The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

I'm here!! Really hoping to keep up with this trip report. I'm such a bad trip report reader. :-( Hope you have an amazing 2 trips and will definitely be praying for the trip to Africa. I have a friend who is planning her 3rd mission trip to Rwanda and is going on a mission trip to India in March.

Kim

My prayers and thoughts go with you on this amazing mission trip. I am amazed at all you and your team will accomplish. Praying for safe travels and open hearts as you go.

Sheila

Mmmm, and it's delicious too!

Calories?

Considering that a whole day has gone by already.... yeah, going pretty quickly!

Good!

True! Either way, you come out a winner. East or West. Unless you're going to Hawaii. Then you lose.

Yeah.... Don't I know it!

Okay. I'll go. ;)

Good choice. ;)

How was your nap?

I couldn't decide to have one or not.
Should I? No. Yes... maybe...

Apparently, the property that MCO sits on used to be an Air Force base called McCoy. When it went private, they just kept the original letters of that. Huh!

Cool factoid!

And thanks, PK. :) Yes, see you at the Party along with Kelly. :santa:

:goodvibes

Okay, so Liesa needs new glasses then. My mistake, it wasn't the keyboard.

:laughing:

This doesn't surprise me as much as it might, since I know why O'Hare is called ORD. How many other people know?

I didn't. Googled it!

I’m a new(ish) Dis-er and while my family has only made one trip to WDW so far, we hope to make many more when Life (and finances :rolleyes2) allow. Until that time, I’ll gladly get my Disney fix by following your great adventure.

It’s especially fun to read along because I’m also a mama to five :P:P8-)8-):P and a nurse who works pre/post-op. My kiddos are all 10 and under, so a different but equally exciting stage of life. So just wanted to say :wave2: and I can’t wait to read all about your big trip!

Haven't commented in altogether too long, but I've been here reading and following along. I hope this upcoming adventure goes well and is everything you've spent so many months planning for it to be. I'll be here sending good thoughts your way and keeping you and your team in my prayers.
(And man, if I wasn't going to be out of town I totally would have seen what I could've done about having a DISmeet in the Brussells airport. That's only about 2.5 hours away from me.:rotfl2:)

That's gonna stink. Hoping you're so tired from the Africa experience (sounds like a really busy schedule), you'll be able to sleep on the plane so you'll be able to survive work.

Me too!!!

And I was told today I wouldn't be scheduled until the 5th. So that's good! I can sleep the 4th!

Okay, so Liesa needs new glasses then. My mistake, it wasn't the keyboard.

Actually, I do. But not eligible for insurance bennie until January. Ah well.

:wave:

I knew this!

You is smart!!

Wishing you safe travels and a grand adventure!

Thank you so much, Irene!! So close!!

This doesn't surprise me as much as it might, since I know why O'Hare is called ORD. How many other people know?

OH? I did NOT know... Googling now. I love trivia like this!

I'm here!! Really hoping to keep up with this trip report. I'm such a bad trip report reader. :-( Hope you have an amazing 2 trips and will definitely be praying for the trip to Africa. I have a friend who is planning her 3rd mission trip to Rwanda and is going on a mission trip to India in March.

Kim

A very hearty and heartfelt welcome to you, Kim!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Keep up as you are comfortable. No pressure at all. :)

There is so much work to be done there and I'm happy to be part of it. Thank you for praying for us! Those are very valued!

My prayers and thoughts go with you on this amazing mission trip. I am amazed at all you and your team will accomplish. Praying for safe travels and open hearts as you go.

Sheila

Thank you so much, Sheila!! Good things are in store and I'm pumped to be part of it!

Calories?

Those don't count at Disney, right?

I couldn't decide to have one or not.
Should I? No. Yes... maybe...

My guess is you did not. :/

I didn't. Googled it!

Now ya know!

I’m a new(ish) Dis-er and while my family has only made one trip to WDW so far, we hope to make many more when Life (and finances :rolleyes2) allow. Until that time, I’ll gladly get my Disney fix by following your great adventure.

Oh wow!!! So, SO nice to have you along!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

I am happy to take you along and help you live a vicarious Disney life through my eyes. :) Lots of adventures to come....:goodvibes

It’s especially fun to read along because I’m also a mama to five :P:P8-)8-):P and a nurse who works pre/post-op. My kiddos are all 10 and under, so a different but equally exciting stage of life. So just wanted to say :wave2: and I can’t wait to read all about your big trip!

We are like Sisters already!!! :banana: Wonderful to have a fellow RN along for the ride!

Yes, that stage came and went so quickly. I look back and wonder at times where it all went!

Thank you for saying hello and I'll do my best to bring you all the adventures we have. Stay tuned... :surfweb:

Haven't commented in altogether too long, but I've been here reading and following along. I hope this upcoming adventure goes well and is everything you've spent so many months planning for it to be. I'll be here sending good thoughts your way and keeping you and your team in my prayers.
(And man, if I wasn't going to be out of town I totally would have seen what I could've done about having a DISmeet in the Brussells airport. That's only about 2.5 hours away from me.:rotfl2:)

I have definitely missed you!! :) Glad you are back and :welcome: Steppe Into Adventure! I think we're set to go for a Saturday blast off. 3 weeks of a study in contrasts. LOL!

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers! They are VERY appreciated! :hug:

I have NO idea how long our layover is in Brussels. Not even sure if we're leaving the airport as I wasn't the one who got the tix. :) But that would've been nice to meet up for sure!

Hi, Liesa! I'm here! Jeesh, I fall behind for a few days, and I miss FIVE pages!?

For my 50th birthday, I set out on a new goal to become a private pilot. I have completed a ground school and will attempt the written exam sometime in the Spring. Need to do a ton more studying this winter, but not until after I return from my adventures…

I love the way you're continually pushing yourself to learn and grow. This is awesome!

I’ve never seen the castle light up with the white lights, nor any of the Holiday Trees sprinkled throughout the parks. To see it snow on Main Street kinda tickles my fancy. I am confident I won’t be disappointed.

I suspect you will be appropriately impressed! Crowds and prices are lame over the holidays, especially closer to the big Christmas week, but the atmosphere and decor can't be beat!

Suffice to say, I’ll be: on Disney Property, wait forever for every bus ride I take, pay 4 times for meals than I know better to, eat far too many fattening, but very delicious, snacks, cause my Disney Visa to need ongoing therapy, and make not a little merry.

Sounds about right!

Your Sierra Leone itinerary is so exciting! I'm hoping and praying for you that everything goes just as smoothly as you've optimistically predicted. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Hi, Liesa! I'm here! Jeesh, I fall behind for a few days, and I miss FIVE pages!?

EAsy peasy to catch up. Mostly, replies and chatter. :)

I love the way you're continually pushing yourself to learn and grow. This is awesome!

Keeps me sharp... ish. ;)

I suspect you will be appropriately impressed! Crowds and prices are lame over the holidays, especially closer to the big Christmas week, but the atmosphere and decor can't be beat!

I hope it's not too ramped up crowd-wise in mid-November. We shall see....

But definitely looking forward to the decorations!

Sounds about right!

Your Sierra Leone itinerary is so exciting! I'm hoping and praying for you that everything goes just as smoothly as you've optimistically predicted. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Thanks so much, Meghan! Tons to look forward to for sure! Both in my doing and then my telling. :)

Here today, somewhere amazing tomorrow. Meanwhile, let’s hope for no more exploding camera batteries at MCO! Apparently, they can shut down entire airports for hours. :scared1:

But first, will Tate get his PDX trendy on and catch a carpet selfie? Grab a latte?

Tomorrow’s the day! With or without (fill in the blank) Steppe and Tater are takin’ off!

Adventuuuuuuuure is ouuuuuuut there!!!!!!

As always ,sorry I've been a little MIA. Tis the season at work and craziest has already begun. Early 2AM/10 hour day the last two weeks and I think it will be the norm till the holiday. 6 days for sure and rumor is they may have a few Sunday in there too.:faint:

Hope I'm not too late to....

Wish you Safe travels, a wonderful adventure and new amazing memories!!
Hope all your plans go well and as I tell my kids when they go out the door.. Be Safe, Be Smart (you're an adult, you can define your "smart" actions as you see fit:rolleyes1) and have FUN!

I can't help to join in on the group trend to remind you, please don't lose your camera:rolleyes:
Have you thought about a tracking device for that thing?:laughing: Hopefully, between your daughter and later with Pkondz they will help you out!

:hug:
Shelly

P.S. Don't forget your camera!
I was thinking more about don't leave your camera in the rental car or
Here today, somewhere amazing tomorrow. Meanwhile, let’s hope for no more exploding camera batteries at MCO! Apparently, they can shut down entire airports for hours. :scared1:

But first, will Tate get his PDX trendy on and catch a carpet selfie? Grab a latte?

Tomorrow’s the day! With or without (fill in the blank) Steppe and Tater are takin’ off!

Adventuuuuuuuure is ouuuuuuut there!!!!!!
Liesa, as previously mentioned...praying for you, the team and the trip.
I would say have a blast, but knowing your personality, I EXPECT that.
Also praying your flights and layovers and customs are SMOOTH all the way.
Andy may need a GPS tracker for his mom...you might want one for your camera. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter