The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

My phone lit up with a text from @docsoliday1 saying he was in the area and was offering to pick me up and take me to Kidani! That would MORE than make up for lost time and save me 45 minutes, and quite possibly more.
Nice! Disfriends to the rescue!
Also, I did talk to ME a day or so before I left and they did tell me I could have used the tags for Coronado... just to scratch off "Coronado" and write in "XXX Resort" in sharpie.
XXX Resort??? That doesn't sound very Disney like!
You may not believe in miracles, but I am here to tell you one just happened. I completely caught up on the DIS and my "Watched threads" list is cleared out.
I don't think that will ever happen.
When one is on Main Street and feeling that way, one stops at Casey’s for corn dog nuggets. It’s what’s done. There is rumor and debate over the new chicken variety, but they are still pretty good in my, at times, unrefined 3-year old palate.
I can always go for that. Obviously my palate is on that same age level.
Really looking forward to not having lids on cups. Honestly don't care about the no plastic straw thing, but not having a lid on my cup (or the kids') isn't going to be fun.
Funny how I’m completely willing to wait 30 minutes for a better table to feed my face, but will hardly ever wait 15 minutes for a few rides or attractions.
When I'm ready to feed my face, waiting isn't an option.
It’s a tragic tale of phone vs. water
Been there done that. Want to know some other tragic tales?
phone vs. bottom of tire
phone vs. diesel fuel
phone vs. queue floor at Disneyland's Space Mountain

Yes, I always get insurance on my phones and usually use it before the 2 year life span is up.

Loud
Average food
Long wait after ADR time
Reasonably priced
In the park
And they give away your table!!!!
You're welcome.
Got that list from Zsa Zsa Gabor's memoires, forwarded to me by Zoe Saldana (Guardians of the Galaxy) and proofread by Zooey Deschanel.
Dude... you have way too much time on your hands! :rotfl2:
They quickly got a 5 lead on her, checked her blood sugar, took vitals, and did a good thorough assessment. Everything looked good and, eventually, it was determined she really didn’t need to be transported. She, understandably, was completely embarrassed and in the end we speculated that a recent change of her blood pressure meds, combined with the oppressive Florida heat and humiditiy she isn’t used to, the cocktail she had, the excitement and lack of rest created a perfect $hit$torm that led to the Great Monorail Platform Spectacle of 2019.
Wow... scary. I'm glad that it wasn't anything more major. Definitely scary and something you never want to have happen, but it sounds like the response was extremely good and she was in good hands.
Today, I was feeling rather impish and pleased with myself so was channeling my inner Tink, so that's what I blurted out. The artist picked up his sketching pencil and then spent the next 5 or so minutes drafting a really great Tink face. I was mesmorized as he finished up with his signature.
Cool!!! Definitely worth a trip down the rabbit hole for that. I can think of worse ways to waste 50 bucks at Disney World.

Hi Liesa! I was so far behind as I was on a dis hiatus but now I am all caught up on this thread at least. I came back to the boards about a week ago, saw that it had been revamped and was too tired to figure it out so promptly closed out of it again until I was more awake and had patience to grapple with the changes.

The girls trip so far sounds amazing, saw tidbits on Facebook and it made me super envious!

The fainting episode with your mom sounds very scary. I would have panicked and forgotten all my nursing knowledge if that were my mom. Glad that you had good company and good CM's to come to your assistance.

Your Alice painting is beautiful. What a special purchase, especially it was signed and personalized for you.

I like art.

Oh, sorry. Are we not doing that?
I like to admire art and, like you, enjoy some styles and genres better than others.
Don't tell me what to like!

;)
I like art museums.

Still not doing that?

Sorry.
I have some art.
I have very little.
I see very little that I'm willing to pay for. And usually, what I do like is exorbitantly expensive.
Other media, such as batik, carved wood, and ceramics, yes, but never a painting.
Oh boy! Finally! A painting!...
Techincally I still don't,
… er… nevermind, then.
One afternoon while sauntering through DTD Springs, (< there, a compromise on the name)
"compromise"... you have a funny way of spelling "cop out"
I wandered into The Art of Disney, as I've come to make a habit of.
Very seldom have been in there,
but did with Elle, this last trip.
Saw a few things in there that intrigued me.
(This was the one in Epcot, though)
(That's code for I'm getting old as dirt.)
Nope. I don't believe that for a second.
A Thomas Kincaid Galleries
Familiar with the name. Seen a fair bit of his stuff in catalogues and stuff.
"If I were to buy one of them, (knowing I probably can't afford it, but this is a fun game) which one would I choose?"
Yep. Definitely a slippery slope, there.
I contemplated Ariel , but in the end thought Alice was the best one with the most detail from the story with a lot of content going on.
I would've picked Ariel of course... but I really do like the one you picked.
I like the idea of Alice looking into the water and seeing her "looking glass" world below.
I asked the CM roaming the area how much they were, and she replied, "$50".
That's actually not bad at all!
Dirk Wunderlich. In fact, he's a Legacy Artist (see HERE).
I clicked the link, but... had to look up what a "legacy artist" was... still not quite sure, really.
left the store to head for my dinner reservation.... s. Yes, I had 2. I take oink to the next level.
Holy smokes! Where do you put all that????? :faint:
I mean, if I didn't have a picture, I'd have a hard time convincing you readers that this actually happened, right?
Pictures or it didn't happen.
The standard, "Good choice!" was given in return
Yeah, just once... "I really hate this one."
I'd pay extra for that.
I like and identify with a lot of characters depending on my mood at the time, ranging from Sleeping Beauty every Monday morning
:laughing:
Today, I was feeling rather impish and pleased with myself so was channeling my inner Tink, so that's what I blurted out.
I can definitely see you as Tink. ::yes::::yes::
The artist picked up his sketching pencil and then spent the next 5 or so minutes drafting a really great Tink face.
Cool!!
That photo in itself is a great keepsake. :)
I have a wonderful canvas repro proudly sitting on my bathroom window sill so I can see it a lot. Yes, I'm 52 with 5 kids.... I see it a lot.
:lmao:
Yep. NIce. Good choice.
And that just makes it even cooler. :)

But life has a way of changing and taking things a bit slower is the new me. (That's code for I'm getting old as dirt.) Once overlooked shops, attactions, and entertainment options are suddenly the very things I seem to seek out nowadays.
Less on the old as dirt from your same age friend.......we just know how worthwhile our time is and ensure we spend it as meaningfully as possible. :goodvibes
I like and identify with a lot of characters depending on my mood at the time, ranging from Sleeping Beauty every Monday morning, to Winnie the Pooh on Taco Tuesdays, to Ursula when my phone flips the camera to selfie accidently. Today, I was feeling rather impish and pleased with myself so was channeling my inner Tink, so that's what I blurted out.
Awesome! It is a beautiful piece and I am sure it is well loved.

Your Alice painting is beautiful. I like all the details in the Thomas Kindade artwork. I like doing the Disney puzzles. Not near as nice as your artwork.

Alice%204-L.jpg
1.) This whole experience sounds terrific....most especially because it was within a normal price range!!! This is outstanding value for anything even sort of authentic at Disney! :)
2.) I love that he is wearing a Magic Band!!

Dear Liesa,

Once upon a time I was doing very well keeping up to date with your wonderful stories.
Then the evil overlords at my company requested my presence at some training in Houston the last week of May.
Never one to turn down travel (as if I had a choice) I went along to Houston, knowing full well that the most I would see of the city would be my hotel and a conference room - I was right. Although I did manage to get out for some very nice southern barbecue one night. (Luckily I had spent 5 weeks in Houston about 16 years ago, so I was able to get around the city and see the sights then, so I wasn't too disappointed).
Anyway, upon returning from that journey, despite being away for only 4 days, it seemed like 40 days of work had piled up while I was gone, and I've spent most of that time trying to catch up. That included your trip report which, as of today, I can finally say I have caught up on.
Sadly, the opportunity for any witty banter and replies is not in the cards.
I will say that I am glad to hear your mom was OK after that night.
I can only hope to reset from here on. Just wanted to let you know I am still reading along and enjoying it.

What a lovely story about your Alice picture. That’s how I love buying art: not just something that looks nice, but something that has a memory attached. I love buying art on vacation as it is a perfect souvenir.

I love when I see it in my home. It brings back such wonderful memories of being in a happy place. I don't know how many pieces of art I'll buy going forward, but it's a nice start.

Do you remember my parents picture wall behind the dining table? Those were all from different vacations (and some otherwise memorable pieces). I hope your pieces is the start of a similar meaningful collection for you!

I do remember it very well! I remember admiring it and talking about that and the impressive library they have. :)

I have a small collection of my African souvenirs started, but this is my first Disney piece other than the DLR Transportation poster I have.

What a great photo!!

Thanks!!

Of course you have a sick sense of humor, you're a nurse!!

I got to observe in the OR the other day and that staff and the surgeons take it to a whoooooole new level. (I'm in the wrong dept.)

This is such a pleasant way to spend some time in the Magic Kingdom. I had a great time doing it!

I keep saying it... far more than rides...

Ohhh definitely one of the best tables in house, but the room in general is pretty nice!

It really is; I love the view from up there!

I'm drooling!

Not the very best basket I've ever had, but it's a good option for avoiding burgers and fries. :)

Your poor mom! I'm so glad she was ok, though, and it sounds like they gave her excellent and speedy care!

Me too! And they really pulled through with excellent care.

That's a compromise I can get behind!

Heh, I'll never get used to "Disney Springs". Ever.

How sweet of him, and what an extra special piece of artwork to have in your home! And really a fantastic price as well.

I adore it and know I will admire it for many years. In the end... a great use of time and better than other items on sale in the dump shops.

Yep, Liesa was right and you guys were wrong . :P It's me worrying about October of this year with my Mom. I worry about the same thing happening with her that happened with Liesa's mom. I'm not good in a crisis situation so something happening to my Mom on vacation is one of my worst nightmares.

The thought of losing a parent is very difficult and I know so many of my friends are on the cusp of this life stage. Hard...

I like it!

Still longer to type though than DTD.

One of my favorite stores. Like you, most stuff is way out of my range but every once in a while I find something to take home that's a bit more reasonable.

I'll probably look each trip, if even briefly, and not take something home 99% of the time. ;)

I have a few of these canvas wrapped Thomas Kincaid pictures! Mine are a bit bigger than yours, maybe 12 x 12? I have Lion King, Dumbo, Pirates, Bambi, and a couple of others that I can't think of right now. My Mom purchased them for me as gifts over the years.

I think mine is about 12 X 9 ish? I'd have to measure, but it's a good size and someday I'll get a frame for it. You have quite a good collection! And to get them as gifts is even better! :goodvibes

That was a very cool experience to read about!

It was definitely a really awesome memory from this trip... but there were SO many!!

Art? Who's Art? Art Carney?

Now that's a name I haven't heard since like.... high school?

Unless it falls outside the Captain Oblivious Law of Art.

Which is....?

That's pretty much been my experience when I wander through!

Still kinda fun to look at. A good way to spend a bit of non-rushed time.

No, I mean it's $50 just to LOOK at it. You can pay me here or at the register.

LOLOL!! I can't imagine then how much it'd cost to touch it!

Impressive...:darth:

I have skilz.

You have to wonder if any of them ever say, "Ugh. I hate that one. So ugly."

Now THAT would be funny, and something I'd pay an extra buck to hear.

Nice! Disfriends to the rescue!

They are the BEST!

XXX Resort??? That doesn't sound very Disney like!

:lmao: Oopsies.

I don't think that will ever happen.
Correct. It's never-ending. Ever.

I can always go for that. Obviously my palate is on that same age level.

And that's okay. Corn dogs are for the masses.

Really looking forward to not having lids on cups. Honestly don't care about the no plastic straw thing, but not having a lid on my cup (or the kids') isn't going to be fun.

OY, I hate that they are phasing out straws. My teeth are pretty sensitive to cold and it does hurt to drink cold water or pop without. Yes, I could bring my own, but, umm.... this is vacation. Even something minor like that is something I don't wanna think about. Packing, bringing, washing, etc...

When I'm ready to feed my face, waiting isn't an option.

That's what snack carts are for. They're like trashcans, every 30 feet.

Been there done that. Want to know some other tragic tales?
phone vs. bottom of tire
phone vs. diesel fuel
phone vs. queue floor at Disneyland's Space Mountain

Yes, I always get insurance on my phones and usually use it before the 2 year life span is up.

Huh, your track record, while as numerous as mine, isi more creatively impressive. :worship:

And they give away your table!!!!

Yes, a glaring omission from my sum up.

Dude... you have way too much time on your hands! :rotfl2:

:laughing:
Wow... scary. I'm glad that it wasn't anything more major. Definitely scary and something you never want to have happen, but it sounds like the response was extremely good and she was in good hands.

It's good to know there are quality people to stand int eh gap if need be. :)

Cool!!! Definitely worth a trip down the rabbit hole for that. I can think of worse ways to waste 50 bucks at Disney World.

Oh for sure! But, I know there are lots of various obsessions of stuff I'd never want; glad there's something for everyone; but I"m perfectly thrilled with my new acquisition!

Hi Liesa! I was so far behind as I was on a dis hiatus but now I am all caught up on this thread at least. I came back to the boards about a week ago, saw that it had been revamped and was too tired to figure it out so promptly closed out of it again until I was more awake and had patience to grapple with the changes.

I did notice you were gone and wondered what had happened! The changes are always hard to learn and get comfortable with again, but glad you're here again and posting.

The girls trip so far sounds amazing, saw tidbits on Facebook and it made me super envious!

I sure wish you could have gone!! Maybe next time one comes together... :)

The fainting episode with your mom sounds very scary. I would have panicked and forgotten all my nursing knowledge if that were my mom. Glad that you had good company and good CM's to come to your assistance.

I think it'd be true for any of us nurses. When it gets personal, it's easy to go blank!

Your Alice painting is beautiful. What a special purchase, especially it was signed and personalized for you.

THanks! I do really love it!

Oh, sorry. Are we not doing that?
Apparently, we are.

Don't tell me what to like!

;)

Okay, now I gotta know... favorite art genre?

Still not doing that?

Sorry.

Yes, I think we actually ARE.

I have very little.
I see very little that I'm willing to pay for. And usually, what I do like is exorbitantly expensive.

That is the problem with starving artists. Although I somehow doubt anyone at the Kincaid studio is doing so.

Oh boy! Finally! A painting!...

YES!!

… er… nevermind, then.

...oh...

"compromise"... you have a funny way of spelling "cop out"

Oh sure, call me out.

Very seldom have been in there,
but did with Elle, this last trip.
Saw a few things in there that intrigued me.
(This was the one in Epcot, though)

I like that one too, but I think it's smaller?

Nope. I don't believe that for a second.

NO, it's true, I looked between my toes the other day. Granted I walked outside barefoot, but there is plausible evidence of old (as) dirt.

Familiar with the name. Seen a fair bit of his stuff in catalogues and stuff.

Pretty well known dude.

Yep. Definitely a slippery slope, there.

Nah, I'm not a shopper. ;)

I would've picked Ariel of course... but I really do like the one you picked.
I like the idea of Alice looking into the water and seeing her "looking glass" world below.

I didn't like the Ariel one because Dude was in it. He's such a bore.

That's actually not bad at all!

I thought darned reasonable!

I clicked the link, but... had to look up what a "legacy artist" was... still not quite sure, really.

That's code for "well paid".

Holy smokes! Where do you put all that????? :faint:

The answer to your question can be found by dialing 1-800-MY-THIGHS

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Correct.

Yeah, just once... "I really hate this one."
I'd pay extra for that.

HA!! I just told someone else that! The look on people's faces would be priceless!

I can definitely see you as Tink. ::yes::::yes::

You have! (Remember my last TR?)

That photo in itself is a great keepsake. :)

YES! And he was so, so nice. Easy conversation and so personable.

Yep. NIce. Good choice.
And that just makes it even cooler. :)

I agree!

And then she doesn't use any of them! :laughing:

No really it was helpful. I could use it for process of elimination

**Not to be confused with a week of Disney food or Canadian border crossing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter