The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Thanks, Lady! :) We had a ball! There is so much to do there and we covered some fun ground. :)

You went to The Walt Disney Family Museum and I hope you share about here (when you can of course). I have that on my bucket list.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We interrupt your regular programming to announce a 5th and final driver in the Steppe Household! I repeat.... I am done! Now, all my kids have graduated High School AND passed the all-coveted right of passage: Freedom on Wheels.

Pretty stoked mom here.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations!!!!

Here and I can say for now all caught up!!!

Welcome back! I seem to be going at a snail's pace for a Steppe Report, so you're in luck!

Sounds like you tested the system, and found the limitations it has. I hope fr you that you have no surprises on your next trip. Well at least none that involve your AP.

I busted it.

And, I won't hold my breath. Luckily I have my card AND my screen shots AND my receipt!

Oh Heck yeah! Add me to that group. Caught up for now and hopefully with some changes I have made and some still to be made I will find out what "free time" is and be able to use it as that and not as what else is on fire and needs putting out.

Oh! Sounds like a I need to call so you can tell me what's going on! Cuz, free time sounds like a wonderful commodity!

I do not think I have ever been in those bathrooms. Ones on the other side of theater, yes but those ones..... Will need to correct that next trip.

Yes, Mrs. Bathroom Diva! Get on that! Do your doody!!!

HOW crazy!!!???!!! Not only to spring a nose bleed but a massive one and have it be your first one. Glad it eventually subsided but sorry you had that happen.

I'm sure you've seen your fair share of them in your line of work; never fun for anyone!

Hey I am struggling for dropping every couple of months.

But when you do, you're always welcomed with a big virtual hug!

Hey - I am reading, I am reading. :teeth:

YAY!!

Here!!! Can I have a bathroom pass? :wave:

Sure!! Bathroom passes are given out liberally around here. I am a generous hostess.

::yes:: Having gone through some education on Human Trafficking, I an now looking at thing with a more cautious eye.

I think a lot of industries are now. The whole thing disgusts me how one "human" could do that to another.

Totally Agree.

Discovery cove sounds heavenly. Loving the scavenger hunts results and generally having time to "lose" myself in your writing and pictures. Remember I am always here for you :hug:

Another scavenger hunt coming up soon, if not next.

Thank, I need good friends like you!

Have fun at the concert and enjoy the museum!
And get some rest!

Enjoy your concert! Sleep is for the weak! Keep telling yourself that. It helps. Really!

I'm snowed in and work was closed so happy as a cat with a ball of yarn!

Thanks, you two! I didn't actually go to the concert but stayed very nearby and met her at the door when it was over. She was in 7th Heaven for having gone.

I've gotten very little sleep the entire last week but have a couple of late starts this week, so hope to catch up a bit. :)

I've seen photos of the snow and am totally amazed!

Can’t wait to hear all about it! :)

It'll take a bit to get the photos uploaded and something written. Limited time during the work week! But I will get there. :)

I had a friend once (yep only once) that said...

Sleep is just a poor substitute for sufficient amounts of caffeine.

I don't agree, but thought it was funny.

Huh, that sounds about the sum of my every single morning. Like it or not, there is a grain of truth to it. (Spoken by an addict. )

Glad you had a great weekend. Hope you got some rest. Can't wait to have it shared. Again...just because I may not reply often does NOT mean I'm not following and enjoying.

I did have a nice weekend. The Bay Area has a lot to offer. Rest? Surely you jest. LOL!! Got in last night at 1:45 AM and was up for work at 6:00. Surprisingly I'm doing ok. Now, off to celebrate my daughter's passing her Driver's Test!

It'll take a bit to get the photos uploaded and something written. Limited time during the work week! But I will get there. :)

Huh, that sounds about the sum of my every single morning. Like it or not, there is a grain of truth to it. (Spoken by an addict. )

I did have a nice weekend. The Bay Area has a lot to offer. Rest? Surely you jest. LOL!! Got in last night at 1:45 AM and was up for work at 6:00. Surprisingly I'm doing ok. Now, off to celebrate my daughter's passing her Driver's Test!
I'm not jesting. I may be a jester, but I'm not jesting. And don't call me Shirley.

Congrats to DD and mom!

Then a $200 day turns into a $1000 day.

No one wants that.

There are parts that will be positively amazing... others a bit boring. Or tedious. I've driven a fair bit of all of it, and would do it again.

Hmm... I suppose there's always tedious parts to most drives. Especially one of that magnitude. Ah, well. Might never happen anyway, so I can skip the tedium. :)

She bought a ticket to a KPop concert- a group called Winner. She really enjoyed herself quite a bit. :)

Never heard of it or them (no surprise), but glad she enjoyed herself. Did you like it?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We interrupt your regular programming to announce a 5th and final driver in the Steppe Household! I repeat.... I am done! Now, all my kids have graduated High School AND passed the all-coveted right of passage: Freedom on Wheels.

Pretty stoked mom here.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Congrats to the new driver!

And we'll be here, ready to read all about it. :)

Congrats to the new Driver!!!!!!!

I busted it.

And, I won't hold my breath. Luckily I have my card AND my screen shots AND my receipt!

That's my girl! Hold onto it all just in case. You might need it later! :crazy2:

Oh! Sounds like a I need to call so you can tell me what's going on! Cuz, free time sounds like a wonderful commodity!

It does. Hopefully I will continue to have some as I come into the "busy season" I hope I at least found balance.

Yes, Mrs. Bathroom Diva! Get on that! Do your doody!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm sure you've seen your fair share of them in your line of work; never fun for anyone!

Oh Yes from Staff as well as visitors. Most are not freaked out as usually they are common for them but I will always remember walking into a staff office and noticing a child sized life jacket with a large blood like stain down the front sitting in the trash. Aside from the improper disposal ( we do have a protocol for things like that) I simply asked the staff in the office - " Where is the child that was in this jacket?" :scared1::scared1:

The way the jacket looked it could have been a drive by. :scared1::scared1: It was THAT bad.

The staff looked at me and then said" Nosebleed"
In a way I was relieved laughed since I knew the kid was OK.
I re-educated staff on how to properly get rid of items that were no longer usable AND a potential Biohazard! :thumbsup2

Thank, I need good friends like you!

You got me!!!! I am honored to have you as a friend as well! :hug:

X is for: eXcellent eXercise in Alphabetical Hunting

It’s been far too long since this TR has seen any MK action. Or any action at all. But, the weekend is here which means a little bit of free time. Let us rejoice.

So, let’s get to it! I’ve posted my DHS and my AK Scavenger Hunts, so it seems just as good a time as any to share the photos from my hunt in the Magic Kingdom. (Still have WS to go along with many, many more stories and photos. Yes, I may actually finish this TR before I go again in May. :rolleyes:)

Every good alphabet begins with A!
A is for apples. Afterall, it’s apple pies that make the menfolks’ mouths water. One bite and all your dreams will come true.

How do you like them apples?

Balloons make everyone happy! Well, except the person shelling out $15 for one. They look nice anyway and make great photos. Poll time: How many of you have bought one somewhere along the road at Disney? While I’ve bought plenty of other crap that is decades long gone, I’ve never splurged on one. Probably because my kids never asked.

B is for Balloons:

C is for Cannons! And the Magic Kingdom has a plethora to choose from. Here are just 2, but I can think of at least 2 other places you can find them. Tell me all the places you can think of where you can find a cannon.

Everyone, well everyone I know, loves a Dole Whip. However, I might be in the small minority that likes the Dole Whip Pineapple Upsidedown Cake even more. I tried this little beauty for the first time on this trip and fell in love all over again. MMM!!!
D is for Dole Whip.

Elephants on parade! They’re here! They’re there! They’re in elephant jail. I was all set to post a photo of the elephants from the Jungle Cruise but chose to go with the MUCH less well-known elephants of Storybook Land. Who knew?! I came across them in my saunterings pretty much accidentally.

E is for Elephants:

And since @Flossbolna wondered about the even more obvious ones, I'll throw these in, since I did intentionally take a photo of them while I was in the area.

And heck, why not this one too, just for kicks and giggles. I took this one on this trip as well. Plenty of elephants in the Magic Kingdom!

F is for Fairies and here are a couple that might entertain you. My Tink Bounding outfit was crazy fun to wear and, while I’m decidedly NOT a character Meet and Greety sort of gal, I admit, this was worth it. She adored my shoes and demanded we show them off exclaiming that all good fairies have just the right accessories for every occasion. @Chrystmasangel you are amazing and added a wonderful, fun touch to my outfit!

As long as I can remember (insert failing memory joke here), glassblowing has been part of the Disney charm. I would always pause on Main Street to watch a castle or animal take shape as if by magic. I was glad as I browsed through the shops that this artisan was out and making more beautiful keepsakes.

G is for Glassblower:

As I came out of the shop and started walking right down the middle of Main Street, I found my
Letter H. A horse of a Disney color! A stroll up Main Street just wouldn’t be the same without seeing a horse-drawn trolley, now would it? Poll time, if you would get a lifetime AP in return, would you be the pooper scooper for 20 hours a week?

I spy with my little eye some Indians. Believe it or not, Indigenous People can be found in at least 3 locations that I can think of in the Magic Kingdom. Here is 1. I know at least some of you can name a 2nd or 3rd. Sadly, the one I had in mind for this photo when I developed my Scavenger Hunt is no longer around, I guess. I distinctly recall as I kid, or even into my adulthood, a carved wooden Indian with a full headdress standing on Main Street. If not there, in Frontierland.

I is for Indians:

While the Indian doesn’t seem to be there anymore, the Country Bears Jamboree is. After 4 million years, they still serenade the under 5 and over 75 crowds.

And me.

Yes, every few years, I kinda like to see that little minx Trixie belt out her sultry tunes.
J is for a Jammin’ Jamboree!!

Go fly a kite! I’m busy!! Finding
Letter K that is. Here’s another time I ran out of time looking for the Kite I THOUGHT I’d find- the one on the marquis of Peter Pan. It doesn’t exist because I’m over 50 and both my body and my mind are going to the crapper. However, I was victorious in finding these on IaSW. I’m counting them because even if they were on accident, they are still kites and that’s what I had on my list.

The next letter was the easiest of all to find because lampposts are everywhere. I give you… a lamppost for
Letter L.

Moving along, here are some Muppets which had to substitute in for the Monsters I’d hoped to get. I snapped this one as an early contender in case I ran out of time. And I did. The line at Monsers Inc. was just too long. Besides… isn’t Gonzo a monster-y kind of.. thing? Come to think of it, I’m going with
Muppet Monster for Letter M and giving myself bonus points. It’s Friday. Why not?

And, with that I'll leave off and post the 2nd half of the MK Alphabetical Scavenger Hunt later this weekend. I hope. I have about 14,000 threads to catch up on too. And a LOT of procrastinating to do in cleaning my toilet and folding laundry.

Now, live it up. It's the weekend!

Last edited:
Let us rejoice.

giphy.gif

Yes, I may actually finish this TR before I go again in May. :rolleyes:

Uh, huh. Sure you will. So will I.

:lmao:

Sorry...

Sure you will.

Afterall, it’s apple pies that make the menfolks’ mouths water.

mmmm.... pie.

One bite and all your dreams will come true.

Well, since my dream is to eat apple pie... then, yes.

How do you like them apples?

giphy.gif

Balloons make everyone happy! Well, except the person shelling out $15 for one.

$15? They've gone down in price?

They look nice anyway and make great photos.

::yes::

Poll time: How many of you have bought one somewhere along the road at Disney?

Me. I bought one for each DD. But... They knew they couldn't take them with them (planes make balloons pop), so at the end of our stay, they each gave them away to other kids. They got to spread their own pixie dust and (I think?) were pretty happy to make someone else smile. :)

Tell me all the places you can think of where you can find a cannon.

Hmmm... well, there's the obvious POTC. And also in PP. Also on the PP float at the parade... all I can think of off the top of my head.

I might be in the small minority that likes the Dole Whip Pineapple Upsidedown Cake even more.

I don't know if I'll ever try it.
I'm too much a fan of the float.

I was all set to post a photo of the elephants from the Jungle Cruise but chose to go with the MUCH less well-known elephants of Storybook Land.

Huh. Had no clue.

She adored my shoes and demanded we show them off exclaiming that all good fairies have just the right accessories for every occasion.

:laughing:

:goodvibes This is such a great photo.
I also note that you are smaller than a fairy, apparently. :)

As long as I can remember (insert failing memory joke here),

Shoot. I had one in mind, but then forgot it.

Poll time, if you would get a lifetime AP in return, would you be the pooper scooper for 20 hours a week?

That's two and a half days... and considering someone has to do it already... Sure!

Nice shot!

I guess. I distinctly recall as I kid, or even into my adulthood, a carved wooden Indian with a full headdress standing on Main Street.

It's not there? I guess... bowing to political correctness?

After 4 million years, they still serenade the under 5 and over 75 crowds.

:laughing:

Go fly a kite! I’m busy!!

Well! How rude! :snooty:

I ran out of time looking for the Kite I THOUGHT I’d find- the one on the marquis of Peter Pan. It doesn’t exist because I’m over 50 and both my body and my mind are going to the crapper.

Good thing you're cleaning the crapper this weekend.

But... I had to go look. I could've sworn there was a kite there too!

However, I was victorious in finding these on IaSW.

Is it really a victory if you had to ride IASW to get it?

Come to think of it, I’m going with Muppet Monster for Letter M and giving myself bonus points. It’s Friday. Why not?

Well, it's your TR, so you can make up any rules you want!

And a LOT of procrastinating to do in cleaning my toilet and folding laundry.

Now, live it up. It's the weekend!

Oooohhh... toilet cleaning. You really know how to spend a weekend! First San Francisco and now this? Will the wonders never cease????

Wait, no more cigar store Indian??? For the longest time he was in Frontierland on the porch outside the row of shops! And you know I was just in Frontierland 4 days ago and can't remember if he was there :scratchin I guess my memory is as good as yours!

Excited to hear about your visit to the museum :goodvibes

Liesa, I am so way behind with comments that I have to give up on doing it properly.

Currently on my phone, in a cafe, and I just read your last update. So I decided to just jump in and say how much I enjoyed all your updates!

I had to laugh that you didn’t post pictures of the obvious elephants in Storybook Circus!! The flying ones.

I can only come up with three canon locations: Pirates/Adventureland, Little Mermaid, Storybook. The biggest Disney canon is at DLP btw: Their Space Mountain fires the trains through a canon!

The day at Discovery Cove sounds amazing!! I think this is something Michael and I need to do on our next visit to Orlando, whenever that will be! We always wanted to, but we’re reluctant because of the price. But it looks like Michael will finally drop his AP for WDW in March and so, we might end up in Orlando with both of us having to buy admission and then things change. Yes, we might even end up with an Orlando trip that does not involve WDW! Shocking!!

I hope your neck is getting better!

Hmm... I suppose there's always tedious parts to most drives. Especially one of that magnitude. Ah, well. Might never happen anyway, so I can skip the tedium. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, most of it is spectacular! Especially, and trying to take my bias into account, the parts in Central and Northern Oregon.

Never heard of it or them (no surprise), but glad she enjoyed herself. Did you like it?

I didn't actually go to the concert itself. I sat in the Fairmont Hotel and had lunch and studied.

Congrats to the new driver!

Thanks! Big achievement.

And we'll be here, ready to read all about it. :)

I did! And maybe, if I'm lucky, there will be more later this weekend. First I have many, many threads to read and enjoy!

Congrats to the new Driver!!!!!!!

Thanks! It'll be nice to not have to drive her to school anymore!

That's my girl! Hold onto it all just in case. You might need it later! :crazy2:

Yes, I will need to remember to pack it for the May trip!

It does. Hopefully I will continue to have some as I come into the "busy season" I hope I at least found balance.

and....?

Oh Yes from Staff as well as visitors. Most are not freaked out as usually they are common for them but I will always remember walking into a staff office and noticing a child sized life jacket with a large blood like stain down the front sitting in the trash. Aside from the improper disposal ( we do have a protocol for things like that) I simply asked the staff in the office - " Where is the child that was in this jacket?" :scared1::scared1:

The way the jacket looked it could have been a drive by. :scared1::scared1: It was THAT bad.

The staff looked at me and then said" Nosebleed"
In a way I was relieved laughed since I knew the kid was OK.
I re-educated staff on how to properly get rid of items that were no longer usable AND a potential Biohazard! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you are an amazing manager! Good job!!!

And yes, I think the fact that blood USUALLY means anything other than a nosebleed you had good cause to have a minor panic attack.

You got me!!!! I am honored to have you as a friend as well! :hug:

:hug:

Hope San Francisco was a great time! We're planning on being there over spring break this year.

YAY!! You will LOVE it!! There are crazy amounts of things to do there. One lesser known thing is the Cable Car Museum/Wheel/Power House. It holds the ginormous flywheels and cable housings that power the cable cars. I think for an engineer like you, it'd be pretty neat to see. Small, but worth it. Alcatraz is a duh, Fishermans Wharf, Golden Gate, Disney Museum, the beaches are bland and boring, and the Worlds crookedest street (Lombard Ave.)- which they are probably going to start charging for now. Because California is out of control and run by morons. Anyway, those are my picks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts