The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

OK Still on the meds, so limited comments. Sorry you were feeling icky, but glad you were up enough to dance. Nice pictures with the natives, and that they were eager to take part. The hired folks did a nice job in fixing up your tent for the event! It looks like it was very nice.

IT was a very nice fundraising dinner and they did do a very nice job with turning it into a festive atmosphere. :)

Yes, these Norco 10s are quite the thing. I have taken them sparingly in the past when I have severe trauma, but this is the most ongoing time I've used them. I'm trying to stay ahead of the pain and between the pills and a topical thing that can be applied 4x daily, I'm keeping myself from excruciating pain. I don't know what folks with only ibuprofen would be doing!

How are you feeling today? I hope very soon you can taper off the Norco and get to feeling better, Alison! Mike is feeling better after his procedure yesterday.

New place looks great! I imagine you're looking forward to trying it out for the first time tomorrow. :)
Good luck! I'm sure there will be kinks to work out.

It's so HUGE!!!!! We're still (on Day 4 now) working out the kinks of where to store things and finding stuff. But it's fun to be part of the decision making along the way.

Not sure what else to say, except WOW!

A lot of work, but tomorrow should be rewarding.

It was so much work!!! My legs and feet hurt quite a lot after the long weekend of moving heavy boxes and something like 30,000 steps. (love my apple watch!) Crazy! But the first week is going VERY smoothly and everyone is pretty excited to be in the new place. So much more room and storage.

How are you feeling today? I hope very soon you can taper off the Norco and get to feeling better, Alison! Mike is feeling better after his procedure yesterday.

I'm still pretty fuzzy. I didn't realize that i was going to hurt this much afterwards. They gave me Norco 500s, but I'm still taking half of Fran's Norco 10s. Less Acetiminaphen. Bout time for another. The Halcion really put me out yesterday and i slept really hard last night. Still can't eat solid food, but the pain in my mouth is different now. Weird.

Your previous surgery center was outdoors???? :eek:

:lmao:

The new place looks good, but i hope for the patients sake the curtains go up before the procedures begin!

If you look closely, they are there. Just pulled back. But this is recovery, not the ORs. Those have doors. ;)

You guys sound like you’ve never had surgery al fresco. Get with the times! It’s all the rage.

Most patients are covered except for the part being operated on. If it's a "top job" it's very much al fresco.

Recovery al fresco.

Recovery al fresco is due to the less than flattering gowns that open in the back.

Wow! I don't even like moving my own stuff so to move for work is impressive!

It took about 75 people 2 days to make that happen. By Monday morning, we were safely doing surgeries!

I'm looking for an arm transplant with a bonus tummy tuck - can you hook me up? :rotfl:

Yep, got ya covered. WE do tummies all day long! And all kinds of other plastics work.

Yes. I like snakes.

Uh, huh.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...andon-church-crookham-hampshire-a8176521.html

I've not been to that or Whispering Canyon, but imagine they are similar in role playing waitstaff? I wonder if it's also akin to the new Skippers. Which I also sadly have not been to. I think those types of places might be less fun as a solo traveler than when in a big group. ?? Just a hunch?

I've been to skippers. It was cute. Food was okay.
Whispering Canyon I would not do again without kids. Antics are a bit more... juvenile.
50s.... You yourself are demanding good fried chicken at the Plaza in April. Well, I can get good fried chicken, excellent onion rings and a delicious PB&J shake at 50s. And the staff are fun and friendly, not annoying.

Well, there's more Tate to come in following chapters, so stay tuned for more ridiculous ploys at making an original TR. His antics never cease.

Okay! :)

You flip people off regularly?

Actually.... that's something I almost never do. I've probably only done it... dunno... a handful of times in my life?

LOL!!! Considering I'm the only one who cleans.... :rolleyes:

::yes::

I've collected it every time I went. Each time there was a different movie that'd come out or a new character they were promoting, and those boxes fit quite a lot of stuff. So yeah. Got lots. ;)

:faint:

That's me! Hard to justify taking the time out of a pretty planned out schedule.

Yep. $100 would be nice, but.... when you have limited time, it feels like to get that $100, I'm giving up $500 worth of time.

But I could save that once a year for B&C?

Nah. You'll head for the ditch again. You'll opt for a buzz over a brain freeze. :)

Yep. Your little nudge was all it took. Pushed submit 3 minutes ago with an uploaded photo.

Let me know how it goes!

Uh, huh. and you think the escargot that you've had were raised there at the restaurant?

tired, jet lagged, AND sick.

:hug:

I was given a huge bath sheet. But, being brand new, it still had the sizing on it. So it didn't wick up water off a wet body very well. Plus, once a towel is damp, ain't no way it's gonna be dry by evening. Using damp towels was the norm. And sucked.

Ew. Yeah, I can see how that would get old pretty quickly.

I have no explanation. ?? Didn't want to put my feet up with only a skirt on? (Guy on balcony across.)

:laughing: Looks like you do have an explanation!

LOL!! At least I wasn't pantsless. ;) (And, no, he wasn't. haha)

:laughing:

Someone is bound to fall down them at some point. Glad it wasn't me.

Me too!

LOL! The fish was so good! Nothing like fresh fish. Fried with simple seasonings.

::yes::

There were quite a few conversations like this. It was refreshing to have different perspectives at the table and not have immature bickering or resentment.

Uh, oh..... that happen often?

I'm sure it was time well spent. Construction workers aren't mind readers and not everything is on the plans. Over there, it's plain laziness or lack of knowlege or skill.

This I believe.

I wasn't going to trust that either of those steps were taken.

No. I meant you boil and filter it.

In hot houses? It would be quite a sight to see a banana tree with snow on it.

No. Not in hot houses.

The guys wearing the tuxes at the fundraiser had no small amount of sweat on them.

I bet! :faint:

If it's gone much more, I'd have had to pay in monthly installments.

I don't know whether to :laughing: or :scared:

You have no idea the amount of explaining of that concept I had to do to get them to understand that. :faint:

:sad2:

I still use them for my gravy and/or stuffing.

Ah ha!!! Lies! So you have had them!!!

It was just the holiday season and I was told that there were many parties going on all over the city. They called it Festival Time. Perhaps they had other things they needed to go to?

ah.

I have no explanation. ?? Didn't want to put my feet up with only a skirt on? (Guy on balcony across.)
Well, using the same logic you used when DD pants herself at Disney...it's not like you'll see him again!

LOL!! At least I wasn't pantsless. ;) (And, no, he wasn't. haha)
And how exactly would you know that if you weren't looking? Hmmm?. :lmao:

There were quite a few conversations like this. It was refreshing to have different perspectives at the table and not have immature bickering or resentment.
That would be refreshing. Seems most times those types of conversations are so polarized, neither side wants to listen. :sad2:

Stupid is as stupid does.
HEY!!! No need to bring me into this conversation...I WAS being nice.

The guys wearing the tuxes at the fundraiser had no small amount of sweat on them.
In a way this surprises me...I would expect them to be used to the heat and even with the tuxes, not be too sweaty. When I was in Jamaica, we were sweating, but the locals weren't.

Yay for the new facility! It is so nice working in a new place. You may have seen on Facebook but my employer built a new hospital that we moved into this past April. Quite the undertaking! A great experience though which I am sure it was for you too!

So sorry it's taken so long to get back to this thread and get replies done! Coming off of WAY too many days of work in a row. But, finally have some days off to get stuff done! :)

The new place is so wonderful. Of course it has it's multitude of things that need to be figured out and we're still in the process of re-arranging things and finding homes for the supplies, but it's really coming together nicely. Best part is we all feel safe to do what we do. I'm sure you can relate to all of this having just moved yourself. Quite an undertaking, as you say!

That's a shame. But I think pkondz nailed how it happens.

The trash is everywhere, so of this I have no doubt. That there is no citywide trash service, it's a huge problem.

Wow, that's impressive. Our breakfast conversation rarely rises above grunts, unless it's to ask if there's any more coffee.

We don't even have a family breakfast, so there's that.

Man, I can't even imagine how long things must take to get done. It's a different world.

Abu is a great case in point. A little boy who more than clearly needed medical help months ago still lingers in a broken system requiring fees and bribes just to get him a simple lab result. Disgusting.

Yikes. I'd be totally lost. I don't have any formal gowns.

Such a shame... they're fun to wear!

I can't even imagine. We complain about a lot of stupid stuff.

Indeed! Puts a whole new perspective on our pretty posh (comparatively) lifestyles.

Wow, that is great! I hope whoever won it is enjoying it.

Me too. I'd have LOVED to have been able to bring it home.

Subtle shout out. Thanks.

Any time, my friend.

My African dance moves would look exactly like my American dance moves. I can do the 360-degree wobble.

That sounds like cheesy Jr. High "slow dancing". ;)

And we love you for it!

I think I owe you guesses for the last contest round. I'll try and get around to that soon.

Got them. Tabulating soon.

Thanks! I can't wait to get back to eating yummy food (although I did have some pretty yummy food yesterday, it just hurt a lot to eat it!). I'm so desperate tonight, I stayed home from band because playing my saxophone terrified me. I've chopped up all the ingredients for a bunless burger and I'm just waiting for the ground beef to thaw in a water bath, then I'll make the equivalent of a burger scramble! :laughing: sans egg.

That actually sounds pretty good right now. I'm hungry this morning, and I think I have a bit of leftover beef to make a bit of steak and eggs.

How are you feeling today? Starting to be able to taper off those meds?

Somebody has to do it.

Party I mean.

I have 5 days off in a row now.... Imma party with bill paying, laundry (again), cleaning toilets...:rolleyes2

You went commando... again???

:lmao:

Oh heavens no. I rocked my ancient granny undies. (And prayed like never before I'd not get in an accident in which anyone'd see them)

You know, all I've got to say is that you have to respect a woman who requires an "again" qualifier after the words "went commando" :rotfl:

Everyone's known for something. ;)

I can go a month without doing laundry before this becomes a problem for me. Normally i do laundry more often, but sometimes the clean laundry sits in the basket in the laundry room waiting to be folded, hung up, etc.

So just like here. I did it 4 days ago, and it's in a giant heap on my bedroom floor. On today's illustrious list of "stuff to do".

Thanks! I cant wait for this to be over!

Hope you're doing better today!

Literally no one needs or wants to see that.

I needed a good chuckle today to start off my days off palooza.

Well, out of the items I can pronounce, Mignon of Beef would be right up my alley. I don't see any potato offerings for this meat-and-potatoes guy, but carrots would work fine on the side. And apple pie for dessert? Sign me up.

I'll go with the cream cheese pretzel.

Of course. Steppe loves her shopping

Well, I've got a weird one for you. My church was founded in 2010--it was a church plant started by my previous church that was much closer to our house, so we were part of the volunteers that went to go start it. We've been meeting in a high school auditorium for the last several years while we raise funds and purchase land and build our permanent building. So as a result, we have to pay rent for our space and 1) have to be judicious about the number of times we use the space, and 2) are often at the whims of the school district as far as when the building is actually open.

So, for the last several years, we have not had a traditional Christmas Eve service, because I believe the building is closed and workers are off that day. So we've been having a service on "Christmas Eve Eve" instead. This leaves the evening of Dec. 24 wide open, and we've actually come to really enjoy having that time to ourselves as a family. We usually give everyone new pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. At some point in the last few years, we were just joking around and thought it would be funny to take the kids to the Waffle House for dinner on Christmas Eve in their new pajamas. Why did we think of this? I don't know. Were we drunk? Maybe. In any case, we did it on a whim and laughed about it the whole time. We were the only people in there, left a big Christmas tip for the server, and had a great time.

So now, we have dinner at the Waffle House on Christmas Eve. We leave a big tip. And sometimes we go to the movies afterwards, since nobody is there, either. It's turned into a really memorable family night.

All noted. And I adore this tradition! How completely fun is this?! (Not to mention smothered, covered and chunked!) We do the pajamas gift tradition as well, but here it's full-on big dinners and 40,000 people for days.

Nope...don't shop at Target since they got hacked AND decided to let men use women's bathrooms.

To quote from (well maybe paraphrasing...not sure it's an EXACT quote) Big Hero 6...
Right side out, inside out, front to back and then inside out again. Plenty of underwear life. :lmao:

I did my laundry JUST in time to not have to resort to "camping mode".

The kids do. I'm too self-conscious. Besides, everyone knows that adults are only supposed to go to the Walmart in their pajamas.

Sadly, it's even in my local Safeway now too. :scared:

I'm still pretty fuzzy. I didn't realize that i was going to hurt this much afterwards. They gave me Norco 500s, but I'm still taking half of Fran's Norco 10s. Less Acetiminaphen. Bout time for another. The Halcion really put me out yesterday and i slept really hard last night. Still can't eat solid food, but the pain in my mouth is different now. Weird.

Norco 500's? As in the Tylenol component was the Extra Strength- making it Vicodin. I didn't realize they made that anymore. Maybe they re-introduced it when they upped the Tylenol limits again.

Halcion will certainly do that!!!! Be careful with that! I gave that a lot during my rotation in the State Hospital.

Still doing soups and soft foods?

I don't think I'd let one do that. Ever. People confuse animals with humans and think they think like humans do. Animals still have their animal instincts. Respect them for what they are. I think they are fascinating and often times very pretty in coloring and pattern. Some are even nice to touch. :) Just my humble opinion, realizing it's very different than most other folks'.

I've been to skippers. It was cute. Food was okay.
Whispering Canyon I would not do again without kids. Antics are a bit more... juvenile.
50s.... You yourself are demanding good fried chicken at the Plaza in April. Well, I can get good fried chicken, excellent onion rings and a delicious PB&J shake at 50s. And the staff are fun and friendly, not annoying.

Yes, I am. Well... not demanding, but... requesting? Perhaps I should put 50s on the should-try list.

Actually.... that's something I almost never do. I've probably only done it... dunno... a handful of times in my life?

Me neither. Seems somewhat (ok, a lot) immature.

Yep. $100 would be nice, but.... when you have limited time, it feels like to get that $100, I'm giving up $500 worth of time.

And yes, good way to look at that. I paid a lot to be there in the first place and giving that up would be pretty hard.

Nah. You'll head for the ditch again. You'll opt for a buzz over a brain freeze. :)

No, I want both, in the form of a frozen marg. ;)

Uh, huh. and you think the escargot that you've had were raised there at the restaurant?

NO, but assumed it was fresh from somewhere? Perhaps naive.

Ew. Yeah, I can see how that would get old pretty quickly.

Yep!

:laughing: Looks like you do have an explanation!

Not bad for a good old educated guess!

Uh, oh..... that happen often?

Seems to nowadays. The art of debate and having differing opinions on matters seems to be lost.

Ah ha!!! Lies! So you have had them!!!
Okay, fine. Minced up tiny in stuffing. Not whole on skewers.

Well, using the same logic you used when DD pants herself at Disney...it's not like you'll see him again!

Very true. :)

And how exactly would you know that if you weren't looking? Hmmm?. :lmao:

Okay, fine. A valid point.

That would be refreshing. Seems most times those types of conversations are so polarized, neither side wants to listen. :sad2:

23926628_1664867636866745_8335974694559623041_o.jpg

In a way this surprises me...I would expect them to be used to the heat and even with the tuxes, not be too sweaty. When I was in Jamaica, we were sweating, but the locals weren't.

Well, to be fair, they were working too stacking chairs, undecorating, etc...

Okay My Friends...

I have caught up on all of your lovely threads. Thank you for a wonderful afternoon of reading all about Disney (and other great places to visit!) and seeing some beautiful photos of the same. As you know I'd gotten pretty well behind everywhere with working my own behind off (I wish) with almost 2 straight weeks of work. We are settling into our new surgical center well and have had a week of safe procedures and recoveries. Nevertheless, I've come home pretty wiped out. I apologize for the fewer than normal replies on your threads.

Be assured I have read and am feeling pretty caught up now. So!!!! That means it's time to start writing tomorrow. :) Which means if you haven't gotten your guesses in for Letter H, you'd better. :)

Last edited:
Did a brief catch up... some of the topics kind of ran together, so with that in mind for group Halloween costumes you could be the Queen of hearts and the others could be the playing cards. Or you could recycle your nurse costume and they could be various patients (I was picturing poor Tate and his missing arm, and the “spare parts” you have at home)

Does this mean a fall trip has been planned? Have dates been set?

Do I still have time to go back for this installment of your contest?

Did a brief catch up... some of the topics kind of ran together, so with that in mind for group Halloween costumes you could be the Queen of hearts and the others could be the playing cards. Or you could recycle your nurse costume and they could be various patients (I was picturing poor Tate and his missing arm, and the “spare parts” you have at home)

Does this mean a fall trip has been planned? Have dates been set?

Do I still have time to go back for this installment of your contest?

Hey Lady! :) Thanks for the ideas. Nothing has been set yet just that it’s a big family trip in October, 2019. I did buy our tix and that’s as far as we’ve gotten. I think we’re going to have a planning day tomorrow maybe. ?? Not sure if the “kids” are coming over. Need to decide on a resort first.

Yes, you do! Get yer guesses in!

How are you feeling today? Starting to be able to taper off those meds?

Thanks for asking. I still have discomfort in my mouth. But yesterday i started taking half of the Norco 500-325's instead of the 10s. I thought they were called Vicodin in that strength, but the bottle says Norco.

So just like here. I did it 4 days ago, and it's in a giant heap on my bedroom floor. On today's illustrious list of "stuff to do".

I did it like two weeks ago, the day Amelia came home. We hung up and put away all the previous clean laundry that day in preparation for her arrival, and the load that was in the washer sits in baskets on the floor.

Norco 500's? As in the Tylenol component was the Extra Strength- making it Vicodin. I didn't realize they made that anymore. Maybe they re-introduced it when they upped the Tylenol limits again.

I'm not up on meds, and its been years since Fran had anything that week. She mostly has the stronger things.

Halcion will certainly do that!!!! Be careful with that! I gave that a lot during my rotation in the State Hospital.

I only got two pills of that. Wednesday afternoon was a total blur. It was worse than an alcoholic blackout.

Still doing soups and soft foods?

::yes:: I'm experimenting with chewing on that side of my mouth again.

Be assured I have read and am feeling pretty caught up now. So!!!! That means it's time to start writing tomorrow. :) Which means if you haven't gotten your guesses in for Letter H, you'd better. :)

Today is my first day of trying just Ibuprofen, so I'll go back and read the contest for the PM stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!