I have seen you in a tux (suit?) at least once (Splash Mountain ride photo) and well, I would have to agree. You gussy and sashay quite well.

Hand in hand you say? Sounds like Dapper Days would welcome you!

Yay! More fun reading!
(Hardly crappy)

Well, hopefully Tate has entertained you well. He's a debonair sort of guy.

Pooh! I will miss you by a few days! We go Nov. 11-15. I think Dapper Days sounds like so much fun.

Gosh darn! Let me know if change and you extend your dates!

Finally! The news I've been waiting for!

I received word last night that I am being offered a position on a team going to W. Africa for a survey trip and yet to be determined medical work. At the very least, I'll be touring the Main Hospital where many died of the last Ebola outbreak in 2014, visiting a satellite medical clinic in the slum area of the Capitol city, doing needs assessment for potential water projects in villages and possibly doing a vaccination clinic. As I understand it, I'll be meeting with officials to lay the ground work for a mobile van clinic as well. There is a small chance I will do an in-service for post-anesthesia care.

This goes ahead of the funded trips we have a proposal out for which has not seen funding yet. We are hoping for word when the US passes it's annual budget. In the meantime, this will be a self-funded trip, so in addition to beginning to get my vaccinations (yellow fever required) and malaria prophylaxis started, my passport renewed, etc... I will begin the process of fundraising. Costs are pretty minimal, as I'll be staying in a guest hostel. The main expenses will be airfare and visas. Every dollar I raise, I will be personally matching for medical and first aid supplies, vitamins, and medications, etc...

If you are interested, PM me. :)

When? On the back of my WDW trip. I'll request 3 weeks off work, which I'm pretty sure I can get. If I can't, obviously the trip will be postponed... possibly until our project is funded in full and I can draw a salary from that, and I'll have accrued more PTO. If you guys remember, January was pretty slow anyway. Regardless, I'm super, super stoked about getting this chance to go and serve. There are incredible needs there and I want to be part of making a difference!

Last edited:
I am headed to The World mid-November for Dapper Days, which is November 18th.

This is so exciting! I love seeing peoples' pictures of this event and the costumes! I wish I could join you but sadly...I too will be just back from a Vegas trip at that time!! I do hope you will share some pics after even if no TR.

Tikis and I are happlily imbibing a Cherry Fizz

This drink looks right up my alley, sweet and fizzy and delish. And of course in the perfect vessel.

After gathering up his loot, and found ways to spend it on completely useless crap made in China.

Yup, I do have quite a lot in common with Tatey when on vacay.

Regardless, I'm super, super stoked about getting this chance to go and serve. There are incredible needs there and I want to be part of making a difference!

This is seriously cool. I can't imagine how rewarding it is to be able to use your skills for something like this where you are really making a difference. I mean, I think you do that every day at your job, but this will be even more rewarding.

I received word last night that I am being offered a position on a team going to W. Africa for a survey trip and yet to be determined medical work. At the very least, I'll be touring the Main Hospital where many died of the last Ebola outbreak in 2014, visiting a satellite medical clinic in the slum area of the Capitol city, doing needs assessment for potential water projects in villages and possibly doing a vaccination clinic. As I understand it, I'll be meeting with officials to lay the ground work for a mobile van clinic as well. There is a small chance I will do an in-service for post-anesthesia care.

This is amazing!! Congrats on the opportunity! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as you're looking ahead to this trip!

Probably best when you're the babysitter. ;)

I've never been a follower at Disney so this should be interesting. I am very excited to share Disney with John Paul for the first time.

Now I know who my DIS Near Twin is! :)

I like this "Dis Near Twin"!

Finally! The news I've been waiting for!

This is the best news ever! What an exciting fall you will have. A big adventure and you'll be doing lot of good for others.

I enjoyed Tate's adventures too. Splash Mountain is my favorite MK attraction.

Hi
Looks like tater man had a great day out in the laughing place and trader Sam's to finnish.Just a pity he couldn't find anything that was made in the USA to take home with him.
Great news on your Africa adventure finally coming to the fore hopefully you will get the time off. Congratulations on getting the offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!