The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

The end of the alphabet; the last few drinks, in this quest to have 1 drink for each letter of the alphabet during my 11 day trip to Disney. Can it be done? (Shh! I didn't ask if it SHOULD be done.)

The only way I could possibly do this challenge is if I got to share drinks with someone. I just don't normally drink more than 1 in a day, and usually not even a full drink when I have one! My recent DC trip was unusual in that I think I actually had a drink 3 or 4 nights in a row! (I've been on a margarita / sangria kick now that it is summer.)

Early access for beverage and culinary demos opens tomorrow morning for DVC, AP, and TIW members. I think everything opens up on Thursday morning.

Jill in CO

Every state and every clinic handles it differently and the rules are a little open to interpretation. I know Oregon is stricter than Texas. Here in Texas, we have them sign a form listing who can have information from their chart, and then we can just release to those people listed with no problem.

Same in NC. But I can always make an appointment- it was the results they really cared about.

Yes, he can, but sadly we lost about 4 days+ a weekend now to just make an appt. That's dumb.

Especially when it a seizure you need an MRI for - I am afraid I would have gotten all "how dare you impact his health like that" on them.

They told us he just needs to call and give verbal consent to make the appt, which he's done now. So my lunch break will be doing that tomorrow.

Yeesh- yes I have played that game.

It is just so odd to me that I can't make an apt for him. Seems a little (ok a lot!) overboard to me.

Yes ::yes::

Hi All- just saying hi from my majorly awesome job. They're giving me more independence and I'm kinda likin' it. But still PLENTY of oversight.... as there should be!! So far all my patients have gone home safe and sound. Woohoo!!

:wave: Glad it is awesome.

Hey I have an idea about the drinks. :idea: Do they HAVE to be in order? I mean it would be easy to get a Yak attack in AK but inconvenient to have to do it in order, since it is not like you are going to the same bar every time.

I know the OCD wants order but pass up a good drink because it is not next on the list is worse... :lmao: :drinking1

Early access for beverage and culinary demos opens tomorrow morning for DVC, AP, and TIW members. I think everything opens up on Thursday morning.

Jill in CO

I've already spent so much above and beyond that I'm probably not going to do an add on this time. The kiosks to me are already such an uber treat! I would probably be more inclined if this were an adults only trip and I'd have company who enjoy going with me, but the kids would be utterly bored stiff. Ladies trip....?

Well it's good news if Zach has been OK since that night. Does he do anything where he might have incurred a slight concussion?

Why, yes. Yes, he does. We thought of a connection and will certainly mention it to his neurologist. When he was 8, his brother crashed into him while riding his bike and knocked Zach flat on the back of his head. He had a MAJOR concussion with vomiting, loss of consciousness, disorientation, etc... Unfortunately, we lived in a 3rd world country at the time with zero medical care. The American docs wanted him evacuated, but that wasn't possible because the flight would have been too risky for increasing his intracranial pressure. So, we nursed him as best as we could. I don't know if the MRI will show an old injury like that or not... I will ask though. :)

Last edited:
Hi All- just saying hi from my majorly awesome job. They're giving me more independence and I'm kinda likin' it. But still PLENTY of oversight.... as there should be!! So far all my patients have gone home safe and sound. Woohoo!!

Well, well, well..... sounds to me like someone is quite enjoying her new job!

Now I"m doing my F&W planning for when the phones open in the morning. Oh the stress!

..... whiiiiich I need to get on! Oy!!! So much yet to do!!

There are add ons to F&W???
Where does one find this info???

I've already spent so much above and beyond that I'm probably not going to do an add on this time. The kiosks to me are already such an uber treat!

I have a feeling, this will be me.

There are add ons to F&W???
Where does one find this info???

Google "Disney Food Blog Food and Wine Special Events". There are Blog posts for the pricey events, anywhere from $65-$600. They have the Eat to the Beat performers, the Deminar schedule, the kiosk menus. They have been coming out over the past couple months as the info has been released.

I've already spent so much above and beyond that I'm probably not going to do an add on this time. The kiosks to me are already such an uber treat! I would probably be more inclined if this were an adults only trip and I'd have company who enjoy going with me, but the kids would be utterly bored stiff. Ladies trip....?

Your kids would not really be able to enjoy the special events, and at the prices, that's a wise choice. We plan to do a Mediterranean lunch and that's "cheap" at $65pp. The HBD dinner is $199 and that's a bargain compared to V&A's dinner, which is $600pp. :eek:

I know they're pricey, but these are the things that "make" F&W for me. I really hope they bring back the winemaker dinners like they had in 2010 at the DCA festival next year.

They do have culinary and beverage seminars for $15pp that are a good value. Kids are welcome at them (they just can't drink any alcohol). You get the watch the chef demo a dish and then you get small portion and a glass of wine. The beverage demos are generally like a wine tasting. Not a bad deal for $15.

Jill in CO

Alrighty then, I finally have some free time to get my guesses in. I read your contest point structure in my best Dumbledore voice :o

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Flights and Travel: (80 points available)

10 points for each departure on time (2 Royal Carriage rides)
5 points within 1/2 hour (for each)
5 points for each aisle for me (2 possible)
10 points if we all sit together (each leg)
20 points if I get any sleep (hint, I have Ambien and I'm not afraid to use it)

10 points for one on time departure
5 points for within 1/2 an hour
20 points for all sitting together
20 points for sleeping
Total = 55
ADRs: (75 points available)

5 points for each ADR we go to
20 point bonus if we go to all of them (there are 11)

45 points for making 9 out of 11 ADR's

Drinks: (150 points available- this is an ambitious Quest!)

50 points if I get 1 drink from every letter
10 points for each Challenge drink gotten = 60
10 points for each souvie mug I buy (4 is the plan; 2 may be n/a drinks)

Ambitious challenge indeed!
40 points for each challenge drink
30 points for souvie mugs
Total =70 points
Shop Around the World Tour: (85 points available)

5 points for each Pavilion I buy something in
10 point bonus if I buy something from all 11 Pavilions
20 point bonus if each one is under $10

55 points for buying in each pavilion
10 bonus points
20 bonus bonus for each under $10
Total = 85 points
Hidden Mickeys: (50 points available)

1 point for every one I find **and post (up to 50 points available)

43 points

Resorts: AoA; AKL (60 points available)

10 points if room ready on arrival (AoA)
10 points if room ready on arrival (AKL)
20 points if upgraded (AoA)
20 points if upgraded (AKL)

10 points room ready at AoA
20 points for AKL upgrade
Total= 30 points

Completion of "Top 10 Lists": (60 points available)
*More posts on these to come...

10 points per list if totally completed (4 parks, 2 Resorts)

60 points

Transportation: (50 points available)

30 bonus points if no wait is more than 15 minutes per ride during entire trip
20 bonus points if all 5 modes are taken (bus, mono, boat, train, ferry)

20 points for all modes of transportation

Miscellaneous Points: (60 + 26 = 86 points available)

5 points if no one gets any blisters
5 points if no one forgets anything (hint: I am very organized)
5 points if I actually get 1 photo with a character (hint: possibly at MNSSHP)
10 points for the MNSSHP Pentafecta: HM, Parade, Hallowishes, Hocus Pocus Show, 7 Dwarves Photo
5 points if I do something ridiculous at Yeehaw Bob (we'll see who knows me well)
10 points if I get any "Magic" while wearing my Mickey ears, or button, or grad cap
10 points for each pool I actually get in

1 point for every Mystery Photo Location you correctly identify (this portion to be played out during TR!)

5 points for no one forgets anything
5 points for character photo
5 points for Yeehaw Bob shenanigans
10 points for Magic and pixie dust
20 points for pools
Total = 45 points

Grand total 453

10 points to Gryffindor! :rotfl2:

Did you take that picture of the African Crowned Crane that was in a chapter a couple of pages back? It's great!

Ah! I was wondering, but didn't want to push.

Aw, you're not pushing. I dropped the ball (but picked it back up just now). Work makes it tough to be super mom anymore.

Okay. Thanks for the update.

My pleasure.

Become wealthy. Hire someone to do it for you.
Or just keep buying new clothes.

I would need to be wealthy to do that too, though.

Pretty much the same here.
Except....

"Okay. At the lights, turn left into the left most lane. But then you're going to have to do two lane changes to get over to the far right."

It did not go very well.

Yeah, we have a bridge here in Salem that requires the exact same stealth move. I guess we'll cross when the time comes.

Sorry to hear that.

Looking back, I think it was just nerves about work. Good Lord, it's a steep learning curve over there.

My condolences on the minuteness of the beverage.

But if I get 2 or 3, it'll be about 1 and just right.

:laughing: True! And I don't know if I would've thought of that!

It was a blatant act of desperation.

Sounds.... totally relaxing and wonderful.

<sigh> Don't it??

Man, that looks good.

I'll let you know how it is...

Did you take that picture of the African Crowned Crane that was in a chapter a couple of pages back? It's great!

Very quickly... yes, Glenn, I did. It was during our Sanaa lunch in 2010. He made us laugh almost the whole hour we were there. They are such kooky birds. I love them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts