SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

Thanks! We have friends staying at RPR. I guess I am looking for which building would allow for easiest walk back and forth. Or maybe they are all relatively close (or not?).

Walk beyond the Universal Store in lobby area and follow the path through both convention areas.......

Saves going outside and air conditioned all the way. Very easy to walk, takes no time at all and takes you out at the Business Centre just beyond where Tchoup Chop is.

I studied the map a little more, and see the inside connection spot to RPR. Thanks.

If you are taking the walking path to Citywalk, do you go past the boat dock to RPR or do you walk past Guest House 2? It looks like there is a bridge or something there over the water.

Thanks.

From looking at the above map, is Guest House 3 closest to the boat dock and the walking path to Royal Pacific? Or do you have to walk past Building 2 to get to Royal Pacific and then to the parks?

To give you some idea, this was the view outside my room window. I was in number 3412, which is in Guest House 3 on the fourth floor (Lobby Level). I was literally right above the boat dock and walking path.

20170828_164416-min.jpg

Woohoo was stalking for days and finally a room opened up for next week! So we will do 2 nights at Sapphire Falls and one at Royal Pacific.

First time at Sapphire Falls and we are excited to check it out.

Boat? Does it go directly to city walk or does it stop at RP?

And anything we must do at the hotel, it's just me and my teenage boys this trip.

Woohoo was stalking for days and finally a room opened up for next week! So we will do 2 nights at Sapphire Falls and one at Royal Pacific.

First time at Sapphire Falls and we are excited to check it out.

Boat? Does it go directly to city walk or does it stop at RP?

And anything we must do at the hotel, it's just me and my teenage boys this trip.

Congrats.....and your trip is just around the corner.......:thumbsup2

Boat from SF goes directly to Citywalk.........each hotel has their own designated boats and doesn’t stop anywhere else..........

SF is a stunning hotel.........we really like it and spend a good few nights at Strongwater Tavern.........hope you have a lovely trip there.......:)

We had a great time! Loved this hotel. If it only had front of the line it would be our go to.

Some observations- heavy conference crowd at this hotel.(didn’t matter to me but didn’t see many small children)
Loved the pool except that you can see the road signs from the pool area. Takes a bit away from that vacation feel.

But the room was great! Comfortable. Oh another odd thing- sliding door to bathroom. My son noticed that it doesn’t close all the way- small opening when it is shut. For us no big deal but again if privacy is a concern .....

We have a room booked for 4 adults at Sapphire Falls from Monday, Feb. 12 to Saturday, Feb. 17. We did have a booking for the entire week with hotels.com, but found a great Stay and Save rate but for fewer nights. So now I must find a room for Saturday and Sunday night.

How are the sofa beds on the suites? (I read the sofa beds on the RPR are not comfortable, wondering if it's the same)

Hi @schumigirl! How are you doing? I'm taking the kids to Universal one last time on our current APs the weekend of 19 January. I'd like to try Sapphire Falls, but I've been spoiled by EPs at RPR. It is supposed to be a slow time, according to the two crowd calendars I checked. We like to do the Potter rides, MIB, and the water rides, plus my son does the roller coasters (so can go single rider). Do you think we will be okay? Sapphire Falls looks nice, plus it still has the water taxi and it will save me a few bucks for other things.

Hi @schumigirl! How are you doing? I'm taking the kids to Universal one last time on our current APs the weekend of 19 January. I'd like to try Sapphire Falls, but I've been spoiled by EPs at RPR. It is supposed to be a slow time, according to the two crowd calendars I checked. We like to do the Potter rides, MIB, and the water rides, plus my son does the roller coasters (so can go single rider). Do you think we will be okay? Sapphire Falls looks nice, plus it still has the water taxi and it will save me a few bucks for other things.

Doing good thanks!!!

I don't really keep up with January crowds but If it says it`ll be a quiet time then you should be fine........single rider will definitely help if it does pick up a little........wow....water rides in January........lol......that's very brave to me!!! But you should be good to go with that.......

We love Sapphire Falls, I really didn't think we would like it as much....then we were fortunate enough to be given a full tour just after it opened and thought it was just gorgeous........We have a 10 day stay booked in May this year........but not really planning to do the parks much that trip, so wont miss EP too much......looking to enjoy the resort and around Orlando........will be a change for us for sure!

So I`ll be curious to hear your thoughts on the hotel......yes, the water taxi is a nice perk too.......and of course you still get EE if that works for you too......

Let us know how you get on and hope you`re doing good too........:wave2:

How are the sofa beds on the suites? (I read the sofa beds on the RPR are not comfortable, wondering if it's the same)

I only know one person who has used the sofa bed at SF and they were fine with it........her son ended up in the bed with his dad.......so she got bumped to the sofa bed.......but she said she had a great sleep.......

Doing good thanks!!!

I don't really keep up with January crowds but If it says it`ll be a quiet time then you should be fine........single rider will definitely help if it does pick up a little........wow....water rides in January........lol......that's very brave to me!!! But you should be good to go with that.......

We love Sapphire Falls, I really didn't think we would like it as much....then we were fortunate enough to be given a full tour just after it opened and thought it was just gorgeous........We have a 10 day stay booked in May this year........but not really planning to do the parks much that trip, so wont miss EP too much......looking to enjoy the resort and around Orlando........will be a change for us for sure!

So I`ll be curious to hear your thoughts on the hotel......yes, the water taxi is a nice perk too.......and of course you still get EE if that works for you too......

Let us know how you get on and hope you`re doing good too........:wave2:
Well, I ended up calling and getting a good military rate at RPR, so we are going back to our go-to resort! It may be our last trip to Universal for a while, so it will be nice to have the EPs to really enjoy all our favorite rides (my daughter is pretty impatient with lines). I do plan to walk over to Sapphire Falls and go to Strong Water for a meal and drinks, and if the weather is good check out their pool as well.

Well, I ended up calling and getting a good military rate at RPR, so we are going back to our go-to resort! It may be our last trip to Universal for a while, so it will be nice to have the EPs to really enjoy all our favorite rides (my daughter is pretty impatient with lines). I do plan to walk over to Sapphire Falls and go to Strong Water for a meal and drinks, and if the weather is good check out their pool as well.

Good job!!!

I will unashamedly admit to despising having to queue anywhere.....so I fully agree having EP is so nice.

Strong Water.........:thumbsup2 Love that place!!! Have never been disappointed with rums, cocktails,service and food.......yep, love it!

Haven’t used the pool, but it does look lovely.......:)

How big are the refrigerators at the Sapphire Suites? and do they have microwaves (or are they available if requested)?

Same question for kids suites...

Thanks

How big are the refrigerators at the Sapphire Suites? and do they have microwaves (or are they available if requested)?

Same question for kids suites...

Thanks

There’s a picture of the fridge in the Sapphire suite in the pictures at the beginning of this thread.

Never noticed the fridge in the Kids suite.

There’s a picture of the fridge in the Sapphire suite in the pictures at the beginning of this thread.

Never noticed the fridge in the Kids suite.

Thanks. I noticed there's a microwave in the presidential suite but apparently not in Sapphire Suite. Do you folks know if a microwave can be requested? Thanks

Thanks. I noticed there's a microwave in the presidential suite but apparently not in Sapphire Suite. Do you folks know if a microwave can be requested? Thanks

Yes, you can hire a microwave........

Info in first posts on this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts