The Amazing Race starts tonight

Whew! Watched five episodes in the last two nights so that I'd be caught up before the finale, AND so I could read up on everyone's thoughts.

Don't want to rehash everyone's thoughts, but a few quick-hitters....

-If Tara and Joey had switched the tasks last night, they may very well have finished first in the leg. She would've finished the cups faster than him, and he would've beaten the game faster than her. Really glad they're still in it, and they're who I'm pulling for.
-Which team will do the best with the inevitable memory task? I'm thinking Scott and Brooke, but that's without knowing which teams have been taking(and practicing) the best notes from each leg.
-No eating challenges this season? I always got a twisted sense of enjoyment from watching those.

No wonder they left that season in the can for so long.

ETA: the Wrigley footage was from last year. The tickets handed to them were 2016 tickets and the #LetsGo lanyard that the 'ushers' wore was also from last year. BTW, Phil was sitting in a section in front of my seats ;).

We started watching late. I checked Twitter and saw who won. Turned off the tv. Ugh.

Most sickening and undeserved win ever. I would have been fine with either of the other two teams winning, but not whiny, begging, crying, fit throwing, HELP ME, I CAAAAAAAAN'T Brooke. (Her partner was fine and deserves an award for not killing her.) She begged, pleaded, and melted down her way into getting others to help her pretty much every step of the way. She was possibly the most useless contestant EVER. I'm disgusted.

Horrible ending! And I think I heard Brooke say that they deserved to win. Winners like that make me not want to watch again.i think she should be forced to share her winnings with the other teams that helped her as she whined her way through the game.

No wonder they left that season in the can for so long.

ETA: the Wrigley footage was from last year. The tickets handed to them were 2016 tickets and the #LetsGo lanyard that the 'ushers' wore was also from last year. BTW, Phil was sitting in a section in front of my seats ;).
They shot it from mid-June to early July last year. They're shooting season 30 now, so I expect it to air around the same time next year.

Horrible ending! And I think I heard Brooke say that they deserved to win. Winners like that make me not want to watch again.i think she should be forced to share her winnings with the other teams that helped her as she whined her way through the game.
Making alliances and getting help and even pretending to be clueless is part of the strategy of the race. Not that I think Brooke was always trying to be strategic, but she did what she had to do to stay in it and when it counted in the end there were tasks that she could do.

It was a pretty boring finale that lacked suspense, but overall it was a good season and the locations they picked in Chicago and watching Scott and what little we saw of London and Logan made the episode a little more fun.

I'm actually okay with the winners. With that being said...

In the early seasons there was much less equalizing. There were multiple flights, and in the first couple seasons I don't even think they had pre-arranged flights. Teams could get very spread out. I can't remember the season, but one year after the winning team stepped on the mat in New York (?), the producers had to notify one of the other final teams to stop doing their task back in Alaska! I know this was much more difficult to produce (think about holding the venues for challenges over a day or two), but it was more of a true race around the world. With the equalizing they now have every episode, it has essentially become a series of one-day challenges. And with that it becomes much more a matter of luck.

Just my two cents...

Okay, did it seem like Brooke and Scott had time advantages throughout the show or was it just the way editing made it look? It was a VERY anticlimactic win. Yawn.

P.S. This is why, kids, it's okay NOT to help other contestants who act helpless during the Amazing Race. Had all the people that helped Brooke early on not have done so, she probably wouldn't be the one with the money now. JMO.

I wish Tara and Joey didn't go to the wrong building, they may have had a chance.:(
I believe that they were at the old Medinah Temple which is not that far from the Water Tower. Maybe a half a mile away. I guess it depends on how much time they wasted there.

I believe that they were at the old Medinah Temple which is not that far from the Water Tower. Maybe a half a mile away. I guess it depends on how much time they wasted there.

I thought they were at the Chicago Temple building in the Loop, which would have added more time getting to the Water Tower. Isn't Medinah a Bloomingdales now?

UGH. wanted Tara and Joey to win.

I gotta say though, very smart to check the big bulky backpacks and just carry the small little fanny packs. The others were struggling with schlepping the heavy packs.

I thought they were at the Chicago Temple building in the Loop, which would have added more time getting to the Water Tower. Isn't Medinah a Bloomingdales now?
Ah, you could be right. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to that part. The Chicago Temple building is over a mile away and it would take them at least a a half an hour to walk to the Water Tower.

I do have to say, kudos to Scott who thought ahead and checked his bags through.

Gross. I love AR, but that was the worst season ever. I hope the next one makes up for it, or I might have to just STOP.

Make it more competitive again - don't equalize everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter