ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

Awesome getting those care packages together! Hope you and yours are doing okay thru all of the smoke. Our air quality has been in the crapper for about a week now - finally got some rain today though!

Thanks! I think we ended up with about 50 or so, which will be enough for all the families with kids in one village. Plus, we have many of the hospital care kits that we'll donate to the Clinic in the Village that our partnering local physician runs.

Yes, but FINALLY some rain. Air is cleared out and the football games can go on again. West Salem's team drove to Eugene for a game last Friday and it got cancelled, then drove to Forest Grove the next day for the re-scheduled game, only to have it cancelled on Saturday. OY. The parents were pretty hacked off, but crap the air was bad!!!! Gonna rain clear to the end of the week now. I heard the Eagle Creek Fire closed up fire camp and sent everyone home. Huzzah! Fire Season over!!!

I know I'm late to the party (story of my life it seems), but 100% agreed.

Yes, I 100% agree. You're late to the party. Unless you're a wizard; according to Gandalf they are never so. ;) Regardless, this is just a humble little TR, so therefore you can't be late here either.

I use the science and math WAY more than the English or History classes. Don't get me wrong, now that I'm older, History interests me more than it did, but as a teenager, I was saying who really gives a BLEEP about X? I do also know those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, so as I said, I'm much more interested now.

I'd have to say I use them all pretty equally but in different spheres of my life. I like history okay, but I like it by reading historical fiction. And you're so very right about the abysmal situation we're in for the very fact we have forgotten.

All this talk about bacon...now I'm hungry.

Would it help if I told you I had a delicious BLT for lunch. Free at work? Our Surgi-Center celebrated its 30th birthday this week.

Ummm...if you've had suspect (baby powdered) baby bottoms, then you HAVE had white powder!

Hmmm, you have a very good point!

Well, you got the word correct (MY), but the ownership of that word incorrect. That would be MY (docsoliday1) garage, thank ya very much!

LOLOLOL!

Not at all surprised, that would be BENEATH a Dr.

I guess so. I wonder if he's ever looked at the prices of some of the 50's and early 60's 'Vettes.

<Astro> Ruh roh George!

Now there's a blast from the past.

Yep, who knows if you'll end up at Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, National or Alamo? Hopefully, one will work.

You!! Shush! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Hey! How is everyone doing? I finally caught up here. Fun little Easter Egg hunt! Did you say how many total there were to find?

Going well. Getting loads of hours at work, which is a good thing. We are into our "busy season" as everyone is trying to get stuff paid for by their insurance now that deductibles are met. After the New Year, things oughtta slow down significantly, so getting my hours in now is a good thing. I have to average 20 hours per week over the CALENDAR year to keep my benefits so, being busy now is good- especially since I'm taking 3 weeks off in November.

There were 3 hunts of 12 eggs each... so 36. Each park and DTD had a little map to help you find them all. Took me all day to do all 3.

Love the artistic pics with your elusive camera!

Thanks, Tammie. I had a lot of fun out and about that day!

wow! Your trip is coming along, and I hope you can get some vaccines. I can't believe they do not have them in this day and age with all the charity organizations. Although I will say they run out often and we wait for them to make more here, so there are not enough to go around. No one talks about it.

It really is! And it is very surprising and disappointing. So strange!

And then there are your wings! So excited for you, and I j know you will get some awesome pics!

Yes, just need to study up hard and take that written exam and then get into the air!! It's expensive but will sure be worth it!

So fun to get another DIS meet at Sam's!

It really was, and there may be another one next Spring too!

We have news. Mark and Lindz have added a seventh baby, a 3 month old, to their crazy household. She is yet another sibling to their two youngest. She is precious and how could we not love her? I did say we will have to have more help with caring for all of them, though.

WOW!! That's fantastic news! So happy for their growing family. Lots of love to go around for sure!

Nice to see Mustard here! Haven't seen you around FB much.

Indeed! Don't know him on FB, but would love to. ;)

have a good weekend and pray for our friends in Florida. Some of our DIS friends and some of our good friends from here coming and going on cruises are waiting out the storm.

I have been. Such a loss! Mike is going to the Keys in November ahead of my trip and I sure hope they have stuff cleaned up by then.

Wow! Your project has amazing progress! I am so happy for you. :dogdance:I know this mission will be a huge blessing to those you serve!

I hope so! I hope it brings some lasting knowledge that helps in the long run for them.

So glad this is all progressing. I'll check my medical box and see what I can send you. Unfortunately I donated many of the supplies I thought that I had in trying to move out of the old house, but I do have some stuff I can send you!

We're actually in the final phases of trip planning. Each weekend from here on out we'll be writing our Lesson Plans for the 5 sessions we'll teach, and then the packing. Which won't be much. Just carry-ons for us, and a suitcase of supplies for each of us. I've ordered some supplies for ourselves as well such as filtered water bottles, mosquito nets, etc... Need to pick up little gifts for the village chiefs as well. And figure out which formal dress to wear to the fund raising gala we'll be hosting over there.

Way to tame the monster!!!!

Slowly. It's a large beast to tame.

A nice day at DL. After reading and seeing all the new Halloween decorations at DCA, I really want to go back.

Glad that your project is progressing and it goes well.

Thanks, Bret! So, are you going to? I'm sure those decs are up now.

It's slowly coming together and that feels good!

It's great that you and your team are progressing the project and it is all finally coming together.Hopefully it will continue to run smoothly for you.

Thanks, Stuart! Still lots to do, but it IS coming together. I am actually going to start packing this weekend and the Lesson Planning is going forward little by little.

Happy to hear things are progressing so well. You're doing great things!

Thank you, Vanessa! It's been a blessing to watch it all unfold and come together. Many hands make light work, and there've been many helping, including YOU!!! THANK YOU!!

That is seriously incredible what you are doing and how much you have raised. So proud of you.

Thanks, Kathy! It's been a good load of work, but very worth it!! When I dance to the beat of the drums with my African Brothers and Sisters, there will be a huge smile on this face! Yes, you will get a TR. ;)

Awesome work! I thought my volunteer stuff was time consuming, you got me beat hands down in the best way possible! Good luck with the rest of the fundraising and planning. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes :goodvibes

Anyone who volunteers knows the extreme joy it can bring and it's been said many times, that the go-ers are always far more blessed than the recipients. I'm pumped for this trip and all. We're down to the last $800 needed. Huzzah!!!

Doing the egg-stravaganza at DCA this year was quite fun and you were able to find them with no problem.

I see you got the cheddar cheese stick at Corn Dog Castle. I always like to get the hot link corn dog when I get a corn dog at DCA. I can never get tired of the corn dog at the Little Red Wagon.

Thanks, Bret! So, are you going to? I'm sure those decs are up now.

It's slowly coming together and that feels good!

Unfortunately I am not since I have some work to do. It is tough of not to be able to see the new decorations at DCA this year but work comes first. Hopefully in the near future.

Okay, time for some honesty. Yes, I'm well aware of the Deanna factor/appeal. You, no doubt, had a shared... infatuation. And I'm sure Riker was thrown in for the the half of the equation. However, no, I was... ummm... rather smitten with Jean Luc myself. ;)
Funny, I was going to say or you have a thing for older bald guys and like Jean Luc. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong...I need to shave my head. I have the old part down. :rotfl2:

You're not alone...I know many ladies liked Jean Luc.
Same as many guys liked Dr Crusher

Yes, I 100% agree. You're late to the party. Unless you're a wizard; according to Gandalf they are never so. ;) Regardless, this is just a humble little TR, so therefore you can't be late here either.
When I let my beard grow and smoke a pipe, I can look like a wizard. Does that count?

Would it help if I told you I had a delicious BLT for lunch. Free at work? Our Surgi-Center celebrated its 30th birthday this week.
One question, then I'll answer yours...
Did I get any of the bacon?
Your answer equals mine.

Besides, I prefer a good MLT (especially when the mutton is really lean...mmm...mmm...mmm...tasty). Do you know that quote or will you have to web search it?

Hmmm, you have a very good point!
No need to make references to the top of my head.

I guess so. I wonder if he's ever looked at the prices of some of the 50's and early 60's 'Vettes.
Obviously not.

You!! Shush! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
At least you didn't say Ewe shush. That would be Ba-aa-aa-ad.

When I opened the finalized document, the total for all of the donated and purchased medical supplies, including surgical supplies, medications, antibiotics, etc..., it came to over $130,000! It is now on its way to our Headquarters where it will be put on a cargo container to be shipped straight to Freetown!!

Wow! That's incredible!

There once was a gal on a mission
Who was facing a tough decision
Her belly was gnawing
A new park was drawing
So off she went with renewed ambition

Whoa. Limerick format. We are really upping the degree of difficulty here. Major props. :worship:

(I have never once, ever seen this spelling of my name anywhere else!)

Look at that! You have a CM spirit buddy!

And Radiator Springs
And all of its things
Left her feet feeling quite crummy! (yes, this is foreshadowing)

But...that's not supposed to happen on vacation!

(this particular endeavor has been put on hold until January, after Africa and the Holidays)

You mean you can't do all of the things all the time? You really are human?

And then she decided, by word from a friend (@franandaj )
The cheesy corn dog she chose in the end.
She bit off one bite
And then had a fright
Yes, it was tasty, but t’was corn dog pretend!

I can't believe you fell for the ol' Fake Corn Dog trick. :sad2:

This update is 1 shy of an even dozen eggs. Can you find them all...???

I think I found all 11! Had to scroll through a couple of times, though.

Her camera in hand firmly gripped (shocking, I know!)

I'm shocked and proud.

So cool! Vanessa isn't as rare but not very common either. I like finding other Vanessas.

She bit off one bite
And then had a fright

I use to get this at the Corn Dog stand in the Mall when I was much younger. Love them! Cheese Dog

Away from the noise, quiet shelter she sought
A nice glass of wine in the alcove she bought
She took off her shoes
Closed her eyes for a snooze
Then thought on this trip that she loved quite a lot!!!

Perfect way to end your day.

THANK YOU!!

You're very welcome!

I enjoyed all your pictures again. So nice to see so much of these parks.

There once was a gal on a mission

Get out of her way! Coming through!

Her belly was gnawing

Your tummy has teeth?!?!?!?
I shall think twice before giving you a hug!

Across the wide courtyard she slipped

Slips and falls make up 84% of all accidents at Disney.

I just made that up. But if feels right.

Her camera in hand firmly gripped (shocking, I know!)

No, not really.
Considering how often you misplaced it, it'd be a wonder if you didn't have a death grip on it.

With pants on her legs firmly zipped (room to eat, yay!)

:laughing:

Okay. Be honest. Did you flip out?

And Disney sure thought Steppe was made of pure money

Well, they're usually thinking that if...

But map in her hand ($5.99 each)

... you'll shell out money for that.

And leave behind us all hurries and worries (except to eat, for that I was in a hurry!)

Some things just won't wait, ya know.

Atta, Manny, and Hopper

Hopper I remember.
Surely you had to Google the others?

IMG_0096.jpg

Do NOT use this. Ever.

And then she decided, by word from a friend (@franandaj )

I remember wondering about that too. So I specifically asked her. And that's why I'll never get one.

She bit off one bite
And then had a fright

Yep. And... Nope. I want a hot dog in that there corn dog.

She found her way out
With a bit of pout
For she did not know of when she’d be back

:hug:

Out of the park she did trot (that’s a lie, she limped)

Awwww... your poor feet.
Glad to see (at the end of the post)
that you got to sit for a bit and enjoy a glass of wine.

Steppe found all the eggs, she certainly did

Way to go! Don't know if I'd have the patience. Or the desire.

Away from the noise, quiet shelter she sought
A nice glass of wine in the alcove she bought
She took off her shoes
Closed her eyes for a snooze
Then thought on this trip that she loved quite a lot!!!

See? Perfect!

This update is 1 shy of an even dozen eggs. Can you find them all...???

I did!
Although, until I really looked, I thought

The visual of pkondz sashaying is not necessarily one I need or want. He's a nice enough guy, but just no.

It takes someone with a certain amount of panache and savoir-faire to pull off an adequate sashay. It is not for the meek.

Most of us both dish and receive with equal charm. Until you mess up someone's top of the page update count. Then all bets are off. :lmao:

:lmao:

:rotfl2: I see some drama on this here thread in its imminent future! (@pkondz )

Nah. He knows now.

Looks like we won't afterall. Just a tour.

Oh? Changed again?

I just... .don't know. Sigh.... Perhaps someday I can learn more and learn how to get them over there.

Good luck. Seriously.

No. Had poncho; did travel.

You did! I didn't know that!

I usually don't. Hence the 2 week turn around time for replies. I suck.

No. You don't. You are busy doing things that, quite frankly, are very impressive and honourable. You certainly have nothing to be sorry for.
Take all the time you need.

97.8% of all statistics are made up.
Or maybe it's 95.3%. 96.5%?

I'm not a big corn batter (except hush puppies) fan, so never been big on corn dogs. I like corn well enough, but when it's made into a meal/flour/batter, not so much. I'm not sure why someone would want to ruin perfectly good cheese in that manner.

It takes someone with a certain amount of panache and savoir-faire to pull off an adequate sashay. It is not for the meek.
Why does one need a chocolate and cream filling to sashay?
And I'm not quite sure why a tasty circus would be needed either.

Nah. He knows now.
Do I?

No. You don't. You are busy doing things that, quite frankly, are very impressive and honourable. You certainly have nothing to be sorry for.
Although I love the banter, 1000% agree...you are one busy lady. We're enjoying this, but we'll wait. You definitely DO NOT suck...you are quite amazing actually!

97.8% of all statistics are made up.
Or maybe it's 95.3%. 96.5%?

93.85% actually.

Truuuuust me.

I'm not a big corn batter (except hush puppies) fan, so never been big on corn dogs. I like corn well enough, but when it's made into a meal/flour/batter, not so much. I'm not sure why someone would want to ruin perfectly good cheese in that manner.

For me, it really depends. I've had some corndogs that are amazingly good... and some that are shockingly bad.

Why does one need a chocolate and cream filling to sashay?

Because chocolate makes everything better. Didn't your momma never tell you that? And cream is just... well... the cream on top.

And I'm not quite sure why a tasty circus would be needed either.

Because circuses are always fun, and who wouldn't want to improve on a circus by making it taste good?

Of course! You just wrote about all of it's creamy, chocolaty, circus-like wonderment.

Why am I hungry?

Fun update!

Sorry you misunderstood about the cheese dog. I like the combination (splitting a hot dog and cheese one with Fran) of both. The cheese is good, but I need the hot dog to balance it out. In fact we did that same thing a week ago Friday.

I'm sorry your feet hurt. I can totally relate to that. I was rushing to get somewhere yesterday and the whole shin splints thing reared it's ugly head.

You did a great job of getting all the eggs, but since I'm resorting to reading and replying to posts on my phone, I can hardly even tell which eggs you've found, much less which one is missing. Honestly, I can tell they are eggs, but I can't make out much detail.

I had great fun last week, but I need to get caught up here and IRL.

My Dear Readers! Please forgive my long absence. As my trip(s) get(s) closer, I'm trying to take care of a LOT of last minute details- some big, some small. I've packed, believe it or not, and the last big hurdles now are getting our Training Manuals printed and purchasing all the supplies for the Lessons. The last couple of weeks will no doubt have its share of miscellaneous errands and stuff. I'm not sure if this crowd on this TR know, but I am actually headed to WDW for a week of fun immediately prior to the Africa thing. That trip was already planned when the Sierra Leone thing fell into my lap. Anyway... there is one more chapter to go in this here TR and then I may use this as a platform for my mini-TR/Bonus Report on the Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet that @Malia78 and I went to in the Seattle area in August. We had an absolute blast and I have some crazy awesome stuff to share for you super diehard Disney fans. I hope to start that- or even finish it- before I leave. Now... without further ado, onto replies.

Doing the egg-stravaganza at DCA this year was quite fun and you were able to find them with no problem.

Hey Bret!

It was a fun little adventure and got me to tour all 3 areas of DLR in speedwalk fashion. The maps helped a LOT!

I see you got the cheddar cheese stick at Corn Dog Castle. I always like to get the hot link corn dog when I get a corn dog at DCA. I can never get tired of the corn dog at the Little Red Wagon.

I almost ordered the hot link! But with with the cheese one. And yes, the Little Red Wagon one was perfectly amazing! Yummy! (Not as good as Casey's nuggets, but still very tasty!)

Unfortunately I am not since I have some work to do. It is tough of not to be able to see the new decorations at DCA this year but work comes first. Hopefully in the near future.

Yes, it certainly does. After my 3 week vacay, I probably can't take a ton more time off again for quite a while. I hope you can get to go soon, though!

Funny, I was going to say or you have a thing for older bald guys and like Jean Luc. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong...I need to shave my head. I have the old part down. :rotfl2:

LOL! As a matter of fact... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:Well, then, I hate to say this, but it's only gonna get worse. Every day I wake up a little older. My back never lets me forget it.

You're not alone...I know many ladies liked Jean Luc.
Same as many guys liked Dr Crusher

They both had an air of sophistication and class.

When I let my beard grow and smoke a pipe, I can look like a wizard. Does that count?

100% absolutely does!

One question, then I'll answer yours...
Did I get any of the bacon?
Your answer equals mine.

Besides, I prefer a good MLT (especially when the mutton is really lean...mmm...mmm...mmm...tasty). Do you know that quote or will you have to web search it?

Yes, you did!

Princess Bride....

Niiiiice and lean. (Quoted nearly daily at our house.)

No need to make references to the top of my head.

Remember the Coneheads from SNL? So. Funny!

At least you didn't say Ewe shush. That would be Ba-aa-aa-ad.

Wow! That's incredible!

I honestly had NO idea at ALL what it would add up to nor that they'd provide a total value to me. I was totally, completely blown away.

Whoa. Limerick format. We are really upping the degree of difficulty here. Major props. :worship:

Wanted to go out with a bang. ;)

Look at that! You have a CM spirit buddy!

I need to find her again!

But...that's not supposed to happen on vacation!

Sigh.... I did eventually put some moleskin on but it was way too late.

You mean you can't do all of the things all the time? You really are human?

Yes, I slobber on my pillow every night, just like everyone else.

I can't believe you fell for the ol' Fake Corn Dog trick. :sad2:

Oy! Next time, she goes in wiser for the wear! Fool me once...

I think I found all 11! Had to scroll through a couple of times, though.

I found all 12, but didn't take photos of them all. Good job! Yes, you saw the ones I got pix of.

I'm shocked and proud.

I was rather shocked myself. :teeth:

I use to get this at the Corn Dog stand in the Mall when I was much younger. Love them! Cheese Dog

I had no idea these even existed!

Perfect way to end your day.

::yes:: It was very relaxing and nice!

You're very welcome!

I enjoyed all your pictures again. So nice to see so much of these parks.

I really made tracks that day! Both parks and DTD was a LOT of territory to cover!

Get out of her way! Coming through!

:car:

Your tummy has teeth?!?!?!?
I shall think twice before giving you a hug!

Nanu, nanu

It's the kids who INSIST on doing twirlies on the queue rails even after mom, dad, AND the CMs tell them not to. :sad2:

Or on the Boardwalk when the boards aren't flush. Ask @franandaj .

No, not really.
Considering how often you misplaced it, it'd be a wonder if you didn't have a death grip on it.

It might take a while, but I CAN learn.

Okay. Be honest. Did you flip out?

Only a little. It was just a really nice little extra fun thing to make the day more special.

Well, they're usually thinking that if...

... you'll shell out money for that.

HEY! I needed those maps to find my eggs! And since I only bought a couple of pins, and my meals and my hotel room, I could afford $20 on maps.

Hopper I remember.
Surely you had to Google the others?

Yep. Been years since I've seen that movie.

Do NOT use this. Ever.

10-4!

I remember wondering about that too. So I specifically asked her. And that's why I'll never get one.

Should have specifically asked her about that too. :rolleyes1

The perfect combo would be a dog AND some cheese in it.

Awwww... your poor feet.
Glad to see (at the end of the post)
that you got to sit for a bit and enjoy a glass of wine.

It was lovely! That whole area (lobby and lounge area in GC) is sooooo nice.

Way to go! Don't know if I'd have the patience. Or the desire.

I like to see and do stuff off the beaten paths so to speak. Helps me to see things most just pass on by.

You KNOW it! You should show me how to do this someday so I can break out of my mosey and saunter modes.

Oh? Changed again?

AS with every overseas trip I've EVER been on, things change daily. If one's not flexible, this sort of thing might not be their cup of tea.

Actually, the major things are now beginning to wrap up and be finalized. The lessons are developed and will be one way or another this week, and Bekah and I will be packing the remaining supplies this weekend. After this, just misc. loose ends to tie up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter