The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - APRIL 2010

intruder alert!​

I am popping over from the Poly thread and have a question for you guys.

The poly has just installed cabanas poolside. GF has had them for a while so maybe you guys can answer my question.

anyone that has rented a cabana or knows the answer please speak up!

do you guys tip the attendent for just being there? or do you tip when they bring food and drinks? if so what is the norm in each situation!:confused3 when do you tip? how much is acceptable?:confused3

momatater - thanks again!:hug: Glad I could help. Cute about your DH, at least he's saying he'll help, that means a lot.

garada3 - you are correct, the machine in the main building is a front loader. The soap they sell there is the same as every other laundry room, though, not the HE stuff I have to use at home, so I assume the 3-in-1 sheets would work - don't you just throw them in like a dryer sheet? Or, do you mean because there is no agitator? Hmmm, good question! Although, in my front loader, the clothes tumble so hard they turn inside out, lol.

MommyGina - :laughing: That is a shame, isn't it?;)

6264EVER - yes, there are numerous seating areas in the main building, far more than any of the other club levels, in my opinion. I'll post some photos. As Scott MC mentioned, there is also a large balcony on the third floor. I think it is now the designated smoking area, but we rarely saw anyone out there in 8 days in May, and we could see it very well from our room. I think I have some photos of that as well.

The TPV main building rooms have their own balconies, I'll post a photo that illustrates that point. Um, let's see, oh! So glad to hear you were able to get a TPV room, good luck on your RPC decision. It's a tough one, I know, the rates are pretty high.:scared1: Hopefully, they'll still have those wonderful discounts next year, I'll keep my fingers crossed.:wizard:

Seating area with TV, next to food service area on fourth floor:
IMG_1014.jpg

Same seating, from an angle, the food service area is on the other side of the half wall:
IMG_1045.jpg

Tables behind the couches and TV, with children's area:
IMG_1017.jpg

Tables that wrap around the lobby atrium, looking out to the courtyard:
IMG_1044.jpg

Pretty seating area on the fifth floor, right above the lounge:
IMG_0970.jpg

And if nothing else appeals, there are numerous comfy couches and chairs in the lobby, a short elevator ride away:
IMG_1028.jpg

Third floor balcony:
IMG_0917.jpg

Looking over the marina, directly at the RPC rooms over Gasparilla's, you can see individual balconies:
SpringBreak07023.jpg

Any chance you have a picture of the Thrid floor balcony. I'm looking to have and Intimate Dinner there and would like to see the space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter