ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

A nice day at DL. After reading and seeing all the new Halloween decorations at DCA, I really want to go back.

Glad that your project is progressing and it goes well.

It's great that you and your team are progressing the project and it is all finally coming together.Hopefully it will continue to run smoothly for you.

Awesome work! I thought my volunteer stuff was time consuming, you got me beat hands down in the best way possible! Good luck with the rest of the fundraising and planning. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes :goodvibes

M is for: Mission Accomplished!

There once was a gal on a mission
Who was facing a tough decision
Her belly was gnawing
A new park was drawing
So off she went with renewed ambition

Across the wide courtyard she slipped
Her camera in hand firmly gripped (shocking, I know!)
Steppesister her name
Finding eggs was her game
With pants on her legs firmly zipped (room to eat, yay!)

Into the shop she hurriedly strode
Quickly and deftly her Visa she showed
The lady right there
Flashed her nametag with flair
And Steppe was quite pleased with this episode

IMG_0073.jpg

(I have never once, ever seen this spelling of my name anywhere else!)

The day was so bright and beautifully sunny
And Disney sure thought Steppe was made of pure money
But map in her hand ($5.99 each)
She went off to each land
To find recent work of the Easter Bunny

dcamap123456LARGE.jpg

(An old map to give you an example- 3 maps, one for each Hunt @ $5.99 each. You get a little plastic character egg when you finish the hunt.)

Art-deco facades and neon marquees
The streets reminiscent of the 20's and 30's
The glamour and glitz
Let’s put on our ritz
And leave behind us all hurries and worries (except to eat, for that I was in a hurry!)

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

On to the Land of the Bugs Steppe did go
Into the space of the Bug Circus Chateau
Atta, Manny, and Hopper
For photos each one they did stop her
So much to see now, her pace could not slow!

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0084_1.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Steppesister's poor little tummy
Was now feeling quite rumbly
And Radiator Springs
And all of its things
Left her feet feeling quite crummy! (yes, this is foreshadowing)

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Yet, it was fun to explore its details
Walk on the roads, then hit up the trails
Up to Muir Lookout
Grizzly Peak then scout out
To find all the eggs on hills and in dales

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

There once was a gal who was keen
To learn how to work a flying machine
She found these here notes
As cute anecdotes
To lately how busy she’s been

(this particular endeavor has been put on hold until January, after Africa and the Holidays)

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

At last she’d arrived at the place she sought out
To find some good bites of some tasty take out
This one or that one, a yes or a no
Hot dogs all kinds, wrapped up in dough
Filling the belly was all it t’was 'bout.

And then she decided, by word from a friend (@franandaj )
The cheesy corn dog she chose in the end.
She bit off one bite
And then had a fright
Yes, it was tasty, but t’was corn dog pretend!

(And it's totally okay, Alison, I did enjoy it a lot, just wasn't what I thought it'd be.)

IMG_0097.jpg

Cheese-Stick-Corn-Dog-castle-inside1.jpg

Her feet now a Screamin’ like those on the track
She’d have to cut short her plan of attack
She found her way out
With a bit of pout
For she did not know of when she’d be back

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

There once was a girl who saw this
Whose planning was done quite amiss
The food was all there
Ready to pair
But the last eggs she dare not miss

IMG_0118.jpg

Out of the park she did trot (that’s a lie, she limped)
And to her new map she gave thought
To the shops she did go
Taking it slow
And not one single item was bought

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Steppe found all the eggs, she certainly did
That the Disney Bunny carefully hid
The games had been fun
As was her time in the sun
Time to put up her feet and get off the grid

Away from the noise, quiet shelter she sought
A nice glass of wine in the alcove she bought
She took off her shoes
Closed her eyes for a snooze
Then thought on this trip that she loved quite a lot!!!

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

This update is 1 shy of an even dozen eggs. Can you find them all...???

Last edited:
IMG_0073.jpg

(I have never once, ever seen this spelling of my name anywhere else!)
Well how about that??? Certainly must be a good omen!

Yes, it was tasty, but t’was corn dog pretend!
(And it's totally okay, Alison, I did enjoy it a lot, just wasn't what I thought it'd be.)
I have never tried one, but I was surprised to learn of this meat free corn dog. That certainly would have been a shock to me! I'm sure it is still good, but it would be a shock.

I've been trying to catch up on this (and other) TRs, so haven't been commenting much, but this post just hit my Borg (resistance is futile) button...

I'm going to simply let the lens do the talking. No, not really being a lazy Trip Report Writer, I just don't have a lot to add with my usual inane verbosity.

So, you're saying we can enjoy your wonderful pictures, but not listen to your drivel....urr...enjoy your wonderful banter? It really is the latter, just teasing.

I wasn't going commando (today), didn't lose my camera, didn't spill coffee down the front of me, or get flipped off just because.

Today??? I wasn't expecting that kind of comment/information in a TR. Good to know you kept track of that expensive gear finally, but given you were taking pictures, I would hope you'd have noticed if it was missing much sooner.

It was basically a quiet saunter down the middle of Main Street, USA with a thrice found Canon. Have camera will shoot. Please, sit back, take a swig of your beverage, close your eyes, and imagine that buttery scent of artery-clogging Disney popcorn (go ahead, I'll wait).

I thought it was sashay. Can't have sauntering if you're supposed to be sashaying. I call foul!

Was there no hot dog in the cheese dog? Was that the surprise? Didn't look like it lol. But still..fried dough with cheese doesn't sound half bad lol. Sorry about the sore feet..occupational hazard in theme parks I guess!!

Well how about that??? Certainly must be a good omen!

I know! So cool!

I have never tried one, but I was surprised to learn of this meat free corn dog. That certainly would have been a shock to me! I'm sure it is still good, but it would be a shock.

I honestly thought there'd be the cheese AND a hot dog in there. Which sounds freakishly amazing! This was still good, especially with a bit of mustard, but surprising. I'm glad I liked it, or I'd have felt like I'd wasted money.

I've been trying to catch up on this (and other) TRs, so haven't been commenting much, but this post just hit my Borg (resistance is futile) button...

That was an awesome reference! I miss Trek so much!

So, you're saying we can enjoy your wonderful pictures, but not listen to your drivel....urr...enjoy your wonderful banter? It really is the latter, just teasing.

Aw, who wants to read this drivel anyway? ;)

Teasing is perfectly welcome and acceptable. Expect some in return.

Today??? I wasn't expecting that kind of comment/information in a TR. Good to know you kept track of that expensive gear finally, but given you were taking pictures, I would hope you'd have noticed if it was missing much sooner.

LOL! This was a reference to an (unfortunate) event on my other thread. A bit of commando sort of... happened due to a little baggage issue.

I thought it was sashay. Can't have sauntering if you're supposed to be sashaying. I call foul!

No, someone else has the corner on the Sashay Market. (@pkondz ) This girl moseys or, in extreme cases, saunters.

Was there no hot dog in the cheese dog? Was that the surprise? Didn't look like it lol. But still..fried dough with cheese doesn't sound half bad lol. Sorry about the sore feet..occupational hazard in theme parks I guess!!

Trust me! It surprised me too! No hot dog in a corn dog? And you are right, it was pretty good, but not what I was expecting. At all.

That was an awesome reference! I miss Trek so much!
STTNG was my favorite and definitely miss Jean Luc, Riker, Data, etc. I'll confess, I had a crush on Deanna, but I'm sure I'm not the only red blooded male that did. If I had to guess, Riker was your favorite.

Aw, who wants to read this drivel anyway? ;)

Teasing is perfectly welcome and acceptable. Expect some in return.
It was definitely teasing...I'm enjoying your TR and pkondz's or alison's is next on the docket. Not drivel at all. I'm perfectly okay in the dishing out or receiving teasing departments, so not only expected, but enjoyed!

LOL! This was a reference to an (unfortunate) event on my other thread. A bit of commando sort of... happened due to a little baggage issue.
And you didn't go rain man and go to kmart?

No, someone else has the corner on the Sashay Market. (@pkondz ) This girl moseys or, in extreme cases, saunters.
The visual of pkondz sashaying is not necessarily one I need or want. He's a nice enough guy, but just no.

Trust me! It surprised me too! No hot dog in a corn dog? And you are right, it was pretty good, but not what I was expecting. At all.
I don't care for corn dogs...hot dogs yes, corn dogs no. I like cheese, but I was thinking/expecting a corn dog with cheese dipping sauce or something. Might have to try this, but leaning towards probably wouldn't like it.

IMG_0076.jpg

This update is 1 shy of an even dozen eggs. Can you find them all...???

I found 10. Not sure, but is that one on the right hand side of the balcony? Looks like it could be one of the dogs from lady & the tramp. If yes, that's 11.

The others in order of your photos...
Mater
Lightning McQueen
Chip & Dale (or Dale & Chip)
Goofy
Donald
Pluto?
Minnie
Daisy
Mickey

Last edited:
STTNG was my favorite and definitely miss Jean Luc, Riker, Data, etc. I'll confess, I had a crush on Deanna, but I'm sure I'm not the only red blooded male that did. If I had to guess, Riker was your favorite.

Okay, time for some honesty. Yes, I'm well aware of the Deanna factor/appeal. You, no doubt, had a shared... infatuation. And I'm sure Riker was thrown in for the the half of the equation. However, no, I was... ummm... rather smitten with Jean Luc myself. ;)

It was definitely teasing...I'm enjoying your TR and pkondz's or alison's is next on the docket. Not drivel at all. I'm perfectly okay in the dishing out or receiving teasing departments, so not only expected, but enjoyed!

Well, then you are most welcome here anytime. Most of us both dish and receive with equal charm. Until you mess up someone's top of the page update count. Then all bets are off. :lmao:

And you didn't go rain man and go to kmart?

Nope. A risk of an unintentional flash is by no means worth 1 second of lost Disney Bubble Time. I'm pretty sure I'd never see any of those folks again anyway.

The visual of pkondz sashaying is not necessarily one I need or want. He's a nice enough guy, but just no.

:rotfl2: I see some drama on this here thread in its imminent future! (@pkondz )

I don't care for corn dogs...hot dogs yes, corn dogs no. I like cheese, but I was thinking/expecting a corn dog with cheese dipping sauce or something. Might have to try this, but leaning towards probably wouldn't like it.

Normally, I don't either. But there is the rare, almost yearly occasion I have a hankerin'. I had the Little Red Wagon one earlier on this trip and wanted to compare it to the ones at The Castle.... and then massively screwed up my order. :lmao: I have to say, Casey's Little Nuggies of Heaven win hands down in this department. by a factor of about a billion. Then again. Fake cheese. Love me some fake cheese.

Awe, fun poetry, oh creative one!

Thanks, Tammie. I had fun writing this one. ;)

Well done on the verse!

Thank you, Jeff! Been a while since I've been silly with an update.

I really want to look for them all. I'll try tomorrow on my lunch break. Stupid work interferes with Dis time

Great to have you back regardless of how little you can be here lately. :) I can't be on the DIS at all during work, so relate well. Pretty much only have the weekends now to DIS, and even then, my Saturdays are now filled with planning my Health Courses for Sierra Leone.

I found 10. Not sure, but is that one on the right hand side of the balcony? Looks like it could be one of the dogs from lady & the tramp. If yes, that's 11.

Yes, it is! Good eye! That was the hardest one to find. :)

This really made me hungry. Also made me want to go to DL because this part sounds so different than anything at WDW, well other than POFQ I guess lol.

It is very unique to DL, and really nice to shop in too. Kinda a neat mix of the France Pavilion and POFQ. The Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans are to die for!

Love the trolley ride with the singers :)) Must have been so much fun and just a different experience.

It was! I was in 7th Heaven for sure.

Your trip to Sierra Leone sounds like such an incredible journey. I can't imagine. I'm sure it will be really difficult at times, but to be able to go and do something that makes a difference must be the best feeling in the world. It is too bad about the vaccines and it does seem pretty fishy and very upsetting that more can't be done about that.

I'm sure it will be. But very rewarding too. Maybe someday we can figure out the vaccines and get some over there. But this trip was just the wrong timing for it.

I'm sure you will be back to flying in no time as well. Life does sure sound busy though!

I hope so! I miss it, but have been too busy to give it much thought right now. Come January I'll get back on track. :)

Sounds like a lovely day just enjoying the park and it's ambiance. I need to come out there and do that with you. So many of the people I go with are on a mission and that doesn't include sitting and just looking at the world go by. Neat that you enjoyed so many musical groups as well as the scenery.

It was very relaxing in some ways; in others not so much. If I hadn't discovered the Egg Hunts, I'd have focused more on photography and less on the map quest. Regardless, I did slow down at several points and just sat. On the Trolley, at The Castle, etc... Found me a nice bench for watching the marching band too.

Thanks! Just did!

Yes, you did!!! Thank you so MUCH!!!!!

I loved your morning in Disneyland. So many great detail pictures. Someday I would like to tour a park alone, just for the day. I really enjoyed the clips too. Gaston had me laughing and the Dapper Dans were perfect.

Thanks, Vanessa. It was fun to run around and just gather as many photos as I could in all the different areas, and the Egg Hunt really facilitated that nicely. Solo gets you to a lot more places in a real hurry, but it's also nice to share what you're seeing with someone(s) special too. Gaston was SO funny! I think it was the best character interaction I've ever had. Then again, I don't ever have that many as I will never stand in line for more than about 3 minutes for one. Ever. But it was fun.

What?? You are? Holy crap! How did that happen!

When I started doing everything.

I did! I did!

I know, I know!!! And thank you! Thank you!!

Oh! This is new as well.

Looks like we won't afterall. Just a tour.

Insane. How is that even possible?

I just... .don't know. Sigh.... Perhaps someday I can learn more and learn how to get them over there.

You did!
Did you suffer from IBS after?

No. Had poncho; did travel.

Background music

Had to wait??? But you had to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!

I eventually did.... see Letter M update.

:laughing: I'm thinking Kay.

I think you were right. She was pretty happy about that.

Wait.... then that would put you back in the direction you were originally travelling.

Geez. Picky, picky, picky.

I don't know where you find the time!

I usually don't. Hence the 2 week turn around time for replies. I suck.

So "toasty warm 60" is cold, huh?

Yes. Especially when it's raining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter