The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

This is funny! So don't tell this to anyone :rolleyes1 but a couple years ago we were in Epcot and I got so angry at the boys and Steve for some reason, I Threw down the bag I was carrying and stormed away from them. As I walked away I Started thinking how people had commented occasionally on my TR's that they'd seen me in a park or restaurant but were too shy to say hello, and then I started thinking " what if someone from the DIS just saw me throw that bag down and storm off?" You never know who you're glaring at lol!

Pssst...
Guess what....YOU just told everyone, but I promise I won't tell.
:lmao:

Last edited:
Good idea. I may adopt this next time I go.

I have one once in a while.

Ah. I couldn't remember for sure. I thought they were similar, but...

IT took me forever to go back and trace this thread so I could remember what we were even talking about! LOL! The thing I love most about those tunnels ARE the posters. I really need to look again for that calendar this Sept.

That really was, wasn't it?

:yes:

Well, I'm madly in love with her, you know.

Well YEAH, not every girl gets a dinglehopper on bended knee!

I love to pause and read all the tombstones (pet or otherwise) when I come off the ride.

Need to do this!

Well, this website shows where nine of them are.

You know, I swear I found all of those..... and I'm starting to wonder if I lost a few of my photos in the infamous SteppeCameraSwimDebaucle ???

Ah! So not confined to it. Good to hear.

If I could think of a good title that starts with 'Z' I'd share that story in my next update. :(

Funny.
I was going to say "less traveled", as that's what I'm most familiar with.
But I thought I'd Google it, just to be sure and... the Robert Frost poem is "The Road Not Taken"
It does, however, have the line "I took the one less traveled by"

Well, there ya go! I'd say by that ^ then, either works!

I got that one a couple of years ago. They had a couple of different versions over 2 or 3 years and then started repeating themselves. Not sure if it was discontinued.

That makes sense. I just hope it's a rotating product and I can get one in Sept. I have a really lovely botanical one hanging right now (an Audobonesque colored pencil drawing style one), and I LOVE IT, but a Disney one would look great in its place next year.

Stop pecking people. It's annoying.

I could go a lot of different directions with that, but the Mods may be watching a bit more carefully right now... 🐔

Sometimes, a Coke is the perfect complement to a meal.

And I do... about once a year. Usually with a burger or other junk food.

I'm with you, sister!

Yay, misery loves company!

I thought that was the daily news.

:lmao:

If only they had a paper FP system where you could still have a chance of getting a good ride late in the day...

I know! Thoroughly sucks now.

Huh. I had no idea that even existed!

I think Drew would LOVE this! Heck maybe all your kids would! See who can find the most in 20 minutes... :)

I know that feeling. I can give you lots of movie quotes, though.

.... . and most would go right over me.

The joys of an annual pass...

We'll see how long that lasts. I want to start saving for 3 trips:

1) Hawaii
2) So. Italy/Greece
3) A REAL East African Safari

Have a magical day!

:headache:

Oh no! I'm already sad for you without even knowing the story.

Gimme a good title for this that starts with Z and I'll tell it.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

That's too funny!

We certainly had a good chuckle and if anyone was going to take my table I counldn't have chosen better myself.

It still should have been my table.

Gotcha. Sounds like overall a meh.

Correct. It's there if you need it; otherwise pass.

I just looked in Orlando(Not Disney)
and there are quite a few, but none I think I'm likely to frequent. For me, given AK is not my favorite park (sorry Liesa...different strokes...) and I've only been to Y&Y a couple times, I don't think the Landrys card is for me.

Yeah, I think I'll pass, but it's good to know to pass along. :)

I'm not sure how this is possibly my only quote from X and Y updates!!! But, here we are :)

Things move fast around here at times. If I have a couple of days off with some free time, I can get a couple up. Then again, it can sit for a couple weeks at a time if I get busy. ALSO, since I have a trip in Sept, I'll need to finish this one up a bit quicker than I normally would because that trip is going to be HUGE.

I absolutely love the Coke at Casey's. I always tell people that the best fountain Coke on the planet can be found there. I have no idea why, but it's the truth.

I am not a huge Coke conoisseur. At all. I have one about once a year.

Coffee on the other hand...

Casey's also happens to be the place where someone in our family is always pixie dusted with something!! This time, it was me...oh, wait, I was the only one there. But still!! Our track record is good. And if I ever start writing my TR, you'll find out what I got!

Well, this was not my first dip into Casey's... ;) Time will tell if I was "gifted" again...

This is funny! So don't tell this to anyone :rolleyes1 but a couple years ago we were in Epcot and I got so angry at the boys and Steve for some reason, I Threw down the bag I was carrying and stormed away from them. As I walked away I Started thinking how people had commented occasionally on my TR's that they'd seen me in a park or restaurant but were too shy to say hello, and then I started thinking " what if someone from the DIS just saw me throw that bag down and storm off?" You never know who you're glaring at lol!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yeah, that's pretty hilarious! HOLY cow, a hissy right there in the middle of EPCOT! Buhahaha! It'd be even funnier if you came home and was reading some random thread that off-handedly mentioned it. "...and then this lady goes bat... crazy and throws down her purse, and...."

I have one once in a while.

Even a stopped clock... wait... those are all digital now... so... a stopped clock is basically... blank.
IT took me forever to go back and trace this thread so I could remember what we were even talking about! LOL! The thing I love most about those tunnels ARE the posters. I really need to look again for that calendar this Sept.
Good luck!
Well YEAH, not every girl gets a dinglehopper on bended knee!
Only the really special ones.
You know, I swear I found all of those..... and I'm starting to wonder if I lost a few of my photos in the infamous SteppeCameraSwimDebaucle ???
Interested to hear how this came about. Went for a dip with it? Fell in the tub? Wishing well?
If I could think of a good title that starts with 'Z' I'd share that story in my next update. :(
8 Letter words that start with z
Zabaione
Zabajone
Zacatons
Zaddikim
Zaibatsu
Zamarras
Zamarros
Zamindar
Zaniness
Zapateos
Zappiest
Zaptiahs
Zaptiehs
Zaratite
Zareebas
Zarzuela
Zastruga
Zastrugi
Zealotry
Zebranos
Zebrines
Zecchini
Zecchino
Zecchins
Zelkovas
Zemindar
Zemstvos
Zenaidas
Zenithal
Zeolites
Zeolitic
Zeppelin
Zeppoles
Zestiest
Zestless
Zibeline
Ziggurat
Zigzaggy
Zikkurat
Zikurats
Zillions
Zincates
Zincites
Zincking
Zingiest
Zippered
Zippiest
Zircaloy
Zirconia
Zirconic
Zitherns
Zizzling
Zodiacal
Zoisites
Zombiism
Zonation
Zoneless
Zonetime
Zoochore
Zooecium
Zoogenic
Zoogleae
Zoogleal
Zoogleas
Zoogloea
Zoolater
Zoolatry
Zoologic
Zoomania
Zoometry
Zoomorph
Zoonoses
Zoonosis
Zoonotic
Zoophile
Zoophily
Zoophobe
Zoophyte
Zoosperm
Zoospore
Zootiest
Zootomic
Zorillas
Zorilles
Zorillos
Zucchini
Zugzwang
Zwieback
Zygomata
Zygosity
Zygotene
Zymogene
Zymogens
Zymogram
Zymology
Zymosans
Zyzzyvas

7 Letter words that start with z
Zacaton
Zaddick
Zaffars
Zaffers
Zaffirs
Zaffres
Zagging
Zaikais
Zamarra
Zamarro
Zananas
Zanders
Zaniest
Zanyish
Zapateo
Zappers
Zappier
Zapping
Zaptiah
Zaptieh
Zarebas
Zareeba
Zaribas
Zealots
Zealous
Zeatins
Zebecks
Zebraic
Zebrano
Zebrass
Zebrine
Zebroid
Zecchin
Zechins
Zedoary
Zelkova
Zemstva
Zemstvo
Zenaida
Zenanas
Zeniths
Zeolite
Zephyrs
Zeppole
Zeppoli
Zeroing
Zesters
Zestful
Zestier
Zestily
Zesting
Zeugmas
Zibeths
Zigging
Zigzags
Zikurat
Zilches
Zillahs
Zillion
Zincate
Zincify
Zincing
Zincite
Zincked
Zincoid
Zincous
Zingani
Zingano
Zingara
Zingare
Zingari
Zingaro
Zingers
Zingier
Zinging
Zinkify
Zinnias
Zipless
Ziplock
Zippers
Zippier
Zipping
Zircons
Zithern
Zithers
Zizzled
Zizzles
Zloties
Zlotych
Zoarial
Zoarium
Zocalos
Zodiacs
Zoecium
Zoisite
Zombies
Zombify
Zonally
Zonated
Zonking
Zonulae
Zonular
Zonulas
Zonules
Zooecia
Zoogeny
Zooglea
Zooidal
Zooiest
Zoology
Zooming
Zooning
Zootier
Zootomy
Zorilla
Zorille
Zorillo
Zosters
Zouaves
Zoysias
Zydecos
Zygomas
Zygoses
Zygosis
Zygotes
Zygotic
Zymases
Zymogen
Zymosan
Zymoses
Zymosis
Zymotic
Zymurgy
Zyzzyva

6 Letter words that start with z
Zaddik
Zaffar
Zaffer
Zaffir
Zaffre
Zaftig
Zagged
Zaikai
Zaires
Zamias
Zanana
Zander
Zanier
Zanies
Zanily
Zanzas
Zapped
Zapper
Zareba
Zariba
Zayins
Zazens
Zealot
Zeatin
Zebeck
Zebecs
Zebras
Zechin
Zenana
Zenith
Zephyr
Zeroed
Zeroes
Zeroth
Zested
Zester
Zeugma
Zibeth
Zibets
Zigged
Zigzag
Zillah
Zinced
Zincic
Zincky
Zinebs
Zinged
Zinger
Zinnia
Zipped
Zipper
Zirams
Zircon
Zither
Zizith
Zizzle
Zlotys
Zoaria
Zocalo
Zodiac
Zoecia
Zoftig
Zombie
Zombis
Zonary
Zonate
Zoners
Zoning
Zonked
Zonula
Zonule
Zooids
Zooier
Zoomed
Zoonal
Zooned
Zorils
Zoster
Zouave
Zounds
Zoysia
Zydeco
Zygoid
Zygoma
Zygose
Zygote
Zymase

5 Letter words that start with z
Zaire
Zamia
Zanza
Zappy
Zarfs
Zaxes
Zayin
Zazen
Zeals
Zebec
Zebra
Zebus
Zeins
Zerks
Zeros
Zests
Zesty
Zetas
Zibet
Zilch
Zills
Zincs
Zincy
Zineb
Zines
Zings
Zingy
Zinky
Zippy
Ziram
Zitis
Zizit
Zlote
Zloty
Zoeae
Zoeal
Zoeas
Zombi
Zonae
Zonal
Zoned
Zoner
Zones
Zonks
Zooey
Zooid
Zooks
Zooms
Zoons
Zooty
Zoril
Zoris
Zouks
Zowie
Zuzim
Zymes

4 Letter words that start with z
Zags
Zany
Zaps
Zarf
Zeal
Zebu
Zeds
Zees
Zein
Zeks
Zeps
Zerk
Zero
Zest
Zeta
Zigs
Zill
Zinc
Zine
Zing
Zins
Zips
Ziti
Zits
Zoea
Zoic
Zona
Zone
Zonk
Zoom
Zoon
Zoos
Zori
Zouk
Zyme

3 Letter words that start with z
Zag
Zap
Zas
Zax
Zed
Zee
Zek
Zep
Zig
Zin
Zip
Zit
Zoa
Zoo
Zuz
Zzz

2 Letter words that start with z
za

You're welcome.
Got that list from Zsa Zsa Gabor's memoires, forwarded to me by Zoe Saldana (Guardians of the Galaxy) and proofread by Zooey Deschanel.

Well, there ya go! I'd say by that ^ then, either works!

::yes::

Well, of all the people to steal your table at Y&Y...it just had to be a fellow DISer. :rotfl:The food looked delicious, but that seemed like a long wait in the heat in order to get to it.

The thing I love most about those tunnels ARE the posters. I really need to look again for that calendar this Sept.

Michael used to pick them up at the outlet in February for the running year. But I think starting with 2019 they stopped doing attraction posters. At least real ones. There was a story about WDI no longer licensing them to merchandising. They also disappeared from the Art on Demand kiosks. So, now they are made up posters. Not nearly as good as the real ones. They usually came out in August. When we were in California in 2015 they appeared on the last day of our stay at DL (just before D23).

We kept all of ours and are hoping to have some of the posters framed.

Z is for for: ZOINKS! Call an Ambulance!

First off, I hate the new (far fewer!) color choices. I liked my trademark blue. :(

Secondly, this is an update with no photos for reasons that will be obvious in a minute…

Storytime with Steppe:

Dinner was a fantastic, friend-filled event that I’ll write about in more detail another time, but what happened afterwards was equally exciting in a less-than-wonderful way.

O’hana included all the usual merriment with cocktails, laughter, too much food (oink, oink!), not enough ukelele, coconut races, and silliness. Mom had just arrived and we rushed from just settling her in from the airport at our resort (an entire story all of its own!) and we were both exhausted from early mornings and the heat.

Saying our temporary good-byes to all of our new friends after taking some PP photos, we made our way to the monorail for the short ride “home”. We had just arrived at the tables for the security check, when I noticed Mom leaning over the table and looking quite pale and… not good. Actually Jenn, @Chrystmasangel , noticed her first and asked her if she was alright.

“No, not really. I’m feeling light-headed and like I might pass out.”

“Holy crap! Do you need to sit down?!”

“No, I just need to rest.” You know that way people get when they have too little bloodflow to the brain? Like they can’t make rational decisions? Yeah…

Before I even asked, a CM had gotten and placed a chair behind her and we got her to sit down on it. Good fairies DO indeed exist. She lasted about 2 minutes. Honestly, time began to stand still, and I have no concept of the timeline from that point on. Could have been 1 minute, could have been 5 or more…

SteppeNurse kicked in, and I began to ask some intelligent assessment questions, but SteppeDaughter was overriding most coherent thought processes. I noticed a HUGE crowd gathering and that many of the folks we’d just eaten with were nearby wondering (and asking, THANK YOU!) if there was anything they could do

It wasn’t long before it became apparent that Mom was indeed going to pass out, so a few of us eased her to the ground. She came around fairly quickly, and by the time she did, the EMTs showed up. THEY ARE FAST!!! Then again, all sense of time was lost on me and I have no idea how much time had passed by now. None. @disneyAndi14 , one of the other EPIC Nurses was also nearby and lent a professional hand as well. A collaborative effort is always better in circumstances like that!

They quickly got a 5 lead on her, checked her blood sugar, took vitals, and did a good thorough assessment. Everything looked good and, eventually, it was determined she really didn’t need to be transported. She, understandably, was completely embarrassed and in the end we speculated that a recent change of her blood pressure meds, combined with the oppressive Florida heat and humiditiy she isn’t used to, the cocktail she had, the excitement and lack of rest created a perfect $hit$torm that led to the Great Monorail Platform Spectacle of 2019.

The amazing Poly Staff went FAR above and beyond, pulled off an incredibly professional and compassionate class act, made us feel safe and cared for and we can’t thank them enough. In fact, as I’m writing this, I am reminded that I still need to shoot off a thank you letter to them. They provided a wheelchair for us to get back to our resort and told us to just keep it for the duration of our trip. Nice gesture, but I have more commentary on this later.

The fallout from that event had sequelae that lasted the duration of our whole trip… but now that you have the background, the chapters that I’m touring with Mom will make more sense.

Last edited:
Okay, Kiddleywinks,

Time to head to work... ugh, I hate 6:30 shifts. A lot.

Replies will have to wait until this weekend.....

Have a good day, Friends!

About the loss of your color: the color you used was called 0000b3. So, when you go to the color palate now, instead of picking one of the ones showing, type 000b3 into the field that says HEX color and click on ok. Voila! Your text is blue again!

Sorry about the scary event with your mother! We tend to forget how the heat and humidity really can affect you!

O’hana included all the usual merriment with cocktails, laughter, too much food (oink, oink!), not enough ukelele, coconut races, and silliness.

Mmm...O'hana...

oauWUB08LFe8aDp78I-1PtPc0KLLpzo9lVlMcQoMo9p0cC1UhjCni1Ph-2k-XUGWU3Uv7h-_ioF46mRfy75aFSzIgnDvJiG1nPNu5m-sUxdtq88Avwz-VMIzzAmq_v9Zu9ojKvnjbAfJidXIhWVsltUQ5h0lXq3cmyhObALzqwuE7ovU1l2qYL5KI6gmiCvyoKu-g2OxcW4kTc5Fu_8p7ss7zcTNKHdNjdi-EM7fm7b-wYuPz18yLGJTVIBTDpTe99OzeN_n6OpoTiz08Rdi_GvTcjvHDrtgbdkDJxCX-peLa4GGNA3lui-x_8FPEaJBBYwxTuYeR17fEQkfSBtjxmZac3N9cWay2MOTHIu3MKMfLzF7o_eXX3TFQAZ7LRzIr9-6J2CRTRHpaZ8Gy4V3eitgE_t_8uErwx-IYeFjrmfVsrovCIzI1p0oL0JjIbhhjRFx2vTsJZxMZYAM_W_W_3l4bx115H4iSB2UBoK0xE-Ui_Fe5-dNkmDoNRxKF3nyFp1eYnUrT4GREsdVLt3D9Q8ermnU7BHDWqAHPSOAgk2htv2YRtSD3w1Nfh_M50FuCvvoGI5Vu3RYwPfYnXY3bbQeE32zh1-SGMMQngVViatG-tBVDZWL8pm8gmKmbpw41NNN5t_TpIcjJ7ZSSlEELAe7AQpJC8I=w279-h320-no

We had just arrived at the tables for the security check, when I noticed Mom leaning over the table and looking quite pale and… not good.

:scared1: I imagine this got very stressful very quickly!

It wasn’t long before it became apparent that Mom was indeed going to pass out, so a few of us eased her to the ground. She came around fairly quickly, and by the time she did, the EMTs showed up. THEY ARE FAST!!!

Good! That's what we want!

She, understandably, was completely embarrassed and in the end we speculated that a recent change of her blood pressure meds, combined with the oppressive Florida heat and humiditiy she isn’t used to, the cocktail she had, the excitement and lack of rest created a perfect $hit$torm that led to the Great Monorail Platform Spectacle of 2019.

Sounds like a lot of factors that could work against her. I'm glad she was ok. What a relief!

The amazing Poly Staff went FAR above and beyond, pulled off an incredibly professional and compassionate class act, made us feel safe and cared for and we can’t thank them enough.

This is so great to hear! I'm thankful it worked out and you had so much support.

I noticed a HUGE crowd gathering and that many of the folks we’d just eaten with were nearby wondering (and asking, THANK YOU!) if there was anything they could do
That was SO very scary! I just remember feeling so helpless and simply awful when we left, even though it made the most sense to keep our very large crew out of the way. I was so relieved when you answered our texts/messages that she was doing OK later that evening.

Oh my, that was scary! I'm so glad to read it wasn't too serious and she did recover. It's great to ready how responsive Disney was to the emergency. I hope the wheelchair was a help for the rest of your trip.

How scary - but thankful you had so many nurses in your group, and then Disney professionals, around to help! Glad to hear that it was a (sorta) temporary issue, but yeah, I can see where that might make her slow down her touring style.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry that your Mom (and you!) went through that. As someone who passes out far too frequently I know how much it sucks to be the person who is trying with all their might to NOT pass out but also how much it sucks to be the person waiting for their loved one to wake up! (My Mom tells me often as she's usually the one who's with me lol) Which I've also been when my sister collapsed in my arms from passing out during prom photos, I recognized the signs and grabbed her as she went down (man, dead weight is HEAVY!)

I'm so glad that everything turned out okay and that everyone was super helpful! And that you guys were able to get her on the ground to prevent any other injuries!

OMG we were all so worried about your mom, but we knew she was in good hands (you, Steppenurse, as well as Disney staff!) - but that was freaky what happened. I'm so happy it wasn't anything more serious, but I'm sure that extra precaution will be taken during the Florida heat going forward!

It was definitely a delightful night at Ohana, it was so fun, the food was great, and the company better! I hope your mom had a good time during the meal though!!

First off, I hate the new (far fewer!) color choices. I liked my trademark blue. :(
Oh? Why don't you use it then? if you're happier with this... then use it! :)
Secondly, this is an update with no photos for reasons that will be obvious in a minute…
No photos????

What the heck?
I'm outta here!

Well... okay, I'll stay.
But you're on thin ice, lady.
but what happened afterwards was equally exciting in a less-than-wonderful way.
Uh, oh...
O’hana included all the usual merriment with cocktails, laughter, too much food (oink, oink!),
I wouldn't know. I've never been. May never get there.
Mom had just arrived and we rushed from just settling her in from the airport at our resort (an entire story all of its own!)
popcorn::
I noticed Mom leaning over the table and looking quite pale and… not good. Actually Jenn, @Chrystmasangel , noticed her first and asked her if she was alright.
Way to go, Jenn. :)
“No, not really. I’m feeling light-headed and like I might pass out.”
:eek: Not so good!
SteppeNurse kicked in, and I began to ask some intelligent assessment questions, but SteppeDaughter was overriding most coherent thought processes.
I'm familiar with this. I've seen very competent people be completely unnerved when it comes to their own family members.
She came around fairly quickly, and by the time she did, the EMTs showed up. THEY ARE FAST!!!
Good to know that help is that close!
@disneyAndi14 , one of the other EPIC Nurses was also nearby and lent a professional hand as well. A collaborative effort is always better in circumstances like that!
:grouphug:
They quickly got a 5 lead on her,
Which is what? EEG? IV? I suppose the former, but don't really know.
You and all your nursey talk!
eventually, it was determined she really didn’t need to be transported
Phew! Good!
She, understandably, was completely embarrassed and in the end we speculated that a recent change of her blood pressure meds, combined with the oppressive Florida heat and humiditiy she isn’t used to, the cocktail she had, the excitement and lack of rest created a perfect $hit$torm that led to the Great Monorail Platform Spectacle of 2019.
:hug:
No need for embarrassment. It happens. Yes, you're the center of attention for a while, but so what? People just want to make sure you're okay and only have caring and concern for you.
I'm glad everything turned out to be okay.
The amazing Poly Staff went FAR above and beyond, pulled off an incredibly professional and compassionate class act, made us feel safe and cared for and we can’t thank them enough.
:) Also very good to know that in an emergency, you're in good hands.
They provided a wheelchair for us to get back to our resort and told us to just keep it for the duration of our trip
Nice of them.
And also explains where the wheelchair came in.

Sorry you had to go through all that... both of you, but glad it wasn't more serious. Is your mom feeling okay, now?

Just got my lap top back today. Opened it up last Sunday and the only thing that would come up was "hard drive not detected". Lost everything on it! All my pictures, school work, stuff I was saving to study for the registry, my resume, my references... everything. Sigh!

It will be a day or two before I can really respond. I am still trying to get all my stuff downloaded on my new hard drive as well as trying to figure out the new forums for the first time.

Just a couple of quick comments and more later:

Yep, she loved it. LOL! Well, at least I think she did.... @Chrystmasangel ???

Yes I did. When I got home and told hubby I had it, he was in shock!

Actually Jenn, @Chrystmasangel , noticed her first and asked her if she was alright

After the fact, I was SOOO happy I didn't go through before her.
Someone had to be there to make sure her purse was ok after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter