The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

I haven't been around much, but I came back to this report and was almost 20 pages behind :faint:

InkedIMG_2178_LI-L.jpg

This is fantastic! I love it!

My usual style is to write my chapters NON-chronologically preferring to use a more topical approach. It gives me more creative license.

I honestly have no idea how you manage that. I'd get so confused and forget something!

I had been determined to save money on lesser fun things (like parking), so had decided to leave after work on Monday and sleep in the car in the long-term parking lot until I had to catch the 4:00 AM shuttle. I wasn’t going to sleep much anyway, so why not pocket the $150 I'd have spent on the inevitable crappy night's sleep at an equally crappy hotel? A friend thought that was not the safest or most comfortable option, so offered to drive me up at 3:15 AM to PDX.

Wow, mega bonus points for your friend. That's awesome!

Security was a mob scene but the world was made a safer place after (only) my left ankle was given a through pat down.

Hope you remembered to leave the ankle holster at home. That could be awkward.

The whole thing is a mystery… why would it let me check in and get a C group at the airport if I’d indeed had early bird?

Um...yeah, I got nothin'.:confused3

I grabbed the King of All breakfasts in Denver- the ever-consistent, yet mediocre, Egg McMuffin

You could do SO much worse, though.

However, when I got to the front of the line, I had a VERY (wallet-sized) purse on, my laptop bag, and my rolly carry-on. The gate Nazi literally tells me that I have to put my purse into my laptop bag so I only have 2 total before I can board.

:sad2:

Seriously, it’s about space, People. Perhaps there are bigger fish she could fry to be useful. Yes, I understand there are plenty of people out there more than happy to take advantage of the rule that necessitated it in the first place, but it is too much to ask to have people in authority exercise even the tiniest bit of common sense?

Seriously. Meanwhile, this goes on without anyone questioning it:

Heavy-Luggage.gif

the-reason-these-toys-are-critical-as-kids-2005-34856881.png

It’s a running joke that as much as I LOVE a good thunderstorm, there is NEVER one while I’m there. I haven’t gotten to see one in Orlando the last few times I’ve been there either. Go figure. I suppose when I order the VIP Weather Package, it excludes the short thunderstorm upgrade.

But those sunsets, though... *chef's kiss*

Did you wonder exactly what vacation looks like?

That looks like no vacation I've ever taken.:rotfl:

One evening I treated my mom and dad to a night out at a piano bar

Wow, that guy is really high up there. Hope he wasn't drinking, too.

This one wasn’t too crazy, there was no drama, I did not use the drink coupons I got as a parting gift last time I flew SWA, and was on ME within 10 minutes.

Not too shabby!

Hello, Mickey! Hello, Minnie!

Hooray! :jumping1:

I know there are many of us who choose the restaurants we go to based on the menus and the theming. And of course, you know what they say,... "Location, location, location!!!" Yes, in fact, I did choose where to eat based on the itinerary I put together, and ahead of going, I enjoy heading to the online menus and do a "light" pre-choosing. By that I mean, no, I'm not setting in stone what I for sure will order, but I do enjoy staying up to date in my "know-before-you-go". That way there aren't any surprises in terms of ... "Am I even going to still like this place?"

I actually create a spreadsheet with what my husband and I think we'll order, so I can get a good idea of potential costs. Just because it's on the spreadsheet doesn't mean we have to order that item when we get there, but it's a good starting point for saving for our trip!

Amazing shot!

The naan service is what I'll probably end up getting. I may change my mind and try one of the curries (I do adore a good curry!) but these seem pretty big if I get the naan too.

The bread service at Saana is fantastic! Honestly, I've had much better curries here at home, but I still enjoyed the food overall.

Security was a mob scene but the world was made a safer place after (only) my left ankle was given a through pat down. After my limited groping, I made a beeline for a morning latte.

Bahaha far be it from me to understand the ways of the TSA :laughing:

It’s dumb. And that’s how I really feel.

Oh, come on Liesa, don't hold back now! :laughing:

I get that, though. That seems just silly. I've occasionally gotten on the plane with things taken out of my 2 bags that obviously could have fit inside them, and haven't ever been called out for it.

as I LOVE a good thunderstorm, there is NEVER one while I’m there. I haven’t gotten to see one in Orlando the last few times I’ve been there either. Go figure.

I recommend getting married and celebrating your anniversaries in Disney in August. We've caught several Florida-style thunder storms this way. For that matter, Nathan's seen more than I have when he's been working down there mid-July, so that might even be better!

Woooh! Here comes WDW!!

I did take a pretty massive diversion this time, as you will soon see.

Gonna guess Universal. Pretty sure you've mentioned you wanted to.

The day started, well…. at night.

Or the night started with the day.

Most flights east depart in the wee bits of morning, which means you leave your house in the dead of night for those all too early check-ins. It super sucks.

Meh. You're going to Disney.

Then again, you stopped in Bowling Green, so... maybe the Disney hyper excitement hadn't sunk in yet.

In which case... it super sucks.

had decided to leave after work on Monday and sleep in the car in the long-term parking lot

:eek:

Don't do that! People break into cars in parking lots, you know!

I wasn’t going to sleep much anyway, so why not pocket the $150 I'd have spent on the inevitable crappy night's sleep at an equally crappy hotel?

Because the car doesn't have a shower.

A friend thought that was not the safest or most comfortable option, so offered to drive me up at 3:15 AM to PDX.

Very nice! Very! That's quite the gift. Good friend, indeed!

we made the uneventful drive up to Portland where I was dumped curbside.

Did she at least slow down a little?

Security was a mob scene but the world was made a safer place after (only) my left ankle was given a through pat down.

Now I know where the gun is kept. It will make it easier to disarm you. I can be completely disarming, you know.

Or was that dismembering.

one of those.

I disremember.

After my limited groping,

So.... you're saying you were disappointed that it wasn't a more thorough groping?

I made a beeline for a morning latte. That way, I could make sure that after I chose my window seat I could be primed for having to climb over my neighbors a few times during the flight to Denver.

:laughing:

so was shafted with a C boarding group.

And that's... bad? I presume?

Imagine my shock when just as boarding began my name was called to approach the podium. Ummm…!!! What the…?! Just as I stood up, the gate dude came over to me and said I had early bird check-in and was supposed to be in A group. NICE! Some airline pixie dust. I was confused but took it!

1. It's usually not a good thing to have your name called prior to boarding.
2. However in this case... A group! Woot!

Which meant I scored a sweet bulkhead seat to Denver and a back of the plane seat from Denver to Nashville.

Gotta take the good with the bad.
Hopefully it'll be worth it once you get there.

My seatmates were only crawled over twice on that 2nd flight.

If they were men, they probably didn't mind all that much.

:rolleyes1

I still need to call though and make double sure that I indeed was refunded for that 2nd flight I’d mistakenly booked including the early bird upgrade I’d added.

Too much work.

But I'm going through a similar issue myself right now.
Think it's resolved... hopefully yours will be too.

I grabbed the King of All breakfasts in Denver- the ever-consistent, yet mediocre, Egg McMuffin

Incorrect.
That would be the Sausage McMuffin with Egg.

However, when I got to the front of the line, I had a VERY (wallet-sized) purse on, my laptop bag, and my rolly carry-on. The gate Nazi literally tells me that I have to put my purse into my laptop bag so I only have 2 total before I can board. So, I take off my jacket, take it off my shoulder, put it on top of my laptop, put my jacket back on, hold up the line, and hand her my boarding pass. I was salty. Still am. I walked about 5 feet down the ramp stopped (yes, I made sure to block the way since holding up the line was obviously no problem), pulled it back out, and put it back on my shoulder still WELL thinner than 99% of the other folks getting on board.

That's... ridiculous.

Especially when you consider that every male flyer on there could have had a carry-on, laptop bag and a wallet.

It’s always delightful to spend time with them.

:goodvibes I liked your folks. Nice people.

Dad grilled some delightful steaks

Yum!

Not once, but twice, I was treated to gorgeous sunsets.

Those shots are beautiful!

It’s a running joke that as much as I LOVE a good thunderstorm, there is NEVER one while I’m there. I haven’t gotten to see one in Orlando the last few times I’ve been there either. Go figure. I suppose when I order the VIP Weather Package, it excludes the short thunderstorm upgrade.

You can keep them in Kentucky. I don't want a storm when I'm trying to ride BTMRR or watch some fireworks.

made sure to get my fingers done so they’d theme well with my Halloween costume. One can never be too spooky!

:laughing: No, I suppose one can not be... at least for MNSSHP! Can't wait for that!

I think you’ll agree they were just right when I get to that chapter.

Hopefully I'll remember. I'm a man... so it's doubtful.

Cute tootsies.
Slightly nicer than mine.

slightly.

Hmmmm... Going as one of the ghostly ballroom dancers?

Did you wonder exactly what vacation looks like?

This does not look like one of my vacations.
Perhaps I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Hey! I know that group.
Funny they'd have a framed photo there.

Well, someone looks happy to be going to Disney!

I did not use the drink coupons I got as a parting gift last time I flew SWA,

Why not? Early flight again?

and was on ME within 10 minutes.

Woot! Not bad!

OMG! The track is tilting! The fake-o-rail is going to fall off!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiny photo, representing.... what?

Pretty sunsets and pretty nails (hands and toes). Is that PO French Quarter? We visited that resort on our last trip and really are considering staying there next time.

Some airline pixie dust. I was confused but took it!
The rare airline pixie dust. It's been a very long time since I had any of that.

yours truly can be a real bona fide moron sometimes.
I think we can all be from time to time.

I suppose when I order the VIP Weather Package, it excludes the short thunderstorm upgrade.
I also love the big tropical thunderstorms in Florida.
Someday you and @pkondz have to tell me where you get the patented VIP Weather and/or Transportation upgrade packages... :laughing:

a mule for me (when in Kentucky…)
I admit to have never had a mule, but I have seen them mentioned in various TRs and I am intrigued. I must make a point of having one someday.

The rare airline pixie dust. It's been a very long time since I had any of that.

Because it gets in the engines and then they have flight delays to clean it out.

Pay attention next time. If you see someone smiling at an airline check-in counter, you will almost certainly hear over the intercom that a flight somewhere has been delayed.

Someday you and @pkondz have to tell me where you get the patented VIP Weather and/or Transportation upgrade packages... :laughing:

Sorry. I am sworn to secrecy.

I guess I'm just too paranoid about those carry-on rules - the last couple times I've flown anywhere, I've had my little crossbody bag, a backpack, and a carry-on for the overhead bin, and I always shove my crossbody bag inside the backpack when I go through check-in to get on the plane.

:wave2: Just found this while trying to catch up on your last TR.

You flew through Denver! I somehow missed your wave.

Your photos are always gorgeous.

Gotta love some Southwest pixie dust, C group is no fun

Edited to add:

Yea for AP’s!!!! But a word of caution, it does cause one’s bank account to shrink by “needing” to book more trips.

Looking forward to reading more!

:hug:

Last edited:
Hang in there! This too shall pass.

.... like a kidney stone.

I always felt it was easier going west. I figure I can stay up "late" to adjust. Coming back east, I'm never tired when it's bedtime, and then the morning feels like it's perpetually 4 a.m.

I guess for me it's, "Why is my face in my dinner plate?" and "Oh, it's 4:30 AM, time to get up... and just try going back to sleep!"

I am with @Captain_Oblivious on going west being easier. But then that’s usually the direction I travel to start a vacation, so this might play a role.

And this I can agree with but opposite... vacation is almost always "East" for me. "3:30 wakey wakey? No worries! You're goin' somewhere fantastic!"

IMO it is because going east you have a whole vacation to look forward to and the Adrenalin is pumping... ON the way back west, you know you are heading home and jumping back in to real life so there is not the Adrenalin pushing you to be excited and your body just dumps on you.

Yes, I think you may be right. :) Things to do; places to go!

Ask me if I've taken the suitcase out of the car yet. Go ahead, ask.

:rolleyes:

Looking forward to reading about your trip!

More coming up soon... ish. :)

Yep. Who wants reality? Give me the fantasy, any day.

Well, if it fantasy football, I'd rather have reality.

Congrats!
Doubt I'll ever get one. Can't see myself doing Disney more than twice in a year... and even that is a very large stretch.

I never thought I would either. It's the year of Disney. Perhaps next year may bring my bucket list trip to So. Italy. Who knows.

Love MNSSHP. Can't wait to read about your new things! :)

Best party on the planet. I hope my photos turned out!

Holy crap! In one day???? Surely not!

Surely.

And thank you. Thank you very much.

I'm gonna say yes. I bet against you last time. Won't do that again.

A mistake few make twice. ;)

LOL!

:laughing:
Still... not bad. 7 new ones, you say? Looking forward to that too.

And one was even a total and complete surprise to me too!

Has to be TSL and Slinky. Unless you're like Jeff and rode AS2 instead. (So much more PC than calling it A.S.S.)

Not much else it could have been, but stick around anyway for the deets!

Uh,oh.... :( This doesn't sound good.
Hope you're okay?

Oh, I'm fine. Just a bit of a scare and a... scene.

Thanks! Can I kick off my shoes and put my feet up too?

Only if you pick up your socks and put them in the hamper.

Who is that? Where was that?

An entertainer at DTD at a yet un-named place. ;)

I totally get that.
I drove 11.5 hours yesterday. Got home around 10:30pm or so. Had a bunch of running around to do and then work. I'm beat.

Brutal. I honestly don't think I could do that then turn around and go to work.

Take your time. Rest up. We'll be here waiting and ready to read when you're up to it.

Busy weekend with a lot on my to-do list... I hope for some leftover time to DIS.

Those evening sunset pictures are beautiful!

Thanks, Lessa! It was definitely a special treat in Kentucky!

I haven't been around much, but I came back to this report and was almost 20 pages behind :faint:

A lot of it is chatter and banter; it's a chatty bunch here, and mostly me. LOLOL! But, I'm glad you checked back! I hope to keep this TR moving along since I'll be back in May again.

This is fantastic! I love it!

Thanks!! I adore my little planning/TR notebooks. Super handy!

I honestly have no idea how you manage that. I'd get so confused and forget something!

Once the photos of a certain place/ event/ topic is done I move the photos.

Wow, mega bonus points for your friend. That's awesome!

Totally.

Hope you remembered to leave the ankle holster at home. That could be awkward.

I did. I mean, that'd have been another carry-on that Nazi Gate Check Chick would have gotten her panties in a ruffle over.

Um...yeah, I got nothin'.:confused3

It's on my list to calll again and do some asking. SWA, you got some 'splainin' to do!

You could do SO much worse, though.

Very true!

Seriously. Meanwhile, this goes on without anyone questioning it:

Heavy-Luggage.gif

SEE?!!!

The logic is just way too far over some folks heads these days.

But those sunsets, though... *chef's kiss*

Really quite a special treat!

That looks like no vacation I've ever taken.:rotfl:

Then you're not doing it right, Mark.

Wow, that guy is really high up there. Hope he wasn't drinking, too.

One wrong move!!

I actually create a spreadsheet with what my husband and I think we'll order, so I can get a good idea of potential costs. Just because it's on the spreadsheet doesn't mean we have to order that item when we get there, but it's a good starting point for saving for our trip!

I did too this time and will include that in my TR to show you how close I got. And without too much of a spoiler, I did get very, very close. :D

Amazing shot!

Thanks!!

The bread service at Saana is fantastic! Honestly, I've had much better curries here at home, but I still enjoyed the food overall.

It really is. And a great value too. I think there'd be enough on it to feed 2 people and like you, I've had better curries, but I just really enjoy it there.

Bahaha far be it from me to understand the ways of the TSA :laughing:

It's impossible. Not worth the brain cell usage to try.

Oh, come on Liesa, don't hold back now! :laughing:

I get that, though. That seems just silly. I've occasionally gotten on the plane with things taken out of my 2 bags that obviously could have fit inside them, and haven't ever been called out for it.

LOL!!

It's the epitome of ridiculousness.

I recommend getting married and celebrating your anniversaries in Disney in August. We've caught several Florida-style thunder storms this way. For that matter, Nathan's seen more than I have when he's been working down there mid-July, so that might even be better!

Woooh! Here comes WDW!!

I guess I just go at the "wrong" time, or have been very lucky. (Actually, the VIP Weather Package is highly under-rated. Well worth the money!)

Well, if it fantasy football, I'd rather have reality.

Must admit... I know nothing of fantasy football (or hockey). I never got the point. I'll either play them (that's behind me now, though) or watch them.

I never thought I would either. It's the year of Disney. Perhaps next year may bring my bucket list trip to So. Italy. Who knows.

I'd love to go back to Italy. I have unfinished business there.

:faint:

And one was even a total and complete surprise to me too!

Really! That suprises me. I know you check out the menus ahead of time and like most of us, book ADRs months in advance. Curious to see what the surprising part is.

Oh, I'm fine. Just a bit of a scare and a... scene.

:hug:

Only if you pick up your socks and put them in the hamper.

I have to take my socks off????

Brutal. I honestly don't think I could do that then turn around and go to work.

I honestly forgot I had to. I thought I had a day off in between. Not so much.

Gonna guess Universal. Pretty sure you've mentioned you wanted to.

Oh I do... but,

no.

Or the night started with the day.

Another plausible theorem.

Meh. You're going to Disney.

Then again, you stopped in Bowling Green, so... maybe the Disney hyper excitement hadn't sunk in yet.

In which case... it super sucks.

Maybe. Although travel, especially flying, makes me pretty excited. But yeah, I think working the day before and starting out exhausted made it especially super sucky.

:eek:

Don't do that! People break into cars in parking lots, you know!

OH, pish posh. It's got all kinds of security cameras and patrols cruising through pretty regularly. I don't think most thieves are willing to pay the sky high parking fees just to risk it.

Because the car doesn't have a shower.

OH.

That's a fair point. Then again, it's one plausible strategy to get a whole row to yourself.

Very nice! Very! That's quite the gift. Good friend, indeed!

I have some excellent friends for sure!

Did she at least slow down a little?

A very little.

Now I know where the gun is kept. It will make it easier to disarm you. I can be completely disarming, you know.

Or was that dismembering.

one of those.

I disremember.

I first read that as "disalarming".

So.... you're saying you were disappointed that it wasn't a more thorough groping?

Doesn't everyone want a good groping from a perfect stranger? (Joke)

And that's... bad? I presume?

Yes. It usually means a middle seat in the back.

1. It's usually not a good thing to have your name called prior to boarding.
2. However in this case... A group! Woot!

Correct. This is that one in a million "good" occasion.

Gotta take the good with the bad.
Hopefully it'll be worth it once you get there.

It was!

If they were men, they probably didn't mind all that much.

Excuse me, Sir. Just ignore that heel in your eye.

Too much work.

But I'm going through a similar issue myself right now.
Think it's resolved... hopefully yours will be too.

I think so?

Incorrect.
That would be the Sausage McMuffin with Egg.

Yes. I stand corrected. And they are far superior to its plain cousin.

That's... ridiculous.

Especially when you consider that every male flyer on there could have had a carry-on, laptop bag and a wallet.

Correct. I was incensed.

:goodvibes I liked your folks. Nice people.

Thanks! I'm rather fond of them too.

Those shots are beautiful!

Thanks!! :)

You can keep them in Kentucky. I don't want a storm when I'm trying to ride BTMRR or watch some fireworks.

No, I do mean a conveniently TIMED one. Like when I'm at an outdoor CS place with plenty of cover and I'm just sitting anyway. The kind that lasts 30 minutes, is loud, and cools everything off.

:laughing: No, I suppose one can not be... at least for MNSSHP! Can't wait for that!

I think you'll be pleased. :)

Cute tootsies.
Slightly nicer than mine.

slightly.

Did you go with pink then?

Hmmmm... Going as one of the ghostly ballroom dancers?

Not quite. Cooler than that. ;)

This does not look like one of my vacations.
Perhaps I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Yes, as I told Mark, you've been doing it all wrong.

Hey! I know that group.
Funny they'd have a framed photo there.

We're famous!!

Well, someone looks happy to be going to Disney!

squeeeeeee!

Why not? Early flight again?

Not too crazy, but yes, early-ish.

OMG! The track is tilting! The fake-o-rail is going to fall off!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiny photo, representing.... what?

I have NO idea why Smugmug won't let me size all my photos as large this time. I've never had the problem where they've auto-sized them as tiny before, but yes, that represents my arrival to POFQ. :)

Pretty sunsets and pretty nails (hands and toes). Is that PO French Quarter? We visited that resort on our last trip and really are considering staying there next time.

Thanks! :) It's the little things!

It is!!! A whole update on that at some point :) I loved it there. A lot. Small and cozy and quite pretty!

How frustrating to be asked to remove your purse.

It was so dumb. Truly (while I actually agree with the policy in spirit) idiotic considering WHAT they were asking to be combined.

I likey like

Thanks! It was super fun to have themed nails to go with Halloween-y vibe of my week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter