The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

C is for Check-in at Coronado!

After getting up in the middle of the night on May 3rd,(again... I really hate flight times out of PDX.) and hoping there isn't a semi rolled over (again) on the freeway, the plan is to get to MCO around 2:55PM. As I said in the last update, that should (dramatic emphasis on *should*) put us to CSR around 4:15 or before. That is assuming we don't have the luck of a Trump advisor at any given time.

I've done a fair amount of research and it looks like in terms of a short walk to the bus (huge for me) and a relatively short walk to the lobby, the best bet is the Cabanas 8A building. I could be wrong, and pretty often am. Honestly, I'm keenly interested in hearing your experiences with this resort and specifically your location comments. I am using Touring Plans and they have done okay by me in the past. I like the theming of the Ranchos better, so I won't be too disappointed with any location I get, but for now, I'm going to put in a request for the Cabanas.

We have zero plans to use the pool, and I suppose we will probably stay out of the sandbox too. We have no plans to eat any meals at the resort at all either, so none of those features were taken into consideration. What I AM looking forward to is being near AK and the short bus ride there for our EMH morning on Monday, May 6th. I'm also pretty excited about staying at a new-to-me resort too. I have several left on my list to get to, and this is one. In September, I'll knock off one more when I stay at CBR.

Anyway, this also looks like a very nice resort to do some night photography at as well, so am looking forward to that. Here is a sampling of that:

View attachment 380303

41508_101_z-1-990x556.jpg

Disneys-Coronado-Springs-Resort-4-1024x683.jpg

And there it is. The plan for where we'll lay our heads each night. I know it has a reputation of being "only a convention resort" and "too out of the way", but I'll try anything once. If I don't like it, at least I'll be able to say why.

Anyone stayed there? What are your thoughts or comments? Any hidden gems to look for? Other ideas on best room locations?
Love, love, love Coronado. And although Ranchos are pretty, the Cabanas are fantastic. They are in a good location, too, & I think you’ll love them. And even if you don’t plan to swim, at least check out the pool, it’s pretty fab.

So excited for you! It’s a magical resort, the theming is spot on and the rooms are so nice.

This dinner at O'hana is going to be a very large and noisy gathering with dozens of lovely ladies, most of whom our traveler has not met. I see laughter, introductions, stories being shared, ridiculousness. I see friendships being forged and more food than any of them can possibly eat arriving at their tables. I see heartburn and indigestion for days.

Sooooo excited for this dinner!!!

We stayed at CSR for one night a few years back. It worked out that flights were better one day in advance and we couldn't get a room at our main resort so we just stayed for the arrival night.

I'm glad Disney makes it so easy to do this. I did a triple split stay many years ago, and honestly, it was pretty easy to swing.

We ate both dinner arrival night and breakfast the next day at Pepper Market, which I thought was pretty good.

I don't have plans right now to do that, but you never know. I think the name has changed since then to El Mercado something or rather, but either way, I love a Mexican-style breakfast any day of the week.

Our room was in the Ranchos section which was quite a hike from the main building with the food and shops. We didn't use the bus system cause when we got up, we packed up our bags and had the bellman pick them up and take them to the next resort. After breakfast we caught the bus from the main stop in front of the resort. I remember we waited quite a while for that bus.

Hopefully the bus system has improved since then. If we find it's an issue the first day, I'll use a Lyft the 2nd and 3rd mornings.

O'hana is one of my favorite restaurants, but we don't get there often. I love the Lapu Lapu! My favorite is the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding, so yummy!

Only been once and while I did enjoy the food, it's pricey for how much I eat. Buffets are harder for me to justify, but will make an exception if others are involved. :)

Joining in! :flower1::daisy::flower:

A big, wonderful :welcome::welcome::welcome: to you!! So happy you're here and joining in!

Love, love, love Coronado. And although Ranchos are pretty, the Cabanas are fantastic. They are in a good location, too, & I think you’ll love them. And even if you don’t plan to swim, at least check out the pool, it’s pretty fab.

I think, well hope anyway, that I'm making the right choice. I just know so little about the place especially with all the changes due to the construction. We shall see!!!!

I will definitely check the pool out as I do want to take a little walk and get some night shots of the resort. :)

So excited for you! It’s a magical resort, the theming is spot on and the rooms are so nice.

I can't wait!!!!

E is for: Eager to "EPCOT" Excellently

After living big at O'hana and finding plenty of mischief afterwards the night before, we'll wake to a brand new day full of possibilities- why yes, it'll be one of those Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrows. Every Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow should include ample amounts of food, so we'll be headed to EPCOT to a Festival that helped to cement my permalove for the Florida parks: The Flower and Garden Festival. It was 2006 and it was the last time my Gramma went to a Disney park with me. We shared the special memories I have of slowly wandering through the Butterfly Garden pointing the butterflies out to each other as we spotted them. I have very few other memories of that trip with her, but that one is quite clear. Back then I don't recall there being any food booths, but I do remember the incredible topiaries, the huge display here:

festival-14.jpg

and the various other smaller gardening and floral displays throughout the park. I knew I had to go back. I also knew that if I wanted to go back often, I'd have to find a skill and job that would allow me too. It pays to work hard for something you love! So to the several of you out there who went back to school and are working towards degrees... it's all worth it! Keep up the hard work, push through, your reward is out there!

The plan is to RD the park and do a few rides in Future World first. It's a short list of Soarin', SE, and Living with the Land. I think that's about all Mom is going to be interested in. And that's okay, because there is plenty to be done aside from attractions.

I'm having a hard time finding a definitive list of the various gardens to see, but theses are a few I'd like to find that should be there:

English Tea Garden
Rainforest Garden
Shakespeare Garden

ETA: Did a bit more digging, and came up with this link which lists quite a few more

Mom does love WS and I think she'd enjoy all of the shows in the pavilions that have them:
O Canada!
Impressions de France
VOL
The China Show (does that even have a name?)

No plans to make an ADR. Why, when there's 13 kiosks of food to try?! And there are so many ladies from the group who will be eating and drinking their way around the World?

Another thing that we're going to try VERY hard to do is see the Garden Rocks show that's playing that night: Herman and the Hermits. Mom was pretty excited to hear they were playing so we'll try to catch the 5:30 show before we'll need to head out to our next big adventure for the evening. Stay tuned... our evening is ship-shaping up to have a very sweet ending. ;)

Last edited:
Flower and Garden is the best time to visit Epcot, in my opinion. My absolute favorite time of year to see the park. (I'm gutted I'll be arriving 7 days AFTER the festival is over.:sad:) I have no doubt you will have a wonderful time wandering around WS, seeing some of the shows, and checking out the gardens. Fingers crossed you can see Herman and the Hermits.

we'll be headed to EPCOT to a Festival that helped to cement my permalove for the Florida parks: The Flower and Garden Festival.

I loooove F&G! That's so exciting :)

It was 2006 and it was the last time my Gramma went to a Disney park with me. We shared the special memories I have of slowly wandering through the Butterfly Garden pointing the butterflies out to each other as we spotted them. I have very few other memories of that trip with her, but that one is quite clear.

What a beautiful memory :goodvibes

why yes, it'll be one of those Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrows. Every Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow should include ample amounts of food, so we'll be headed to EPCOT to a Festival that helped to cement my permalove for the Florida parks: The Flower and Garden Festival.
It is such a wonderful time of year to enjoy!

The plan is to RD the park and do a few rides in Future World first. It's a short list of Soarin', SE, and Living with the Land. I think that's about all Mom is going to be interested in. And that's okay, because there is plenty to be done aside from attractions.
There is so much to see and enjoy!

I'm having a hard time finding a definitive list of the various gardens to see, but theses are a few I'd like to find that should be there:
I am really looking forward to the English Tea garden.

No plans to make an ADR. Why, when there's 13 kiosks of food to try?! And there are so many ladies from the group who will be eating and drinking their way around the World?
The menus look FABULOUS! I have a very long list of things to try.

I am sooooo looking forward to spending time at the Flower and Garden Fest. The menus look really good this year, and I'm hoping they don't disappoint.

Ooooh! I wasn't too far behind over here!

I don't have plans right now to do that, but you never know. I think the name has changed since then to El Mercado something or rather, but either way, I love a Mexican-style breakfast any day of the week.

Actually when we were there they had different sections with all different types of foods, you could order from all of them or just one and take your tray to the register and pay. It was kind of nice since Fran and I don't always want to eat the same nationality of food.

Back then I don't recall there being any food booths,

No, those are a relatively recent addition, I think more than five years ago, but less than 10. They didn't have them in 2011.

Don't forget that each country has a topiary, plus there are a bunch in Future World.

No plans to make an ADR. Why, when there's 13 kiosks of food to try?!

That's my plan for our Epcot days as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter