The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

Hi Irene! Been a spell since I've seen you!

So, I'm behind on actual TR quoting, but this cracked me up. One of dd's friends went to Tampa over Winter Break, and he was telling everyone how it got to 60 degrees, and people were wearing earmuffs. She thought that was pretty much the funniest thing ever...

OH man! That IS funny! Earmuffs? Just wow, you might die it's so cold! :lmao:

Priorities... I gotta agree with yours!

It doesn't take much to make me happy. A little coffee in the morning goes a LONG way to make this girl ready to tackle the world. :drinking1

This is definitely an interesting version of Chinatown!

It was for sure. Run by legit Chinese too, in fact.

So, I'm behind on actual TR quoting, but this cracked me up. One of dd's friends went to Tampa over Winter Break, and he was telling everyone how it got to 60 degrees, and people were wearing earmuffs. She thought that was pretty much the funniest thing ever...
Reminds me of when I was stationed in Korea. I had been stationed in Las Vegas, so when I got there, I was running around in a coat and long pants while everyone else was in shorts and a t-shirt. I'm sure they thought I was pretty funny. ;) If you've ever watched MASH, the bitter cold they talk about is not at all a joke. When winter actually hit, I was bundling up as much as I could...was not a fun winter. :sad2:

It was already muggy enough to wish clothing was optional. Then again, Steppe has been known to conveniently forget certain wardrobe accoutrements now and again.

:eek:

I arose with high hopes of a nice warm shower, but instead was met with a 10-gallon bucket of cold water, a cup to pour it with, and a prayer I’d make it out of the shower area alive.

The Four Seasons this ain't.

While not a meal I’d choose (ever), when that’s what is offered, one puts on a smile, graciously accepts, and chooses to be thankful.

Yep. Beggars can't be choosers.

Sometime around 10:00 or so, our rides arrived and we no sooner turned the corner out of our compound that we heard an ominous “POP!” and “pffffffszzz”. In less than 5 minutes, we’d been rudely made aware of the realities of driving in Sierra Leone.

Well, we're off to a rollicking good start here.

I was quickly fomenting a love affair with all things involving carrying things on heads. This is a deep mystery to me as to how it’s done.

That amazes me as well. I would break everything within 3 steps.

They surrounded your car, making it doubly difficult to proceed, and that was on top of the hundreds of motorbikes and other cars competing for the same one lane of road space. Let me paint a picture for you which was true of every car ride we took anywhere. A backseat meant for 2, in a pinch 3, was filled with 4, and sometimes 5, people. It was already 85 degrees out with the humidity bearing down on us like a pedicure “hot towel”. Suffocating in clean air is bad enough, but throw in the exhaust from a few dozen cars only feet from you, which have never seen an emissions test, the term “I might actually die in here” frequented my thoughts.

Ugh. That sounds terrifying.

Please note the degree of filth:

IMG_6014-L.jpg

It breaks my heart that people live in these conditions, and it's considered "normal".

Luckily, someone suggested we be taken out to some fast food that would be somewhat unique to our trip- schwarma and fries.

Schwarma! You are eating like a superhero!

We spent quite a while just talking about our expectations, hopes for our time there, needs, etc… (the cynical side of me screamed, “Just find my French Press.”)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Now… I’ll bet you’re wondering about this “Chinatown”. Its entirety was one building that housed a hotel, presumably for Chinese tourists or businessfolk and this restaurant and event venue.

:rotfl2: Well, as long as the description fits.

@Captain_Oblivious, did you want to guess at Questions 1-6? If so, get your PM to me. Update goes up later today. ;)

Others, last fair warning. It's not too late to play. Prizes are pretty coolio. :)

Reminds me of when I was stationed in Korea. I had been stationed in Las Vegas, so when I got there, I was running around in a coat and long pants while everyone else was in shorts and a t-shirt. I'm sure they thought I was pretty funny. ;) If you've ever watched MASH, the bitter cold they talk about is not at all a joke. When winter actually hit, I was bundling up as much as I could...was not a fun winter. :sad2:

That just sounds horrible! I hate to be cold and I still get chilled in what consider pretty mild (50-65). I understand all too well about acclimatization.

The Four Seasons this ain't.

Uh, no.

Well, we're off to a rollicking good start here.

No one was going anywhere fast. In the city anyway.

That amazes me as well. I would break everything within 3 steps.

I really wanted to find someone to show me how and give a little lesson, but the opportunity never presented itself.

It breaks my heart that people live in these conditions, and it's considered "normal".

Mine too, Mark. It's just unreal to me that this still exists with all the science and technology we have. I guess you can't fix greed and waste....

Schwarma! You are eating like a superhero!

That day anyways. LOL!!

@Captain_Oblivious, did you want to guess at Questions 1-6? If so, get your PM to me. Update goes up later today. ;)

Others, last fair warning. It's not too late to play. Prizes are pretty coolio. :)

Hey Liesa.

Thanks for the reminder. I meant to come back and submit guesses, but I kept getting pulled away and I just don't have the time to find the answers at this point. Sorry I can't join in the fun. :sad1:

Really?!?!? In So Cal??? I'm... pretty darned surprised!

Actually just yesterday we were leaving the storage facility (it's in an industrial area) and I saw several businesses that had it around their yards. I was starting to doubt myself after I told you that lots of places around here had it.

There was definitely a loss of control. Food, schedule, quality standards, organization, etc.... But I got to see things few people do, so I'll take the trade-off.

Yeah, I don't think I could live with that trade off....

But, as for food on the April trip... I'm completely OKAY with everything we've talked about and actually am super excited to go to them. So, they may be YOUR favorite restaurants, I'm sure we will all enjoy them a lot

They are some pretty great restaurants if you're into diverse foods!

I think even for me there are a TON of other places I'd go for pleasure travel first.

I'm too old to travel for anything other than pleasure.

I like the yeast donuts too. Light and fluffy. MMM! I RARELY do donuts at all, but every great once in a while, I'll break down and snarf one.

Mmmm....donuts. I haven't had one in months.

I have NEVER stopped loving my SoCal climate. There is NOTHING better than a perfect 72 with a slight salty breeze shopping in San Diego or walking on the Santa Monica Pier.

With the exception of the days of deadly rainstorms, that's pretty much what the last month has been like!

Actually just yesterday we were leaving the storage facility (it's in an industrial area) and I saw several businesses that had it around their yards. I was starting to doubt myself after I told you that lots of places around here had it.

Hmmm... Industrial area. Yeah, even that's a stretch for me.

Hi Leisa! :wave: I'm really enjoying your trip report. I will be back to comment. Hannah has finished her first week of her 'prelims'- just 2 more exams to go. Thank goodness! I think this weekend will be spent studying Biology. I need to brush up my skills - I had put catabolic and metabolic pathways right out my mind and seemingly life depends upon them! I wasn't intending to do the contest but now that you say 'Time is running out' I'm suddenly going "Oh no! Time's running out? What's the answers? What's the questions? Don't panic!!

PM heading your way.

7. I do think it is no radios or as my Dad would say 'the wireless'. Then again I think it might be no visibility out windscreen due to the fierce air-conditioning in the buses!

8. Not sure I can possibly get inside your head...I think it is a pair of 'I love Mickey Pyjamas' (Would that be pajamas?) as he think he is the big cheese.

9. Well Alan and I got given some money towards a much needed PC. It is so nice to have one that loads quickly and starts up consistently. A surprise present from my best friend was a Hotel Chocolat Chocolate Christmas Wreath Box. Believe it or not I haven't opened them yet.

10. No I have resolved not to make New Year's Resolutions.

Even in an industrial area... in the US... it's a stretch for me to imagine that being necessary.

Shall I take a picture next time we're there? :lmao: You could drive past it. Not too far from your hotel!

F is for: FoodFEST!
** A few of the photos are taken from other internet sources as I failed to get some I thought were important to this update. They are watermarked for credit. :)

And then there was that one time, Steppe overdid it. It started early enough alright with the customary cup of coffee from the Food Court. It was warm and purchased with the utmost love and affection. This was a day, she would need to have a caffeine-enhanced spring in her step and, as with most mornings, the idea of a saunter was yet hours off. Stuff to do, things to see, food to EEEEEEEAAAAATTTTTT!!!!

And eat she did. For HOURS.

After all, not only had she been all the way to Mars and back by 11:00, she’d also flown around the world, and built a mediocre car, if you’ll recall. That tends to make one hungry. Good thing there happened to be a Food Festival nearby so she could consume the same amount of food she normally eats in 3 months.

You’ve already skipped alongside her as she muttered under her breath about the ridiculously long security lines, paid a visit to $ixbucks, and did all things in FW. But, the magical 11:00 hour struck and off she set towards World Showcase, with an empty belly and a Magic Band that was about to go through the mother of all MB workouts. Brace yourselves for a disgusting showcase of gluttony- with an oink-oink here and an oink-oink there… Here a pig, there a pig…

I’d trained hard for this mission, stretching my stomach as best I could with plenty of delicious meals before this. Suffice to say, I was up for the task to:

In our last episode of Steppe Is an Idiot, we found her Drinking all the Drinks (see last Trip Report where she drank from A-Z), but today, we’ll witness her putting to shame most any pubescent boy on a high school football team. Go, Steppe, GO!!!!

Let’s begin with a hollow belly here:

It was near the front of WS, or on the way to WS Proper anyway. Honestly, I have no idea, and truly don’t give a crap. It was food, and I was there to eat. Remember, Boys and Girls, repeat after me:

Don’t let the name fool you; this kiosk had nothing really to do much with BBQ per se. Rather, this booth hosted stuff that had somehow incorporated spicy chili or foods that had a fermented nuance or “bite” to them. Some were smoked, but I saw more cheese and chili on the menu than brisket.

I found this interesting:

In the end I went with both the Smoked Corned Beef and the Sweet Pancake.

Both were good; the flavors really combined well. But, let me tell you what, Folks- the pickled onions knocked my socks off on the Corned Beef and I loved the crunch of the potato chips underneath (they also made pretty handy scooper-picker-upper-thingies for noshing convenience). And to add cheese fondue to anything is NEVER a wrong move. Ever. The Sweet Pancake, however, was… well, it took me off guard. I wasn’t expecting it to be made of cornmeal. Nothing on the menu hinted at that, and when I took my first bite it was, I dunno... surprising. I don’t like to be surprised with my food. I mean, ok, it was good after I got over the initial shock, and I did like it, but geez, “pancake” doesn’t necessarily translate to sweet cornmeal to me most of the time. The fact that it was another sweet-over-savory deal, like chicken and waffles, was… let’s just say that Steppe does NOT do chicken and waffles. Ever.

After my amuse bouche, I toddled off to find more ways to become more piggy-ish. After all, packing on 10 pounds in a week was about as easy as losing it a week later in Africa. Had I known, I’d have had a few more samplings. :rolleyes:

I next ended up here:

By accident. Er, or not.

If you know me at all, you know I can hold my bladder for about the same amount of time as a 4-year old little girl who’s had a Coke. Walt specifically had Steppe in mind when designing his parks. He knew the agony it would cause parents worldwide of getting almost to the front of the line of Dumbo and their 3-year old saying, “Daddy, I gotta go.” “I’m sorry Sweetheart, there wasn’t a potty nearby. And then there’s Steppe”, he said to himself. “I’d better put one every few yards.”

Ahem, where was I? Yes, I had to pee. And hence, I ended up here as a shortcut to the nearest bathroom I knew about. And a squirrel moment hit me. I mean I sure as HECK wasn’t there for the beer. Beer is disgusting. (Flame all you want.) But, Mac and Cheese ain’t! That’s all I needed; Steppe’s happy with Mac and Cheese every time.

Except this time.

It wasn’t BAD, I guess, but it wasn’t last year’s Loaded Mac n’ Cheese either. It wasn’t creamy or bacon-y or delicious. It just… was. Bland and ho-hum. Something maybe to slug a beer with and move on, I suppose. Steppe gives it a solid “MEH”. Which bummed me out, cuz while Steppe was there to fully gorge herself on more food than should be legal, there is a definite limit. Wasted space, People!

Next, she found herself in the familiar and happiness-inducing confines of WS Proper, and her first stop was the Greece Kiosk.

Food and Wine really rocks my world because I love the idea of tasting loads of different things and having that variety. So, all the better when a single kiosk offers a micro Food &Wine on one plate! Hey! A sampler; YAY!

My favorite was the Dolmates. I have no idea if they had meat in them, but it was super flavorful and the lemon sauce was really nice on top. The pita with the feta dip was also quite good, but was also just a little bit too strong. I think maybe if it’d been “cut” with some cream cheese or just heavy cream it’d been a lot better. The octopus was very tender and also really nice. This was a great combo, but expert oinkers know how to pace themselves and I didn’t finish all of this happy little trio.

I’m going by the order of my photos, so have no idea where each kiosk was really, but assume that most of these were before Canada somewhere near the WS Entrance Area. The location probably matters to y’all about as much as how many blooms my Christmas cactus has on it right now (6) so I’ll just stick to the food news and make everyone happy. The next location caused bitter tears to flow, gnashing of teeth, and all-around profound mourning in Steppe’s little black heart. Last year, this place:

served up a delicious, mouth-watering portion of Loaded Mac n’ Cheese that Steppe proclaimed “Dah Winnah” of food offerings. I couldn’t wait to have more.

But they dashed her happy, throw-caution-to-her-waistline dreams and moved it to another kiosk. By now, Steppe was looking like something close to Violet Beauregarde, and taking extra steps out of the way to go find it wasn’t going to happen.

Sad. But look, this salad looked good and sometime in the next day or so, all this food was gonna have to, you know… find a way out. Salad might be just the thing to help er, umm… move things along. Besides, it tasted GREAT! I really loved this one. The combination of beets, feta, beans, glazed nuts and vinaigrette was lovely. This was a really big serving too, perfect to split, and no, while it was delicious, I didn’t finish it either.

Waddle, waddle, oink, oink… moving along.

I like the Australian motifs on this!

Next Steppe had her Mates throw another shrimp on her plate. I like shrimp. It’s much better than beer and when tossed together with pineapple, bell peppers, snap peas, and a spicy sweet and sour sauce, well, oink ‘er up!!! Not one I’d likely get again as I can make it at home anytime, but it was decent and I’m glad I tried it.

After giving the stomach a thorough over-filling, it was time to let the parasympathetics, pancreas, and bile duct have a serious work out. Rest and digest, you poor, little system, because there’s more where that came from. (“Shut up, gall bladder, you have NO say in this.”)

This nice bird gave Steppe the stink-eye and tried in vain to warn Steppe of her fine example of over-indulgence, but she listened to it about as well as she listened to her patients that rate their pain a 9 while they laugh at memes on Facebook.

After seriously considering calling in for an adult stroller, I pressed on, stopping next to give Scotland a try.

If one is going to over-indulge, may as well test the physical limits. Last year, my kids and I, er, make that 1 kid and I (the other would rather take an algebra test than eat fish of any variety) had the potato pancake with smoked salmon and herbed dill sauce. A BIG hit; I loved it! But this year not so much. I only give honest reviews here, People. This was not fresh. Oh sure, the fish was good, and the sour cream was nice, but the potato pancake was a bit on the tough side and decidedly not really very easy to cut.

Last year’s version was soft and warm and was easily cut with my fork- not so this time around. Steppe’s Score: 2/5. Another “MEH” and a resounding disappointment, as yet more precious food space was now unsatisfyingly occupied. But, that’s the beauty of F&W! You win some, you lose some, and in the end, it’s plain old good old fun.

Being a full quarter Scotch (remember my Clan MacLeod and Clan MacLaren stories from V&A last year?!) I wasn’t about to give up, and being this far into calorie debt, why not pack on a few more inches with this delicious little beauty?

Holy Kilted Clansmen!!! Sing me a bagpipe tune and stuff a few more of these in my face.

Nom, nom, nom….

This may well have been my favorite dish of the entire day. Steppe bestows upon it a resounding, Please Sir, May I Have Some More Award.

Perhaps a little encounter I had while I ate my Scottish fare made it all the sweeter:

I was standing eating at a little round table by the water (the same place where I took the butterfly picture in the last update) and a couple walked up and asked if they could share the table. Of course, they could, and I invited them to join me. After some idle chit-chat, I learned that they had recently moved to Florida so the man could fulfill a longtime dream of his to become a driver for the Safaris in AK. He waited 6 months to get that exact position and he absolutely adored his job. When asked what the favorite part of his job is, he told me that it’s just seeing the animals do what they would naturally just… do. Eat, play, fight… I was tickled to get to spend some time enjoying their company, and that right there friends, is what makes it all so very worth it to stop and smell the roses now and again at Disney.

By now, I was just plain uncomfortable. I knew that, while I was only 2 countries into WS, there was no way I could possibly conti.....

WHAT’S THAT?! Another food kiosk!!! Hmm, what do we have here? Booze, and cake, and booze IN cake? And cheese fondue? Oh heck yes!!! EAT ALLL THE THINGS! (Pipe down, I’mFullO’Meter, there’s always room for dessert and booze!)

The Irish know how to do a lot of things: farm potatoes, make great whiskey from said potatoes, trap Leprechauns after they drink that whiskey, lots of great things. And these are a few more things Ireland does well- brown bread with stout cheese sauce, honey mead, and choco cake with Irish Crème Liqueur.

Here’s where it gets real. I was probably too full to even give this a fair chance. I didn’t enjoy the cheese fondue much; the bread was good, but the sauce was way too salty and thick. I will say the cake was excellent and the honey mead was wonderful- sweet and mellow. Mixed reviews here in the land of shamrocks and tap shoes; some great, some so-so.

You probably think I’m full now…

And you’d be right.

I was insanely stuffed and had to give myself a breather. Nothing works off calories better than cruising around WS doing what World Travelers do: shopping, taking in the shows, taking pictures… all that good stuff. Unless you don’t like to shop. Then it’s not “good stuff”, it’s just torture. Morocco, Japan, America…. Italy…

Oops! That looks good!

Oh, sure the food was okay too. A pretty ordinary pasta as far as pastas go, but hmmm…. 2 forks, 3 people. Which one of them would get to dine with Steppe? If that was my toughest dilemma all day long, I’ll take it. In a world where choices and “problems” are real, it’s nice to enjoy the lighter side of life. I considered that “dinner” and with that, there was no more food that day for me. I’d eaten my fill and had a ball. Life is pretty sweet!

So, my friends, that does it for this oinker of an update. Steppe’s Food and Wine Binge for 2017. Some takeaways and regrets:

1) I didn’t get my Loaded Mac and Cheese. But the good news is that I can make that anytime I want with this recipe:

Loaded Mac 'n Cheese

(I also didn’t have room for the Morocco Hummus Fries, or the Kahlua Pork Slider, or about 40 other things on my “Wanna Try List”)

2) The last day of F&W probably isn’t the best day to sample the wares. Some of the food was not as good as I knew it probably had been on other days earlier in the Festival, or as I’d remembered it from last year.

3) It’s always more fun when you can go with a tasting partner! You can try more things and compare notes.

4) My overall favorite savory thing from this year was either the corned beef on chips from the Flavors from Fire or the Stuffed Grape Leaf from Greece. There wasn’t anything that was so disgusting that I gagged on it like last year’s Escargot croissant from France, but some were lackluster.

5) My overall favorite sweet thing was a tossup between the 2 I got- The Tipsy Laird from Scotland and the Cake with Irish Crème Liqueur. But neither of those won my heart like Rice Cream. I don’t think I got my beloved Rice Cream this day, but here it is because you can never post about or eat too much Rice Cream.

6) Food and Wine deserves at least 2 days, possibly 3 or even 4. There's just too much good stuff to try and cram into one day. I did it justice, but oy! I think I'd have enjoyed it a lot more spaced over a bit more time.

The Contest

Only 5 of you decided to play, but it’s NOT TOO LATE to join in at any time. The prizes for Steppe’s Contest are pretty awesome, and it’s more fun to play than not play. ;)

Letter E Chapter:

Answers-

1) I counted 30 E's. Let me know if you’d like to dispute that.
2) The raked tracks were on the Living with the Land photo
3)The dogs are found in: Living with the Land (1), Carousel of Progress (4), PotC (2)- 7 altogether.

4)
Everyone gets a point for the ornaments- I counted 38, but I’m giving a freebie to everyone because that one was hard with the light glare.
5) Car came in 2nd
6) Mystery Photo was at the Enchanted Tiki Room
7-10 Free points if you answered. :) (6 points available)

Doc- Letter E’s- 25, LwtL, PotC, 43, 2nd, temple in Mexico, back of a bus, something naughty, time off, no resolutions- 9

Pkondz- 30, LwtL, all dogs (2), 40 ornaments, 2nd, EE, no danger detected, rose, ornament or cup of coffee, Tickets to Come from Away, Nice resolutions- 12

Chrystmasangel- 25, places for dog (1), 39, 3rd, Tiki Room, no radios, poinsettias, meeples necklace (3), no resolutions- 8

Alison- 29, LwtL, PoTC and LwtL, 38, 2nd, Eyes, portable space heaters, new kitchen, from pkondz, no resolutions- 10

Captain_Obliviious- no riding on buses, lipstick, Eagle’s t-shirt, no resolutions- 6

Princess Leia- 21, LwtL, 2 dogs, 43, 3rd place, Tiki Room, no radios, pajamas, chocolates, no resolutions- 9

Here are the next round of questions:

1) I could ask about 4-letter “F” words, but will refrain. Instead, how many CAPITAL letter F’s can you see on this sign?

2) Mystery Photo. I'm in a generous mood. Where am I?

(Remember, every Mystery Photo is from a place on Disney Property. It is an attraction, a place, or name of a food or something along those lines.)

3) Let’s see how carefully you were reading: How many items did Steppe buy at Food & Wine?

4) And now a little side story: I have a little tradition of collecting a pin or two from each of my trips. Something that represents a highlight or big event of my time there. This year, F&W was a fun event, along with the Christmas Party and Dapper Day. So, I began to search for a pin very early on in the day. I stopped at several locations beginning with the place right at the beginning of WS (that I don’t know the name of) and was told they had NO pins for F&W?

Here:

Huh? That seemed odd. They told me to try Mousegears or Pin Traders back by The Electric Umbrella. Okay, sure, I could do that on the way out. Which I did. Neither place had them. I was pretty worried I was not going to find my pin for this trip and was very sad! Question 4: Did I find my pin before I left the park?

5) Does Steppe get ill later that night from her debauchery?

6) I got an Instant Pot the other day. What delicious Disney food should I make in it next week? (In case you’re interested in cooking stuff from Disney, did you know
A complete list of Disney recipes existed?)

a) Loaded Mac n’ Cheese
b) Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup
c) Raglan Road Bangers n’ Booz
d) Carrot Ginger Soup from Boma

PM answers for 1 and 2, post 3-6 :)

Last edited:
You didn't say how we submit our answers....PM or post....

Going back to multi quote.

And eat she did. For HOURS.

I can see that....you'd have to just to get through a handful of booths!

After all, not only had she been all the way to Mars and back by 11:00, she’d also flown around the world, and built a mediocre car

Not bad for a morning's work!

In the end I went with both the Smoked Corned Beef and the Sweet Pancake.

The corned beef sounded really good, not sure I would have been brave enough to try the pancake.

It wasn’t BAD, I guess, but it wasn’t last year’s Loaded Mac n’ Cheese either.

Well then I guess I'm glad we never made it there.

I really loved this one. The combination of beets, feta, beans, glazed nuts and vinaigrette was lovely.

I would not have liked that, at. all. I like my green beans warm and the only other things in that salad I would have liked are the feta and vinaigrette.

I like shrimp. It’s much better than beer and when tossed together with pineapple, bell peppers, snap peas, and a spicy sweet and sour sauce, well, oink ‘er up!!!

Again, too many odd things together for my taste....

potato pancake with smoked salmon and herbed dill sauce. A BIG hit; I loved it! But this year not so much.

I really liked the potato pancake the previous year, but I don't do salmon. That's another booth we ended up missing.

brown bread with stout cheese sauce, honey mead, and choco cake with Irish Crème Liqueur.

That chocolate cake is my favorite sweet treat and I never miss that one!

It’s always more fun when you can go with a tasting partner! You can try more things and compare notes.

Totally! I never would have been able to eat as much as you did, but then again you did say you tossed or didn't finish a few of them.

Food and Wine deserves at least 2 days, possibly 3 or even 4.

I've gone for a week and still not been able to do everything!

I counted 30 E's. Let me know if you’d like to dispute that.

I missed one in the Rover picture....

The dogs are found in: Living with the Land (1), Carousel of Progress (4), PotC (2)

Doh! How could I forget the Carousel of Progress! And it was only recently that I noticed the second dog in Pirates near the beginning of the city scene. Before the burning.

3) Let’s see how carefully you were reading: How many items did Steppe buy at Food & Wine?

I counted 12 (if you call the sampler one item). If you got your pin it was 13.

Did I find my pin before I left the park?

I'm going to say yes, but if not we may have an extra few laying around or on eBay... :rolleyes1

5) Does Steppe get ill later that night from her debauchery?

Yes.

6) I got an Instant Pot the other day. What delicious Disney food should I make in it next week? (In case you’re interested in cooking stuff from Disney, did you know A complete list of Disney recipes existed?)

a) Loaded Mac n’ Cheese
b) Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup
c) Raglan Road Bangers n’ Booz
d) Carrot Ginger Soup from Boma

Yes I knew that a complete list of Disney Recipes existed, there are several sites where you can find them. I'm going to say Raglan Road Bangers n' Booz. I just made the Le Cellier Cheese Soup for NYE dinner and it really doesn't need to be cooked in an instant pot. It's quick and easy enough on the stovetop. I think the Mac n' Cheese might also get overcooked in the pot. I don't like Cooked Carrots, so that's how I arrived at my decision.

Hey Liesa.

Thanks for the reminder. I meant to come back and submit guesses, but I kept getting pulled away and I just don't have the time to find the answers at this point. Sorry I can't join in the fun. :sad1:

For not doing the ones you didn't, you're in pretty good shape. :) Just do the ones you have time for and just enjoy what you can. I'm just happy you're even still reading.

Yeah, I don't think I could live with that trade off....

And that's okay too. :hug:

They are some pretty great restaurants if you're into diverse foods!

I am, I AM!

I'm too old to travel for anything other than pleasure.

I'm getting pretty old to do ones like I'm writing about, that's for sure.

Mmmm....donuts. I haven't had one in months.

Me neither. And it might be a while again. The holidays were not kind.

With the exception of the days of deadly rainstorms, that's pretty much what the last month has been like!

I miss it all. Especially the weather and the familiar plants. Eucalyptus, jacaranda, bougainvillea, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!