The Adventures of The Traveling Fire Pit

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Boomer 1 is currently the caretaker of The Traveling Fire Pit having accepted it from Team Garneska . This fire pit has changed hands several times over the last few months since it's original owners decided not to bring it home with them but generously sought out another Dis Member to enjoy it. Some transfers have provided the opportunity for meet and greets, Hopefully some friendship and fellowship. Maybe with a thread dedicated to it we can keep it in service and provide a forum to share experiences with it.
Any one who has been a care taker of this little unit please let us know who you are and any memories it helped you make

If the firepit needs a place to pass through, we’ll be happy to provide it a place to land. We’re in 1210 for a while (doing the snowbird thing).

Took a little time today to do some research on the Travelling Fire Pit. Mrs.Toaster and her family were the original owners and not having a further need for it were generous enough to offer it prior to departing so others might enjoy it. They passed it on to Garneska in early December. From there it looks as if Corgidad made sure it was secure before passing it on to Ilovedisneymm.
This is where things get a bit fuzzy. I do know that Garneska again became the TFP caretaker again in Jan before passing it on to Boomer1 whom I believe is still it's caretaker

The TFP currently resides with us in the 1700 loop. Last night it hosted a s’more roast with family and friends visiting from Canada. Eyeeore has agreed to provide lodging for it next. We will probably not use it again during our stay so if you are ready Eyeeore we would drop it off.

Boomer1, it sounds like you had a good time with the TFP. I wonder who will want it next since it really needs to move on to another DIS member. We'll use it a little and then pass it along.

We're going to be over at Epcot after noon or so (FP @ noon - 1pm) so we'll be up and wandering around after 10am or so. If we're not here, just put it behind the truck in 1210.

I hope I get to meet you when you come by. If not, I'll wander toward the 1700 loop.

Last edited:
We won't be there for another month, check in is Feb 24th but I would love to get it if somehow it works out that way.

Boomer1, thanks for bringing it by our site. I'll probably use it a night or 2 & then pass it along. It looks like J Scott & Leahgirl12 are in the queue beginning Feb 17 so maybe bjschll & leahgirl12 can figure out timing & such.

We pull out on March 4 so it looks like the TFP is going on to a good use.

We will be there Feb 6 thru 13. I know my husband's daughters love sitting by a fire. Because of their plans we probably only use it Feb 10 - 12. If possible would be great to use a couple nights.

If we bridge it right I'll roll in and can assume caretaker March 10-17 if needed.

We would love it April 19-29 if available.
How does this work?
Does someone maintain a list and let people know if they may get it, or do we just keep checking back here to see where it is?

Bloomcruisers Welcome. There is no master list. The TFP got started a few months ago when the original owners decided no to bring it home and offered it to anyone who was at the FORT and would be willing to take it. Since then it has been passed on from poster to poster. Keep your eyes open as your trip gets closer and hopefully it will still be going around and you can get it for a few nights and pass on to someone else

BloomC glad I could help. Ask all the questions you need peoples around here more than happy to help and point you in the right direction at worse we'll make something up that makes the rest smile.

We would like to host the TFP March 25-31 this year! It looks like tiggerdad has March 10-17, but I don't see host for the week in between us (17th-25th). I bet someone is out there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!