The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

I like birds, I like bees.
Hey, this is a family board. 408274
(Does it feel like you put a flame thrower to your face? Good you're almost there.),
Sounds about right. I've never been to Florida in May. Only April, October and August. But I suspect May has to be close to August in temperature, which is near the human body's boiling point.
One stroll focused on topiaries, another on the food offerings, and yet another on the gardens and flowers. I LOVE this festival and never get tired of the colorful beauty of it all.
I've been in WDW during F&G. Twice I think. 2008 and 2013. I really didn't take the time to stop and smell the roses (pun intended). I would like to get back sometime. I don't think they did much with the food booths back then either, at least I don't remember getting anything.
I didn’t get to spend NEARLY enough time in the Butterfly House
I spent no time in the butterfly house. As I recall, it went something like "Ok dear, you take the girls into the butterfly house while I go put our extra backpack in a storage locker" I come back and they are outside in tears. Youngest DD was terrified of the butterflies. She was 5. Sic year slater, she hasn't improved much on her aversion to bugs. She's definitely an indoors girl. 408275
I could stare at these views for a very long time. Disney’s Monorail Schedule is directly correlative with how hot it is standing in the sun to get a shot of one.
Definitely. I do believe I have done the same and nearly cooked myself. It is a fantastic picture though.
I remember seeing these funky, towered "bird houses" last Fall and wondered what in the heck they were… now I know.
I noticed that picture on your FB. I had no idea what they were. I thought they were some kind of funky speakers.
(and I did read recently that this May was the hottest May on record in 100 years!!!! See, it wasn’t just me!)
So strange because here in the northeast it was a much cooler May than normal. (on the upside it's been a great year for icebergs if you like snapping those kind of pictures. they look nice until the wind shifts around off the ocean. brrr.)

Ok, finally caught up! Some people I can quickly read on my phone. Your TR updates need to be sipped slowly like a fine wine (though I don't actually like wine, so imagine that is something equivalent).

Forgot to quote, so:
-I'm glad your mom was ok in the end. That certainly was a scary sight!
-That was such a cool artist signature on your print! Definitely made it a special moment! I have the Kincaid Disney Calendars and love looking at all the details!
-I saw one of the Purple Martin nests being pulled down for checking by a CM. It was cool! I think last year they had an AK tour that included checking the nests for eggs!

C is for: ChunkyDump!!

Sometimes it’s best to keep one’s mouth shut. Other times, you just can’t help yourself and your thoughts come vomiting out; sometimes even in print. And once in a while, that can lead to some pretty hilarious did-you-really-say-that?! moments. One such moment happened on this trip making it even more EPIC. Cuz EPIC… it’s what we do.

As most of you know now, by probably reading one of the 10 or so TR’s from this big Ladies’ EPIC Trip, we were treated to a really wonderful and generous gift of a VIP Tour. I’ve already covered a very small portion of it- the Safari at AK, but AK was our 3rd park that day. I’m going to back up a bit to Park #2. Sorry, remember, I report by story, and those don’t necessarily get told in order. You’ll get all those stories, but it’ll be like a Slinky Dog Dash… twists and turns, ups and downs, and we’ll be all over the place. Make sure your safety harnesses are secured.

After leaving EPCOT, our first park of the tour, we headed to DHS by way of backstage roads in a private van. As we got out, a crew of CMs offered us small snacks of bagged chips, cookies, etc... and bottles of water. I think everyone was super grateful as, even though it had been raining a bit, it was still blazing hot. And it was about to get hotter. Because speaking of Slinky Dog Dash, we were headed there, and we all know that the hottest place on the planet is that queue. Luckily, the hottest queue on Earth went by quickly because John, one of our tour guides, was pointing out cool little factoids and hidden gems like this:

11/22/1995 happens to be the release date of Toy Story 1. Sure, they could have put any numbers up there, but doesn't that make it that much cooler?!

Just as an aside: Did you know that "This was the first animated film in Oscar history to be nominated for a Best Screenplay Academy Award - Adapted or Original."-https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114709/trivia (Go ahead, read 'em. I'll bet you learn WAY more about TS than you ever imagined possible like I did!)

The imminent spontaneous combustion was cut short just in time for our amazing tour guides to get us through the FP line and onto our wiener dog trains. Kari and I have NO idea what happened to our ride photo, but we did giggle and scream like 2 little girls all the way around Andy’s backyard past the Jacks, down the “stairs”, and right on past Wheezy’s Serenade. @Malia78 Kari? It was great riding with you, cuz… yeah, you’ve got a friend in me! :hug:

(I never noticed that the landscaping makes it look just like a lawn from up there!)

(Molly's (@Mollydolly334 ) cute as a button even from the back! And I spy @Lesley Wake's awesome red too!)

At this point, the group had to choose another attraction, but in the end decided to ride the wiener dogs again. Same song, 2nd verse. Same girly shrieking. Same loss of ride photos.

In order to document the progression of our tour and our new friendships, we made it a point to get a group photo at each of the parks.

I’m short.

Always have been, and unless some freak of nature happens, I will be for as long as God gives me breath. As such, I can’t use my top cupboards, suck at basketball (you just thought for a brief second I actually tried to play that once, didn’t you? :lmao:) and can hem pants like a boss. It also means I am relegated to the front row of every group picture ever. The struggle is real, People! But, Randy Newman can kiss my hiney, cuz this short girl is a trend setter! Like the one that’ll live on in DISBoards/EPIC Trip infamy forever. I took my requisite spot in the front, so I didn’t get Wazowski’d and struck a perfect take-a-dump pose. See for yourself:

The One! The Only…

(@disneyAndi14 , I'm not exactly sure why I was the only target of this claim to fame... ? ;) and @buzzrelly just exactly what are you doing back there....? )

The Slinky Dog ChunkyDump!!!

Later, when Su-Lynn posted it in the EPIC FB group, I realized how much of an imbicile I looked like in front of what she had affectionately dubbed The ChunkyDogDash. Here’s the comment that started a Legend:

And there you have it. I’ll forever be known as ChunkyDump. There will be times Queen Steppe will have to move over to make room. Daily, in fact, if all’s right in the world :rolleyes: ; and certainly for every EPIC Girl’s Trip Photo ever. But hey, what’s good catches on like wildfire (no, really it was super hot that day) and soon enough it was all the rage and even when I wasn’t there to lead the hit parade, they were all doing the ChunkyDump. The photo at MK proves it:

(@fallonkendra , @chunkymonkey , @missjackiemcg and Sarah , you can do the ChunkyDump with me any day! The rest of you have work to doo!!! )
I was like a proud parent whose kid just rode their bike for the first time. So, if you’re ever in the park, and happen to wanna be a really cool cat, pose a quickie ChunkyDump, post it, and tag me. Trust me, it’ll be very cathartic.

And that, Folks would be....

11/22/1995 happens to be the release date of Toy Story 1. Sure, they could have put any numbers up there, but doesn't that make it that much cooler?!

Love all the factoids he shared with us about the queue! I would have never noticed that price sticker!

Kari and I have NO idea what happened to our ride photo,

I have one for you! And you're just so happy!
47992145241_f8e56e203b_c.jpg

I’ll forever be known as ChunkyDump.

It's perfect, really! Cause what good nurse doesn't love a good dump?! :rotfl2:

John, one of our tour guides, was pointing out cool little factoids and hidden gems like this:

He was so awesome!

(I never noticed that the landscaping makes it look just like a lawn from up there!)

Those are great pictures :lovestruc

The One! The Only…

(@disneyAndi14 , I'm not exactly sure why I was the only target of this claim to fame... ? ;) and @buzzrelly just exactly what are you doing back there....? )

Ha! Nobody does the Slinky Dog Dump like you Liesa! :rotfl2:

Here’s the comment that started a Legend:

Hysterical! :rotfl:

Okay that’s it!! I am going to do the Liesa “Chunky Dump” all over WDW in August and tag you! :rotfl2:

I’m glad I had a shorty like myself to share the front row in all our pictures!!

Cuz EPIC… it’s what we do.
::yes::
You guys certainly did!
As most of you know now, by probably reading one of the 10 or so TR’s from this big Ladies’ EPIC Trip, we were treated to a really wonderful and generous gift of a VIP Tour.
::yes::
(again)
Make sure your safety harnesses are secured.
NO! I don't wanna! I wanna stand up and wave my arms! Wooooooo...... agggghhhhhh!!!!!
CMs offered us small snacks of bagged chips, cookies, etc... and bottles of water.
Water. Meh.
But cookies??? Hello!
we all know that the hottest place on the planet is that queue
No kidding. Although I did see they at least put up some umbrellas to try and kill you a bit slower.
Okay... that's cool. I did notice the price tag and just... ignored it.
Did you know that "This was the first animated film in Oscar history to be nominated for a Best Screenplay Academy Award - Adapted or Original."
I did know that, though. :)
onto our wiener dog trains
:laughing:
I guess that's what they are, but... it just sounds funny.
we did giggle and scream like 2 little girls
:goodvibes
Neither did I!
I’m short.
You need to control your temper more.
Always have been, and unless some freak of nature happens, I will be for as long as God gives me breath.
I think you'd be just a tad startled if you woke up one day and were 6'2''
suck at basketball (you just thought for a brief second I actually tried to play that once, didn’t you? :lmao:)
Yes. Yes I did. :)
and can hem pants like a boss.
:lmao:
Yay! There it is from the originator, herself!
But hey, what’s good catches on like wildfire (no, really it was super hot that day)
:laughing:
they were all doing the ChunkyDump. The photo at MK proves it:
It's going viral!!!

I give you... the Spice Girls:
spice.jpg

YAY C is for CHUNKYDUMP!!! I KNEW IT!! :rotfl:
💩💩💩

We totally need a song/rap for the Chunkydump. On our next Epic Girls trip we are gonna have to do a music video.
You remember that song...the The Humpty Dance? Instead of saying "Do the Humpty Hump, c'mon do the Humpty Hump" we need to say "Do the Chunky Dump, c'mon do the Chunky Dump!" It will be the MOST AMAZING MUSIC VIDEO EVER. 😎

A little old business first:

Which is....?

The Captain_Oblivious Law of Art posits: if it looks like something I could do, it's not art.

Knowing you, we should all bring some bbq sauce.

Mmmm...bbq...

Other times, you just can’t help yourself and your thoughts come vomiting out; sometimes even in print.

I do that all the time! I call it a Trip Report.

Because speaking of Slinky Dog Dash, we were headed there, and we all know that the hottest place on the planet is that queue.

::yes:: Truth.

11/22/1995 happens to be the release date of Toy Story 1.

Hey, that's cool! I probably never would have noticed that.

I’m short.

Hi Short! I'm Mark.

I took my requisite spot in the front, so I didn’t get Wazowski’d and struck a perfect take-a-dump pose.

Nice work! I hear that's better than the Constipated-in-the-Dugout pose.

Although if you're the short one, how come you have to bend down?:confused3

And there you have it. I’ll forever be known as ChunkyDump.

Which is much better than Shorty.

But hey, what’s good catches on like wildfire (no, really it was super hot that day) and soon enough it was all the rage and even when I wasn’t there to lead the hit parade, they were all doing the ChunkyDump.

And suddenly, Disney World became the next San Francisco.

I did notice you were gone and wondered what had happened! The changes are always hard to learn and get comfortable with again, but glad you're here again and posting.

I always seem to need to take a break after writing a TR. PDD? Can never stay away too long though!

I sure wish you could have gone!! Maybe next time one comes together... :)

Maybe! Would be fun to meet many of you from the boards!

Speaking of Disney trips, Mom and I just got back from a very last minute spontaneous trip to WDW. By last minute I mean we booked it 1 1/2 days before departure. Never thought I would ever do such a thing, I am a PLANNER! :laughing:

I LOVE this festival and never get tired of the colorful beauty of it all.

Flower and Garden is Epcot at its best!

Love the butterfly topiaries. So pretty!

Love love love!

I wish they kept the flowers around. Seems a shame to rip them all up as soon as the festival is over.

And there you have it. I’ll forever be known as ChunkyDump. There will be times Queen Steppe will have to move over to make room. Daily, in fact, if all’s right in the world :rolleyes: ; and certainly for every EPIC Girl’s Trip Photo ever. But hey, what’s good catches on like wildfire (no, really it was super hot that day) and soon enough it was all the rage and even when I wasn’t there to lead the hit parade, they were all doing the ChunkyDump. The photo at MK proves it:

Hilarious!

This is only the first of 3, or possibly 4, chapters from this year’s Flower and Garden Festival.
I love reading about and seeing pictures from the festivals... I'd love to be able to get to one of them sometime.
Sorry, remember, I report by story, and those don’t necessarily get told in order. You’ll get all those stories, but it’ll be like a Slinky Dog Dash… twists and turns, ups and downs, and we’ll be all over the place. Make sure your safety harnesses are secured.
That works for me. I usually can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago so having it in order doesn't matter.
And it was about to get hotter. Because speaking of Slinky Dog Dash, we were headed there, and we all know that the hottest place on the planet is that queue.
Really? Hotter than Pandora? That's scary...
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
What a pose!
Hi Short! I'm Mark.
Dad joke for the win!

Wow-it totally does!
At this point, the group had to choose another attraction, but in the end decided to ride the wiener dogs again. Same song, 2nd verse. Same girly shrieking. Same loss of ride photos.
(I was going to post but Kara beat me to it!)

enjoy EPCOT’s F&G through my lens.

I really enjoyed your flower and garden photos! I definitely did not spend enough time at Epcot on this last trip.

As we got out, a crew of CMs offered us small snacks of bagged chips, cookies, etc... and bottles of water.

This was such a nice thing for them to do.

Kari and I have NO idea what happened to our ride photo

A lot of us didn't get our ride photos for this ride. The theme for me was getting other random people's ride photos in my account.

It also means I am relegated to the front row of every group picture ever.

And I have the opposite problem, I'm always shuffled to the back because I'm so tall. I sent my Mom the pictures from Epcot and HS and she told me I needed to get to the front so she could actually see me. She told me to get up there with that lady in the Tie-Dyed shirt. :rotfl: So if you look at the AK and MK pictures, I managed to get on the end so I was visible. She was very happy with those pictures.

:rotfl2:This was one of the best quotes from the trip!

I never noticed the lawn landscaping until your picture! Definitely looks like Andy needs to get a steppin on learning how to mow the lawn to help him Mom out! lol

Love the Chunky Dump pose. Everyone needs a signature pose!

But not a real flower. That's what I was at (unsuccessfully, obviously. :sad2:)

Oh, I thought you were talking about the butterfly pupae. :) THAT was at eye level... (just was going off where your comment was, so thought that's what you meant.

I've never rope-dropped for a monorail photo! :laughing:

Me neither, this was just earlier than cook-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk o'clock.

Wanna share a park bench in the shade and watch the kids run around?

Sure! (Ifi you can find a bench!)

Hey, this is a family board.

Oopsies.

#sorrynotsorry

Sounds about right. I've never been to Florida in May. Only April, October and August. But I suspect May has to be close to August in temperature, which is near the human body's boiling point.

I've done May once (maybe twice) before, but the last time I remember was in 1999 ? Hmm... Maybe again in 2007? I DO remember vague things about the F&G from one of those trips and fell in love with the topiaries in particular. I also remember the weather not bad at all. At least FAR more tolerable than THIS May. OY! I'm glad my next trip is mid-Sept and I'm hoping it's less unbearable than the times I've been in the summer.... never ever again.

I've been in WDW during F&G. Twice I think. 2008 and 2013. I really didn't take the time to stop and smell the roses (pun intended). I would like to get back sometime. I don't think they did much with the food booths back then either, at least I don't remember getting anything.

Yes, I think the food booths are a newer addition than the years you went. Or me for that matter. I like it!! Makes for a lot to see, do and taste!

I spent no time in the butterfly house. As I recall, it went something like "Ok dear, you take the girls into the butterfly house while I go put our extra backpack in a storage locker" I come back and they are outside in tears. Youngest DD was terrified of the butterflies. She was 5. Sic year slater, she hasn't improved much on her aversion to bugs. She's definitely an indoors girl.

OH dear! but terrified of them? They are pretty harmless, but I guess she equates them to "bugs". I have an irrational fear of heights at times (it's much better than 20 years ago, but still... I get it.

Definitely. I do believe I have done the same and nearly cooked myself. It is a fantastic picture though.

Thanks, Jeff!

I noticed that picture on your FB. I had no idea what they were. I thought they were some kind of funky speakers.

Me too! Such an odd design!

So strange because here in the northeast it was a much cooler May than normal. (on the upside it's been a great year for icebergs if you like snapping those kind of pictures. they look nice until the wind shifts around off the ocean. brrr.)

Very interesting! Here in Oregon, we are cooking! We've smashed record high temps the last few days and will be our hottest June ever.

Seeing the Canadian Maritimes is pretty high on my bucket list, actually, and I would love to see bergs. And I'll make sure to pack a good jacket when I do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter