The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Ok, finally caught up! Some people I can quickly read on my phone. Your TR updates need to be sipped slowly like a fine wine (though I don't actually like wine, so imagine that is something equivalent).

Aw, that was a very sweet complement. :) I try hard to make them fun, interesting and pleasant to read.

Forgot to quote, so:
-I'm glad your mom was ok in the end. That certainly was a scary sight!

Us too; it could have been so much worse! As I looked up and saw those from the group standing there waiting for news, I saw a lot of concern and love going on. That meant a lot!

-That was such a cool artist signature on your print! Definitely made it a special moment! I have the Kincaid Disney Calendars and love looking at all the details!

Isn't it?! I love magical Disney moments like that; keeps us going back, doesn't it?

-I saw one of the Purple Martin nests being pulled down for checking by a CM. It was cool! I think last year they had an AK tour that included checking the nests for eggs!

Oh! That's cool! What a fun tour opportunity!

Love all the factoids he shared with us about the queue! I would have never noticed that price sticker!

It was great! He knew SO much at every park and I was totally fascinated trying to soak it all in!

I have one for you! And you're just so happy!
47992145241_f8e56e203b_c.jpg

YAY!!! That is so awesome! Thank you!! I look happy, but @Lesley Wake 's face CRACKS ME UP (in a great way!) !! Lesley? I wonder what you are thinking about..?

It's perfect, really! Cause what good nurse doesn't love a good dump?! :rotfl2:

Correct!!! Thankfully, I deal with that very infrequently... on the other hand, my Apple watch got a load of vomit on it the other day. :rolleyes2 But yes, a nurse always loves to see things moving along...

Okay that’s it!! I am going to do the Liesa “Chunky Dump” all over WDW in August and tag you! :rotfl2:

Waaaaaaaaaaaahooooooty!! I need a partner in ChunkyDumping!

I’m glad I had a shorty like myself to share the front row in all our pictures!!

Me too!! :hug:

I don't think I've seen the group MK shot. It's really cute!!!

In some ways I'd wish I'd gone with the group, but as you'll see in a later update.. I"m more glad that I didn't!!

NO! I don't wanna! I wanna stand up and wave my arms! Wooooooo...... agggghhhhhh!!!!!

So, are you more upset about your sunglasses that just broke or your neck?

Water. Meh.
But cookies??? Hello!

I don't think I took anything at all. It was just too hot for me to have much of an appetite.

No kidding. Although I did see they at least put up some umbrellas to try and kill you a bit slower.

YAY, umbrellas to trap the heat in and around you. :beach:

Okay... that's cool. I did notice the price tag and just... ignored it.

Me too on the other times I'd ridden it.

I did know that, though.

You did? :eek:

:laughing:
I guess that's what they are, but... it just sounds funny.

:teeth:

You need to control your temper more.

I do try. ;)

I think you'd be just a tad startled if you woke up one day and were 6'2''

That would be disconcerting at best!! I do kinda like fitting everything in my bathtub all at the same time.

Yay! There it is from the originator, herself!

It's going viral!!!

I give you... the Spice Girls:
spice.jpg

Yes, I can see that! So, kinda like this:

However, we're bordering on this all turning into:

1560375716709.png

Attachments

• 1560375459491.png
    1560375459491.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 4
io
YAY C is for CHUNKYDUMP!!! I KNEW IT!! :rotfl:
💩💩💩

We totally need a song/rap for the Chunkydump. On our next Epic Girls trip we are gonna have to do a music video.
You remember that song...the The Humpty Dance? Instead of saying "Do the Humpty Hump, c'mon do the Humpty Hump" we need to say "Do the Chunky Dump, c'mon do the Chunky Dump!" It will be the MOST AMAZING MUSIC VIDEO EVER. 😎
LOLOL!! YES!! I'd so totally do this! EPIC Flash Mob in the Hub!

The Captain_Oblivious Law of Art posits: if it looks like something I could do, it's not art.

Agreed.
Case in point:

I mean... is that a joke?

Mmmm...bbq...

So... one time I went to the dermatologist for a little freckle on my ear years ago. She thought it needed to come off, so she got out her cauterizer thingy and burned it off. While she was still in the room finishing up, I pipe up, "That smells kinda like the bbq I had for dinner last night!"

After she left, the nurse chided me saying, "Ummm, I don't think she appreciated that. She's a vegetarian."

I about died all the way home, laughing and feeling sorry for her.

I do that all the time! I call it a Trip Report.

:laughing:

For the record, yours is some of the most quality writing we have on the Boards. ;)

Hey, that's cool! I probably never would have noticed that.

I love when I find stuff out like that. And I imagine there is FAR more out there I'll never notice or learn about.

Hi Short! I'm Mark.

:sad2:
Nice work! I hear that's better than the Constipated-in-the-Dugout pose.

Although if you're the short one, how come you have to bend down?:confused3

So the people behind me get more than a headshot.

Which is much better than Shorty.

But not much better than "Shrimpy"- the one I grew up with until Jr High.

And suddenly, Disney World became the next San Francisco.

Been to Pecos Bills at lunch time recently? The trashcans come close...

That thought occurred to me too.
Although if you were in the back you'd need a stool.
And if you did a chunkydump, then you'd have one!

1560376181311.png

I always seem to need to take a break after writing a TR. PDD? Can never stay away too long though!

I completly get that! And breaks are totally great, I think the key is to come back knowing you aren't going to go back and try to read everything, but to just pick up where you ARE and go from there. Otherwise... stressful!

Maybe! Would be fun to meet many of you from the boards!

Speaking of Disney trips, Mom and I just got back from a very last minute spontaneous trip to WDW. By last minute I mean we booked it 1 1/2 days before departure. Never thought I would ever do such a thing, I am a PLANNER! :laughing:

YES!!

WHAT!!?? That is crazy awesome! How fun to just "run away" like that!
How was it? Stressful? Amazing? Still fun? Do tell!

Flower and Garden is Epcot at its best!

For sure!

Love the butterfly topiaries. So pretty!

Loads more topiaries to come!

Love love love!

I wish they kept the flowers around. Seems a shame to rip them all up as soon as the festival is over.

That one turned out so fun! I adore the colors in it and the monorail is an extra magical touch!

Me too! Sad to see the park go back to less colorful.

I love reading about and seeing pictures from the festivals... I'd love to be able to get to one of them sometime.

I hope you DO get to go to one soon, Andy! They pretty much run MORE of the year than not, so chances are good you'll get to see one, but I think Summer there is a bit less of a chance. Art is early Spring, F&G, later Spring, and F&W Fall, but starts in August I think now?

That works for me. I usually can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago so having it in order doesn't matter.

LOL!! Yeah, I sure do get that. For the writer though, it's more about what I feel most in the mood to share. :) and more often what photos I'm antsy to edit!

Really? Hotter than Pandora? That's scary...

Pandora at least has some fans and misters in the queues and a lot more shade. AND the best bonus of all? The best lounge on property right there! (Nomad!)

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
What a pose!

Just dooing my best!

I really enjoyed your flower and garden photos! I definitely did not spend enough time at Epcot on this last trip.

Thanks, Friend!! I never seem to get enough time in EPCOT, but that's mostly my own fault now. I seem to spend a LOT of time at AK just wandering and relaxing, but maybe it's time to shift focus again to EPCOT. I'm SO excited for the changes coming there with GotG and Ratatouille and the new Entrance!

This was such a nice thing for them to do.

Really a classy touch!

A lot of us didn't get our ride photos for this ride. The theme for me was getting other random people's ride photos in my account.

So weird! I wonder if it had to do with the MB touchpoints being messed up because we were on a tour? AS for random photos in my account? Yeah, full of them!

And I have the opposite problem, I'm always shuffled to the back because I'm so tall. I sent my Mom the pictures from Epcot and HS and she told me I needed to get to the front so she could actually see me. She told me to get up there with that lady in the Tie-Dyed shirt. :rotfl: So if you look at the AK and MK pictures, I managed to get on the end so I was visible. She was very happy with those pictures.

That's hiliarious! "Go ahead, Dearie, sidle on up the Poop Girl!". :lmao:
:rotfl2:This was one of the best quotes from the trip!

I know!!! LOL!! So much friendship based on a squat.

I never noticed the lawn landscaping until your picture! Definitely looks like Andy needs to get a steppin on learning how to mow the lawn to help him Mom out! lol

I handn't either. :) I learned from that IMDB that Andy's last name is Davis. It's ONLY in the credits where it lists "Mrs. Davis, Andy's Mom"! Who knew?!

Love the Chunky Dump pose. Everyone needs a signature pose!

YES!

WHAT!!?? That is crazy awesome! How fun to just "run away" like that!
How was it? Stressful? Amazing? Still fun? Do tell!

A mix of all of that? :laughing:

It all came about because my mom had taken vacation on my scheduled five days off from work so that we could go down to Ohio to visit my grandparents. My grandma called her up though a few days beforehand and said it wasn't a good time to come so I got the crazy idea in my head to go to WDW. Why waste that vacation time sitting around the house right? So I looked it up and suggested it to mom but she was half asleep when I asked her so she said no. The next day she calls me up and asks "Were you serious about going to WDW?" She came to see me on her lunch break and the trip was booked! We left a day and a half later. :laughing:

It was a very different trip for us as we are used to longer more leisurely trips. So in that regard it was a little more stressful because we didn't have fastpasses for the big three (Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog, and Mine Train). That said it was still lots of fun and amazing because we kept saying "Can you believe we are here right now?" It did go to show though that it is possible to do a last minute trip and still have a blast. I may do a TR about it. Not sure yet. I didn't take nearly as many photos as I usually do, only brought my camera into AK. The rest of the time I just used my phone for photos.

We still can't believe we did such a spontaneous thing though. It was completely unlike both of us. When we told our brothers they were dumbfounded that Lessa the planner would go anywhere let alone WDW with a well-thought out plan drawn up at least six months in advance. :blush:

Why waste that vacation time sitting around the house right?

Exactly!

"Were you serious about going to WDW?"

The sweetest of words!!

It was a very different trip for us as we are used to longer more leisurely trips.

I am the same way, but I'm taking my older kids this Sept and a going to have to get used to dawn til close touring again. Gonna be a stretch!

I may do a TR about it.

Please PM me if you do!

We still can't believe we did such a spontaneous thing though.
It sounds like spontaneous worked quite nicley for you. :)

W is for: Where the Wild Things Are

Most of you, my dear readers, are crossover readers from the many other TR Writers who comprised the EPIC Ladies' Trip that this was. While that portion was not my entire trip by a long stretch, it did amount to a good, and amazing, portion of it.

As you know, I do not follow a chronological format when I write. I tend to share what I am in the mood to write or edit at the time so it stays interesting to me. I guess in my eyes it keeps a fresh enthusiasm to what goes in here. I do apologize if that makes it seem "out of order" (it is), but I also try hard to add context so it is easier to follow. Sometimes, I add a little author's creative lisence as well. In short, you get what you get. ;) I sincerely hope that the remainder of this TR, in all it's discombobulated glory, serves to entertain, inform, and delight you. And please... do comment. It's what makes writing a TR so very enjoyable!!

So, returning to the opening comment about this being partially a HUGE group trip, I'll try to make it clear with prose of when and what context the chapter took place- solo vs. group. :) Now, sit back, mix yourself a Pisco Sour and enjoy...

Where the Wild Things Are...

The entire reason I added 2 days to my already long and EPIC trip was because our group was increcibly blessed with a VIP Tour! Some unamed benefactress gifted 8 glorious hours in which our group would visit all 4 parks in that time frame with 2 guides. The plan was to be able to ride a couple of headliners in each park starting with EPCOT. We did, but that and more about our tour is for a future chapter. Instead, I will start with the 3rd park we went to, and more specifically, one portion of that. When we arrived, we headed straight to Pandora to ride FoP. That was just as wonderful as it always is, and there just seems to be no getting "tired or bored" with a flight on the back of an Ikran. I have zillions of photos of Pandora that I'll share another time, but for now, let's get our hot, sweaty selves into an oversized Jeep.

Our group of 20ish had just finished lunch and while others still looked fantastic, I had the usual mascara running all over my face, sweat in all of the usual and most uncomfortable places, and generally looked like a hot mess. What better way than to completely finish the haute couture look than take a bumpy ride in an open air truck? In the most VIP-style we were led to an entrance that afforded us a speedy departure. A few others who were not part of our tour were also on our Jeep and they must have been rolling their eyes at our ridiculous and at times hilarious banter. The Brazilian tour groups had nothing on us!

I was in a row with Caroline @disneyAndi14 and Kelly @buzzrelly and I got in first sliding all the way over to the far side. That's when Kelly informed us all that she was perfectly happy with the "right" side of the truck because "it was the better side of the truck (okay, Kelly...), and it gave her a great view of.... <wait for it>... the Baobob Tree". Oh my Heavens... I was dying! Let me assure you, there were no small amount of jokes and heckling about Kelly's Baobob Tree. In her honor, I present...

Kelly's Tree:

The Safari itself was as Safari-ish as they come. As they say, they are never the same. I can say, the animals were doing their animal-y thing, there were no lions out (I think they were barely visible to a few), the baby elephant and giraffe were uber cute, and I came off just as expected- like a wind-blown, overheated Adventurer. I can't say much about our driver. He was fine, nothing exceptional or out-of-the-ordinary but informative as they always are, but Jungle Skippers they are not.

Here are the few photos that turned out from this trip around the jungles and savanah. It seems that for every 30 photos I take, 1 turns out. I present... the keepers:

The Saddle-billed Stork:

A Black or White (but not both because that would be a Rhinzebraceros!) Rhinoceros:

Another rhino:

A Greater Kudu:

Shofana, the Pink-backed Pelican, and his buddies were taking the day off of their Tour Guide Business to loiter around the old watering hole. Too bad; he'd have been a MUCH better tour guide! (Obscure reference from an old TR)

The native Florida Egret that is a Safari free-loading imposter only there for the free handouts. Kinda like a typical teenager.

After a few days of Disney food, I felt bloated, but I had nothing on these guys:

The one who needed to go find a private place to unbloat:

A very blurry photo of a cool African Wild Dog:

Some nicer shots (my personal faves from the non-Baobob, so clearly lesser, side of the truck) of the Masai Giraffes:

One giraffe sauntered right up to my side of the truck and if I'd wanted to, I could have reached out and touched it. I didn't but sure did wanna! Now, who's singing a RIGHT side of the truck tune, @buzzrelly ?? ;)

The African Bush Elephant:

The Greater Flamingo (from the greater side of the truck):

And lastly, a crappy photo of the Cheetah:

And that wraps up a spin around the Savanah (with one 'n', @glennbo123 ) It was made a million times more fun with a group of giggly, excited women (and some guys) and, to steal a line from the Safari: What is a group of Disney-crazed women called? I'm sure there will be some creative answers from y'all...
A bit behind, but I love your pics! With a glass of wine, and no glasses, I would say I don't see any blurry pics. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!