The adult acupuncture seminar

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
Do they actually perform any acupuncture during these sessions? Or is it more, like, "Let's talk about acupuncture for an hour, and then if you want to try it, you can book a session for a fee"?

Do they actually perform any acupuncture during these sessions? Or is it more, like, "Let's talk about acupuncture for an hour, and then if you want to try it, you can book a session for a fee"?

I'll be interested in hearing the answers to this. The very first time I had acupuncture was on a Disney ship. But I had not gone to the seminar beforehand. The acupuncturist was very professional and I had 2 or 3 sessions as I had severe shoulder pain. It did seem to help a good deal.

Good luck! Happy puncturing! :cutie:

It is an up sell. :) And no, you just get a little chat about it and then how you can book and pay for a session. They included it in their Spa "Specials" available on the Magic when we took a tour of the Rainforest and Spa areas. Each and every room was all about up selling on that cruise. I did not end up buying a Rainforest pass on that cruise either because it is so small compared to Dream and Fantasy and I just did not see myself wanting to be there. Sorry..off topic. lol

It is an up sell. :) And no, you just get a little chat about it and then how you can book and pay for a session. They included it in their Spa "Specials" available on the Magic when we took a tour of the Rainforest and Spa areas. Each and every room was all about up selling on that cruise.

Thanks. I suspected as much.

I am looking for new things to try on my next cruise, but I am not sure I want to pay cruise-spa prices to try acupuncture for the first time.

i love acupuncture, but i wouldn't do it on a cruise. it's usually not a one and done thing. maybe some have good results with only one or two sessions, but it took me about 6 months for my pain.

Thanks. I suspected as much.

I am looking for new things to try on my next cruise, but I am not sure I want to pay cruise-spa prices to try acupuncture for the first time.

What kinds of things have you already done? Maybe I can suggest some new things that you have not tried. :)

What kinds of things have you already done? Maybe I can suggest some new things that you have not tried. :)

I appreciate that. My wife and I are not anti-social in regular life, but when it comes to vacationing, we are not "joiners". We see vacations as time for us to reconnect as a couple and as a family, not to meet new people. Not at all disparaging people who are "joiners"; it's just not for us.

Couples massage is an obvious choice. What about Mixology? Can a couple keep to themselves, have a conversation and drink their drinks? Or are you constantly "in the mix"?

Couples massage is an obvious choice. What about Mixology? Can a couple keep to themselves, have a conversation and drink their drinks? Or are you constantly "in the mix"?

Highly recommend the Spa Villas for couples' treatments, but be warned, they ain't cheap. It is a fabulous overall spa experience and all about couple time. :cutie:

We have done several tastings/classes and though you will be with other people the groups have never been huge in the ones we have done over the years, and we found it easy to enjoy the experience just the two or 4 of us, depending on which cruise. One my DD and DSIL were with us and it was great fun!

They will have the cocktail tables set up where its 2 or 4 people per table usually. The mixology class MIGHT be more convivial as they usually pick one or 2 people to come up and help do the mixing.

[ What about Mixology? Can a couple keep to themselves, have a conversation and drink their drinks? Or are you constantly "in the mix"?[/QUOTE]

Mixology, which usually sells out quick, was 25 people in groups of 5 learning how to mix one of the five drinks for the class. Group 1 learns, mixes, pours and serves. Group 2 learns, mixes, pours and serves. Etc, etc.. You get more than a "tasting", you get a drink, one of each, all five. My SIL was a bit tipsy after the class, more like drink #3 started to put her over. Not for the faint of heart or liver.

I am looking for new things to try on my next cruise,

I was disappointed to discover they no longer do galley tours. :sad2: I've done one on one of my DCL Hawaii cruises, but DH has never done one, so I was hoping for one on our upcoming Fantasy sailing in Sept. According to Shoreside Concierge, they no longer do them. I found the galley tour extremely informative and interesting! :cutie:

I appreciate that. My wife and I are not anti-social in regular life, but when it comes to vacationing, we are not "joiners". We see vacations as time for us to reconnect as a couple and as a family, not to meet new people. Not at all disparaging people who are "joiners"; it's just not for us.

Mixology is fun but not really a quiet type of thing where you can hang out by yourselves separately. It is an hour long class and they keep it moving pretty well. The Couples massage sounds really nice too. That would be a good idea.

My husband and I like to go to the Rainforest during first seating dinner and shows...it is pretty quiet then and we get to relax. We especially prefer the Dream and Fantasy Rainforest over the Magic though.
If you are on the larger ships, go mini golfing...really fun for all ages. Or play Chip It golf. It is not mini golf, but it is pretty fun all the same.
We also like to go to a lounge every evening after dinner and have a few drinks...our favorite is Meridian, Skyline or Cove Cafe on the Fantasy...but all of the lounges on all ships are very nice. The kids are otherwise entertained and we enjoy having some quiet time at the end of the day.
I like to read books on Deck 4 loungers and sometimes will take a little nap. And of course Satellite Falls is pretty nice as well.
Do you play Bingo, or go to the different trivia or activities? That might be fun if you usually don't do that. Low key and yet still in a social environment. Short and fun and also a bit informative too.

The times we've done the wine tasting and mixology (Wonder and Magic, respectively), we (a couple) were seated at one of the low bar tables with another couple, or I think in one case there were 3 people across from us. Other than greeting them, we really didn't interact with them, any more than snippets of conversation. Not that we wouldn't have talked with them-- we're pretty friendly-- it just turned out I guess we were with quiet people. So don't avoid one of those events if you want to try them. Also-- at least on the Classic ships-- you could probably arrive early and ask the host to seat you at one of the peripheral tables if you like.

The times we've done the wine tasting and mixology (Wonder and Magic, respectively), we (a couple) were seated at one of the low bar tables with another couple, or I think in one case there were 3 people across from us. Other than greeting them, we really didn't interact with them, any more than snippets of conversation. Not that we wouldn't have talked with them-- we're pretty friendly-- it just turned out I guess we were with quiet people. So don't avoid one of those events if you want to try them. Also-- at least on the Classic ships-- you could probably arrive early and ask the host to seat you at one of the peripheral tables if you like.

Agree with all this! :thumbsup2

You and your wife can make your own trivia team. It varied whether you check your own answers or trade with another team, but even trading doesn’t involve interaction beyond exchanging papers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter